Thickki Slackketter - Part 7

Yamly
Informer
Informer

Re: Thickki Slackketter - Part 7

Post by Yamly » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:44 am

Only a couple min in, but new vlog looks a lot better than the what we've seen the last couple months. She even shows herself cleaning up her apartment lmao.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:25 am

Ugh poor girl, i can see why she was sensitive about the chin acne :( I didn't realize it was quite that bad, as in painful looking. For real though, are there ANY fitspos who have truly nice skin??? heidi seems to but i don't trust that betch to ever actually SHOW US her real skin since she can't manage to do one IG or SC story without the pretty filter. you'd think that all these people whose jobs are to be healthy- get enough sleep, get away with not wearing any make up most days since they work at home, eat tons of veggies and fruit, carry gallon jugs of water around without looking goofy - would be legit glowing. but i honestly can't think of any of them off hand??

Blehbleh
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Blehbleh » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:29 am

Not crazy about her promoting some "cleanse" or a "fast". I'm not personally a fan of things like that as they are ineffective and sometimes dangerous..but I guess it's just for a day so it's not a huge deal but you don't need a cleanse because that's literally what your liver is for

Yamly
Informer
Informer

Post by Yamly » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:35 am

Healthyish85 wrote:Ugh poor girl, i can see why she was sensitive about the chin acne :( I didn't realize it was quite that bad, as in painful looking. For real though, are there ANY fitspos who have truly nice skin??? heidi seems to but i don't trust that betch to ever actually SHOW US her real skin since she can't manage to do one IG or SC story without the pretty filter. you'd think that all these people whose jobs are to be healthy- get enough sleep, get away with not wearing any make up most days since they work at home, eat tons of veggies and fruit, carry gallon jugs of water around without looking goofy - would be legit glowing. but i honestly can't think of any of them off hand??
As much as I hate heidi she does have nice skin. I don't know why the hell she wears all that makeup. You can see it in the beginning here.

But knowing her ass she shows the clip of her with face wash on then washes it off and secretly puts concealer on off cam then comes back to the next clip acting like it was right after she washed her face lol.

Zuzka Light also has really nice skin. I think it's really just genetics, not necessarily that they have better hygiene. Seems like eastern Europeans always have really beautiful flawless skin.

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:43 am

Blehbleh wrote:Not crazy about her promoting some "cleanse" or a "fast". I'm not personally a fan of things like that as they are ineffective and sometimes dangerous..but I guess it's just for a day so it's not a huge deal but you don't need a cleanse because that's literally what your liver is for
i agree tho i did do a one day juice fast a month or so ago and it wasn't a big deal. i did it more for digestive rest while flooding my body with nutrients rather than 'cleansing' since, as you noted, livers do a good job of that already lol now i'm curious about the documentary she watched though...wtf someone is drinking lemon water oNLY for like a month?!

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 am

Yamly wrote:
Healthyish85 wrote:Ugh poor girl, i can see why she was sensitive about the chin acne :( I didn't realize it was quite that bad, as in painful looking. For real though, are there ANY fitspos who have truly nice skin??? heidi seems to but i don't trust that betch to ever actually SHOW US her real skin since she can't manage to do one IG or SC story without the pretty filter. you'd think that all these people whose jobs are to be healthy- get enough sleep, get away with not wearing any make up most days since they work at home, eat tons of veggies and fruit, carry gallon jugs of water around without looking goofy - would be legit glowing. but i honestly can't think of any of them off hand??
As much as I hate heidi she does have nice skin. I don't know why the hell she wears all that makeup. You can see it in the beginning here.

But knowing her ass she shows the clip of her with face wash on then washes it off and secretly puts concealer on off cam then comes back to the next clip acting like it was right after she washed her face lol.

Zuzka Light also has really nice skin. I think it's really just genetics, not necessarily that they have better hygiene. Seems like eastern Europeans always have really beautiful flawless skin.
i would like to believe BB has as nice of 'real skin' as she shows but yeah, i don't trust her even a little bit to be honest about anything like that.

vegains_tm
Talker
Talker

Post by vegains_tm » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 am

Blehbleh wrote:Not crazy about her promoting some "cleanse" or a "fast". I'm not personally a fan of things like that as they are ineffective and sometimes dangerous..but I guess it's just for a day so it's not a huge deal but you don't need a cleanse because that's literally what your liver is for
I came here to say just that.... I haven't watched the video because I didn't want to give a video about stupid "cleanses" a view but I'm kinda disappointed. First fitness video in weeks and you give us this? Cleanses? Really NB?

mandicoot
Informer
Informer

Post by mandicoot » Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:53 am

vegains_tm wrote:
I came here to say just that.... I haven't watched the video because I didn't want to give a video about stupid "cleanses" a view but I'm kinda disappointed. First fitness video in weeks and you give us this? Cleanses? Really NB?
I agree with this. Her content was even from directly after getting home from London. So she says she was insecure about her skin, yet uses footage from when it was at its worst? She could have vlogged yesterday as I'm sure the zit has cleared up a lot more by now. She's just one big lame excuse and I have lost all the faith and quite frankly find myself very annoyed with her for no reason. Lol

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Lyanna
Talker
Talker

Post by Lyanna » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:21 am

Instead of doing a one day water fasting, why doesn't she try like 4 week no processed food challenge. That might actually help her skin :roll: It's so Nikki to watch something, do it for 24 hours and then drop it again :P

ilychee
Talker
Talker

Post by ilychee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:25 am

I started re-watching some of Nikki's old videos that were in the suggestions - and realized why I used to be so into her (besides the fitness oriented content): Nikki always wore really cute and bright workout clothes! I loved it when she would show what she was wearing that day.

And while she didn't always wear makeup, she still seemed fresh and upbeat. Now she's just bloated looking, dirty-looking, and lazy (Miles is NOT helping since he eats junk food all the time).

Gonna unsub for a while.

Also the chin acne is probably from her eating fried foods; it happens when I eat too many fries / sweet potato fries. More coconut water, fruits, and greens really help clear it up.

hashtaggoals
Debater
Debater

Post by hashtaggoals » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:44 am

I wonder if she was on BC and came off and her skin is acting up. My son has acne so I do feel for her because OTC medicines do not work for him, and I know he isn't dirty.

What do YT management companies get paid for? Like, do they do they actually help manage her channel or give her input on her videos? I think she needs someone outside of her circle to give her direction.

I feel like there are 12 stages of quitting Nikki and I'm at the point of panic/pity because I don't want her to throw this opportunity away.

ellie_williams
Debater
Debater

Post by ellie_williams » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:52 am

Healthyish85 wrote:
i agree tho i did do a one day juice fast a month or so ago and it wasn't a big deal. i did it more for digestive rest while flooding my body with nutrients rather than 'cleansing' since, as you noted, livers do a good job of that already lol now i'm curious about the documentary she watched though...wtf someone is drinking lemon water oNLY for like a month?!
To be fair the person in question was obese and did it to lose weight. Prolonged fasting for 3+ days puts you into ketosis so you lose fat without losing muscle, I've seen a lot of men do it recently, but apparently the effects aren't as great or as safe for women so idk :?

Yamly
Informer
Informer

Post by Yamly » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:16 pm

hashtaggoals wrote:I wonder if she was on BC and came off and her skin is acting up. My son has acne so I do feel for her because OTC medicines do not work for him, and I know he isn't dirty.

What do YT management companies get paid for? Like, do they do they actually help manage her channel or give her input on her videos? I think she needs someone outside of her circle to give her direction.

I feel like there are 12 stages of quitting Nikki and I'm at the point of panic/pity because I don't want her to throw this opportunity away.
Depends on the company but most of the time their main purpose is setting up sponsorships/opportunities. They have a far better network and can basically promo the youtubers to help land deals then they coordinate all or it. So like the reason Nikki got invited to that nyx party was bc of her manager. She prob wouldnt have sought out an invite otherwise.

Its kinda weird for her to have one though since she doesnt really do sponsored posts. Only thing i can think of lately is the sock thing.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

hashtaggoals
Debater
Debater

Post by hashtaggoals » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Yamly wrote:
hashtaggoals wrote:I wonder if she was on BC and came off and her skin is acting up. My son has acne so I do feel for her because OTC medicines do not work for him, and I know he isn't dirty.

Depends on the company but most of the time their main purpose is setting up sponsorships/opportunities. They have a far better network and can basically promo the youtubers to help land deals then they coordinate all or it. So like the reason Nikki got invited to that nyx party was bc of her manager. She prob wouldnt have sought out an invite otherwise.

Its kinda weird for her to have one though since she doesnt really do sponsored posts. Only thing i can think of lately is the sock thing.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Gotcha! thanks!

LemonadeGrenade
Talker
Talker

Post by LemonadeGrenade » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:25 pm

Yamly wrote:

I looked up skincare on Heidi's channel once and it brought me to a video where she said she used all these products from an "Artistry Range" and that she wasn't sponsored blah blah been using it for years. Turns out it was a amway product and the link to the product was conveniently her own amway profile. LOL

Zomgirl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Zomgirl » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:35 pm

ilychee wrote:And while she didn't always wear makeup, she still seemed fresh and upbeat. Now she's just bloated looking, dirty-looking, and lazy (Miles is NOT helping since he eats junk food all the time).
This exactly. She used to project so much positivity and confidence. I don't feel that anymore. She doesn't radiate any sort of energy anymore. What's sad is that I feel like little things, such as you know...wearing a normal gym outfit instead of a baggie hoodie and mismatched socks..could really help.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:45 pm

Wonder if the dislikes will stop her posting a review next week.

Also, considering Nikki took a two week break she's had as many videos out as Heidi in the last 3 weeks. Like wtf has Heidi been doing?!

Healthyish85
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Healthyish85 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:10 pm

Spid wrote:Wonder if the dislikes will stop her posting a review next week.

Also, considering Nikki took a two week break she's had as many videos out as Heidi in the last 3 weeks. Like wtf has Heidi been doing?!
Christian, it seems. What woman can resist a grown man who builds forts in her apartment while she's trying to clean things up to pack for a move? :roll:

sratsciencegirl
Informer
Informer

Post by sratsciencegirl » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:12 pm

I don't mean to WK but I have to give credit where it's due. while cleanses may be pretty controversial, we've been desperate for her to try something different and she finally did. and she seemed to like it okay, or at least like the results. if nothing else she had a fitness-related vlog, which is what everyone was wanting.

Spid
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Spid » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:17 pm

The editing was decent too. Bit of drone footage, workout listed and quickly to the point.

rogueness
Learner
Learner

Post by rogueness » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:27 pm

Regarding Acne-an esthetician once told me the reason for my breakouts around my chin/nose/mouth area was due to gluten. I never really took it seriously until I went on the keto diet months ago. Bam, my face cleared up. Ate grains and sugar again, bam zits pop back up. Keto again now and my skin looks radiant.

This is a good article on grains and acne http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... -acne.aspx

Anyway, this is for Nikki or anyone who has acne, and want to try something different. Ha, not only did it clear up my skin, but lost lots of weight as well. There's cutting advice for you too, Nikki! :tu:

lolwut
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lolwut » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:31 pm

Her latest vlog content is kinda boring, and she always just seems tired/down. I used to love watching her but she's lost something.

ilychee
Talker
Talker

Post by ilychee » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:34 pm

Zomgirl wrote:This exactly. She used to project so much positivity and confidence. I don't feel that anymore. She doesn't radiate any sort of energy anymore. What's sad is that I feel like little things, such as you know...wearing a normal gym outfit instead of a baggie hoodie and mismatched socks..could really help.
YES 100%. The weird thing is, she's supposedly HAPPY in a relationship with Miles, but it doesn't make her radiate any kind of positive, excited, blissful energy. She had more of a spark when she was dating CG who encouraged/pushed her to do more.

And yeah the little things like going to the gym in a nice outfit does help. She's self-conscious about the weight she put on, but she can still look put together instead of wearing grey/black and hoodies all the time.

Hate to say it but I like a lot of what Heidi wears to the gym.

rogueness
Learner
Learner

Post by rogueness » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:38 pm

lolwut wrote:Her latest vlog content is kinda boring, and she always just seems tired/down. I used to love watching her but she's lost something.
She's growing out of it. It's like Britney Spears like some people compare her to. Britney used to be a great dancer/entertainer, but lost her motivation and even her talent. She's just doing it because some people expect her to?

If I was Nikki, I'd be investing all that money she's making now into other business ventures or just invest it passively (like the stock market?) Does Nikki even invest her money?

It's hard to come up with YT content. She really should just stick to once a week YT videos and not 3x a week though. Quality over quantity. She should really take this cut seriously and be a motivation for those who also want to go on a cut. Heck, she can even put out a video now how hard this cut is going.

rogueness
Learner
Learner

Post by rogueness » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 pm

Also, I would rather have nicer facial features (like Nikki) than someone like Heidi who has nice skin, but overall face is not as attractive. Skin can be improved. All is not lost Nikki!

Return to “Nikki Blackketter - Archived Threads”