NikkiBlackketter

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NikkiBlackketter

Post by CourtneyShane » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Starting it here in case people want to trash, but in all honesty, I like her! :tu:

Does anyone know where her extensions are from?

I have only started watching her in the past month or so thanks to her SWF (single white female) MarissaLace. :D

Previously started in the wrong section due to too many tabs open. :P <3

AubreyGrace251
Talker
Talker

Re: NikkiBlackketter

Post by AubreyGrace251 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:09 pm

I've only watched her for the last month or so as well. Does anyone know how old she is? all I know is she lives in Texas.

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:31 pm

I believe she's 25.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:21 pm

LOVE Nikki! She seems like such a nice and genuine girl. She works hard for the body she has, and has inspired me to work hard as well.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:50 pm

i just watched one of her food vids and this girl doesn't eat healthy either...does she eat healthier than marissa? i suppose

Breakfast: Eggs, hashbrown (who knows if these potatoes were fried or not) with zucchini ketchup and siracha
Snacks: Quest bar, protein pudding/yogurt
Lunch: Bagel sandwich (bagel, packaged meat, most processed cheese, premade condiments)
Snack: Artic zone cereal (processed garbage) pb2 (more processed garbage) basically a bowl of processed sugary garbage

She ate practically nothing but processed garbage. The only veggies she eat was might a bites worth of zucchini and 1 spinach leaf, she ate ZERO fruits...her whole day was nothing but quest garbage and other store bought garbage...packed with tons of sugar, salt and preservatives...she ate ZERO whole grains and i wouldnt count that protein pudding as dairy either so she had ZERO dairy...

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:17 pm

I agree, her diet is garbage. The only reason she stays so lean is because it's so low cal. I don't understand why people on IIFYM have to use so many protein supplements. Protein is found in so many natural sources so why would you resort to eating protein bars and putting protein powder in everything? Also, since she's been on a mini cut she apparently dropped like 8 lbs in one day. Pretty sure that's not safe even if it was mostly water weight.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:27 pm

she like many others are prolly very vitamin/nutrient deficient...kayleigh (foreveryours) and her bf both have "appealing" bodies but they eat just like nikki marissa and dont actually eat anything healthy or anything balanced AT ALL! To me eating chicken rice and then tons of protein powders, bars, chips is NOT healthy...they are practically depriving their bodies and making them work harder to get the results that they want

bri+bou
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bri+bou » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:30 pm

obviously her diet works for her, she has an amazing body, a lot of energy and seems pretty happy for the most part! It's probably awkward for her to tell Marissa that her workouts and diet aren't working for her because Marissa is so obsessed with her lol

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:33 pm

Agreed. As much as her body inspires me, I just can't get on board with the IIFYM lifestyle because it seems to focus too much on the end result and not enough on the process to getting there. Plus the idea in general is just really stupid to me. You can fit most junk food into your macros. Does that mean it's good for you to eat? Absolutely not.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:57 pm

I don't know what you guys are talking about. She eats healthier than most people? You must have not seen all of her videos. She will usually make chicken and a vegetable or eggs with protein pancakes. You can almost say any food is bad for you if you think too hard about it. So what if she puts packaged sliced turkey on her sandwich? It is still not bad for you. Yes, it is processed, but what do you expect her to do? Go butcher her own turkey? It still has protein in it. It won't make much of a difference. So what if she makes hash browns? She has them in moderation, and potatoes still have nutrients in them. Yes, they are a starch, but everybody's body is different, so everybody's body processes food differently. That's why some people are diabetic and some aren't. We process sugar differently. Obviously, she doesn't have a problem with the way she eats. Thats why she looks the way she does. She doesn't look sickly strong, she looks HEALTHY. She probably even eats healthier than most of you posting on here. I eat healthy, but still think she eats a lot healthier.

Chloe_Bean
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by Chloe_Bean » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:10 pm

^ You know you can get carved turkey from the deli section that isn't processed right? And the whole "well so and so probably does it better than you" line is so tired and pointless, not to mention weirdly defensive. And most people eat like shit so her eating better than the average person is not very hard lol.

Bear10
Talker
Talker

Post by Bear10 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:33 pm

I just hate how she always sticks her butt out in each picture. Even though she pops it out, it's still a pancake ass.

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:12 am

Wow :( Nikki has probably one of the nicest bodies I have ever seen, and people are criticizing her saying she has a "pancake ass" and that she just sticks it out in pictures… Have you not seen what it looks like in videos? She seems like SUCH a nice and GENUINE girl, that is helping promote health and fitness to better others lives, and I am only reading criticisms because she has "processed turkey" instead of cutting board turkey, even though there isn't much of a difference in the health benefits between the two. I would also know as a nutrition major at my university.

So sad that people can be so nasty over the internet…

cupcakecutie3
Learner
Learner

Post by cupcakecutie3 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:18 am

Chloe_Bean wrote:^ You know you can get carved turkey from the deli section that isn't processed right? And the whole "well so and so probably does it better than you" line is so tired and pointless, not to mention weirdly defensive. And most people eat like shit so her eating better than the average person is not very hard lol.
I am not seeing where anyone has posted that quote.

Honest question, what do you think processed turkey is? Is it turkey that is artificial? What do you think the carving board turkey is? It is turkey that is cooked with preservatives such as sodium, then cut up, packaged and shipped off. Lunch meat style turkey is turkey that is cooked and sliced, added with preservatives such as sodium as well. Not one is better than the other. Just a different style of eating turkey. With a little research, it is amazing how much you can learn from credible sources versus non-credible sources. As a student attending a university in the process of receiving my masters in nutrition, you must know what is a credible source and what isn't.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:13 am

cupcakecutie3 wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about. She eats healthier than most people? You must have not seen all of her videos. She will usually make chicken and a vegetable or eggs with protein pancakes. You can almost say any food is bad for you if you think too hard about it. So what if she puts packaged sliced turkey on her sandwich? It is still not bad for you. Yes, it is processed, but what do you expect her to do? Go butcher her own turkey? It still has protein in it. It won't make much of a difference. So what if she makes hash browns? She has them in moderation, and potatoes still have nutrients in them. Yes, they are a starch, but everybody's body is different, so everybody's body processes food differently. That's why some people are diabetic and some aren't. We process sugar differently. Obviously, she doesn't have a problem with the way she eats. Thats why she looks the way she does. She doesn't look sickly strong, she looks HEALTHY. She probably even eats healthier than most of you posting on here. I eat healthy, but still think she eats a lot healthier.
nikki doesn't eat healthy...just bc she has toned and defined muscles does not make her healthy...the way your body "looks" doesnt mean you are healthy. (thats also why its a misconceived notion that really thin ppl are automatically healthy) Nikki doesnt eat hardly anything she is supposed to be eating...anyone can go work out and build muscle...that doesnt equate being healthy. The muscles she's building does nothing for the state of her organs/skin/blood etc including her heart...which meat in the little packaging as what nikki eats is as unhealthy as the little frozen chicken nuggets and shit..they are packed with tons of salt and tons of chemicals...salt is a known contributor to high blood pressure...which then in turn can and usually does cause heart disease with then you will have heart attacks/strokes. Yes, everyone processes sugar differently but blood sugar spikes for one is not good and does damage to multiple organs in your body, sugar leads to being overweigtht, and a ton of other shit no matter who you are...ppl that are diabetic have to be careful what they eat bc their bodies don't process sugar generally as well so that means their blood sugar levels will spike a lot easier/quicker than others.. (however consuming large amounts of sugar or table sugar causes blood sugar spikes in everyone that is why you are supposed to be eating whole foods bc the sugars in natural foods break down slowly and do not cause spikes like that)

idk why you think nikki can just eat whatever she wants and it wont affect her bc she bulks..thats naive!

i'll go back and scour some of her other food vids in case i missed her eating healthy somewhere...inevitably ppl can eat what they want...but we have nikki here eating like garbage..not healthy..without any degrees or background in nutrition...promoting and charging ppl to live an unhealthy lifestyle...as far as their bodies are concerned anyway..so yes ppl are going to point out how its a shame so many ppl are trying to eat like her bc it is not healthy...

I commend anyone who is trying or wanting to be healthy but you should do it in an actual healthy manner...not whichever way will get you there the quickest.
I eat a healthy blanced "clean" diet and get 150-180 mins of exercise a week. So i eat 6 oz of protein a day some from meat and some from beans, nuts, seeds, 3-5 SERVINGS of veggies (so roughly 2-3 cups depending on what im eating), 2-3 SERVINGS of fruit, 4-6 oz WHOLE grains (quinoa, oatmeal, barley, etc) no breads, pastas or anything packaged..the only places you will inevitably have to purchase "processed/packaged foods" to get what your body needs for the day is dairy and meat (bc im sure not everyone has a local butcher or partakes in hunting...but there are healthier options at the store than what nikki/marissa are eating)

choosemyplate.gov is a good resource for eating a healthy balanced diet and makes it easier to choose a variety of whole foods to include day to day

Chloe_Bean
Support Moddie
Support Moddie

Post by Chloe_Bean » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:40 am

cupcakecutie3 wrote:
Chloe_Bean wrote:^ You know you can get carved turkey from the deli section that isn't processed right? And the whole "well so and so probably does it better than you" line is so tired and pointless, not to mention weirdly defensive. And most people eat like shit so her eating better than the average person is not very hard lol.
I am not seeing where anyone has posted that quote.
Sweetie it's the last sentence of the post I quoted and you said it on Marissa's board as well. Why is it so hard to believe people could eat healthier than her? Half of your comments in this community are praising Nikki, so why don't you make a rave thread about her? Jesus, I don't even dislike her, I just don't think she's eats as healthy as people here are claiming. You have no problem talking shit about Marissa, but when people start criticizing someone you like, then it's a problem? Nikki herself has said she doesn't eat the best lol.

And I wasn't talking about deli loaf, I'm talking about turkey breast that they will slice for you, it looks like what you have on thanksgiving, it's from a whole turkey. The deli loafs are gross too. And I'm not talking about a deli loaf lol, I'm talking about You're a nutrition major and you think things that claim to be low carb and sugar free on the package are good for you? How do companies make something sugar free? Oh right, they add chemical sweeteners to it. I watch a couple of people who track their macros and I don't see many of them eating whole foods, sorry. Carbs for every meal with little to no produce and protein that is coming from fake sources.

xyz
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by xyz » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:00 am

Also i want to point out the "bros" over at that body building forum themselves admit they are doing IIFYM for "their looks" and if they gave a shit about their actual health and not just what they look like...they'd eat clean....nikki should also be marketing what she does as that and REMIND ppl that what she is doing and what she will be advising ppl to do is NOT healthy for their body and if they are concerned with avoiding, trying to prevent health issues, or try to maintain current health issues to consult with a medical professional (who will then in turn basically tell you to eat clean and get at least moderate regular exercise in). Not many ppl care about "what they look like" when they are laying in bed with failing kidneys or just miraculously came out of a heart attack with big ass scars going down their chests.. (and no its not just the "old, ugly, fat ppl" that need to worry about the state of their health through their lifetime)

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:16 am

cupcakecutie3 wrote:Wow :( Nikki has probably one of the nicest bodies I have ever seen, and people are criticizing her saying she has a "pancake ass" and that she just sticks it out in pictures… Have you not seen what it looks like in videos? She seems like SUCH a nice and GENUINE girl, that is helping promote health and fitness to better others lives, and I am only reading criticisms because she has "processed turkey" instead of cutting board turkey, even though there isn't much of a difference in the health benefits between the two. I would also know as a nutrition major at my university.

Oh get off your high horse. This is a gossip forum that you post on as well, so you can drop the holier than thou attitude. I have no doubt she's a genuine person and yeah she's healthier than the average Joe. I was definitely too quick to say her diet is total garbage, because it isn't really that bad. However, for a fitness connoisseur I would expect more whole foods and fewer protein powders and bars and whatnot. I just don't agree with all the artificial protein supplements and the iifym diet in general.

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:46 am

smorespup wrote:
cupcakecutie3 wrote:Wow :( Nikki has probably one of the nicest bodies I have ever seen, and people are criticizing her saying she has a "pancake ass" and that she just sticks it out in pictures… Have you not seen what it looks like in videos? She seems like SUCH a nice and GENUINE girl, that is helping promote health and fitness to better others lives, and I am only reading criticisms because she has "processed turkey" instead of cutting board turkey, even though there isn't much of a difference in the health benefits between the two. I would also know as a nutrition major at my university.

Oh get off your high horse. This is a gossip forum that you post on as well, so you can drop the holier than thou attitude. I have no doubt she's a genuine person and yeah she's healthier than the average Joe. I was definitely too quick to say her diet is total garbage, because it isn't really that bad. However, for a fitness connoisseur I would expect more whole foods and fewer protein powders/bars and processed foods. I will agree that when she commits to eating clean, her diet is incredibly healthy. Unfortunately it doesn't look like that's a daily thing.

Mar2013
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Mar2013 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:20 am

I actually really like Nikki, her instagram pictures inspired me to get my but into gear and work out harder, and start lifting not like super heavy but enough to tone down and work out harder, if the ITFYM works for her thats great, I just dont think it would work for me. I'm not really into the dieting thing, I have just cut out junk food and soda.

CourtneyShane
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by CourtneyShane » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Can someone tell me what IIFYM stands for?

I also think she eats a lot of empty stuff, but I guess at her age with her workout level, she can? One thing I like is that, in vlogs at least (not even sure if she has another/main channel), she does not push her services/affiliates, etc. That is refreshing.

I like her personality and find her easy going and low key.

heeather
Lurker
Lurker

Post by heeather » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:32 pm

CourtneyShane wrote:Can someone tell me what IIFYM stands for?

I also think she eats a lot of empty stuff, but I guess at her age with her workout level, she can? One thing I like is that, in vlogs at least (not even sure if she has another/main channel), she does not push her services/affiliates, etc. That is refreshing.

I like her personality and find her easy going and low key.
IIFYM- If it fits your macros

Macros = fat carbs and protein (sometimes fibre)

boom1059
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by boom1059 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Just wanted to post this for a little information from a someone with a PhD in Nutrition on the differences between eating 'clean/healthy/etc' and IIFYM. I don't like that IIFYM gets such a bad name, people seem to use it as an excuse to eat crap all day long. Of course we should all eat healthy and focus on getting our micro-nutrients as well. IIFYM is great because it is sustainable, but you can still aim to eat a predetermined amount fat, protein and carbohydrates by eating 'healthy' food. Everyone's macros are very specific for their body and should be tweaked regularly based on progress or lack there of - IIFYM is great for those who are serious about body building and building mass (Not that it is the only way to get desired results!) There is no one size fits all when it comes to getting healthy/fit.shredded/whatever your goals may be, everyone should do their own research and embrace what works for them :)

Not preaching - just wanted to put some information out there. Happy lifting everyone!

boom1059
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by boom1059 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:46 pm

Just wanted to post this for a little information from a someone with a PhD in Nutrition on the differences between eating 'clean/healthy/etc' and IIFYM. I don't like that IIFYM gets such a bad name, people seem to use it as an excuse to eat crap all day long. Of course we should all eat healthy and focus on getting our micro-nutrients as well. IIFYM is great because it is sustainable, but you can still aim to eat a predetermined amount fat, protein and carbohydrates by eating 'healthy' food. Everyone's macros are very specific for their body and should be tweaked regularly based on progress or lack there of - IIFYM is great for those who are serious about body building and building mass (Not that it is the only way to get desired results!) There is no one size fits all when it comes to getting healthy/fit.shredded/whatever your goals may be, everyone should do their own research and embrace what works for them :)

Not preaching - just wanted to put some information out there. Happy lifting everyone! :tu:

boom1059
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by boom1059 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Opps! - Sorry for posting twice (Newbie over here clearly)

Return to “Nikki Blackketter - Archived Threads”