Neigh-ann and Grant: Horsin' around (Leighannsays Part 9)

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Neigh-ann and Grant: Horsin' around (Leighannsays Part 9)

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Continue here!

Thank you fauxfox and cheesecake134 for the name suggestion :love2:
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Neigh-ann and Grant: Horsin' around (Leighannsays Part 9)

Post by milanese15 »

Yeah, I don’t see her up to the task of helping out. Part of the deal in her mind is being the one who’s taken care of. I can’t imagine her handling this role reversal well. Of course, he wasn’t the greatest when she dealt with her fall...

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

milanese15 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:54 pm
Yeah, I don’t see her up to the task of helping out. Part of the deal in her mind is being the one who’s taken care of. I can’t imagine her handling this role reversal well. Of course, he wasn’t the greatest when she dealt with her fall...
TBH you are right. He was not at all comforting or nurturing when that happened to her, and I think he got a pass because many doctors can be seen as more "cut and dried" in their approach to a family member's illness or injury. And let's be honest, most men are given a pass on that role. I could have been bleeding out on the floor and my ex would step over me on his way to the kitchen, and it wasn't because he didn't "love" me, that just wasn't in his DNA (but was one of the reasons he is my ex). So yes, given their Daddy/Little Girl dynamic, I don't see this going well.

LK81
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0

Post by LK81 »

milanese15 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:54 pm
I never understood his reactions to her fall/heart problems/passing out. Or the time she was basically bleeding like a stuck pig at that music festival. You’re a DOCTOR, dude. Why aren’t these symptoms throwing up a red flag??? Then his own “yellow eyes”. Why do you need her to give you a second opinion? Get to the ER!

MaddieLena
Informer
Informer

Post by MaddieLena »

This thread title made me cackle, I love it hahah

silentlyscreaming
Debater
Debater

Post by silentlyscreaming »

I had mono in college and it was the. worst. Like many others wrote, I have never been sicker than when I had mono. Not to mention, mono usually brings other fun things with it, like strep or severe tonsillitis. I got the latter and my tonsils were so swollen that they were touching each other and it was hard to breathe.

I will say in, perhaps, a defense of Grant—if I were married to Leighann, I might not take everything that she says in a medical capacity as fact. Meaning, she seems to be the type of person who wildly exaggerates things and speaks in a lot of hyperbole, so Grant might not take her illnesses and maladies as seriously. We also know that she looooves to throw Grant under the bus in the most passive aggressive ways possible, so we probably aren't getting the whole story regarding her past medical situations when he's been involved.

But you guys... if Grant was in the hospital all this time, that means that Leighann had to drive herself! Baby steps?

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

LK81 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:11 pm
I never understood his reactions to her fall/heart problems/passing out. Or the time she was basically bleeding like a stuck pig at that music festival. You’re a DOCTOR, dude. Why aren’t these symptoms throwing up a red flag??? Then his own “yellow eyes”. Why do you need her to give you a second opinion? Get to the ER!
omg, imagine relying on Leighann to notice anything about someone who isn't herself? Might as well ask a 5-year-old to be your nurse, she's pathetically useless in all aspects of life.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Mono? At his age? Isn't that more of a kid thing? My 20 year old daughter had strep, then pneumonia followed by pleurisy this summer. She works as a face painter at the zoo, so she's handling germy little kids all day. Wonder where he picked that up on the urology circuit?
That Girl!

pumpkin-pastry
Talker
Talker

Post by pumpkin-pastry »

'I've been at the hospital since the time I woke up until I went to sleep'
Except I'm sure she definitely made time to do a full face and hair every day too.

I hated soo much how at the end she was all 'I'm beating myself up about not having a video to put out' and just BEGGING for us to be like omg no you poor baby its okay! Which it is I mean you're allowed to skip a week, we get it/ no one cares.

I am constantly amazed by how she manages to make everything about her. Like 'omg you guys. I didnt vlog this and use it as click bait like "most other youtubers" would so please give me a gold star because I reacted to a scary situation in a way that was in ONE way like an adult.

I am just so sick of all of her bullshit. I feel so bad for Grant

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

rose1
Debater
Debater

Post by rose1 »

pumpkin-pastry wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:47 am
I am constantly amazed by how she manages to make everything about her. Like 'omg you guys. I didnt vlog this and use it as click bait like "most other youtubers" would so please give me a gold star because I reacted to a scary situation in a way that was in ONE way like an adult.

The way she went on about that was so gross.

JamHands9
Informer
Informer

Post by JamHands9 »

pumpkin-pastry wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:47 am
'I've been at the hospital since the time I woke up until I went to sleep'
Except I'm sure she definitely made time to do a full face and hair every day too.

I hated soo much how at the end she was all 'I'm beating myself up about not having a video to put out' and just BEGGING for us to be like omg no you poor baby its okay! Which it is I mean you're allowed to skip a week, we get it/ no one cares.

I thought the exact same time. I’m sure she was showering and primping everyday like she usually does.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

I'm very surprised that it took them such a long time to diagnose mono - I thought that could be accomplished through bloodwork alone. A liver biopsy? Jeez. Also, he was walking around with pneumonia?

And yeah, the story about her looking at his yellow eyes and jaundiced face...like, dude, he's a DOCTOR. Isn't he literally trained to know when something is wrong with the human body? I'm sorry that he has to deal with this, but her story made them sound like two scared ordinary folks instead of one who is a medical professional.

Maybe he shouldn't lounge around the house in his scrubs so much. And if I were her, I'd be VERY concerned that I'd have it next; seems like there's a high likelihood.

MaddieLena
Informer
Informer

Post by MaddieLena »

fauxfox wrote:I'm very surprised that it took them such a long time to diagnose mono - I thought that could be accomplished through bloodwork alone. A liver biopsy? Jeez. Also, he was walking around with pneumonia?

And yeah, the story about her looking at his yellow eyes and jaundiced face...like, dude, he's a DOCTOR. Isn't he literally trained to know when something is wrong with the human body? I'm sorry that he has to deal with this, but her story made them sound like two scared ordinary folks instead of one who is a medical professional.

Maybe he shouldn't lounge around the house in his scrubs so much. And if I were her, I'd be VERY concerned that I'd have it next; seems like there's a high likelihood.

Yeah it’s pretty easy to catch, you can get it by kissing too! Hopefully they never kiss and Neighann is fine ImageThat’s how I got it from a lame boyfriend I had when I was 17 lmao. My lymph nodes around my neck got super swollen one day, called my GP and he looked at me and said “yup it’s mono”, then I got a bloodtest and in one day I had my diagnosis. It’s just weird that they hadn’t tested him for that before doing him a liver biopsy, which is a bit extreme.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

I'm wondering if he wasn't exhibiting normal signs of mono or maybe just the fact that he was jaundiced made them do the liver function tests, if those are high they sometimes do liver biopsy (like smarlo said they suck, they usually do them while you are awake). I feel like his LFTs must have been really really high if they did a biopsy, also to rule out cirrhosis and stuff. I think they were probably more concerned about risk of liver failure than his sore throat which is probably why it took so long to figure out. One of our family friends was in the hospital the other week for a while bc she was having liver issues, just takes a while to sort out I think.

wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

smarlo wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:44 am
Mono? At his age? Isn't that more of a kid thing? My 20 year old daughter had strep, then pneumonia followed by pleurisy this summer. She works as a face painter at the zoo, so she's handling germy little kids all day. Wonder where he picked that up on the urology circuit?
You can get mono at any age. Some people carry the virus but it’s dormant so it doesn’t affect them, but they can pass it off to someone who doesn’t have it and they can get very sick. You can get it from sharing a drink, a kitchen utensil, lip balm. It’s surprising how easy it can be to catch it!

Also to everyone saying mono is easy to diagnose - it isn’t always. My doctor said that there’s a percentage (I think he said 20% of all cases) that do not show up on bloodwork. Sometimes they just rule out other things and assume it’s mono. I think because he was jaundiced, they checked his liver ASAP. It’s a smart thing to do.

Just because he’s a doctor, doesn’t mean he knows everything about the human body. He might have thought he had the flu or a bad cold like LA had recently. By the way she made it sound, he asked her “am I crazy or are my eyes yellow?” Like maybe he couldn’t really tell because he was so sick, not because he doesn’t know and needs her medical opinion lol. Idk I wouldn’t be so quick to shoot him down for this. I think doctors will downplay their own illnesses quite a bit. A lot of that has to do with so many sicknesses having very similar symptoms.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

drasticactions wrote:
Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:29 pm
I'm wondering if he wasn't exhibiting normal signs of mono or maybe just the fact that he was jaundiced made them do the liver function tests, if those are high they sometimes do liver biopsy (like smarlo said they suck, they usually do them while you are awake). I feel like his LFTs must have been really really high if they did a biopsy, also to rule out cirrhosis and stuff. I think they were probably more concerned about risk of liver failure than his sore throat which is probably why it took so long to figure out. One of our family friends was in the hospital the other week for a while bc she was having liver issues, just takes a while to sort out I think.

I bet they were worried they'd have to quit drinking!
That Girl!

TheButler
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheButler »

If there's any other confused brits here (like me) mono = glandular fever

superhighlyrequested
Informer
Informer

Post by superhighlyrequested »

for a youtuber who uses click bait, leigh ann sure has a lot of disdain for youtubers who use click bait - lol. all you have to do is scroll through her channel(s) to see an abundance of annoying, clickbaity ALL CAPS titles, but I guess she sees it differently. once again, she blatantly denigrates and sees herself as exceptional from a group to which she clearly belongs. what a lack of self-awareness.

I also found her discussion of grants illness pretty self centred. she focused on how hard it was for her, how it impacted her upload schedule, how bad she feels about that, and how she hopes SHE doesn’t get sick.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

I see she still has time to shill for Home Chef

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eily_burner
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by eily_burner »

My sister had mono when she was in high school, and the physicians thought that she had leukemia because her white blood cell count was astronomical and she had to be hospitalized. The mono tests kept coming back negative, but one finally came back positive.

Also Leigh Ann weirdly deleted her IG story about Grant being sick. I wonder if she was getting backlash for being self centered and mainly talking about her struggles with Grant being sick. I just thought it was kinda odd because she ranted for sooo long and took all that trouble to post it and then abruptly deleted it.

Return to “leighannsays”