Neigh-ann and Grant: Horsin' around (Leighannsays Part 9)

fauxfox
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Neigh-ann and Grant: Horsin' around (Leighannsays Part 9)

Post by fauxfox »

I know that we only see a portion of her life and we don't really know her and all of that, but based on what she HAS shared with us over the years, if I were her friend, I would suggest that they pump the brakes on the pregnancy thing for a bit. She's clearly very determined to move forward with what she feels that she has some control over (the IUIs), but actually getting pregnant will bring with it a HUGE heap of issues for her and that's too much to go through while a close family member is also dealing with a serious illness. Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend that they put their life on hold because it can make the coping process even harder, but I think (like most of us here) that she doesn't really want a baby right now in the first place. I wish she had a different outlet for feeling useful and productive other than getting pregnant.

But who knows, maybe we're all wrong and all she's ever wanted in life is to be a mom and she's going to chase down that dream with everything she's got. If so, more power to her and I wish her all the success. It's just that she's never really given off that vibe before.

rosiepink
Learner
Learner

Post by rosiepink »

She might be like Julia styles character in mona lisa smile

badsunday
Stalker
Stalker

Post by badsunday »

i've been watching leighann for actual YEARS, i'm talking pre princess bun years. she's always been an easy watch for me because i did feel she was different than other guru's since i wasn't watching the same content that was trending with the others. but as the years progressed, i've found that she's just pumping out the same content. the vlogs were refreshing, and i get that she's not obligated to share any part of her life with us, so i was never frustrated on that front.

but since she's been talking about trying to get pregnant, it's made me almost...uncomfortable?? ever since she met grant it's suddenly become obvious that she is doing things in the way she thinks she is 'supposed to'. there are some VERY OBVIOUS old southern traditions and values here as far as a woman's role in the home, which is almost upsetting to see since i always felt leighann was so independent (at one point), and could really think for herself. i don't fault her for the 'change' she's shown after getting married, since a relationship is work and the things she's suddenly gaining interest in aren't harmful in anyway. but all this pregnant talk is just... i don't even know how to explain it.

there's so much commotion around 'getting pregnant' and i've heard ZERO talk about actually having/living with baby. am i the only one who notices this? i don't think i've ever actually heard her say she's excited to have a baby, be a mother, raise a child. and a part of me really, really hopes that this was what she actually wanted for her future BEFORE meeting grant, and not something she was like 'well i have to compromise and have a baby in order for him to think im wife material'.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Damn, I know we all like to snark on Leighann, but I hope she's alright. Fertility struggles are hard enough but now she has a sick family member to worry about on top of that. It broke my heart when she said she was hoping for a positive pregnancy test because she wanted to bring some good news with her to a Houston.

I will say it was nice to see a "normal" weekday from her. She cooked, cleaned, worked out, and made a video. Hell, she didn't even go shopping! (..or did I just miss it? lol)
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

Apollo2016
Learner
Learner

Post by Apollo2016 »

I hope LA and her family are ok. It must be hard to go from spending so much time with them to living away and then be dealing with all this.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I really don't get why she feels this strong pressure to share things about her life, so much so that she's always overexplaining or apologizing when she does decide to open up about things. I've read her comments, and she's never gotten very much criticism at all. Most people are quite understanding. Idk. Like I never shared even with people I knew, let alone strangers on the internet, about my dad being sick until it was clear that there wasn't much time left, and I've had several friends who did the same. So I obviously don't think she should be expected to even disclose that information, let alone share the details. I just don't get why she always has these long dialogues about how she sees vlogging or deciding what is content worth sharing, etc. I do feel bad for her, as someone who is also super family oriented and has lost a lot of family members. But I find the whole thing so tedious. Just share whatever you're comfortable with and move on?

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

fauxfox wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:32 pm
I know that we only see a portion of her life and we don't really know her and all of that, but based on what she HAS shared with us over the years, if I were her friend, I would suggest that they pump the brakes on the pregnancy thing for a bit. She's clearly very determined to move forward with what she feels that she has some control over (the IUIs), but actually getting pregnant will bring with it a HUGE heap of issues for her and that's too much to go through while a close family member is also dealing with a serious illness. Ordinarily I wouldn't recommend that they put their life on hold because it can make the coping process even harder, but I think (like most of us here) that she doesn't really want a baby right now in the first place. I wish she had a different outlet for feeling useful and productive other than getting pregnant.

But who knows, maybe we're all wrong and all she's ever wanted in life is to be a mom and she's going to chase down that dream with everything she's got. If so, more power to her and I wish her all the success. It's just that she's never really given off that vibe before.
This.
It feels like they were already going warp speed into baby production. While she should spend time with a family member who is sick, if it's as bad as she is acting, she needs to take the time to enjoy that person for as long as possible. Not move into defcon 5 of procreation.
Sadly, if it's one of her parents that's ill, I'm thinking the baby thing is going to be harder for her as she may be desperate to pump out a grandchild for them.

u_want_a_pizza_this
Talker
Talker

Post by u_want_a_pizza_this »

Roxyblonde451 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:57 am
fauxfox wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:32 pm

This.
It feels like they were already going warp speed into baby production. While she should spend time with a family member who is sick, if it's as bad as she is acting, she needs to take the time to enjoy that person for as long as possible. Not move into defcon 5 of procreation.
Sadly, if it's one of her parents that's ill, I'm thinking the baby thing is going to be harder for her as she may be desperate to pump out a grandchild for them.
Honestly I totally disagree. You can't put your life on hold because of somebody else, even if it is sad that they're sick. While I still don't know if having a baby is right for her right now in general, you don't stop what you're doing just to wallow in someone's medical issue/illness, unless you're like physically taking care of them?

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

^No the point is that people dealing with the illness of a loved one and/or grief are in a very delicate emotional state, and taking care of yourself is the most important thing, especially when it comes to pregnancy and taking care of a baby. I don't think Leighann has a ton of experience with death and illness. It completely alters your family dynamic and has lasting repercussions, whether you believe you're coping well or not. Everything we've seen from Leighann does not suggest someone who would be able to grieve or handle the pain of watching someone who's seriously ill without it majorly affecting her health and wellness.

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

I just think with her being pregnant and trying to go back and forth, the stress of a loved family members illness would be torment on her already scary frame. If she winds up having a high risk pregnancy, her travel would be EXTREMELY limited.

sweetkron
Talker
Talker

Post by sweetkron »

I really felt for her, but "it would've been nice to have the positive pregnancy test, to have some good news to share" seems like another sign that she's not approaching motherhood in a totally mature and thought out way. Like, "having a baby will make everything better" is just not a healthy outlook to have. Maybe it was just an offhand comment, she seems to be going through a lot, but it stuck out to me.

u_want_a_pizza_this
Talker
Talker

Post by u_want_a_pizza_this »

sweetkron wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 am
I really felt for her, but "it would've been nice to have the positive pregnancy test, to have some good news to share" seems like another sign that she's not approaching motherhood in a totally mature and thought out way. Like, "having a baby will make everything better" is just not a healthy outlook to have. Maybe it was just an offhand comment, she seems to be going through a lot, but it stuck out to me.
I feel like the devil's advocate today but it seemed to me more like, while the whole family has experienced a wave of bad news apparently, she was just hoping to be able to bring everyone a sliver of good news. It's one of those stupid, desparate thoughts you get when shit sucks.

I'm still surprised that they're doing all of this IUI (?) stuff to get pregnant, but I still wonder if eating more/gaining a little more weight would help. Like, they're putting a bunch of money into conceiving stuff, but why not also try a dietician and ensuring that you're eating enough? Have none of the doctors brought this up as a point of concern?

I hope her parents are okay. Idk if I got the vibe that the sick family member was one of them, but that would be so sad. Her mom is such a pure little cream puff.

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

u_want_a_pizza_this wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:23 am
sweetkron wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 am
I feel like the devil's advocate today but it seemed to me more like, while the whole family has experienced a wave of bad news apparently, she was just hoping to be able to bring everyone a sliver of good news. It's one of those stupid, desparate thoughts you get when shit sucks.

I'm still surprised that they're doing all of this IUI (?) stuff to get pregnant, but I still wonder if eating more/gaining a little more weight would help. Like, they're putting a bunch of money into conceiving stuff, but why not also try a dietician and ensuring that you're eating enough? Have none of the doctors brought this up as a point of concern?

I hope her parents are okay. Idk if I got the vibe that the sick family member was one of them, but that would be so sad. Her mom is such a pure little cream puff.
Her mom is deep fried down home goodness, and I do hope she is ok. I love Southern Fried Momma on the vlogs when she does go to Houston.

I agree with you on that, I can't fathom they haven't told her to put on some healthy weight. She should go back to her peanut butter and jelly waffles, and less workouts.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Yeah, like in her latest vlog where she complains that she’s been doing OrangeTheory for more than a year and it hasn’t gotten any easier...that seemed like evidence that she definitely doesn’t eat enough. If she were eating enough, I imagine she would’ve seen lots of progress by now.

LK81
Debater
Debater

Post by LK81 »

badsunday wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:03 pm
i've been watching leighann for actual YEARS, i'm talking pre princess bun years. she's always been an easy watch for me because i did feel she was different than other guru's since i wasn't watching the same content that was trending with the others. but as the years progressed, i've found that she's just pumping out the same content. the vlogs were refreshing, and i get that she's not obligated to share any part of her life with us, so i was never frustrated on that front.

but since she's been talking about trying to get pregnant, it's made me almost...uncomfortable?? ever since she met grant it's suddenly become obvious that she is doing things in the way she thinks she is 'supposed to'. there are some VERY OBVIOUS old southern traditions and values here as far as a woman's role in the home, which is almost upsetting to see since i always felt leighann was so independent (at one point), and could really think for herself. i don't fault her for the 'change' she's shown after getting married, since a relationship is work and the things she's suddenly gaining interest in aren't harmful in anyway. but all this pregnant talk is just... i don't even know how to explain it.

there's so much commotion around 'getting pregnant' and i've heard ZERO talk about actually having/living with baby. am i the only one who notices this? i don't think i've ever actually heard her say she's excited to have a baby, be a mother, raise a child. and a part of me really, really hopes that this was what she actually wanted for her future BEFORE meeting grant, and not something she was like 'well i have to compromise and have a baby in order for him to think im wife material'.
You’re not the only one. I think I posted forever ago how she’s so fixated on being pregnant but they never talk about being parents or having a child.

LK81
Debater
Debater

Post by LK81 »

I have a feeling the sick family member is her mom. I seem to remember a year or so ago (maybe 2) her mom was in the hospital and having a hard time. Ive wondered if she has seizures or had a stroke. I notice her speech seemed to slur a little more afterwards. Not diagnosing her, not a doctor. I hope I’m wrong. She seems like a sweetheart.

I also think you can’t put your life on hold when you have a sick family member. Especially when you’re living hours away. My father in law just had both legs amputated and he lives 6 hours away. My husband is upset and visited him but it’s not going to stop us from buying a home or traveling this year. We aren’t the ones caring for him (thank god for my sister in law) and what can we do besides be sad?

wind84
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by wind84 »

Didn't her mom have some sort of heart attack or heart thing a few years ago?

It was nice to see her be a normal human for once.

cheesecake134
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by cheesecake134 »

LK81 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:37 pm
badsunday wrote:
Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:03 pm

You’re not the only one. I think I posted forever ago how she’s so fixated on being pregnant but they never talk about being parents or having a child.
I've noticed for a while that she never gets all moony over having a child in the way basically every other woman desperate to get pregnant does. Not even a simple "I can't wait to be a mom!". She is definitely just doing what she's "supposed to do" as a wife. She's really lost any semblance of backbone or personality.

treetown_squirrel
Debater
Debater

Post by treetown_squirrel »

milanese15 wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:36 am
I really don't get why she feels this strong pressure to share things about her life, so much so that she's always overexplaining or apologizing when she does decide to open up about things. I've read her comments, and she's never gotten very much criticism at all. Most people are quite understanding. Idk. Like I never shared even with people I knew, let alone strangers on the internet, about my dad being sick until it was clear that there wasn't much time left, and I've had several friends who did the same. So I obviously don't think she should be expected to even disclose that information, let alone share the details. I just don't get why she always has these long dialogues about how she sees vlogging or deciding what is content worth sharing, etc. I do feel bad for her, as someone who is also super family oriented and has lost a lot of family members. But I find the whole thing so tedious. Just share whatever you're comfortable with and move on?
It's fascinating the ways that therapy pervade every aspect of your life once you really start engaging with it lol but here I go: as someone that is currently talking a lot with my therapist about vulnerability and, separately, boundaries... yeah, I see LA struggling with both. Actually, in a sense she's killing it on the vulnerability front because it's easy to see how difficult that was for her to put herself out there for that video. But then there's boundaries, and that's where I'm like you and am always wondering why she's pushing herself so hard specifically in front of the camera.

Like, yay! It takes tremendous courage to be vulnerable, good for you (and I really don't mean that sarcastically at all), but like, are we the right people to share that with? And that can mean a number of things, her pregnancy journey, the sick family member, whatever. It's my honest to god hope for her that she's really considered how comfortable she actually is with sharing these kinds of things because boundaries are really important and healthy. Particularly with people who you really don't know at all. I think, if anything, people respond really strongly to poorly enforced boundaries on YouTube-- like, as best I can tell half the criticism she gets here is for that kind of thing which is valid if she's letting her boundaries be dictated by anyone other than her.

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

She always makes it feel so voyeuristic and icky with the way she goes on and on about her discomfort. I hate it.

Return to “leighannsays”