Baby Leighann Does Dallas with Daddy Grant - part 6

Elleayezee
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Baby Leighann Does Dallas with Daddy Grant - part 6

Post by Elleayezee »

jellyfish89 wrote:at the end of her latest vlog where she's cycling through vacation pics, there was a pic of leighann/grant with another couple, is that G's brother and fiance? If so, G's brother is kind of cute.

The men in Grant’s fam def have a type.

Res Judicata
Informer
Informer

Post by Res Judicata »

I think if Grant got a makeover, he wouldn't be a bad looking guy. I don't think that beard or his style of glasses do him any favors.

If the other girl's boob job was any bigger, she'd just fall right over, wouldn't she? Those boobs look doubly ridiculous on a short person with a slim frame.

audrey95
Lurker
Lurker

Post by audrey95 »

I just watched Leigh Ann’s vlog of their vacation in Cancun.
Oh my God I can’t stand Grant. I just think he is a jerk. I was thinking he isn’t as big of a jerk as Alan is but I’m starting to think he’s just as bad.
Can’t believe he had the nerve to zoom in on Leigh Ann’s butt and boobs when he knew thousands of people would see the video. That’s so freaking disrespectful. “Make it sexy or we don’t eat.” Yes, it’s a joke, but I still hate him.

audrey95
Lurker
Lurker

Post by audrey95 »

whodoievencarebutido wrote:I get a controlling vibe from Grant as well. He totally reminds me of an ex I have & it's SO weird when I see him. LeighAnn not having a sense of self is going to shape her into whatever he wants her to be. That is sort of abusive in my eyes. It's so weird to me that she's so lost on who she is. I started following her because I loved how "weird" she was. She had so many interesting things about her. So, I subscribed. I just don't know anymore. It's becoming tough to relate to her. I loved when she first started dating Grant & when they would go on adventures. I loved when she cut her bangs & looked kinda edgy. Now, she's just a rich/bored housewife who is a lot less independent than I once thought she was. I get that when we get into a relationship we can kinda "lose ourselves" just a little, but eventually it comes back once the honeymoon phase wears off. I don't feel that'll happen with her. I think she's going to morph into whatever it is he's looking for. Such a bummer.

Also, isn't it so cringey to think that they read this & see all of what we say in black & white? You know they totally do. :rofl:
I feel the exact same way. I also have an ex who Grant reminds me of.
It was over two years ago, but I remember how my ex would make “jokes” similar to Grant’s, and then he would act like I’m overreacting because I’d get upset at him for saying them. He got worse to the point of emotional abuse and I dumped him asap.
I also don’t like how Grant treats Leigh Ann like she’s a sexual object right on camera where the public can see it (referring to the Cancun vlog). To me, it seems like “Look, this is my toy and I can do *whatever* I want to her.”

Again, I could be paranoid but he seriously gives me creep vibes.

Well, I’m not totally sure they read this but if they do, I hope she pays close attention to what I’m saying.

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

maybe as someone who has never experienced an abusive relationship i'm seeing it differently, but i feel like some of you might be reaching on grants behavior? to me he just seems like a dude who thinks his wife is hot. not sure why he wouldn't wanna focus on tits and ass, he is married to her after all. living together is still relatively new for them so they should still definitely be in a honeymoon phase where you're always wanting to bang and what not

leighann also didnt NEED to put that in the video.. but she did... so she's obviously okay with it

audrey95
Lurker
Lurker

Post by audrey95 »

pepesylvia wrote:maybe as someone who has never experienced an abusive relationship i'm seeing it differently, but i feel like some of you might be reaching on grants behavior? to me he just seems like a dude who thinks his wife is hot. not sure why he wouldn't wanna focus on tits and ass, he is married to her after all. living together is still relatively new for them so they should still definitely be in a honeymoon phase where you're always wanting to bang and what not

leighann also didnt NEED to put that in the video.. but she did... so she's obviously okay with it
True, true. Maybe I’m reaching a bit. Lol I totally wouldn’t be okay with my man doing that to me for a video that will be PUBLIC, but, it isn’t my relationship.

Oh, that’s right. They met on Tinder, so of course they would be loose lol

annabrmnghm
Debater
Debater

Post by annabrmnghm »

I would be upset with that treatment from my partner as well but I think most people here are of the opinion that Leigh Ann LOVES this kind of attention and I really doubt it bothers her in the slightest, she'd probably be more upset if he suddenly quit objectifying her. And if she's okay with it, which she appears to be, can't really speculate it being abusive although I also find him to be a creep.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I mean why even include those clips at all? The fact that she did shows her hand to me. I think she views her body as her most attention grabbing (and maybe even most valuable?) trait, which is why she has literally tried on hundreds of bikinis for the internet at this point. I don't think she cares that much. I can see why you'd make that leap though. She's not, like, a woman who built her social media around bedroom shots, & who oozes sex appeal. Her thing is quirky regular girl, not sexy girl, who tries on clothes and bikinis to help the other 1% of women who are 6 feet tall with unusual proportions. But she posts that stuff for the views, let's be real, and I'm sure she knows it's not simply women who look like her and also have an online shopping addiction.

rose1
Debater
Debater

Post by rose1 »

annabrmnghm wrote:I would be upset with that treatment from my partner as well but I think most people here are of the opinion that Leigh Ann LOVES this kind of attention and I really doubt it bothers her in the slightest, she'd probably be more upset if he suddenly quit objectifying her. And if she's okay with it, which she appears to be, can't really speculate it being abusive although I also find him to be a creep.
Agreed, but yeah I think it's pretty telling that she never edits it out. Combine that with the fact that she has to awkwardly dance around in/photograph every outfit she ever puts on her body. She for sure loves that kind of attention/validation. This has been discussed similarly several times, but I think she loves bringing attention to her being "out of his league" or any comments/reactions he makes about her appearance. Which is why she'll always leave in clips like that, or film herself twirling around in her outfit for him every time she gets dressed. I get wanting attention from your spouse on some level obviously, but it's such a constant for her (and that's just in videos) that she now comes across as extremely insecure and immature for her age.

silentlyscreaming
Debater
Debater

Post by silentlyscreaming »

For the person who said that Leighann likes to date ugly guys and it being a thing about self esteem or self confidence - I have a theory about this.

Leighann is a bit peculiar looking, but I think by most standards, men would consider her hot. She is tall, thin, blonde, huge boobs, and is usually "put together" (meaning hair and makeup done before leaving the house). I think that Leighann dates men who are considered less attractive than her for two main reasons. The first being that she wants to be the attractive one in the relationship. If she were to date a really attractive guy, then she wouldn't be the one getting all the compliments on her looks. People wouldn't obsess over her because she'd be with an equally attractive guy - they'd just be an attractive couple. The second is that Leighann may feel like if she's the more attractive one in a relationship, there is less of a chance that the man will stray. I actually know several people in real life who date people they think are less attractive for precisely this reason; if they're "ugly", then they won't cheat on me because they'll feel lucky to be with me.

Just a theory, but I feel like the first one definitely fits Leighann as she's obviously obsessed with her looks. The second one may be a stretch for her, but I think it may also apply.

I know that she's dating some more normal to attractive guys in the past, but it didn't ever seem like she was dating them exclusively and she rarely introduced them on YouTube.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

audrey95 wrote:I just watched Leigh Ann’s vlog of their vacation in Cancun.
Oh my God I can’t stand Grant. I just think he is a jerk. I was thinking he isn’t as big of a jerk as Alan is but I’m starting to think he’s just as bad.
Can’t believe he had the nerve to zoom in on Leigh Ann’s butt and boobs when he knew thousands of people would see the video. That’s so freaking disrespectful. “Make it sexy or we don’t eat.” Yes, it’s a joke, but I still hate him.
But Leighann edited the video and left it in. So she must dig it as much as he does.
That Girl!

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

I feel so creeped out by those shots now. It was different when Leigh Ann was just prancing around filming herself. But now that Grant's doing it... :barf:

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

My theory is that she's pretty insecure but very looks driven. I think she prefers to date a schlubby guy who hasn't dated very many women who get attention for their looks (Grant used to be much heavier). My guess is that she'd feel very insecure if she saw one of her husband's exes and she turned out to be very beautiful and had a career where she got a lot of attention for her looks (like a model or actress or something). It seems clear that she has very traditional views on gender roles, so tbh I don't think she'd be threatened by an ex who had a killer career and was very accomplished. I feel like it is more about her relationship insecurities, because if she were dating a hot guy, it'd bring her way more attention since dating a good looking person can kind of "level you up." I feel like I could see a situation where if you met them, you'd just think of them as an average couple and then a friend would mention her being out of his league. Only then would you start looking more closely and notice it when she really dresses up and does her hair and makeup. So like, if you want to be seen as hot and get attention for it, rolling around with someone who gets noticed for being hot is a good way to go about it. My guess is that it's more about the relationship than the outside attention.

Salem8
Learner
Learner

Post by Salem8 »

smarlo wrote:
audrey95 wrote:I just watched Leigh Ann’s vlog of their vacation in Cancun.
But Leighann edited the video and left it in. So she must dig it as much as he does.
I agree, she left it in, so she must like it. What rubbed me the wrong way was watching Grant tell her “you’re not wearing those shoes to dinner” and she got all whiny and proceeds to provide a caption saying she wore them anyway. But he does this a few times in her vlogs and it’s super uncomfortable to watch. Or she’ll talk about his responses/reactions that seem odd and I’m wondering if she leaves them in to be passive aggressive since they watch her vlogs together.
Also, her response to him asking her about celebrating Christmas as a married couple was cringe worthy lol. Maybe she was caught off guard but with all of her comments about her “little family”, I thought she would’ve included that in her response, not ‘it’s nice to have someone help out’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

audrey95
Lurker
Lurker

Post by audrey95 »

Yes, she clearly likes that behavior from him (the sexual objectifying from him). I was in denial. I didn’t want to believe that Leigh Ann is like that, but she is.
At Salem8, same here. I don’t think she likes him telling her what to do in that regard. I’m glad she wore them anyway. He really does treat her like she’s his kid sometimes. Ew.
I’m also Christian (Methodist) and I also prefer traditional gender roles to a point, but I am not submissive. I believe that relationships work best when no one “wears the pants” and you talk about ideas and make decisions equally. Otherwise, resentment builds.
I’d be so pissed off if my husband told me what to do like Grant does to her. But I would never marry someone like Grant in the first place LOL. Grant is a bit of a chauvinist.

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

silentlyscreaming wrote:For the person who said that Leighann likes to date ugly guys and it being a thing about self esteem or self confidence - I have a theory about this.

Leighann is a bit peculiar looking, but I think by most standards, men would consider her hot. She is tall, thin, blonde, huge boobs, and is usually "put together" (meaning hair and makeup done before leaving the house). I think that Leighann dates men who are considered less attractive than her for two main reasons. The first being that she wants to be the attractive one in the relationship. If she were to date a really attractive guy, then she wouldn't be the one getting all the compliments on her looks. People wouldn't obsess over her because she'd be with an equally attractive guy - they'd just be an attractive couple. The second is that Leighann may feel like if she's the more attractive one in a relationship, there is less of a chance that the man will stray. I actually know several people in real life who date people they think are less attractive for precisely this reason; if they're "ugly", then they won't cheat on me because they'll feel lucky to be with me.

Just a theory, but I feel like the first one definitely fits Leighann as she's obviously obsessed with her looks. The second one may be a stretch for her, but I think it may also apply.

I know that she's dating some more normal to attractive guys in the past, but it didn't ever seem like she was dating them exclusively and she rarely introduced them on YouTube.
That was me. I think you're on to a good theory there. I was coming from a personal experience in my theory. I had a friend who dated the most troll-looking guys. Kinda dumpy, and a face only a mother could love. She was beautiful, thin, and all around a perfect 10. She just never saw that about herself. No matter how much the rest of us girls in the friend group tried telling her. She NEVER listened, wouldn't believe us. We for the most part, don't hang with her anymore. Everyone got pretty tired of hearing her complain about her looks and how "fat" she was. She's my height, 5'11'', and weighs considerably less than I do. Like I said. A knockout by most standards.

whodoievencarebutido
Informer
Informer

Post by whodoievencarebutido »

I think she digs the "dad" vibe. I mean, she fooled around with Marc Maron for a bit & he looks too close to comfort like her own dad... The girl has self esteem issues, no doubt. It's just weird that she lets the entire world see how her relationship is unfolding. It's weird. That's the only word that comes to my mind when I try to even describe it. It's just all weird. I mean, don't get me wrong I love a dominant partner to an extent, but being told "make it sexy or we don't eat" & HE IS RECORDING HER is just WEIRD to leave in for the world to see. No one is gonna know how to take that. I love when my fiancé says stuff like that, BUT WE ARE ALONE, lol. No one else is witnessing that interaction. Idk she's just so different from what I once thought. Grant might not seem abusive, but he totally has traits that aren't super endearing. It's clear he's a control freak. Remember the clean out of her house [which no doubt he needed to be firm with her because she's a womanchild who didn't know how to prepare for a move] ? It was just him being a dad the entire time to her. You shouldn't have to stick up for yourself to your partner because they tell you not to do something or wear something. Being on the defense 90% of the time is not healthy. She shows this time & time again in her vlogs when he tells her no & she rebels. Maybe he spanks her later & she enjoys it? :tu:

WE MAY NEVER KNOW. :rofl: :rofl:

whydoicare67
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by whydoicare67 »

This is my take on the situation: Leigh Ann has had physical issues her whole life, not the least of which was the ?goiter? on her neck when she was a little girl (see page 18 of this thread). Something like that when you are little FOR SURE can set you up for feeling less than desirable for the rest of your life. In no way comparable, but when I was little I had three older (by quite a bit) sisters who were all very pretty. When I was 12 and basically looked like a chubby little boy with glasses and braces, I asked my mom when I would be pretty and she said "I don't think you'll ever be pretty." I can admit that I spent a good part of my 20s proving how pretty I was (by getting male attention) and to this day I like to feel/be told I'm pretty. Intellectually I know it doesn't matter, but it's in my psyche. In my opinion, that is what drives Leigh Ann, both in her choice of partner (she doesn't actually think she can do better) and in her "showing off" (to feel validated in the physical attractiveness arena).

Plus a lot of women want the "daddy" figure in the marriage, and it works for them.

dew2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dew2 »

whydoicare67 wrote:This is my take on the situation: Leigh Ann has had physical issues her whole life, not the least of which was the ?goiter? on her neck when she was a little girl (see page 18 of this thread). Something like that when you are little FOR SURE can set you up for feeling less than desirable for the rest of your life. In no way comparable, but when I was little I had three older (by quite a bit) sisters who were all very pretty. When I was 12 and basically looked like a chubby little boy with glasses and braces, I asked my mom when I would be pretty and she said "I don't think you'll ever be pretty." I can admit that I spent a good part of my 20s proving how pretty I was (by getting male attention) and to this day I like to feel/be told I'm pretty. Intellectually I know it doesn't matter, but it's in my psyche. In my opinion, that is what drives Leigh Ann, both in her choice of partner (she doesn't actually think she can do better) and in her "showing off" (to feel validated in the physical attractiveness arena).

Plus a lot of women want the "daddy" figure in the marriage, and it works for them.
I'm really sorry your mom said that to you. :(

audrey95
Lurker
Lurker

Post by audrey95 »

Sure, it does work for a lot of women. And that’s cool. I admit I think it’s weird and I don’t quite understand it. That kind of relationship will never work for me.
I just thought it was weird how Leigh Ann doesn’t seem to like the way he treats her (occasionally, not most of the time). She does like it most of the time. Very strange, but again, not my business.
Not sure why I came on Guru Gossip to talk about this anyway. I have my own life just like everyone else and I have a lot of crap to do. I need to stop procrastinating.

Return to “leighannsays”