Baby Leighann Does Dallas with Daddy Grant - part 6

beautyblenderhohoho
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Baby Leighann Does Dallas with Daddy Grant - part 6

Post by beautyblenderhohoho »

i didn't like birdbox but i found her rant annoying like why does it matter to her that other people enjoyed it?

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Her degree is in Retail and Consumer Science. I looked it up at the time, and that's what I found. She graduated almost a decade ago, and there has been a lot of investment in that time to improve the quality and rankings of her school. if you look it up now, it seems like a somewhat more serious degree than it did then. At the time, it didn't have many (any? can''t rememeber 100%) tech/e-commerce course. It was under the Family Sciences department and they emphasized that at the time. Now they call it Human Development and Consumer Sciences.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by WanderlustX3 »

Leighann didn't like birdbox simply because other people liked it lol
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Okay, I watched the vlog, and that rant really was so annoying. So I'm about to go on one lol!

I think my problem with her is that she is a contrarian, but a vapid one. IMO she takes a fair amount of pride in being "different" " & she's naturally inclined to dislike things that her cohort enjoys. I generally don't take issue with contrarians. I am all about analysis and enjoy a good critique, regardless of if I agree with someone. However, she is one of the least substantial people I watch. Her arguments are empty, meaningless and poorly constructed. It was basically "the movie sucked! And I'm so angry that people liked it because now they're going to keep making movies that suck!" Um...it's 2019. We're not talking a pre-television, Great Depression Era Hollywood where all most people could afford for entertainment was their weekly 10 cent film made by a max of 5 studios. You have hundreds of movies at your fingertips, girl.

Also, once again she called it a "money grab," which I've noticed is something she does--hooks on to a buzzword to make it seem like she has an argument. Like around the 2016 election, when she kept criticizing YouTube and Instagram, and saying they were becoming "Pay for Play" and trying to silence red states. That was clearly an argument born out of what was buzzy among a certain demographic. In that recent story where she hated the t-shirt, originally calling it a "trend" gone "full nonsense," she tried to give it substance by calling it a cash grab. Same thing here. She tried to make some argument about the pace and story, but mostly seemed mad that some people thought it was meaningful or found a message in it ("More than anything, I'm just so horrified that people were saying 'This movie is just so valuable and important to me'...I'm angry because that kind of response to a movie like that is just going to make Netflix--and generally the people that want to make a money grab movie--call it a success story and they're going to make more movies that suck as much as Bird Box.") It seems to be basically the same argument she was making about the shirt. (This women's empowerment trend has gone full nonsense and now in this cash grab, they're making so many ugly shirts! Now Bird Box too? People found a message in that movie, and now they're going to make more movies that make people feel something!) Lol...like yeah, people find messages in movies. And people find messages in message t-shirts. The horror!

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

milanese15 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:34 pm
I think my problem with her is that she is a contrarian, but a vapid one. IMO she takes a fair amount of pride in being "different" & she's naturally inclined to dislike things that her cohort enjoys. I generally don't take issue with contrarians. I am all about analysis and enjoy a good critique, regardless of if I agree with someone. However, she is one of the least substantial people I watch. Her arguments are empty, meaningless and poorly constructed.
I couldn't agree more. I kept waiting for her to explain why the movie was bad, but she gave nothing.

"I am so embarrassing" vlog--she really hasn't matured past the stage in adolescence where teens think that everyone is watching them & caring what they're doing (spotlight effect). She couldn't tell her husband the story without pulling out her camera--that's a strategy to distance herself from the emotion & not have his reaction affect her. And you'll notice that he just teased her ("you pooped your pants online") & didn't try to comfort her. That just further highlights the fact that they don't have a close, emotionally intimate relationship. I don't think she's capable of getting there without therapy.

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

And no follow up on the transcendental meditation? Her vlogs are USELESS!

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Tbh, I don't get what's so embarrassing about that. And she was so dramatic about it. It's one of those things I might cringe about in the moment, but that'd be it and I wouldn't feel the need to talk to someone about it... Honestly, I'd be like "oh okay, I guess that sucks" if someone wanted to cry to me about doing that. It'd be so hard for me to try to care if my partner were acting so dramatic about doing that lol. Idk, I don't have social anxiety though.

WanderlustX3
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by WanderlustX3 »

No idea if i did this right, but i made a new thread viewtopic.php?f=618&t=34797
Please excuse my shitty english. I have no excuse, but at least I acknowledge my horrible grammar and typing skills.

Return to “leighannsays”