whodoievencarebutido
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Leighann puts the I Do in impending doom - Part 5

Post by whodoievencarebutido »

Long time lurker here, blah blah blah, haha

I think they def have a submissive/dom relationship & I kinda dig it? Idk, LeighAnn just seems like she needs a "grown up" in the relationship because she doesn't feel like she is one yet. Grant has grown on me a lot after seeing this last vlog. I think he just isn't super comfortable being filmed every day of his life.

I will say that her content has gotten stagnant. I really loved watching her vlogs when they first started dating & seeing them go to festivals, etc. Hopefully once they move & settle in she will produce more? And it won't just be a recap of the day?

Hawaii though. Was real weird. WHY is she acting like they've just met?! That is so bizarre to me! My bf & I live long distance & believe me, he's seen me at my worst, lol. She needs to ditch the pretty Texan princess act & just be real. No matter how "ugly" it may be. I think someone else mentioned that too before me :respekt:

Res Judicata
Informer
Informer

Post by Res Judicata »

ColdOne wrote:I mean, what else is she going to do all day? She doesn't cook, doesn't clean (as evidenced by the horrified reactions of everyone who sees her office/beauty room), isn't interested in any homemaker-y stuff (gardening, crafts, etc), doesn't have any hobbies besides coddling Luna and listening to podcasts... Did anyone else think that was odd that Grant had never heard an episode of her FAVOURITE PODCAST EVER until their honeymoon? I would at least give it a shot if my partner talked about a show as often as Leighann does.
I'm not surprised he never listened to any of her favorite podcasts. He was finishing up med school and that's extremely demanding. I was in law school and when you're required to read 500 pages a night because every professor assumes their class is the only one you're taking, plus work on papers for classes with a writing requirement of which you had to take one per semester past your first year at my school, plus I was on law review which took up another five hours a week. I didn't have hobbies. I was lucky to get out to have a drink with friends every couple of months or so, let alone get more than 4 hours of sleep a night. From my understanding, med school's worse. I wouldn't be surprised if he had absolutely no time to himself that last year or so between the demands of school and job hunting.

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenthegumdrop »

Res Judicata wrote:
ColdOne wrote:I mean, what else is she going to do all day? She doesn't cook, doesn't clean (as evidenced by the horrified reactions of everyone who sees her office/beauty room), isn't interested in any homemaker-y stuff (gardening, crafts, etc), doesn't have any hobbies besides coddling Luna and listening to podcasts... Did anyone else think that was odd that Grant had never heard an episode of her FAVOURITE PODCAST EVER until their honeymoon? I would at least give it a shot if my partner talked about a show as often as Leighann does.
I'm not surprised he never listened to any of her favorite podcasts. He was finishing up med school and that's extremely demanding. I was in law school and when you're required to read 500 pages a night because every professor assumes their class is the only one you're taking, plus work on papers for classes with a writing requirement of which you had to take one per semester past your first year at my school, plus I was on law review which took up another five hours a week. I didn't have hobbies. I was lucky to get out to have a drink with friends every couple of months or so, let alone get more than 4 hours of sleep a night. From my understanding, med school's worse. I wouldn't be surprised if he had absolutely no time to himself that last year or so between the demands of school and job hunting.
I don’t think that’s a valid excuse. I know he’s probably been real busy but we also have documented evidence from Leighann’s vlogs of them going on numerous vacations and spending many lazy weekends together. I do think he could have made the time for a 30/60 minute podcast at some point in the over a year they’ve been dating.

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

i also thought grant was a lot more likeable in her new vlog (but they dont seem like they have the same sense of humor at all? unless leighann puts up a front for either him or the videos). i just still dont understand them together though? everything between them seems so forced and it doesn't seem like they have anything in common

Lipstickqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lipstickqueen »

Has Leighann ever had a relationship that felt natural and not forced? lol

Res Judicata
Informer
Informer

Post by Res Judicata »

laurenthegumdrop wrote:
Res Judicata wrote:
I don’t think that’s a valid excuse. I know he’s probably been real busy but we also have documented evidence from Leighann’s vlogs of them going on numerous vacations and spending many lazy weekends together. I do think he could have made the time for a 30/60 minute podcast at some point in the over a year they’ve been dating.
They traveled for his job interviews, not for vacation. And yeah, I, as a student, was more interested in spending any downtime I had with friends and family than listening to a podcast. Yes, they could have done it together, but with their unnatural relationship, I doubt that would happen. They don't seem to do anything together but hang out and maybe go have dinner or shop.

drasticactions
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by drasticactions »

Res Judicata wrote:
laurenthegumdrop wrote:
Res Judicata wrote:
They traveled for his job interviews, not for vacation. And yeah, I, as a student, was more interested in spending any downtime I had with friends and family than listening to a podcast. Yes, they could have done it together, but with their unnatural relationship, I doubt that would happen. They don't seem to do anything together but hang out and maybe go have dinner or shop.
He also graduated med school a few years ago, he was in residency in Houston and I think a fellowship out in LA, those are still hard and demanding but it is different than med school, on their road trip last summer or when they went to the music festival where leighann had that horrible period and drove a bit would've been good times for a podcast. I think it is more telling about their relationship that he was unfamiliar with it, than his work schedule, they had time to watch TV together and movies, podcasts are the same in terms of time commitment.

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

Grant sure had a lot of time to sit on FaceTime and watch Leighann declutter her closet. I bet she talked about herself the ENTIRE time and whined about every minor ailment and pimple.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Is it imperative that he listen to podcasts?
That Girl!

silentlyscreaming
Debater
Debater

Post by silentlyscreaming »

My husband's favorite podcasts are political in nature and I honestly can't stand half of that shit, so I can safely say I've probably never listened to his favorite podcast. My favorite podcast is not his style at all, so I don't think he's ever listened to mine. I don't think it's weird at all that he's never listened to it. Maybe he heard how Leighann described it and though "yeah, not for me".

pious
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by pious »

pepesylvia wrote:i also thought grant was a lot more likeable in her new vlog (but they dont seem like they have the same sense of humor at all? unless leighann puts up a front for either him or the videos). i just still dont understand them together though? everything between them seems so forced and it doesn't seem like they have anything in common
Leigh Ann isn't a funny person herself, but judging by the types of movies/tv shows/comedians she's liked over the years, Grant's dry sense of humor is perfect for her.

Candy Cane
Talker
Talker

Post by Candy Cane »

I loved how she kept acting like doing actual grocery shopping for meals was some sort of torture she was subjected to.

ColdOne
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ColdOne »

What was that "straight from the devil" comment on her unboxing? It didn't seem like a joking tone

Saberhagen69
Talker
Talker

Post by Saberhagen69 »

I agree it wasn’t weird that Grant had never heard the podcast before, couples are allowed to have different preferences in music/ TV/podcasts. I don’t want to listen to my husband’s sports podcasts but occasionally I do if we’re stuck in the car for a long drive.

I was amazed they’ve never grocery shopped before, did they just eat out every meal when dating?

Lipstickqueen
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Lipstickqueen »

Candy Cane wrote:I loved how she kept acting like doing actual grocery shopping for meals was some sort of torture she was subjected to.
Right?! I don't like grocery shopping either, but I can do it without complaining lol.

I'm pretty sure Leighann ate out for every meal that wasn't her parents or Hello Fresh. (Even Hello Fresh was a struggle with her)

Res Judicata
Informer
Informer

Post by Res Judicata »

Lipstickqueen wrote:
Candy Cane wrote:I loved how she kept acting like doing actual grocery shopping for meals was some sort of torture she was subjected to.
Right?! I don't like grocery shopping either, but I can do it without complaining lol.

I'm pretty sure Leighann ate out for every meal that wasn't her parents or Hello Fresh. (Even Hello Fresh was a struggle with her)
How do you get through life without learning to cook at least the basic stuff well? I just can't wrap my head around that. I'm no gourmet cook myself, but I wouldn't starve of all the restaurants in driving distance closed tomorrow.

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Leighann puts the I Do in impending doom - Part 5

Post by Cheryl Blossom »

It’s especially bizarre because her mom obviously enjoys cooking and baking but somehow none of that knowledge was passed on to Leighann

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-unladylike-
Learner
Learner

Post by -unladylike- »

She just posted on her ig story that the lease is official. Confirming she return addressed all those thank you cards to a place she hadn’t signed the lease for!!! How honestly dumb can you be? I almost wish it had fallen through just to see the meltdown.

Roxyblonde451
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Roxyblonde451 »

Yup. I picked up on that fast because I remember really old vlogs before she got this condo of her in HEB getting heat and eat meals to fill her cart. Can't do much of that with Grant, he's a "lets make an actual meal" kinda person. Not grab and go.
Should make for an interesting first couple years. Because honestly they didn't spend a TON of time together before getting engaged, and going long distance.
It's an adjustment shock for me when my boyfriend sleeps over. It's rare, and I'm weird about my space as it is. So I can see this being a harsh adjustment. For them both really. Her hoarder shit all OVER the place, heat and eat food way of living, and Grants need to have things tidy at all times, and cook actual meals.

i_just_cant
Debater
Debater

Post by i_just_cant »

So Leighann says they are renting their new house, and later in the vlog says "they accepted our offer." Honey, that's not how the rental market works! Just goes to show that even though she owns her current home, she really is totally clueless about real estate. (I suppose they could have offered to pay more for rent if they really, really wanted the place over someone else, but I don't think that's how she meant it....and if it was, apologies from me, I just had this vlog on as background noise!). But to be fair, Leighann has proved to be clueless in many other facets of life, such as cooking chicken lol :D

Return to “leighannsays”