leighannsays~~Part 2

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: leighannsays~~Part 2

Post by laurenthegumdrop »

I'm also curious how he proposed and what the ring looks like!

PI88NK
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by PI88NK »

Well also a lot of people predicted that since they were having dinner with the parents that this would soon follow. I actually think these two mesh way better than her other boyfriend before grant. I didn't like that guy at all. But grant seems like a good guy. I'm happy she's happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mychelle+
Informer
Informer
Been thanked: 0

Post by mychelle+ »

How long have they been dating again?

Samisgossiping
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Samisgossiping »

kdogsjunk wrote:
lydiasbennett wrote:didn't someone guess they were gonna get engaged around now? lol
YES, and they guessed that's why she got that light, baby pink manicure!!

I want to gag, and not in a RuPaul good way. Has anyone noticed how she morphs and absorbs the personalities of the guys she's dated? When she dated that last disgusting loser, she seemed to become a sarcastic asshole. Now, she acts all cutesy and dumb (like someone said, the "cool" girl). Idk, I guess she's trying to land a security husband so she won't have to ever work a real job. Btw, if she didn't have those fake tits, Grant's would be way bigger than hers.

She has a real job doe.... She's a copywriter at an advertising firm. Has been since she graduated college.

kdogsjunk
Lurker
Lurker

Post by kdogsjunk »

OhHiImSam wrote:
kdogsjunk wrote:
lydiasbennett wrote:didn't someone guess they were gonna get engaged around now? lol
YES, and they guessed that's why she got that light, baby pink manicure!!

I want to gag, and not in a RuPaul good way. Has anyone noticed how she morphs and absorbs the personalities of the guys she's dated? When she dated that last disgusting loser, she seemed to become a sarcastic asshole. Now, she acts all cutesy and dumb (like someone said, the "cool" girl). Idk, I guess she's trying to land a security husband so she won't have to ever work a real job. Btw, if she didn't have those fake tits, Grant's would be way bigger than hers.

She has a real job doe.... She's a copywriter at an advertising firm. Has been since she graduated college.
She does something with social media marketing, which was an intern job she had in college, and somehow convinced them to keep her on after she graduated.

I've managed in corporate banking, and I've worked/managed girls like her...the "I think I'm too pretty to work" girls. They're so used to getting by on their appearance, they don't actually do much work at all, but set their sights on landing a rich (or soon to be rich) husband to support them. From her morning vlogs she used to do before work, she doesn't go in before 10/11, and from the adventures she has during the evenings, concerts start at 8 or 9, dinner before, I'd say she's out of the office by 5 so she has time to change, freshen up, and go out to dinner before the shows/events. Working 6ish (subtracting lunch) hours a day, plus the time she has to play on her own social media daily, she's hardly working. That job of hers is not a real job, just fluff work til she gets that joint checking account with Dr PeePee.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Good job to those who predicted it. Is she going to move to LA? I remember someone saying how terrible the timing is like he's trying to force commitment while leaving. I've always thought it makes more sense to move too. It makes sense even if she weren't getting engaged bc her career at the social media marketing firm is totally stalled and she's hardly grown since her internship days career-wise. For that reason, I can also see that she might be one of those "working until married" girls. I've known a lot of them and it's pretty obvious to me leighann has never been that serious of a career woman. I have no judgment about it though. To each her own. I grew up in a wealthy area and my mom was a housewife so I don't really care if those are your values. But idk, if I were to marry for money, I wouldn't choose a doctor, so maybe she'll still work.

StarKiller25
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by StarKiller25 »

You know, I'm actually really happy for her and Grant. As much as she annoys me with the baby voice and choice of clothing, I can see her true happiness when she is with him. I didn't think they'd be engaged this quickly, but when you meet the right one, you just know. Can't wait to see what her wedding is going to be like. lol

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

Where did it come out that she got engaged? I can't see a new video or anything atm...

Let's be real; Leighann is probably the hottest woman Grant has ever been "lucky" enough to land. He is punching well above his weight and he knows it. Why wouldn't he lock that shit down? As for her, I totally agree; as soon as she's firmly Mrs Doctor, we'll see her move to YouTubing full time and that social media gig will be a long forgotten memory.

I guess the next question is: will they or won't they have children?! Discuss! ;) :roll: :rofl:

StarKiller25
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by StarKiller25 »

NotWithoutMyTRex wrote:Where did it come out that she got engaged? I can't see a new video or anything atm...

Let's be real; Leighann is probably the hottest woman Grant has ever been "lucky" enough to land. He is punching well above his weight and he knows it. Why wouldn't he lock that shit down? As for her, I totally agree; as soon as she's firmly Mrs Doctor, we'll see her move to YouTubing full time and that social media gig will be a long forgotten memory.

I guess the next question is: will they or won't they have children?! Discuss! ;) :roll: :rofl:
She posted the announcement on facebook, twitter and instagram. And as far as kids go, I have no idea. Maybe a little farther down the road, but I don't see her wanted to become a mom just yet. She seems to love the life she has, and may not be willing to give that up in the near future.

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

Oh good Lord, she's trying to make #Leighanneroni happen. :?

Speaking as someone who has been married a long time, it's easy to be all starry eyed and optimistic in the beginning. I hope it works out for them, but they really don't know each other yet. You don't get a true understanding of who your partner is until you've been in the proverbial trenches with them through thick and thin and made it out again alive. For their sake, I hope they have that in them.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

Yeah, I don't think I've seen enough of them together to have an opinion on how it would work out. They haven't gone through enough together to have really tested the relationship, but we also only see a little sliver so I guess I'll reserve judgment. I do think she got a tad desperate after her little sister's wedding, so hopefully it's a good match and not too fast. I definitely hope it works out though because she'd be a mess/disaster if she had a broken engagement or divorce.

sharkbaait
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by sharkbaait »

I remember her talking about kids in a video a long time ago and she didn't seem into it because she would lose her body.
Seems about right lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Everyone saw this coming a mile away. I'm happy for her and I'm dying to see how her cactus/pineapple/mid century modern wedding will play out. Will she wear an embarrassingly short skater dress? Will she have pink hair? Will Bunny be a bridesmaid?
That Girl!

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

I just feel he should have waited about 6 months of long distance because I think that is a really good thing to see how your relationship is and I just would hate "celebrating" my engagement without my fiancé being near and feeling like a pressure both to move to LA which seems like something Leighann isn't really wanting to do.

I also agree they haven't really been together long enough especially I feel like how Leighann always says she's terrible at communication I'm sure that spills over to her relationship. She seems like the type of person who would finally start being real with their partner a few years in. I don't think she's that real with him from what we've seen in vlogs. She's always talking like a baby and going along with any plans.

I do think she got more serious about needing a stable partner after her younger sister got married and realized she'll be turning 30 this year.

Also, just petty of me but I really don't find Leighann attractive. Of course she has a good figure but I just don't find her front on face to be pretty IMO (of course she isn't ugly and I've always said her side profile is really pretty). But yeah Grant probably does feel like he got a model because he seems like he was probably a big nerd his whole life.

fauxfox
Informer
Informer

Post by fauxfox »

I bet he was nervous to wait for 6 months of long distance to pass in case she met somebody else. I agree with what everyone else said - he's a nerd who landed a "hot girl" and she's kind of an insecure mess who landed a stable, probably more rational guy. Is that the best set-up for a lasting marriage? Not typically, but maybe it somehow works for them. I will say, though, that Grant isn't a bad-looking guy and he could be pretty hot himself if he worked out and ate better. Maybe that will happen once he settles into his new job and gets out of the 'med student' mentality.

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I agree, laurenthegumdrop. A few months of long distance would've been the more prudent decision, but I can see why he'd jump the gun. Personally I find her to be rather homely so I don't think they're that differently matched in looks. If she lost her body or he got in shape, I believe they'd be the same level.

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

milanese15 wrote:I agree, laurenthegumdrop. A few months of long distance would've been the more prudent decision, but I can see why he'd jump the gun. Personally I find her to be rather homely so I don't think they're that differently matched in looks. If she lost her body or he got in shape, I believe they'd be the same level.
That's what I was thinking...it's more just a part of our culture. Like anyone who is tall and thin (and blonde) is like automatically deemed beautiful and I do feel if Leighann had her same face on a body that was overweight or average and about 5 foot 4 there would not be as many comments about how "gorgeous" she is.

I asked my boyfriend and he thought they were on par with each other too

superhighlyrequested
Informer
Informer

Post by superhighlyrequested »

let's face it, many of us saw this engagement coming... however, im still curious about the circumstances of this. seems super strange to begin a long distance relationship with a road trip and then an engagement. perhaps they're trying to solidify their commitment, but it doesn't even look like she has a ring?!

also, has anyone been able to determine how long they've actually been dating? i remembered reading something on her tumblr about a former partner she dubbed "dr. dadbod" which im pretty sure refers to "granteroni" given that he definitely fits the description... anyway i searched those keywords and found the post and it's dated april 15, 2016 -- does this mean that she and grant dated in the past and it didn't work out? :? here's the post, btw http://leighannsays.tumblr.com/post/142 ... t-my#notes

CandyCastles
Informer
Informer

Post by CandyCastles »

I'm curious about how long they've been together as well. From what she's said it doesn't seem like that long. I do actually like Grant and think they seem very happy together, but like others have said with Leighann's baby voice and how she puts on the cool girl act around him I don't know that getting engaged before they've lived together is really the best choice for her... or getting engaged when they're about to be long distance for a while since she seems clingy as well. Leighann just strikes me as the type to be on her best behavior around a significant other, or like the "wake up two hours before them to put on makeup" type. Not that other couples don't put their best foot forward in a new relationship, but they don't seem to have gotten to the "let them see all my faults" stage. I have to agree with others saying he proposed to lock down the relationship. I'm thinking he hadn't got her a ring yet either since I'm sure she would have posted loads of pictures of it (that might be for the best though, Grant strikes me as a single round cut diamond on a thin band type of guy, and we all know Leighann would be too special for that :roll: )
Good for them, but the timing seems weird... surely if they're so in love they want to be together forever they can wait for engagements until after he's been away. At this rate i'm betting they'll get married asap when he finishes his work in LA.

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

I didn't get the impression that he was moving to LA for only a little while. It seemed to me like he's moving there for the foreseeable future.

Yeah im thinking there's no ring because there is no way she wouldn't have shown it by now. Has she said how he proposed yet?

Return to “leighannsays”