leighannsays~~Part 2

CandyCastles
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: leighannsays~~Part 2

Post by CandyCastles »

I think a surprise ring can go well if someone knows your style or if they know their partner likes traditional rings, but I feel like you don't have to look at much of Leighann's jewelry/style to see that it's not really her. It looks like he just went to a jewelry store and said "show me your engagement rings" and picked the safest one (granted, that's what most people seem to do and a lot of people tend to go "what's the biggest diamond I can get" versus if its their parter's style). I sincerely hope she gets a wedding planner though, for her sake and for the sake of not hearing her whine nonstop every vlog about how much she has to do.

Candy Cane
Talker
Talker

Post by Candy Cane »

Dr Toboggan wrote:
doomloop wrote:Actually I can imagine her in a flowy boho dress with bell sleeves while wearing a flower crown to be "unique". Like some ethereal nature vibes. Something a manic pixie dream girl would do. :rofl: She'll probably hire a wedding planner because girl, if you are chronically late for things, you cannot handle planning a wedding. I also wouldn't be surprised if the food at their wedding was like tacos and pizza or whatever because that is ~soooOOOOOoo quirky~
I think you've hit the nail on the head. A food truck and a flowy bell sleeved lace dress that is conveniently tight at the chest. And I also agree about the flower head band. I think she'd have an outdoor wedding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll take Hipster Barn wedding for $200, Alex!

dramallama
Learner
Learner

Post by dramallama »

I feel like Grant would be literally 5x as attractive if he'd shampoo that greasy mess on his head and ditched the plastic glasses frames that are almost identical to the ones I wore as a third grade girl from a poor family. Except mine were blue.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

Candy Cane wrote:
I'll take Hipster Barn wedding for $200, Alex!
I went to one of those this past November. Spare me the burlap and log slices!! It was one big Pinterest cliche.
That Girl!

superhighlyrequested
Informer
Informer

Post by superhighlyrequested »

i enjoyed watching their hotel room banter in her newest vlog. grant and leigh ann have good chemistry and her vlogs would be a lot better if she actually included more of it, but she's obviously still struggling with sharing certain meaningful aspects of her life. that being said, she's alluding to the fact that her next vlog is going to include the engagement (or at least the time surrounding her engagement). i was initially considering that they may have gotten engaged at the beginning of the road trip and celebrated along the way, but it's clear now that they got engaged at the end. i really can't imagine how hard it would be to get engaged and then have to say goodbye to your partner...

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by laurenthegumdrop »

How was she alluding to that? I haven't watched yet. But does that mean she knew about the engagement or when it would happen before? Like it wasn't a surprise?

superhighlyrequested
Informer
Informer

Post by superhighlyrequested »

laurenthegumdrop wrote:How was she alluding to that? I haven't watched yet. But does that mean she knew about the engagement or when it would happen before? Like it wasn't a surprise?
she replied to a comment on the vegas vlog that asked when she was going to post an engagement vlog. in her reply, she alludes to the fact that her next vlog will be the "engagement vlog". here's a screenshot of her reply :)

i don't think she necessarily knew that the proposal was gonna happen or that she got it on video, but the next vlog will feature the weekend of the engagement so she will probably talk about it there. OR she could do what she did with her "stalker" situation and briefly reference that it happened without disclosing any details haha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Candy Cane
Talker
Talker

Post by Candy Cane »

What was up with that dress she was wearing in yesterday's vlog that was nothing more than a glorified 50's style apron? What made it worse was the little shimmy she did while wearing it.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

that dress was questionable, I agree!
That Girl!

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

Oh man, I have so many feelings about the Vegas vlog:
  • Seeing her piece of gum in her mouth as she talks? Ugh, so gross and tacky.
    Stop trying to make "that's how love works" happen.
    What the eff was that too small pink striped crop top with the white linen shorts? This woman does OOTD and style look books? Get out of here! :?
    Grant is so INCREDIBLY ugly. He is TOTALLY Dr Dad Bod. Like, no question. I don't even know what she sees in him. His personality is SO beige.
    And seriously, how much alcohol does she drink now she's with Grant? It's like, EVERY VLOG.
    Vegas is SO awesome and her vlog made it look boring as hell.
I seriously have to stop watching her, everything she does these days annoys me SO much. Leighann, the quirky pixie manic dream girl is BASIC AF. :roll:

lizzygogo
Informer
Informer

Post by lizzygogo »

Either Leighann does not have interesting opinions or thoughts or she is for some reason too afraid to share them. I find her very careful, even (no, especially) with Grant.

What a weird beginning to a marriage. Anyone know how long they've been dating?

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

lizzygogo wrote:Either Leighann does not have interesting opinions or thoughts or she is for some reason too afraid to share them. I find her very careful, even (no, especially) with Grant.

What a weird beginning to a marriage. Anyone know how long they've been dating?
Not sure how long they've been dating, but it can't be more than a little over a year. Then again, if he's Dr. Dad Bod they may have dated before.

I think Leighann is very cautious about alienating her followers so she does not share opinions. Except for dumb conspiracies about her youtube channel. She isn't obligated to talk about certain things like social issues, however, and that's not really what her channel/brand is about. But more than anything, I think she's just afraid of alienating people or causing arguments in her comments. She seems like the type that would be afraid to call herself a feminist because she's worried it would be "too political".

Also, in her vlogs, is she drinking like a lot/excessively? I don't see an issue with a drink or two. She's 30, it's normal for people her age. It's only sad and immature when you're in your 30's and still drinking/partying like you're 21.

smarlo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smarlo »

I don't see where she is drinking excessively either. She's not looking drunk.
That Girl!

NotWithoutMyTRex
Informer
Informer

Post by NotWithoutMyTRex »

She was drunk in her second road trip vlog.

I can't be bothered to go back and re-watch them all, but I'm pretty sure if you WERE to go back to her earlier vlogs, you'd hardly see any shots of her going out and drinking. Now it's literally every weekend (and probably more often) and so every vlog. I mean, I do agree, she's a 30 year old woman so who cares, but this is changed behaviour from what I can tell and started when she hooked up wit Dr Dad Bod.

But who cares, yolo, to each her own, etc. I'll see myself out. :respekt:

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

ITs funny how she's making her road trip into way over a month worth of vlogs. I don't like when vlogs are that old. I kinda feel like it's because she knows her weekend vlogs are gonna be pretty boring because she has no one to hang out with without Grant.

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

Her not having anyone to hang out with in the past could be part of the reason why she drinks more now that she's with Grant. She's probably like me, a social drinker, who mostly has a drink when they're hanging out with someone. Since before we never saw her doing stuff with friends, she probably has more alcohol because she's finally hanging out with a person. I bet if they broke up she'd go back to not drinking as often. Anyways, I'm sorry if I went on about this subject too long.

But on the topic of her not having others to hang out with... Aside from Bunny and a few other people (not boyfriends) sprinkled throughout her vlogs, I wonder if she has other friends? Even on social media, she's always posting pics of herself or with Grant and never really talks about friends. As irritating as some aspects of her personality are, she seems like a nice person.

laurenthegumdrop
Gossiper
Gossiper

Yeah I get that when it's the drinking..I guess if you just see the vlogs it looks like a major difference because she went from never drinking (or at least showing any alcohol) to like 3 different drinks a vlog. Of course it's not a lot of alcohol it's just a change and also her health seems to be an issue so I'm not sure if that's great for her lupus.

I don't think she has that many friends and maybe she wouldn't feel comfortable putting them on the vlog.

It just seems anticlimactic to me to put out her engagement vlog like a month after it happened..right?? Like we all know it happened and have been waiting and now it's been a month and I'm kinda over it like I haven't even watched this latest vlog and I usually watch her vlogs right away.

doomloop
Learner
Learner

Post by doomloop »

Maybe she's trying to build antici... pation. Girl doesn't realize though she's not that interesting to watch.

bsupertramp
Informer
Informer

Post by bsupertramp »

Hmm... wonder what this is about? Maybe to cope with being apart from Grant?

milanese15
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by milanese15 »

I totally get what you're saying in regards to her drinking. Like you're not saying she has a drinking problem, just that her behaviors have changed with him, which fits with our perception of her playing a character with him. But she's such an unnatural vlogger--meaning she's not open at all--that it's hard for me to say if this is normal for her or not. It's possible she used to drink as much but just never showed it and now she thinks it's no big deal to show alcohol bc it's with her boyfriend. She's clearly super image conscious and I think has rigid gender ideas so maybe that's why.

Agreed that she waited too long for her engagement vlog. It's way old news by now. I only watch her vlogs if someone in this thread mentions something interesting from one, but I would've watched this one. I've lost all interest already though.

Return to “leighannsays”