Dry winter skin

momijiii
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dry winter skin

Post by momijiii »

Its starting to get a bit chilly in North Carolina, and with the change of weather my skin is getting extremely dry. During the fall and winter my skin gets so dry and flaky. It's embarrassing when I go out and someone points out that my face is flaky. I exfoliate but I need a better moisturizer. Can anyone tell me what they do to deal with dry skin in the winter and what products you use?

Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer

Re: Dry winter skin

Post by Regina Phalange »

Ponds Dry skin cream. A little goes a long way. It's thick so I only use it at night during winter

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

I'm also getting flaky and dry skin lately- I don't need a moisturizer to necessarily "soften" my skin, I really need some DEEP hydration, not just surface softening. I've been really liking the Vichy Aqualia Thermal line. It's non-greasy and hydrates my skin really well. I recommend the Aqualia Thermal Rich cream plus the Aqualia Thermal Night Spa (it's a sleeping mask). I'm not sure about the availability of Vichy in the US or North Carolina for that matter, but it's pretty easy to get in Canada and the EU.

FolkDeath95
Learner
Learner

Post by FolkDeath95 »

I get super dry and itchy legs/waist/butt in the winter. Basically, anything that isn't covered by my coat. I love the Pacifica, Green Beaver and Kiss my Face moisturizers. I will often use the thickest ones at night and the lighter ones on the morning (yes, twice a day). Skin is apparently our biggest organ, and I have qualms about using chemicals on 60% of it twice daily so that's why I try to stay within the organic/all natural range for my moisturizers.

da1nty
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by da1nty »

I swear by cetaphil

caomei
Informer
Informer

Post by caomei »

I love the cetaphil moisturizer as well. I hate the cleanser and prefer Spectro, but Cetaphil moisturizer is great.

I actually use an olive moisturizing sleeping pack in the winter, at least a couple times a week. Or a banana yogurt mask.

My favourite moisturizer is the Shiseido Night Moisture Recharge, and I bought it last year because I experienced winter dryness for the first time. Works great! But the formula is relatively thin so you might want a sample first if you decide to try it.

Return to “Skincare”