Stretch marks

Evolve
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Stretch marks

Post by Evolve » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:53 pm

Rock em, there are plenty of us that have them! Fewer people are judging you than you think. Mine from puberty are pretty faded and have been for years. I have one on my inner thigh that isn't, I like to pretend its a war wound like I got stabbed there.

justanotherhater

Post by justanotherhater » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:19 am

I don't see it as something to be self-conscious about. Lots of people have them and honestly most people don't care. I just noticed a couple of days ago that my boyfriend had some on his arms/lower back/inner thighs. It took me 3+ years to even notice them. I probably saw them but never even thought about it.

I had some on my hips through puberty, but they mostly faded. I still have some faint ones but I don't even pay attention to them.

Purpledrank89
Learner
Learner

Post by Purpledrank89 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:19 am

There is nothing you can really do to get rid of them unless you get laser work done .When I was 19 I had like a million pop up in all kinds of places, the dark purple ones inner thighs, under butt,hamstrings, hips I got so insecure about them, I mean I already had white ones simply from growing from a child to a teen but these ones were brand new and not cool. So I went on a rampage to find any cure and all these remedies and the only thing that worked was patience, and keeping moisturized and drank water more. I think I'm prone to them because my mom had them and I'm 24 now and still baby free. So what I did was ignore them, because if I constantly stared at them it looks like they aren't going anywhere. So for all of fall winter and spring I wore leggings kept them covered because I was embarrassed but I kept moisturized kept hydrated and this summer I just so happen to look down and half of those little bastards have faded. Faded to white of course but I'll take that over dark purple. So get some real moisturizers, real raw shea butter and Cocoa butter, vitamin e oil and olive. Mix that ish up and use it after you get out of the shower.

bznz
Debater
Debater

Post by bznz » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:50 am

I have always been overweight so I have them EVERYWHERE, well everywhere except my legs. I have them on my butt, my stomach, my hips, my back, my boobs, my shoulders, my armpits and so on.. I don't care about them that much, except the ones I have on my boobs(on the side of my boobs towards the armpit) and on my stomach because they're so deep I can actually feel them if I run my fingers over them. Now I lost a bunch of weight and my skin is flabbier then ever and sadly my stretch marks are even more noticeable on my stomach. That sucks.

I plan on getting them removed when I reach my goal weight, because I cringe when I think about if I would ever get a boyfriend (let's hope so lol) and him running his fingers over my stomach and him wondering if he just touched my stomach or the Alps.

Oh well, at least they're white and the small ones are only visible in certain lights.

JustGlow

Post by JustGlow » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:53 pm

I have loads. On my boobs, on my hips, inner thighs, stomach,benind the knee, and upper arms. I'm not really sure where they came from, because I haven't gained that much weight, and I definitely didn't have a growth spurt. I come from a family with loads of skin issues, so I'm guessing that's why I have them. My boobs had a growt spurt after I started the pill, and I got loads in my boobs. They've faded, so they're not even that noticable. Honestly, the only ones I'm bothered with are the ones on the back of my legs/knees. Most people, especially girls, have stretch marks. It's not a big deal. I even know a guy who has them on his back, from a growth spurt.

glencoco
Learner
Learner

Post by glencoco » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:39 am

Take some capsules of pure vitamin E oil, bio oil, and mix it with cocoa butter (or coconut oil) that is melted down. Apply this to any area that has stretch marks. Use a circular motion with your fingers when applying. This increases circulation and will help them fade fast. Apply at morning and night. Drinking a lot of water will help as well.

I'm sure you can get these things online :)

vegasazhure
Informer
Informer

Post by vegasazhure » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:10 am

I got quite a few during my first pregnancy and I gained a TON of weight. I lost it all over about three years, and during my second pregnancy was super careful and didn't get more than a couple new ones. By now they're all but faded and the few on my breasts and hips are nearly invisible. My stomach though... it's all just tiny stretch marks that makes me look like I have super weird, wrinkly skin! They've all faded to white, there's nothing else I can do but for cosmetic procedures to remove them (tummy tuck, one day, right here) so for now I grin and bear it.

WHILE I was pregnant the second time, I already knew I could get stretch marks and was much more vigilant with the cocoa butter. I don't know if it helped as much as watching my weight gain, but it never hurts to try!
angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night - Ginsberg

balletslippers
Informer
Informer

Post by balletslippers » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:37 pm

As a teenager, I was SO insecure of them. I still am to this day but it's not as bad. I have stretchmarks on the side of my bum and it's horrible when I want to wear a sexy bikini. I'm hoping to get them lasered off before my wedding. Stretchmarks are also at the top of the list of why I'll never have kids (so vain, I know... :o )

toucs
Learner
Learner

Post by toucs » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:58 pm

I used to cry in the bathroom because of my stretch marks. Or I'd stand infront of the mirror checking every part of my body for new marks.. I've stayed pretty much the same size and weight since i was 14, I'm the only person in my family who suffers with stretch marks. I used to use cocoa butter, i don't know if it helped, but it smelt amazing..
Since I met my boyfriend, i haven't looked or cared about them.

CowGoesMeow
DONATOR
DONATOR

Post by CowGoesMeow » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:14 am

i have some on my thigh due to gaining and losing weight too fast. i use vitamin E
Image AprilJustin liesTVImage

sapage89
Debater
Debater

Post by sapage89 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:12 am

I have some on my thighs from gaining and now losing it. no idea how to make them go away. :/
Using Tapatalk

TiffanyMaxwell
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by TiffanyMaxwell » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:12 am

Don't know why people feel so upset over it. I have them on my boobs, on my legs, even on my arms.. I feel it is natural and most women have them. They usually fade over time as well and are not like sticking right into your face so it's fine with me.
<3

smorespup
Informer
Informer

Post by smorespup » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:03 pm

I have stretch marks in a lot of places and for the most part they don't bother me. However, I do have some on the back of my calves and knees that really bother me and make me not want to wear shorts or dresses. I started using a dermaroller after a lot of consideration (it looks a lot scarier than it is), and I can honestly say that after about a month of using it, I am actually seeing results. The texture and color has evened out and some of the marks are starting to break apart and disappear. They aren't completely gone and probably never will be, but I'm so much happier with them. I'm not sure how well this device works on really old, deep stretchmarks but I truly do believe that this has helped me.

sibkitty3
Debater
Debater

Post by sibkitty3 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:00 pm

you know I use to feel insecure about my stretch marks, but after reading that many people have them and in similar places I have my own marks. I feel better.

I have them on my boobs, hips, back on calves (don't know how that happen tho). I understand how I got them on my boobs and hips, especially when I gained weight, but not my calves.

speakyourdreams
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by speakyourdreams » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:20 pm

I got stretch marks on my thighs when I was 11. It freaked me out. I started my period around that time too. So it was probably my body becoming more womanly. Lol.

Try bio oil. You have to use everyday twice a day to see any results. Or you could get laser surgery.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I know your wife and she wouldnt mind

jehhknees
Informer
Informer

Post by jehhknees » Sat Aug 16, 2014 4:03 pm

I have them on my upper arm and I hate them ):
So gay I can't even think straight (;

[[Dat Mexican-Filipino Chick]]

Goldn
Debater
Debater

Post by Goldn » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:02 am

When I was around 13/14 I went through lovely puberty and grew a set of hips and thighs, going from a stick-figure child to a pear shape. At first, the stretch marks down my thighs and my butt looked angry and red-purple against my pale skin, and you know what? I refused to wear short pants for three summers straight. I hated how pale I was, how diseased my freaky stretch marks looked, and how "chubby" I was (pff yeah right).
Three years later, I grew older, slimmed down for some reason, and still have stretch marks. They're white now, against my pale skin they aren't veery noticeable, and I honestly dgaf. I see them as proof that - guess what - I grew into a woman. They are my puberty battle scars, and they are a part of me :)
Don't be ashamed of your scars! Over time, they will fade and blend in, and they will be wholly yours. No shame in being a growing and changing human being!

soupie
Learner
Learner

Post by soupie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:28 pm

in the past year my weight fluctuated quite a bit, and i ended up gaining about 20 lbs. i got stretch marks for the first time ever and i was mortified, but i grew to learn they're actually pretty common, and not always due to weight gain/loss (like i'd previously thought). i've since started exercising regularly and getting a healthy diet back on track and they've actually started turning white and less noticeable (they started out purplish which made me sooo self-conscious).

in the meantime, i've been moisturizing with cocoa butter almost every night. i also recently started trying this argan oil of morocco dry body oil (it's at target for like, $8) and y'all...regardless of whether you have stretch marks or not, it does wonders for your skin. i rub a little on all over (esp. where i have some stretch marks) after a shower, while i'm still a little damp, and then pat it dry with a towel and it's made such a difference. it creates elasticity, so it'll definitely help more with preventing future stretch marks from occurring (moreso than cocoa butter, i personally feel).

i agree that there's nothing to be ashamed of in having and owning your stretch marks! but i also know how self-conscious they can make you feel, and the stuff i've been doing has helped reduce their appearance and just generally left my skin feeling amaaaaazing most of the time. :D

beautymeg
Lurker
Lurker

Post by beautymeg » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:33 am

Aloe vera is effective in the treatment of many skin problems. It has various essential nutrients and active compounds that can be used in the treatment of minor burns, while its healing and soothing properties can be used to get rid of stretch marks. You can directly rub aloe vera gel on the affected skin area, leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse the skin with lukewarm water.

SeeMyVest

Post by SeeMyVest » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:14 pm

I have a lot of stretch marks. All over my hips, my inner thighs, my breasts and my butt. I got most of them when I hit puberty as I developed to have one of those "hourglass" figures, I think they're called. I don't even give them a second thought. something like 98% of women have stretch marks. They're completely normal and natural, even though they aren't portrayed as so in the media.

Kimmymarie
Debater
Debater

Post by Kimmymarie » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:41 am

I have lots of them (some from puberty and some from a major weight gain) and I haven't even had kids yet. I will say that I think some lotions help to fade them but there is no way to fully rid yourself of them. The ones I have on my breasts from when I was a teenager have faded almost fully, I mean they're there but barely noticeable. I'm assuming the other ones will eventually fade that much too.

JasminRiEt

Its what we came here for, but there are times in

Post by JasminRiEt » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:18 am

http://www.discogs.com/release/6580414 Gone Girl super quality zfgfqv2 http://www.discogs.com/release/6580444 Exodus Gods and Kings free good quality hd 702x3we http://www.discogs.com/release/6580460 Dumb and Dumber To free good quality nm3te1b http://www.discogs.com/release/6580473 The Hobbit The Battle of the Five Armies movie 1080p HD stream cdqf7tz http://www.discogs.com/release/6580494 Annie without registration ci2kwub http://www.discogs.com/release/6580517 Big Hero 6 free quality hd 720p t1olwgz http://www.discogs.com/release/6580529 high quality stream 42d19yq http://www.discogs.com/release/6580549 Divx quality as5em6y

Chlorophyll
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Chlorophyll » Mon May 25, 2015 12:18 am

I know this is an old thread, but I guess I'll share my story here. I have faint stretch marks on my breasts from puberty. They used to drive me crazy but mederma and dermarolling are helping a lot. Actually I think I'm going to try a vitamin c serum instead of the mederma after I am done with the tube. I also make my own body scrub with microdermabrasion crystals. Long story there. Every little bit helps fade them so you won't feel as bad about yourself.

Anyway, nobody is perfect! Don't feel too bad about them. I have a friend who is very, very tiny (her waist is literally 19 inches around at the age of 24!) and she has the worst cellulite imaginable. She is actually jealous of fat people because they "have an excuse for it" LOL. Be strong and don't expect perfection.
Nobody ever considers themselves to be the villain...

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:07 am

I was diagnosed with leaky gut and autoimmune disease, so my functional medicine doctor tested my nutritional deficiencies and found I was deficient pretty much in everything except folate, iron and copper. I started supplementing and as my deficiencies got better my skin healed SO MUCH, my acne scars all gone, stretchmarks, even if I cut myself it'd heal in 24h instead of a week. All my cuts like papercuts and such used to heal for a week and would always get infected. I simply didn't have enough vitamins and minerals for my body to cope properly. I learned that main skin vitamins are zinc, vit A, B12, B6, biotin. My nails and hair improved a lot too. Now if something is wrong again like things don't heal as fast or hair is falling out I know I developed a deficiency again

Caitlin_Angel1
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Caitlin_Angel1 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:50 am

everyone has them!

Return to “Skin”