Dehydrated skin?

bubblegumbitch
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Dehydrated skin?

Post by bubblegumbitch » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:54 pm

I saw this blog post: http://www.carolinehirons.com/2011/11/d ... sheet.html about dry vs. dehydrated skin, and I now realize that my skin is probably dehydrated and not dry like I thought. I was wondering if any of y'all have dehydrated skin and what products work for you?

pie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Re: Dehydrated skin?

Post by pie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:48 pm

I read SkincareAddiction on reddit from time to time!
Dehydrated Skin
They have tons of good info about products to use.

I have two products I swear by that many of the people use there, and both of them contain hyaluronic acid. I use a Japanese brand called Hada Labo. They have an American variation that they sell in Ulta but I have never tried them. I love the original Japanese kind that I get from Japanese cosmetic stores/markets.

I was actually alerted to this issue when I got a facial. My skin type is naturally oily, but I had issues with spots that are both flaky and oily at the same time. It was weird. I thought it was just some dry spots but the aesthetician said that they were dehydrated, not dry. I was already using the hyaluronic acid products but my issue was over-exfoliating. Had to rearrange my skin care routine a bit and drop the face scrubbing pad :mmhmm:

badbitchlikethis
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Post by badbitchlikethis » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:07 pm

I have naturally dry skin that feels dehydrated also I don't take care of it.

For skincare, I use a cream cleanser in the morning and a balm at night. I always use hydrating/radiance serums and night treatments as well. I make sure all of my skincare products contain hyaluronic acid, gycolic acid, lactic acid, or glycerin which are all really moisturizing ingredients. Shea butter and natural plant oils are lovely too. I stay away from anything that is foaming because they strip dry skin instead of moisturizing it, anything too harsh or with alcohol. I love to use hydrating/radiance face masks as well over clay masks which suck out impurities instead of moisturize (better for oily skin).

I always moisture my face before I apply my makeup so I make sure that everything will apply smoothly and I won't have any dry patches/makeup getting cakey. Again, I always look for hydrating products to use, especially foundation and concealers. Since my skin is dry, my goal is to always create some radiance to my skin so I love to use cream highlighters and blushes. I think they give a more natural, lit from within appearance rather than powders. I'll only use a powder in specific areas like my t-zone to minimize any shine.

manisha
Wallflower
Wallflower
Has thanked: 0

Post by manisha » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:08 am

Thanks for information.

Return to “Skin”