Regina Phalange
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Blackheads

Post by Regina Phalange »

molticolori wrote:
Regina Phalange wrote:I use a cleanser with salicylic acid in it and I love it. I think that's why I don't have blackheads all over but still struggle with them on my nose. It could be sebaceous filaments, ill have to read the article to know for sure.

I also thought about trying baking soda for blackheads. I have the silver powder from Mario badesco but I've only used it a few times so I can't say if it works. I need to use it more
OMG no! Baking soda is super harmful for the skin and can cause hyperpigmentation! Please don't do that.

Yikes! I won't. I've read good things about it so I thought it was worth a shot but not after reading that. Thanks!

whAt
Lurker
Lurker

Post by whAt »

Just for the record, steaming your skin and using pore strips tend to irritate it. I've found BHA/AHA products help though, like Stridex pads (the kind in the red box)
You shouldn't feel bad about SF's though, because they're natural and not acne.

whatthewhat
Learner
Learner

Post by whatthewhat »

I have the silver powder from Mario badesco but I've only used it a few times so I can't say if it works.
I used this and didn't think much of it tbh. I did use it a few years ago tbf.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

i was watching a video about this yesterday by wayne goss (gossmakeupartist on YT). idk how well his method works because i haven't tried it but if you go to his channel and search 'blackheads' it should come up.
imma ball til the day i fall

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Blackheads

Post by Pleasedont »

I have blackheads on my nose that never go away. Once a week I use this tool thing to remove all the blackheads but they're back a week later. Does anyone know something that will help me get rid of them??

I've tried tomers and face washes meant for blackheads, I use a clarisonic as well

I've tried putting salt water on my nose once a day, still doesn't work

Only thing that has worked was epidou but they came back after a month

I rarely get pimples I just want these things gone though D:

thecitylightsburn
Informer
Informer

Post by thecitylightsburn »

Try those strips. I used them once, and they worked wonders.

Removed clickable link
Last edited by tar on Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edit to remove clickable link
I'm sweating like a sinner in a church.

The truth is that... Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding chapels,
and hospitals have heard more sincere prayers than church.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

ok, for open comedomes, you should never be extracting them yourself weekly, as you can cause broken blood capilaries ( blood vessels). once every other week, maybe.

put down the clarisonic. seriously, stop using that thing all the time because you are compromising your skin's top layer by doing so.

whatever products you are using are the culprit. you are opening your pores, and then refilling them, be it with makeup or the skincare you are using.

what are you using by the way? i can figure out what is causing your blackheads if you want.

bottom line:
give your skin a break, because right now, you are just abusing your face. i understand you want to be rid of them, but just from this post i can say you are going about it the wrong way.

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Post by Pleasedont »

artlovemoney wrote:ok, for open comedomes, you should never be extracting them yourself weekly, as you can cause broken blood capilaries ( blood vessels). once every other week, maybe.

put down the clarisonic. seriously, stop using that thing all the time because you are compromising your skin's top layer by doing so.

whatever products you are using are the culprit. you are opening your pores, and then refilling them, be it with makeup or the skincare you are using.

what are you using by the way? i can figure out what is causing your blackheads if you want.

bottom line:
give your skin a break, because right now, you are just abusing your face. i understand you want to be rid of them, but just from this post i can say you are going about it the wrong way.
I haven't worn a Lot of makeup this summer, mayb once or twice a week but I don't put Any products on my nose like powder or foundation

I use a simple foaming face wash, boots toner(the one ms glamorizzi recommended, and once in a while I use a clean and clear dual action moisturizer. I also use blotting sheets.

I've had these since I was about 10 and I didn't wear makeup back then lol.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

Your moisturizer is the problem.

2nd ingredient is Dicaprylyl Ether- derived from coconut oil- moderately comedogenic.

I'd change moisturizers if I were you.

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Post by Pleasedont »

artlovemoney wrote:Your moisturizer is the problem.

2nd ingredient is Dicaprylyl Ether- derived from coconut oil- moderately comedogenic.

I'd change moisturizers if I were you.
Thank you for your help. I'm going to the mall in a bit and I'll be sure to look for a new one.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama »

I have to agree, there is really no way of 'curing' blackheads since they will come back. I learned not to focus too much on them because it is very easy to make your pores larger with pore strips and blackheads will become darker and worse as they renew faster.

I just wash my face everyday and while I don't have zero blackheads, they are tiny and you won't notice them unless you look really close in the mirror. Nobody notices them. Unless they are severe, giving your face a rest is best.

P.S. physically exfoliating your face constantly is very bad for your skin. You really should only do it once or twice a week. I noticed that my skin got progressively worse when I exfoliated it very often; my face got really oily fast and my breakouts became more frequent and larger. Incorporating topical AHA/BHA in your skin regime may help with your blackhead problem too, plus make your skin more radiant. Just make sure you have ample SPF.

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa »

oh god no do not use those biore strips people. imo they should be taken off the market forever

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

whoawhoawhoa wrote:oh god no do not use those biore strips people. imo they should be taken off the market forever
if i had a freaking dollar for every broken capillary i have seen with those being the cause.....

I could retire the Hawaii tomorrow.

thecitylightsburn
Informer
Informer

Post by thecitylightsburn »

I've never had a problem with them. Now, I kinda wanna throw them out. :( Are they that bad?
I'm sweating like a sinner in a church.

The truth is that... Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding chapels,
and hospitals have heard more sincere prayers than church.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney »

they are too strong, adhesive wise, for that area. the skin is extremely thin and can (and has from what I've seen) be easily damaged.

RadioSurgery
Learner
Learner

Post by RadioSurgery »

Enzyme exfoliators! They won't tear at your skin like harsher scrubs. Philosophy makes a good one as well as Dermalogica.
I've heard nothing but good things about Aztec Secret's Indian Healing Clay.

caomei
Informer
Informer

Post by caomei »

I use the Skinfood Egg White Pore Mask and while I still see some blackheads now and then, I see way less than when I started using the mask. It's really cheap and you'll notice an improvement right away.

anaeuropa
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by anaeuropa »

I've heard this a lot lately but apparently retinols is the ingredient that really helps. Did anyone try this?

RioChio
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by RioChio »

Cosmetics with acids help me from blackheads on my nose.

Return to “Skincare”