Blackheads

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Blackheads

Post by Angie V » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:06 pm

i was watching a video about this yesterday by wayne goss (gossmakeupartist on YT). idk how well his method works because i haven't tried it but if you go to his channel and search 'blackheads' it should come up.
imma ball til the day i fall

sleeplessnights
Learner
Learner

Post by sleeplessnights » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:25 pm

molticolori wrote:Are you guys sure they aren't just sebaceous filaments? Sebaceous filaments are most common on the nose and fill up shortly after using a pore strip or extraction. Here's a helpful article.

Here ya go!

If you're using pore strips I would recommend stopping since they do way more harm than good, take care of your skin! Remember that acne should be treated like an open wound, don't use so many harsh and drying products hoping for quick results and be sure to read up.
Maybe then I just have sebaceous filaments, because I only see these "blackheads" on my nose (even if they are not so light). But I'm not sure yet.
Thank you for the article :)
I apologize for any mistakes, English is not my first language!

cherrygirl016

Post by cherrygirl016 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:52 pm

molticolori wrote:Are you guys sure they aren't just sebaceous filaments? Sebaceous filaments are most common on the nose and fill up shortly after using a pore strip or extraction. Here's a helpful article.

Here ya go!

If you're using pore strips I would recommend stopping since they do way more harm than good, take care of your skin! Remember that acne should be treated like an open wound, don't use so many harsh and drying products hoping for quick results and be sure to read up.
This has been so helpful. Sometimes I get real, deep blackheads, but I think the majority of my "blackheads (on my nose/ chin) are those filaments.

NotAZombie

Post by NotAZombie » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:59 am

Here ya go!

I'm so glad I come across this post. :) I never know they are actually Sebaceous Filaments instead of black heads, and I always can't resist to squeeze them out :| Thank you!

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Blackheads

Post by Pleasedont » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 am

I have blackheads on my nose that never go away. Once a week I use this tool thing to remove all the blackheads but they're back a week later. Does anyone know something that will help me get rid of them??

I've tried tomers and face washes meant for blackheads, I use a clarisonic as well

I've tried putting salt water on my nose once a day, still doesn't work

Only thing that has worked was epidou but they came back after a month

I rarely get pimples I just want these things gone though D:

thecitylightsburn
Informer
Informer

Post by thecitylightsburn » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:19 am

Try those strips. I used them once, and they worked wonders.

http://img2.targetimg2.com/wcsstore/Tar ... 123000.jpg
I'm sweating like a sinner in a church.

The truth is that... Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding chapels,
and hospitals have heard more sincere prayers than church.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:06 pm

ok, for open comedomes, you should never be extracting them yourself weekly, as you can cause broken blood capilaries ( blood vessels). once every other week, maybe.

put down the clarisonic. seriously, stop using that thing all the time because you are compromising your skin's top layer by doing so.

whatever products you are using are the culprit. you are opening your pores, and then refilling them, be it with makeup or the skincare you are using.

what are you using by the way? i can figure out what is causing your blackheads if you want.

bottom line:
give your skin a break, because right now, you are just abusing your face. i understand you want to be rid of them, but just from this post i can say you are going about it the wrong way.
"Details of your incompetence do not interest me."

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Post by Pleasedont » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:44 pm

artlovemoney wrote:ok, for open comedomes, you should never be extracting them yourself weekly, as you can cause broken blood capilaries ( blood vessels). once every other week, maybe.

put down the clarisonic. seriously, stop using that thing all the time because you are compromising your skin's top layer by doing so.

whatever products you are using are the culprit. you are opening your pores, and then refilling them, be it with makeup or the skincare you are using.

what are you using by the way? i can figure out what is causing your blackheads if you want.

bottom line:
give your skin a break, because right now, you are just abusing your face. i understand you want to be rid of them, but just from this post i can say you are going about it the wrong way.
I haven't worn a Lot of makeup this summer, mayb once or twice a week but I don't put Any products on my nose like powder or foundation

I use a simple foaming face wash, boots toner(the one ms glamorizzi recommended, and once in a while I use a clean and clear dual action moisturizer. I also use blotting sheets.

I've had these since I was about 10 and I didn't wear makeup back then lol.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:08 pm

Your moisturizer is the problem.

2nd ingredient is Dicaprylyl Ether- derived from coconut oil- moderately comedogenic.

I'd change moisturizers if I were you.

Pleasedont
Talker
Talker

Post by Pleasedont » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:25 pm

artlovemoney wrote:Your moisturizer is the problem.

2nd ingredient is Dicaprylyl Ether- derived from coconut oil- moderately comedogenic.

I'd change moisturizers if I were you.
Thank you for your help. I'm going to the mall in a bit and I'll be sure to look for a new one.

Llama
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Llama » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:50 pm

I have to agree, there is really no way of 'curing' blackheads since they will come back. I learned not to focus too much on them because it is very easy to make your pores larger with pore strips and blackheads will become darker and worse as they renew faster.

I just wash my face everyday and while I don't have zero blackheads, they are tiny and you won't notice them unless you look really close in the mirror. Nobody notices them. Unless they are severe, giving your face a rest is best.

P.S. physically exfoliating your face constantly is very bad for your skin. You really should only do it once or twice a week. I noticed that my skin got progressively worse when I exfoliated it very often; my face got really oily fast and my breakouts became more frequent and larger. Incorporating topical AHA/BHA in your skin regime may help with your blackhead problem too, plus make your skin more radiant. Just make sure you have ample SPF.

whoawhoawhoa

Post by whoawhoawhoa » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:27 am

oh god no do not use those biore strips people. imo they should be taken off the market forever

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:33 am

whoawhoawhoa wrote:oh god no do not use those biore strips people. imo they should be taken off the market forever
if i had a freaking dollar for every broken capillary i have seen with those being the cause.....

I could retire the Hawaii tomorrow.

thecitylightsburn
Informer
Informer

Post by thecitylightsburn » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:07 am

I've never had a problem with them. Now, I kinda wanna throw them out. :( Are they that bad?
I'm sweating like a sinner in a church.

The truth is that... Airports have seen more sincere kisses than wedding chapels,
and hospitals have heard more sincere prayers than church.

artlovemoney
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by artlovemoney » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:47 pm

they are too strong, adhesive wise, for that area. the skin is extremely thin and can (and has from what I've seen) be easily damaged.

RadioSurgery
Learner
Learner

Post by RadioSurgery » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:30 am

Enzyme exfoliators! They won't tear at your skin like harsher scrubs. Philosophy makes a good one as well as Dermalogica.
I've heard nothing but good things about Aztec Secret's Indian Healing Clay.
"I leave a malt liquor stain like a fucking freight train"

caomei
Informer
Informer

Post by caomei » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:08 am

I use the Skinfood Egg White Pore Mask and while I still see some blackheads now and then, I see way less than when I started using the mask. It's really cheap and you'll notice an improvement right away.

toadstool
Learner
Learner

Post by toadstool » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:21 pm

i've heard that http://www.amazon.com/Aztec-Secret-Indi ... B0014P8L9W is really good for cleansing pores/shrinking them/getting rid of black heads !

anaeuropa
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by anaeuropa » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:17 pm

I've heard this a lot lately but apparently retinols is the ingredient that really helps. Did anyone try this?

Ethanforrester12
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Ethanforrester12 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:23 pm

:toad:

herrybraun
Stalker
Stalker

Post by herrybraun » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:46 am

I have also some blackheads on my face and tried many treatments but not completely cures. So if you got any permanent natural treament then let me know. Thanks.

Return to “Skin”