Sleep talking/sleep walking

yum-martini
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sleep talking/sleep walking

Post by yum-martini »

The Elle thread got me wondering how many people on GG, or their SOs, have experienced sleep walking or sleep talking. I'd love to hear about it,and what do you think causes it (meds, stress, etc)

Last week on New Years my boyfriend let me know that I was talking in my sleep. My eyes were open, I was sitting up and blabbing about turning the lights off and apparently I kept saying "I love him I love him" over and over :lol:. I drank a lot that night.. and even though I know you can't really control whether or not you sleep talk, I have read that substance abuse can trigger it, so I'm going to be cutting down on the drinking. It's kind of unsettling to know that I can be completely functioning but completely unaware of it.

justanotherhater

Re: Sleep talking/sleep walking

Post by justanotherhater »

I had a problem with sleep walking since childhood. There were a lot of times when my parents put me to sleep, and would have to sit for an hour or two in the living room watching tv, waiting for me to sleep-walk into the living room (apparently I did that about once or twice a week so they were used to it) so they could put me back to sleep. Not sure why it happened so often. It started to slowly subside when I was about 16. But for most of my childhood, I would constantly sleep walk. My parents were terrified and would lock all doors at all times. All the nannies that babysat me when I was younger and my parents were gone would freak out whenever I would sleep walk. It was normal for me to sleep on my bed, and wake up on the bathroom floor. My sleep talk is none sense most of the time. My boyfriend said I had told him "not to believe those lies", "don't tell her about us, she might get mad" and "lets bake some cookies." How random? he finds it hilarious though.

I also would occasionally change outfits while I sleep walk :lol: I had my fair share of sleep disorders, I had problems with sleep walking/talking and sleep paralysis. I would sleep walk/talk about 2-5 times a month, and sleep paralysis about once every couple of months or so.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

I had a sleepwalking issue as a kid, up to probably 7 or 8 years old. I even got on top of my dresser once, I've been told. Then my mom made me opaque curtains because my window was in direct view of the moon, and my sleepwalking stopped. Idk if that's just a myth or whatever but it worked for me.

My roommate now (I'm in college and share a room in my apartment with a friend) talks in her sleep sometimes. Usually it's gibberish, but if I'm awake, I'll try to talk to her to see what she says. It's hilarious.
imma ball til the day i fall

mumma2one
Learner
Learner

Sleep walking/talking Stories!

Post by mumma2one »

I was reading some pretty funny stories about this topic that ppl had of either themselves or someone they know & thought that it would make a great thread!

So if you have any stories to share heres the place; funny or scary! :-)

I will start with two, they arn't that funny lol but thought I'd start us off....

A couple of years ago I was alseep next to my boyfriend who was watching tv in bed when all of a sudden I rolled over and said "what have I done!?".

& when I was a kid my mum was sitting in the lounge room watching tv when I got up & sat in front of her then when she asked me what I was doing I got up and went back to bed lol.

mumma2one
Learner
Learner

Re: Sleep walking/talking Stories!

Post by mumma2one »

Also just want to apologize if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't seem to find it...

methadonepretty
Talker
Talker

Re: Sleep walking/talking Stories!

Post by methadonepretty »

I love sleep talkers. I can have whole conversations with my best mate when she's asleep, I mean normally it's not overly sensible, but it makes me love her more than ever.

sarcasmqueen
Learner
Learner

Post by sarcasmqueen »

Sleepwalked my entire childhood. Peed on my dad's tomato-plants once when I was like 7.

These days I'm just endless entertainment for friends/family/boyfriend, because I blabber on in my sleep.
Jag tror du söker efter mer än du ser,
Men jag ser att du ler och jag tror att du tvivlar.

Blueberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Blueberry »

I used to be terrible about sleep walking. Once in the middle of the night, I got out of bed and my parents heard someone trying to open the front door. This freaked them out so they went to see what it was and it was me trying to get out. They asked me what I was doing and I said I had to go to the bathroom. Right before they could get over to me I got the door open and was outside pulling down my pants. They told me to stop because that wasn't the bathroom and I started screaming at them saying "I REALLY GOTTA GO!!!! WHY ARE YOU BEING MEAN TO ME??" I think I was about 6 or so. I used to always end up in random parts of the house or under a bed where my parents couldn't find me and I'd wake up thinking "wtf?". Nowadays I don't have that problem so much, but my husband does tell me in the middle of the night sometimes I will wake up and sit up really fast and he will ask me what in the world I'm doing and I'll tell him I need a PB&J sandwich (don't even like those) or I will say we just had an earthquake.
Actually just last week I got up in the middle of the night, ate a banana without knowing it and left the peel on the floor and I opened up a beer and stuck it in the freezer.

Hahaha.

yum-martini
Informer
Informer

Post by yum-martini »

^ That's so cute.

Something strange I've experienced recently is hallucinating immediately after waking up. ( I should have named this thread sleep problems but oh well). What happened was that two nights in a row I'd wake up and see a van slow down near my house, throw something in my neighbors lawn, drive a bit again, then stop down the street and drive out of view. This really creeped me out especially the second time, cuz what are the odds of a car driving by exactly when I wake up. I also wouldn't seen anything on my neighbors lawn in the morning.

I started reading up on it, and apparently it's a thing to hallucinate right when you wake up! I was having a stressful week so I guess that's what caused it. A common hallucination is spiders. ick.

Pinkiegurf24
Debater
Debater

Post by Pinkiegurf24 »

I sleep talk from time to time, according to my mom, but (luckily) I don't sleep walk.
My mom on the other hand literally holds conversations in her sleep. It's so funny!

Return to “Sleep”