https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Alyramdom
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Depression

Post by Alyramdom »

Ugh great im the last one, this is what I get when I share my experience. When my problems are probaly worse than most of your's. And all you do is bi**h boohoo and think you're the only one who has it bad. Please. But w.e

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Post by nothinggold »

Alyramdom wrote:Ugh great im the last one, this is what I get when I share my experience. When my problems are probaly worse than most of your's. And all you do is bi**h boohoo and think you're the only one who has it bad. Please. But w.e
Well this is rude.
This shit isn't a competition. Thinking it is doesnt help you any, either. Life sucks and then you know what? It gets worse. You just gotta out your big kid pants on and make it better for yourself. Which can be hard if you're a minor living with your parents but it at least gives you a good chance to plan what you'll do when you can go out and make your life better.

LovePotion009
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by LovePotion009 »

Gurutesque wrote:So, I decided to make this topic because I know alot of you might be going through some type of depression. And I love to help. I guess I'll write my story.

So, I have alot of things going on. I'm a latina. So when it was my 15th birthday it was supposed to be a nice day because it was a "Special day". And I have no friends. I felt awful. I had no birthday wishes. Not even my own parents. And then I see other people that get amazing wishes from their friends and family. It makes me feel bad. And I didn't do anything that day. It was the worst birthday of my life. I regret not having a QuinceaƱera celebration. And now I see alot of my friends having them, people telling them that it's their special day. It was a once in a lifetime chance and I let it go. But it's not like I have friends to invite, and half of my family dislikes me. I still cry about it. I only celebrated it with my boyfriend because he actually cares. And we didn't do anything special either. Just movies & restaurant. I've always felt like crap because of it. And I'm getting my phone cut off. (It's my choice) Because nobody texts/calls me, so I have no real reason to have a phone.
I've honestly always hated my life. I feel like I came into this world to suffer and be alone, or something. :sadm:
Do you have social anxiety disorder that keeps you from creating friendships? If not do you have any idea why? Here is one thing to remember. When you meet new people they don't know anything about you in the beginning. Act as you want to feel . If you want to be outgoing and not shy act as if you are that person and you will be. I used to be shy years ago and that is what I decided to do and it worked! There are always people who are longing for friends just like you. Just be open to meeting them. Do you know why your parents didn't wish you a happy birthday? Is this just the way they are?

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by urmotherwasahamster »

Gurl you know I'm here if you need to talk. I didn't know you were going through that. I've been through a lot too and I have depression, so I know your feels. A lot of people are shitty, the world is shitty, but honestly you're an awesome person and that should mean something. Just because people suck doesn't mean you should suffer for it. And btw, me and Bri are your friends, so don't say that you don't have any! :D And happy belated birthday :) <3

Post by Guest »

Gurutesque wrote:So, I decided to make this topic because I know alot of you might be going through some type of depression. And I love to help. I guess I'll write my story.

So, I have alot of things going on. I'm a latina. So when it was my 15th birthday it was supposed to be a nice day because it was a "Special day". And I have no friends. I felt awful. I had no birthday wishes. Not even my own parents. And then I see other people that get amazing wishes from their friends and family. It makes me feel bad. And I didn't do anything that day. It was the worst birthday of my life. I regret not having a QuinceaƱera celebration. And now I see alot of my friends having them, people telling them that it's their special day. It was a once in a lifetime chance and I let it go. But it's not like I have friends to invite, and half of my family dislikes me. I still cry about it. I only celebrated it with my boyfriend because he actually cares. And we didn't do anything special either. Just movies & restaurant. I've always felt like crap because of it. And I'm getting my phone cut off. (It's my choice) Because nobody texts/calls me, so I have no real reason to have a phone.
I've honestly always hated my life. I feel like I came into this world to suffer and be alone, or something. :sadm:
*hugs you and other fellow posters in this thread*
I hate my birthday too :D For 3 consecutive years I've seen friends in my clique celebrate for each other. I joined them in their celebrations and stuff but when my birthday comes around nothing happens.Probably because I always get into fights with one of the gang right before the birthday week and the whole gang will ignore me ;-; I can't say it to them out loud because you know.. It's shameless to ask your friends to celebrate it for you. I cried every year. Sometimes I feel that maybe I'm not a good enough friend. And it hurts so badly when you see fellow friends on facebook, who have birthdays a few days after you, posting pictures of their celebrations/presents etc. And then there's me buying presents for myself to compensate.

This is a thread for depression so yes I have it :sadm: My first therapist actually asked me to stop listening to rock music....... smh

And now I've got a second one! :D He doesn't make me nervous like my first one(who read into my every body language and told me about what they meant, I had to fake being relaxed because I hated being the one not in control) I think maybe because I'm drugged prior to meeting him. Btw has anyone taken sleeping pills before? I'm prescribed with Clonezepam now and I keep having weird vivid dreams :(

LOLA
Wallflower
Wallflower

Depression: Share Your Story

Post by LOLA »

Well, as much as I;d love to write out my whole story, I don't think I'd be able to. I'll just talk about today/ right now.

After having depression for over 10 years now I'm used to what happens, I'm fully aware of when I'm spiralling and all the other BS that comes with depression.. But today, it's just one of those days, you know?

It's Friday night, I'm sitting alone in my house at my computer.. Any other night, heck even any other Friday this would be fine.. But tonight I just feel so low. I'd even describe this feeling as numb, yet emotionally I'm not numb, I'm just sinking, sad, pathetic.

Sometimes you just fall into it, the tiniest thing happens, something switches in your mind and BOOM, you're depressed. You're doing what usually makes you happy, yet not even this can pull you out of where you are, where this illness is taking you.

It's like everything's changed. My usual surroundings feel cold and uninviting, like that creepy street or alleyway you always avoid walking through. This room feels unfamiliar, yet where I'm sitting and the things I'm feeling are as familiar as ever. Not a 'good familiar', a bad one.

Have you ever felt as though you don't know what's going to happen, yet in the very back of your mind, you know too well.. You know what you're in for and how shit it's going to be. Maybe you think you don't know what's coming because every time you hold onto that little shread of hope that screams 'it could be different, it's not what you think'.. When it always is.

It's times like these where possessions mean nothing. That iMac you got last week? Yeah, that can't even make the slightest difference in your happiness. What about the prize from the competition you won that came in the mail today? Nope.. Still nothing.

How often does this happen? Sometimes it never ends, other times it's once every couple of months.. But no matter how few and far between they become, they never, ever become easier to deal with. And you can bet any amount of money that this will rear it's ugly head often enough for you to know well and truly that it's there.

I don't know what I just wrote, I don't know if anyone is going to read this.. All I'll say is that if you're going through the same thing, even if you're not, whatever you're going through.. Know that someone is thinking of you. x

Bebenugget
Talker
Talker

Post by Bebenugget »

I know this is an old topic but i wanted to update, I am now a make-up artist, I work for a wedding events company about an hours drive from where i live, i went back to London and did a course and im super happy with my working life. I still have plans to move to a different country im think Vancouver but i will be waiting until me and my boyfriend ( yes were still together ) are both ready. he hasn't decided what he wants to do but i cant wait to travel and go on fun new adventures.

I know people say that it gets better but thats bullshit. depression doesn't go away you just learn to live with it, i still have down days but i have surrounded myself with people that make me happy ! it wont go away on its on you have to beat it !

uhoh1324
Lurker
Lurker

Post by uhoh1324 »

Therapy has done wonders for me! And it's true, depression doesn't go away and some days will be hard but you will beat it.

Dumbo
Learner
Learner

Post by Dumbo »

It's older thread here but thought I still want to write here. I have been diagnosed with depression about 8 years ago, I was treated for it about 4 ( like psychologist and medication and all that), after that I stopped taking the antidepressant because I felt I can deal without it. Therapy stopped soon too because my psychologist moved to a different city and it's just not possible for me to go there just for that. So the therapy stopped too, well not completely, I did have few vistis with my psychiatrist who didn't go anywhere. Everything was fine for about a year, or year and a half and then my entire life just collapsed on itself. Had few personal disasters, school was too much, felt like my growing depression pushed all my friends away. So here I am now. Every morning wishing to be dead. Often hope for some incurable disease to take me down. Tried to kill myself more than once ( obviously didn't succeed at it.) I feel no hope or anything good coming my way. If anyone here can give me some good advice or just tell me ''it will be better'' i would really appreciate that.

Side note, I do have a new psychologist right now, she seems normal but I feel like I don't get to see her as often as I would like. Psychiatrsist is out right now, so i have no medication for depression, I do have sleeping pills from other doctor which helps slightly but are quite dangerous thing to keep in my reach right now.
English is my second language so please excuse my mistakes and if I say something weird. <3

Tatty Pumpkin
Learner
Learner

Post by Tatty Pumpkin »

There's a great book about depression called 'I Had A Black Dog.' Not only does it illustrate the illness in a clear and relatable way, it can be extremely helpful for friends/family who have never suffered and need a hand understanding what you're going through.
:love2:

hrcfan89
Learner
Learner

Post by hrcfan89 »

I just began taking an antidepressant. It helps with some things, I guess, like I don't go into despair over things in the news as much. Otherwise, it can't do anything to fix my life circumstances, you know? Over the years, I feel like I've wasted so many thousands of dollars on therapy and anxiety and depression medications (mostly anxiety. I only ever tried one other antidepressant for a week before quitting it because it gave me excruciating headaches) because that's all anyone knows to tell you to do when you're feeling depressed. But ultimately, the type of help I need just can't be bought. I don't need to spin my wheels venting to a therapist about the same things over and over again. I need my life not to be so miserably awful. I need an opportunity to stop being trapped by circumstances.

A few months ago, I admitted to suicidal thoughts over a situation on another forum I post on. What did everyone do? Give me the number to suicide hotlines as if, at 28 years of age, I've never heard of those hotlines. It's really hard to accept that people just don't want to deal with you when you're struggling through a bad situation that they can't just give you a simple solution to and ta-da, they're your hero, so they'd rather just toss a hotline number at you or tell you to go to the doctor so they can get rid of you.

Post by Guest »

Just to send you positivity :*

Eazy5
Talker
Talker

Post by Eazy5 »

Things are never permanent. As someone who also deals with depression, it really helps me to use my free time to do things that will better me. Things such as going to the gym or just cleaning my house, doing something nice for someone else, because all those things in the end will make me even the slightest bit happier while they also distract me from any negative thoughts. <3

Nicole89
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by Nicole89 »

Try to fill your life with some happiness. Every single time when I hear about depression I understand that people just refuse to fight and take their place in this life. Everything is just a result of hard work, positive thoughts and hopes. Find new friends, change your current job, just try to do something new and u will see how life changes. Make some present for yourself for example new year party, I heard that guys from https://www.alexandrapark.co.nz/venue-h ... day-lunch/ are doing great stuff and cool parties, traveling is also the best way to make depression disappear.

babybear35
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by babybear35 »

meditation has really helped me!

Return to ā€œMental Healthā€