https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
MakeupGirly
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Anxiety

Post by MakeupGirly »

I don't know if this is social anxiety, t I get really anxious around certain people, especially extended family, friends of friends and teachers. I feel really uncomfortable around them and over analyse everything I do in their presence. Afterwards I have really bad paranoia, I feel like they picked up on my awkwardness and panic and they think I'm weird, ugly and stupid. Maybe I have more social awkwardness than anxiety but it's horrible. I just wish I could be comfortable around them.

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

urmotherwasahamster wrote:Okay, honestly, I am fucking tired of your posts. It's one thing to see you posting in a random thread, but when you come onto MY thread and spew your idiotic bullshit, that's a completely different story.

Social anxiety/phobia is not a mindset. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes you to be physically, mentally, and emotionally UNABLE to function in certain social situations.
It is a mindset. Just because you're too busy feeling sorry for yourself and going batshit against any person who says anything that's even remotely outside of what you want to hear, doesn't mean your case is the ONLY case.
You are not god, you are not a doctor, you are not a psychologist. You can not sit there on your high fucking horse and tell me (and others on this thread) that our DIAGNOSED issues are not real. I have suffered with anxiety for almost 6 years, so for you to tell me that I am just a "boring" individual with no personality is fucking bullshit.
Point out in my post where I was playing God or saying "EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER SUFFERED FOR!!!!!" is "not real"? It's not my fault you're too powerless and immature to recognize your own faults and cope in other ways besides coming on the internet and screaming and crying and acting like you're this deeply wounded horribly victimized character just because you're socially inept. :roll:

And note, I wasn't even talking about any other anxiety disorders aside from social phobia. A PHOBIA, which is no different from any other phobia. The gist of getting over a phobia is to simply face it and deal with it. Instead of popping pills and creating fictitious misery for yourself because you don't really want to deal with any of your problems - which in this case probably have so much more to do with the sad and sorry state of your life rather than ONLY your debilitating social anxiety (again, note this isn't even mentioning any other types of anxiety). And yeah, you know what the difference is between people like you and those who still maintain a life by coping with it? They aren't stuck in a nasty victim complex, boggled by low self esteem and social retardation that they're too lazy and scared to get over - because they decided to deal with it instead of ranting and whiteknighting about it on GuruGossiper.com
Just get the fuck out of the thread, or leave the entire goddamn site for all I care. You're not superior, nobody likes you, you have no friends. If that's not enough of a reason for you to leave, then you have bigger issues than I do.

I don't know, I mean this DOES sound like a pretty persuasive argument. A user named "urmotherwasahamster" is telling me I have no friends and that nobody likes me whilst godmodding and posting possessively in her treasured (Social) Anxiety boo-hoo thread, where she is also simultaneously throwing a victim complex/temper tantrum about how she's socially retarded because of a "chemical imbalance" and not because she's unable to deal with her problems head on (most likely because she's never been in a living situation that called for this attitude yet). I don't know, this is truly a tough one. :roll:

Suspiria
Informer
Informer

Post by Suspiria »

TaylorKnows wrote:Social anxiety isn't a mindset...I've tried to overcome it and just ignore it and it doesn't work.
That's because "just ignoring it" isn't the same as actually dealing with it.
It helps to talk about it. What is it lately with people coming on here saying that we shouldn't talk about how we cope/what our feelings are? I'd rather talk to strangers who will never meet me or see me so they'll know my problems, but they won't ever really ever see me to judge me about them. And I hate the "there are people that have it worse than you" spiel. Everyone has someone with something worse. Homeless people have it better than some people. But you know what? Everyone has problems and as long as they don't act like their problems are the only ones that matters, it's okay to talk about it.
Dude, you have over 3,000 posts on this website, and you seriously WONDER why you haven't been able to overcome it? It's seriously such a simple thing to understand, but the truth is most people are too insecure and immature to point out what exactly continues to cause and PROPAGATE why they still are the way they are, and instead go on and on with excuses and pity parties.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

Suspiria, I do have to admit,

"They aren't stuck in a nasty victim complex, boggled by low self esteem and social retardation that they're too lazy and scared to get over."

That's true. You're quite blunt, and I do like blunt people because I'd MUCH RATHER here the truth than a sugarcoated lie. I dislike when people say they have disorders for the sake of having them, or people that are proud to have disorders (ocd,anxiety,anorexia,bulimia,etc) as if it is something that makes them ~different~. I also think it's a little ridiculous, even in my case, when people are diagnosed just because they get stressed out from normal fucking things. It's true. "Boggled by low self esteem and social retardation that they're too lazy and scared to get over." << Me.

I'm not saying I don't have anxiety, or depression. Not saying anything negative towards others who have shared their stories in this thread either. Everyone gets anxiety, stressed out, and down sometimes. Those who have it worse have real disorders. Not trying to take a stab at anyone but myself here.

Referring to my previous post, since I'm pretty pissed off ATM at being prescribed antidepressants right off the bat, I think I'm going to use your quote when addressing my doctor at my next appointment, while inferring that i only came to her for birth control, not to be told that I'm depressed and have major anxiety.

pandaaa
Informer
Informer

Post by pandaaa »

I was talking about my therapist and we were just talking about the weather. i told her that i get cold really easily and my hands are cold most of the time. I thought it was because I am Asian, and Asians tend to generate less heat. But she said it might be due to my anxiety. O_o I didn't know that could happen because of anxiety. I seriously had cold hands and feet since high school so I was shocked.

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by urmotherwasahamster »

Suspiria wrote:
urmotherwasahamster wrote:Okay, honestly, I am fucking tired of your posts. It's one thing to see you posting in a random thread, but when you come onto MY thread and spew your idiotic bullshit, that's a completely different story.

Social anxiety/phobia is not a mindset. It is a chemical imbalance in the brain that causes you to be physically, mentally, and emotionally UNABLE to function in certain social situations.
It is a mindset. Just because you're too busy feeling sorry for yourself and going batshit against any person who says anything that's even remotely outside of what you want to hear, doesn't mean your case is the ONLY case.
You are not god, you are not a doctor, you are not a psychologist. You can not sit there on your high fucking horse and tell me (and others on this thread) that our DIAGNOSED issues are not real. I have suffered with anxiety for almost 6 years, so for you to tell me that I am just a "boring" individual with no personality is fucking bullshit.
Point out in my post where I was playing God or saying "EVERYTHING YOU HAVE EVER SUFFERED FOR!!!!!" is "not real"? It's not my fault you're too powerless and immature to recognize your own faults and cope in other ways besides coming on the internet and screaming and crying and acting like you're this deeply wounded horribly victimized character just because you're socially inept. :roll:

And note, I wasn't even talking about any other anxiety disorders aside from social phobia. A PHOBIA, which is no different from any other phobia. The gist of getting over a phobia is to simply face it and deal with it. Instead of popping pills and creating fictitious misery for yourself because you don't really want to deal with any of your problems - which in this case probably have so much more to do with the sad and sorry state of your life rather than ONLY your debilitating social anxiety (again, note this isn't even mentioning any other types of anxiety). And yeah, you know what the difference is between people like you and those who still maintain a life by coping with it? They aren't stuck in a nasty victim complex, boggled by low self esteem and social retardation that they're too lazy and scared to get over - because they decided to deal with it instead of ranting and whiteknighting about it on GuruGossiper.com
Just get the fuck out of the thread, or leave the entire goddamn site for all I care. You're not superior, nobody likes you, you have no friends. If that's not enough of a reason for you to leave, then you have bigger issues than I do.

I don't know, I mean this DOES sound like a pretty persuasive argument. A user named "urmotherwasahamster" is telling me I have no friends and that nobody likes me whilst godmodding and posting possessively in her treasured (Social) Anxiety boo-hoo thread, where she is also simultaneously throwing a victim complex/temper tantrum about how she's socially retarded because of a "chemical imbalance" and not because she's unable to deal with her problems head on (most likely because she's never been in a living situation that called for this attitude yet). I don't know, this is truly a tough one. :roll:
You know what's funny about this situation? While I admit that I initially overreacted to your first post (mostly because you almost always have something negative to say in every thread you post in), you're still wrong.

I'm not one of those people that sits there and complains about a problem without trying to get over it. Yes I like to rant, like anyone else in this world, because I have shitty days too. But I've already tried 3 different medications, I'm currently seeing a therapist, and yes - god forbid - I constantly make the effort to be social. I was just diagnosed last year with it, so forgive me if I'm not cured fast enough for you. :roll:

If you hadn't noticed, I said I have been diagnosed with GAD (generalized anxiety disorder) and depression - not just social phobia. All of these factors contribute to my issues. So even if your silly point about social anxiety being a "mindset" was correct, none of it would pertain to me. There is a lot more to these disorders than what it appears, so making a quick judgement just makes you seem ignorant.

And BTW, just because I have social phobia, doesn't mean I'm autistic and unable to function in social situations. I can easily sit there at a table of 10 other people and act okay, but what goes on in my mind is far from normal. I really don't think I can explain it to you well enough without you taking everything I say out of context, so you might as well go research it by yourself so you can be well educated about it.

Not fighting with you, honestly, I'm sick and not really in the mood. But just please go away. What you're doing right now is borderline harassment and I won't hesitate to contact a mod. Stay away from the thread if I'm really that insufferably annoying to you.

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

Also, and update on my medications so far. I had been having vertigo after stopping the Paxil, but it seems like it might've been an inner ear infection that was contributing to it, so once I got that cleaned up it went away. The Prozac still doesn't seem to be kicking in yet because I'm still having a lot of anxiety, but it has made me incredibly moody and admittedly intolerable to everyone around me. Doc says that should calm down by week 3 or 4, so I'm crossing my fingers.

ikeepitrealok
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ikeepitrealok »

urmotherwasahamster wrote:Anyway.

I just stopped taking Paxil (I've been on it for about 2 and 1/2 months) and let me tell you, I am having the absolute WORST vertigo I've ever experienced. It was okay the first day off the medication, but now every time I stand up (or attempt to, rather) I feel like I'm falling backwards. I honestly don't know how I'm going to function tomorrow if it gets worse. I've heard so much shit about withdrawals from Paxil and I'm worried. :|

Oh, and I'm starting Prozac now, as well as birth control. Just updating to let anyone who's wondering about the drugs know about side effects and such.

I take Paxil as well and have experienced the same balance issues along with the queasy-ness that was supposed to go away after awhile but mine has stuck around and it feels like I'm sea sick or on a boat, I hate it.

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

ikeepitrealok wrote:
urmotherwasahamster wrote:Anyway.

I just stopped taking Paxil (I've been on it for about 2 and 1/2 months) and let me tell you, I am having the absolute WORST vertigo I've ever experienced. It was okay the first day off the medication, but now every time I stand up (or attempt to, rather) I feel like I'm falling backwards. I honestly don't know how I'm going to function tomorrow if it gets worse. I've heard so much shit about withdrawals from Paxil and I'm worried. :|

Oh, and I'm starting Prozac now, as well as birth control. Just updating to let anyone who's wondering about the drugs know about side effects and such.

I take Paxil as well and have experienced the same balance issues along with the queasy-ness that was supposed to go away after awhile but mine has stuck around and it feels like I'm sea sick or on a boat, I hate it.
How long have you been taking it? If it's been a month or so and you're still experiencing that, you should ask the doctor to switch your medications. I absolutely abhorred standing up when I had vertigo, I seriously just wanted to sleep all day, but then I started having the feelings in my dreams...it was just weird. Fuck you, Paxil. .-.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

I still feel like absolute shit

I never want any meds ...

I feel worse than I do when I actually HAVE anxiety

I can't even concentrate and I have exams next week :x

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

AN0N. wrote:I still feel like absolute shit

I never want any meds ...

I feel worse than I do when I actually HAVE anxiety

I can't even concentrate and I have exams next week :x
I think you would benefit more from seeing a therapist than taking medication.

AN0N.
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by AN0N. »

Definitely true.. couldn't agree more.

My doctor shouldn't of jumped to conclusions like that.

ikeepitrealok
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by ikeepitrealok »

urmotherwasahamster wrote:
How long have you been taking it? If it's been a month or so and you're still experiencing that, you should ask the doctor to switch your medications. I absolutely abhorred standing up when I had vertigo, I seriously just wanted to sleep all day, but then I started having the feelings in my dreams...it was just weird. Fuck you, Paxil. .-.

I asked the doctor and all she did was prescribe me stomach meds to line my stomach and make it more like a "slow dissolve pill" which has helped a lot but I still get it terribly sometimes.

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

AN0N. wrote:Definitely true.. couldn't agree more.

My doctor shouldn't of jumped to conclusions like that.
It's odd because most doctors see it as a process; therapy and then medication if the therapist deems it necessary. They wouldn't even discuss medications until I started therapy :/ I think your doctor is looking for an easy way out, so I suggest a new one (if possible)

Post by Guest »

Anyone here taken Clonezepam or Fluvoxamine before?

BrittanyXo
Learner
Learner

Post by BrittanyXo »

I'm 14 and I have severe anxiety. I have since I was only a toddler. I've been homeschooled for the past two years because of it, next year is freshman year of highschool and I'm going back to public school. I'm so nervous to go back, but it's what I really want to do. I don't want to take medication for my anxiety, so I'm on my own.

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

MangoPuddingchuu wrote:Anyone here taken Clonezepam or Fluvoxamine before?
I think I'm taking Fluvoxamine, I'm pretty sure that's the other name for Prozac (don't quote me on this).

highhappyfree
Learner
Learner

Post by highhappyfree »

I think I'm taking Fluvoxamine, I'm pretty sure that's the other name for Prozac (don't quote me on this).
I've just been prescribed Fluoxetine, was told it's another name for prozac. What are your guys experience with it? I have 20mg.

I've also been referred to mental health services for counseling, hopefully that's a step in the right direction with the pills and will help a lot.

urmotherwasahamster
Gossiper
Gossiper

highhappyfree wrote:
I've just been prescribed Fluoxetine, was told it's another name for prozac. What are your guys experience with it? I have 20mg.

I've also been referred to mental health services for counseling, hopefully that's a step in the right direction with the pills and will help a lot.
Oh, that's the name for it. Oops haha. I've only been on it for a little less than a week, so I can't really say how it's affected me :( I'm still getting over the withdrawals from Paxil.

Post by Guest »

highhappyfree wrote:

Oh, that's the name for it. Oops haha. I've only been on it for a little less than a week, so I can't really say how it's affected me :( I'm still getting over the withdrawals from Paxil.
I'm forever drowzy while on Clonezepan and it gives me weird dreams every night I took it. That was 100 mg. Surprisingly the weird dreams stopped when I took 200 mg. My psychiatrist took me off Clonezepan, he said I was unsuitable for it and he prescribed me with Fluvoxamine.

Fluoxetine is also a SSRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) but is less potent as Fluvoxamine( the one I'm prescribed with) The side effects I suffer from taking this includes diarrhea (6 days :sadm: ), nausea and food aversion... Does any of you suffer from the same side effects when taking Fluoxetine/Prozac?

(Btw I don't have anxiety disorders, I have depression. The med I'm taking now is also used to treat anxiety disorders and I figure out maybe you guys here had some experience with the side effects and whatnot. :) )

Return to “Mental Health”