https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
KittenKaboost
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Scary stuff make me anxious..is that normal

Post by KittenKaboost »

Hey everyone sorry if the title sounds stupid, I didn't know what to call it.
I enjoy watching horror movies sometimes but there are some that I avoid like Haunting in Conneticut because it's based on a "true" story, and it scares me even though I know it's not real. I I'll stay up till seven in the morning sometimes or sleep with the lights on in my room. Even when I take a shower I jump in and out of it because I think I hear something. I usually have to mute or turn the channel if something scary comes on. This all probably sounds funny. Does anyone else experience this? Is this normal? I'm trying to avoid horror movies, well most of them anyways.
Well thanks in advance and I hope this makes sense lol

changestyle
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Scary stuff make me anxious..is that normal

Post by changestyle »

Yes I experience the exact same thing! I cant walk up my basement stairs because i think someone is following me and when i wash my face I am scared that when i look up someone will be there. So i just avoid scary movies all together because i freak myself out waaaaay too much when i watch them. When its a true story its always more scary as well. When i watched the haunting of Emily Rose i couldn't sleep for 3 months without completely hiding under the covers.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I'm like that too s:

queenofspades
Learner
Learner

Post by queenofspades »

Yup! I used to experience that all the time! :D I even got to the point where I was so afraid to see a ghost or some other sort of paranormal event I was afraid to wander around the house at night. I know this sounds absoutely ridiculous! I'm not even supersticious but some films really made me kind of paranoid for a couple of days.

The good news is that I've been watching that kind of films for over ten years now and I've become pretty immune. Now it's difficult to find one to actually fasten my heartbeat. The Ring is still my favourite.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Usually I laugh with horror movies and they don't scare me, buuuut it's a whole different story when I turn off the lights, suddenly I'm scared of everything and I start to remember some parts of the movies.

KittenKaboost
Talker
Talker

Post by KittenKaboost »

Diorette wrote:Usually I laugh with horror movies and they don't scare me, buuuut it's a whole different story when I turn off the lights, suddenly I'm scared of everything and I start to remember some parts of the movies.
I hate when that happens. My mom always asks me before seeing a scary movie (she's my movie buddy lol) "are you sure you won't get scared tonight? This looks a little scary". I always tell her no but when night falls I have to sleep with the lights on, under my blanket with my glasses on lol.

Thanks guys for the responses though! I'm trying hard to avoid horror movies but that's my favourite genre to watch.

Return to “Mental Health”