https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
alcoholicferrets
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Habits + daily things that cause you anxiety

Post by alcoholicferrets »

Suspiria wrote:Aww. :( I have a really soft voice too. And I used to be super insecure about it as well. When I was a kid my siblings would constantly mock me so much I became scared to talk for awhile. I also forgot to mention how much I dislike shopping, especially with people. Like I'm always hanging out with friends, going to stores, etc but I usually never buy anything because I'm super super indecisive about choosing what to pick out (specifically with clothes), without constantly going back and basically scouring the entire store to make sure I made the correct decision. But if I have to seriously shop, I need to be alone, I don't even care about having a second opinion.
Shopping is the worst! Especially clothes and shoes shopping. I get so impatient and bored because I never buy stuff (I can rationalize myself out of buying almost anything) and have to wait for others while they browse at a leisurely pace. I don't think it's an anxiety thing for me though. Probably I'm like the stereotypical men who hate to go to shopping with their wives/girlfriends. I see them taking all the seats in stores/malls, smh.

pizza
Learner
Learner

Post by pizza »

I'm surprised so many people said eating in front of others makes them anxious. If I'm in a public place like a restaurant or a cafe, I just cannot eat alone. Maybe I can list being alone in a restaurant as giving me anxiety. But other than that nothing really makes me anxious.
When I'm nervous or angry or just stressed, I turn 'red'. My cheeks, my ears and my whole face turns red. I don't like that, because it gives away that I'm nervous when I'm trying to hide.
One habit is, when I'm nervous I put my hand on my chest. Actually on the neck, a little above the chest with my palm facing my neck.
I become anxious when I'm waiting for a phone call, a text message or waiting for a friend at a cafe or mall.
I'm not very conscious of my looks. I'm average looking. I'm 21 but I look 16. I'm conscious of my voice though. I sound like a tween, and people don't take me seriously when I'm angry.
When I was younger, I hated my freckles..but I like them now.

hollaatmegurl
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by hollaatmegurl »

Thought of another one today, when someone is standing next to or near me while I'm sitting.

Winter song
Informer
Informer

Post by Winter song »

I am very soft spoken as well and it can get quite annoying since the majority of people don't listen to anything anyone is saying unless it's being screamed at their face. I work in retail and we play really loud music. as most retail stores do, and my voice can easily be gone from screaming at customers all day just to hear me. I know some people have voices that carry very well and are generally loud and that's great but it is SO annoying when people are constantly telling me to speak up and repeat myself when I know I am talking at an audible voice. Like shut up and pay attention and you will hear me. On that same note, I never really know the 'right' thing to say so I tend to answer something very generically or stay out of conversations in general because I never want to say the 'wrong' thing making people hate me.

I'm the totally same with shopping, but a little worse. I can spend over an hour buying hair ties. I need to check the entire selection, multiple times. I hate feeling like I'm not getting what I am paying for so I need to make sure I am getting exactly what I want and for the right price. I am super particular and I tend to know exactly what I am looking for so I spend a lot of time circling the same section over and over trying to find exactly what I want and I will drive to multiple locations until they close looking for what I want. I don't feel nervous telling people this or saying 'this is going to take forever' but I can feel really embarrassed when employees try to help me or notice me literally inspecting every single thing of whatever I'm looking for to make sure I get one that has the best quality and hasn't been tampered with and wonder what the hell I am doing and why I care so much which pack of hair ties I end up with.

Probably my biggest source of anxiety though is my paranoia. I can't even go into detail because that's how paranoid I am.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

I already listed all my anxiety causing things, but definitely having a mild anxiety attack today because I just remembered that with my upcoming surgery, there will be an IV involved (EEK). Needles in my skin is one of my biggest phobias, right up there with bees. Just the thought of it makes me feel in a panic.

So I just called the doctor's office and said I'll definitely need some drugs before I come in for surgery or they'll never get a needle near me. :grump:

Return to “Mental Health”