https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dating with Anxiety

Post by MalinaNox »

My anxiety makes it really hard for me to get over stuff and move one. Last week, I went with a guy and I really liked him. He wanted to hook up and I was not ready and things fizzled out after. I'm not sure if he was just really looking for a hook up or if he just wasn't that into me. I was really into him but there was also some stuff that I don't think I would be comfortable with. Knowing all of this, I still seem to think about him constantly. For me it always just seems like time is the only thing that leads me to fill the over thinking with something else. I go to therapy and am on medication but the overthinking just never ends especially when it comes to getting rejected by guys I like. Does anyone else go through this?

blondeebabii
Wallflower
Wallflower

Re: Dating with Anxiety

Post by blondeebabii »

i've been with my boyfriend for 9 months & i still get terrible anxiety when it comes to certain situations. like over thinking something that he said that really meant nothing or worrying about what he's thinking when i do something & always wanting to look good in his eyes. anxiety is such a difficult thing to deal with :( just know that if a guy doesn't like you for who you are, then he's not worth being with. or you feel like his intentions are just a hook up, get out of there because no one deserves that :bkiss:

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

Thank you. I'm done with him. I just wish I would stop thinking about him. lol

Loilee
Learner
Learner

Post by Loilee »

Have you talked to your therapist about your over-thinking?

I've had (and have) issues with mental health and it can feel like an elephant in the room - when do I tell them, how will they react, etc. I can also over-think something seemingly innocuous sometimes too but apart from talking to the person I also find writing about it in a diary or whatever helpful.
But usually I end up being closed-off and reluctant to let others in most of the time. Even after 5 years with my boyfriend there are still things I don't talk about with him.

Anyway, well done for getting rid of the loser. :D

MalinaNox
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by MalinaNox »

I did talk to my therapist. She reminded me that there is never a set time limit to get over things. That is where a lot of my over thinking comes from. I get made at myself for doing it which causes me to do it more. So logical, right?!

Return to “Mental Health”