Being in a Relationship With Someone of A Different Religion

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: Being in a Relationship With Someone of A Different Reli

Post by catcherintherye »

Bunny wrote:
catcherintherye wrote:I think there is no place for religion in a child's life. They don't have the discerning ability to be able to make such a big decision.
I think it's fine to have something that kids can grow up with as a guide and based off that, when they're older they can decide whether or not they want to stick with it. My brother and I both grew up in Christian churches and I stuck with it while it looks like he's pushing it away.
I cannot stand going to church and witnessing the brain washing that goes on there. I have been to 3 and they were all the same. Man! The pastors love to bash Islam. What a lame strategy to promote your religion. The Christian god must be better than that.
A lot of churches nowadays are just megachurches that beg for tithing which pisses me off, mainly the reason why I don't go to church anymore and just watch a pastor from another state that's really good on TV. Church shouldn't just be about ~loving others~ and that's all there is to it, it should be about conviction, imo. Pastors will bash Islam because in their qu'ran (sorry if I spelt it wrong - in a rush) it does say to turn against Christians/people who don't believe in Islam or something along those lines. I don't know specific quotes off the top of my head but I've researched it before. Regardless, don't let pastors ruin your image of what Christianity is - there's a ton of shitty pastors and people who make us look like horrible people (westboro baptist is a prime exampl

But this isn't a religion thread so I'll stop here.
But Christianity is turns people against every other religion! Most old ladies in my husband's family say if you are not Christian you are going to hell. If you want to be 'saved' you better 'accept Christ as your savior'. Christian missionaries are very aggressive in other countries, especially in south Asia. They have converted millions of people which has led to riots in sone places like India. I agree with your tithing comment. Going to the church is a very frustrating experience for me. I do like the live music though.

catcherintherye
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catcherintherye »

Again, I am sorry for the typos. My phone is ridiculous. I don't want to start an argument on religion so I'll stop too. :D

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

Some pastors do tend to make it seem like every other religion is derived from the devil, yes, and that's another thing that irks me lol. The thing about being saved or you go to hell thing is kind of found in all religions, or most, though. I guess ours is just more seen because of all the protests and crazy people that like to make us look bad. :roll: But no worries, I do understand where you're coming from.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

General question to those who are religious; would you raise your children religious? I would never force them to be religious but I would probably take them to church with me, if they told me they didn't want to go anymore or didn't believe in God then I would obviously stop and respect their beliefs.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Been thanked: 0

Post by Angie V »

I was raised Catholic, but I don't have any issues with other religions. BUT if I brought the guy home and he wasn't Catholic or Christian or at least agnostic, my parents might flip out. Lol. oh well.

edit:
oh man, I read the post above mine and I agree, I couldn't date a really religious person either. religion can't be the center of his life.
imma ball til the day i fall

Return to “Religion”