There's probably no God...

Bluffology
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: There's probably no God...

Post by Bluffology »

To oxprincessxo , I think that's the reason why religion was invented in the first place (my opinion). I definitely see the good side of believing in a God. I understand the lessons behind the bible stories, the ten commandments & the beatitudes, even if you don't believe in a God it is still something great to live by.

But religion just isn't just that anymore. It has turned into "God's mission for me is to go protest at solider's funerals and spread the word about gays." or the "testing faith" story SallyCinnamon was talking about.

"God will guide me in the right direction." "God already has a plan for us from the time we're born til we die." "God has a soul mate picked out for me." "God is always there for me." All of these are such comforting thoughts, so who wouldn't want to believe in a God?

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

It does, if you think about it, take a good deal of responsibility away from you in regards to your own life. I am with the many atheists that believe religion was made out of fear.

Informer
Informer

Post by 8123 »

I agree that there is probably no god. However, I'm all for religion if it makes you a better person. Unfortunately that's not always the case.
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell.

well wait idk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by well wait idk »

HattieChaos wrote:It does, if you think about it, take a good deal of responsibility away from you in regards to your own life. I am with the many atheists that believe religion was made out of fear.
it definitely 100% was

LadyKaiko
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by LadyKaiko »

@8123: I don't believe religion makes people good. I believe good people make good people. There are plenty of people that I know that are Christians and have horrendous personalities and hearts. It's ironic and sad.

moomin.
Debater
Debater

Post by moomin. »

I think anyone that says "God is love" needs to go read their fucking bible again.

Return to “Religion”