Halloween Makeup Help

yellowcookiemonster
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Halloween Makeup Help

Post by yellowcookiemonster »

Hi guys! I need some advice on what makeup to wear on Halloween. I have a general idea of what i want but am unsure on a few things. I'm going as Red Riding Hood and am wearing a red cape, white top, black skirt, black stockings and black boots. I am going for kind of a smoky look, i guess you could say? I am definitely wearing red lipstick, black liquid eyeliner (no wing), and black eyeliner on my top waterline ( I think that is what it's called?).

Should i wear black eyeliner on my bottom waterline too?

I also don't know what to do for eyeshadow, I have the first Naked Palette which i really want to use but I'm not sure if i should go for smoky gold, "normal" smoky or some basic matte browns.

I am pale with green eyes, yellow undertones and brown hair if this is of any help to you.

Any advice would be appreciated ! :D <3

LianaMia
Wanderer
Wanderer

Re: Halloween Makeup Help

Post by LianaMia »

This depends. If you're going for a smokey look people generally do wear liner on their bottom waterline as well, however if you're trying to make your eyes look bigger, or going for the more wide-eyed, "innocent" red riding hood look (thought I'm assuming you're not since you're doing smokey eyes), skip it. I'd also suggest grabbing a pair of false eyelashes, especially to make Halloween makeup pop and look more dramatic. I personally would skip the gold, or just use a little bit of it. while blending or by the corner of your eye. I too have the naked pallate and there are some great smokey eye tutorials using it on YouTube.

LianaMia
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by LianaMia »

Oh, and I'd also use a bit of red or burgandy in the crease to blend out the smokey eye, so you have a hint of red to go with the costume- reds can work REALLY well if used sparingly to do a smokey eye and give it extra dimension.

yellowcookiemonster
Debater
Debater

Post by yellowcookiemonster »

LianaMia wrote:This depends. If you're going for a smokey look people generally do wear liner on their bottom waterline as well, however if you're trying to make your eyes look bigger, or going for the more wide-eyed, "innocent" red riding hood look (thought I'm assuming you're not since you're doing smokey eyes), skip it. I'd also suggest grabbing a pair of false eyelashes, especially to make Halloween makeup pop and look more dramatic. I personally would skip the gold, or just use a little bit of it. while blending or by the corner of your eye. I too have the naked pallate and there are some great smokey eye tutorials using it on YouTube.
Thank you for the help!

canyounot24
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by canyounot24 »

Put some eyeshadow where you'd put outer eyeliner (not waterline) and draw it as though you're trying to make your eyes bigger, and put some skin toned eyeliner in the waterline :) try that and draw on lashes on lower line :)

yteri
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by yteri »

Try do some more doe eyed makeup looks like that typical kind of 60's makeup and draw on some exaggerated bottom lashes with some liquid eyeliner

Return to “Halloween”