Halloween!

laurie
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Halloween!

Post by laurie »

how do you celebrate halloween? trick-or-treating, passing out candy, going to parties, or staying in and enjoying the discounted candy?
if you don't celebrate, why?

and do you dress up? if so, what are you going to be?

(kind of early, but i was inspired by macbarbie07's halloween tutorial. plus, i got a costume catalog in the mail and burning a pumpkin candle and it's the first day of fall in north america, so i'm totally in the mood right now :P)

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: Halloween!

Post by paperbackwriter »

I don't think they celebrate it in this country ;_;

Last year I went trick or treating with my boyfriend, and that was fun. And then we threw a goth themed party and listened to Bauhaus and watched a movie, don't remember which. Maybe Night of the Living Dead? I think I was a cat.
The year before that I got shitfaced and have no recollection of the entire weekend, Thursday to Sunday. No clue what I dressed up as.
In high school I went to a few parties, and stayed home a few times to pass out candy. Before that I always went trick or treating.

If I could dress up this year, I would like to be Margot Tenenbaum or the soldier from TF2.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

Every year we would go to a friends' house for a big party, but he sold his house and so far no one has yet picked up the mantle to host a halloween party, which is a shame because I could always recycle my Starfest Convention cosplay costume for Halloween.

On thing I definitely like to do is watch Rocky Horror - it's my favorite Halloween movie.

worldofchances
Talker
Talker

Post by worldofchances »

I know this probably isn't a popular opinion, but I have always thought that Halloween is a bit... weird. Like knocking on strange peoples doors for lollies? I'm a naturally suspicious/paranoid person, so that might be why. I'm pretty sure we don't really celebrate it here anyway so it's not really a big deal.

~~♥above it all♥~~
Informer
Informer

Post by ~~♥above it all♥~~ »

I usually help pass out candy and then steal my brothers after he goes trick or treating. And then I watch Disney halloween movies the rest of the night.

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperbackwriter »

I ADORE Rocky Horror. That is definitely something I can do this year.

Sonia
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Sonia »

I live in a college town and there's one street with all of the popular shops/restaurants/etc. that people usually go to on Halloween in costumes and just sort of mill around.. it used to be quite big with around 80,000 people per year, but it started getting out of hand with drunk people and weapons so now they've implemented security and last year there were only around 25,000. I'm not sure if I'll go this year. It's fun to go and see all of the costumes, but it's a pain to park anywhere and becomes somewhat redundant after going several years in a row. All of my friends are currently studying abroad or in another part of the state so I doubt I'll go to any parties either.

Last year my roommate and I were Daphne and Velma from Scooby Doo. Also last year I filled ~30 treat bags with candy and did not get a SINGLE trick or treater. :( I guess that's the downside of living in an apartment complex.. I can't wait until I get my own home! I loveeee Halloween. I've already put decorations all over my apartment. Someday I want to have a "haunted house" for people to walk through. :love2:

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

I always went trick or treating! Last year I went to a Halloween party with my friends and it was eh. I dressed up as "Skele-Gaga" (If you've seen the Born This Way music video, it's her at the end dressed like a skeleton). Anyway, my wig kept sliding off so all night was constantly pulling it back on my head or adjusting it :-x

This year I probably won't do anything. Halloween's on a Wednesday this year so it's a school night for me.

BrunetteBarbie
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by BrunetteBarbie »

I think I'm going to a party... Love Halloween

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

If I do dress up for Halloween this year, I'm dressing up in my Doctor Who cosplay costume.

princessvoldemort
Informer
Informer

Post by princessvoldemort »

I dress up and hand out candy. Every year, there's a huge Halloween party on State Street down in Madison, but I prefer to stay at home. The last time I went trick or treating was when I was 12.

mommyoftwogirlsca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mommyoftwogirlsca »

I have two kiddos so we will be taking them out for trick or treating. My five year old has been talking about halloween for months. She wants to be the girl from brave. I'm not going to be dressing up my hubby is going as piccolo from dragonball z and my baby will be dressing up as some cute animal. I used to love trick or treating when I was younger I also enjoyed giving out candy to the kids.

xxstrawberry
Debater
Debater

Post by xxstrawberry »

My boyfriend and I aren't doing anything special for it, we're really just not into halloween at all. We'll probably be going out that night so we won't have to be aggravated by kids banging on the door.

Chelsea
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelsea »

Probably dressing up and going to the bar/a house party this yr. Last year was chill though... I just stayed home and watched halloween movies! The blair witch project is my fav haha.

nothinggold
Informer
Informer

Post by nothinggold »

My boyfriend and I pass out candy to kids in the neighborhood. That's really all I do, we may carve a pumpkin this year.

Nixie
Learner
Learner

Post by Nixie »

Halloween is my favorite day of the year, way before Christmas, and even my birthday. Usually, my costume is ready by October 1st, and I start watching Halloween movies by then as well. Last year, it cost me over $150.00 to decorate, which is really just what I added to the already existing and inherited decorations... It's also my friend's birthday, so we usually have a huge bash and we celebrate with a whole lot of liquids...

Needless to say, this year will be really dry for me. My friend moved up in another region, and I don't think I'm going to drive all the way to celebrate with her on Halloween, I'll probably just take it easy, carve some pumpkins with the kids, make pumpkin pie with the family and hand out candy at my sister-in-law's house. No decorating outside this year, there aren't any kids in our new area. It's a sad, sad year... :(
ForeverGracie

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

So far I have no plans. Just a college student who might stay home and eat candy all night.

azealiabanks
Debater
Debater

Post by azealiabanks »

paperbackwriter wrote:I don't think they celebrate it in this country ;_;

Last year I went trick or treating with my boyfriend, and that was fun. And then we threw a goth themed party and listened to Bauhaus and watched a movie, don't remember which. Maybe Night of the Living Dead? I think I was a cat.
The year before that I got shitfaced and have no recollection of the entire weekend, Thursday to Sunday. No clue what I dressed up as.
In high school I went to a few parties, and stayed home a few times to pass out candy. Before that I always went trick or treating.

If I could dress up this year, I would like to be Margot Tenenbaum or the soldier from TF2.
super cool! I love bauhaus.

I dont really do much. Im trying to get my friend to go with me on halloween so we can be Agent Mulder and Agent Scully

nariboo
Talker
Talker

Post by nariboo »

allof the above lol

nariboo
Talker
Talker

HALLOWEEN

Post by nariboo »

So halloween is coming up and i just dont know what to do. My boyfriend want me him and our son's costume to incoporate each other but i cant think of anything. Keep in mind that he is oly 4 months andt that its a limit on what he can actually wear.

Any thoughts? :)

Return to “Halloween”