Halloween!

Kleineganz

Re: What are you dressing up as for Halloween?

Post by Kleineganz »

Doctor Who! (or rather a mix of several different doctors, both old and new). I wore this earlier this year as a cosplay at a sci-fi con.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Halloween!

Post by Alka »

ok, now my friend is throwing a Halloween party and i'm going, but I can't be bothered with proper outfits and all that, any advice of a cool Halloween getup from the things you already have around the house?

fukou
Debater
Debater

Post by fukou »

how old are those of you that are still going trick or treating? i'm 21 and i feel a little silly still trick or treating with my little brother but it's just a lot of fun for us and i can't give it up tbh. i only feel weird because i'm afraid my neighbors will be like "wtf, arent you a little bit too old as goddamn dirt for this?" most people think i'm about 15-16 but like 1 or 2 of my neighbors know i'm older.

Kleineganz

Post by Kleineganz »

fukou wrote:how old are those of you that are still going trick or treating? i'm 21 and i feel a little silly still trick or treating with my little brother but it's just a lot of fun for us and i can't give it up tbh. i only feel weird because i'm afraid my neighbors will be like "wtf, arent you a little bit too old as goddamn dirt for this?" most people think i'm about 15-16 but like 1 or 2 of my neighbors know i'm older.
I don't go trick-or-treating, but I do dress up to go to Halloween parties. However since you're going with your little brother, it should be ok. Many parents go trick-or-treating with their children, and may even dress up as well.

DarthCassie
Informer
Informer

Post by DarthCassie »

I am going as Indiana Jones I will post a picture on Halloween! :)

sous les étoiles
Informer
Informer

Post by sous les étoiles »

Diorette wrote:
sous les étoiles wrote:My parents never let me celebrate Halloween because "Christians don't celebrate it" and "it's the devil's holiday". One of the hundreds of things I missed out on as a child.
Not trying to be rude but that's quite stupid :/ I'm catholic and I would never think like that
It's not rude because it is stupid. I pretty sure my church is the only one that feels that way. I've never heard of Christians being aganist it.

DealWithIt
Learner
Learner

Post by DealWithIt »

sous les étoiles wrote:
Diorette wrote:
sous les étoiles wrote:My parents never let me celebrate Halloween because "Christians don't celebrate it" and "it's the devil's holiday". One of the hundreds of things I missed out on as a child.
Not trying to be rude but that's quite stupid :/ I'm catholic and I would never think like that
It's not rude because it is stupid. I pretty sure my church is the only one that feels that way. I've never heard of Christians being aganist it.
I know a lot of Christian families against it! :|
ImageImage

XiWang
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by XiWang »

We don't celebrate halloween in my country. I do see a few pumpkins and children dressing up, but it's not something big. It's kind of sad, because I have always wanted to attend a halloween party! :D
But we have something else here called fastelavn, which is similar to halloween. It's in february and children are dressed up and hitting barrels full of candy, just like a piñata. But that's only for children (and not adults :| )

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

XiWang wrote:We don't celebrate halloween in my country. I do see a few pumpkins and children dressing up, but it's not something big. It's kind of sad, because I have always wanted to attend a halloween party! :D
But we have something else here called fastelavn, which is similar to halloween. It's in february and children are dressed up and hitting barrels full of candy, just like a piñata. But that's only for children (and not adults :| )
that's for saying goodbye to winter and welcoming spring right? most of europe has that celebration :)

XiWang
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by XiWang »

Alka wrote:that's for saying goodbye to winter and welcoming spring right? most of europe has that celebration :)
Yeah, I actually didn't even know that. In school and at home they only told me to dress up and beat the crap (candy) out of the barrel, and if I broke the barrel then I would be the "king of cats" (yeah I know.. That sounds pretty strange)

Nostalgia
Informer
Informer

Post by Nostalgia »

Probably not doing anything exciting for Halloween, since everyone's too cool to do anything except get drunk and party. That's not really my scene. :/

Chelsea
Talker
Talker

Post by Chelsea »

I decided I wanted to do nothing but now it looks like I am going to be going to a friends party then bar aftahhh. But since I was under the impression I wasnt going out now I need a costume last minnnnnnnnnn ugh

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

I have a party today and I'm gonna be a demon since I don't want to buy a costume and I'm lazy as fuck.
But I'm gonna celebrate it next friday watching horror movies with my friends and on halloween day I'll stay at my house if I don't find anything interesting and I'll give candies to kids.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

XiWang wrote:
Alka wrote:that's for saying goodbye to winter and welcoming spring right? most of europe has that celebration :)
Yeah, I actually didn't even know that. In school and at home they only told me to dress up and beat the crap (candy) out of the barrel, and if I broke the barrel then I would be the "king of cats" (yeah I know.. That sounds pretty strange)
yeap, dressing scary, wearing masks (is a must), burning a scarecrow and eating loads of fatty stuff (pancakes mostly) before lent starts and treat-or-treating as well! that's what people do in eastern europe

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

My boyfriend wants to be Jasmine and Aladdin.

I kind of want to be Elphaba (wicked witch of west)

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

I'm going to a partyyyy, and I'm going as a pilot. :)

Morena_p
Informer
Informer

Post by Morena_p »

I went to a Halloween party on Saturday, and it was SOOO much fun. I was dressed as a sexy kitten.

MakeupGirly
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupGirly »

It's funny the UK and pretty much most of the rest of Europe don't really celebrate Halloween, but here in Ireland we celebrate it as much as the US. Probably because Halloween started here around 100AD. Maybe that's how it got to America :) I went to a fancy dress at a night club last night, dressed up as an angel. On Halloween night I'm cooking some Halloween themed food for my family. I have three younger brothers and sister still at Trick or treating age. Here usually people stop trick or treating at about 12 or 13. I'm going to dress up as a vampire and go to the local bonfire for a little while. Then probably watch horror films and Halloween specials.

peachesnoranges
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Re: Miss Florida

Post by peachesnoranges »

nothinggold wrote:Carry around a stuffed alligator or somehow rig one to be like eating your leg?
I think your idea for costumes is really cute!
Haha I love Bill Nye on twitter! :D

MakeupGirly
Informer
Informer

Post by MakeupGirly »

My pumpkins I carved, taken from my blog :)

Return to “Halloween”