What is the WORST gift you've ever received?

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: What is the WORST gift you've ever received?

Post by Fairycake »

This thread made me realize that ive never received a gift that i thought was shit and that i always get pretty thoughtful things or stuff that people just knew i would like. Im not massively obsessed with getting gifts, so maybe im just grateful for whatever i get haha.

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

This thread is too funny, lol.

Between the ages of 7-10 I was obsessed with Hilary Duff, she was my favorite celebrity ever. One year for Christmas, I believe this was Christmas 2004, one of my relatives told me she had gotten me a real autographed poster of Hilary Duff--awesome right? I was so flippin' excited, I nearly shat myself right then and there but there was just one problem: she didn't have it. She told me it was at her apartment (She lived 2 hours from me) and she "forgot it" when she came up to visit for the holidays. When I saw her again a few weeks later and asked where it was, she said "Oh, it's in my friend's car! I'll get it to you, I promise!"

Welp, I ended up never getting it; she even lied for at least 6 months about where it was, and always had a new excuse every time :roll: the last excuse was that when she was moving home from College, it got "lost" with all of her things. I ended up just forgetting about it, which is what I'm sure she wanted me to do. Turns out, she never got me anything that year for Christmas and had to make up a lie really quick to keep me from getting upset. Even though it was a really cold thing to do--lying to a child like that--I actually have a good laugh about it now, 10 years later and I plan to use this story at her wedding next year. Think I've forgotten? We'll see about that :tu:

wildtype
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by wildtype »

My aunt once got me a pack of 20 mini bottles of bubbles for Christmas.. it was literally like $2 from the dollar shop.

Ilsa Lund
Informer
Informer

Post by Ilsa Lund »

My mother in law gives me things she already used and doesn't want :? Like she gives me the ugliest handbags and shoes.

Kizz
Informer
Informer

Post by Kizz »

When I was 8 my aunt bought me a batman pencil case and 4 cans of deodorant

go_further
Informer
Informer

Post by go_further »

idk if this counts as a "gift", but in middle school, some very religious guy from my neighborhood decided to give kids pencils, a ruler and raisins for halloween. Wtf. His house ended up getting egged haha

Fairycake
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by Fairycake »

Kizz wrote:When I was 8 my aunt bought me a batman pencil case and 4 cans of deodorant Image
Oh my god i laughed out so loud at this, im sorry. Hahaha aww :rofl:

Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 0222 »

When I was younger my grandma sent me a box of clothes for Christmas or something and they were all size XL. Um, I was only tubby....not obese. Thanks, Grandma.

sha1234

Post by sha1234 »

A book on women's Lib... From an Xmas gift exchange, not a secret Santa. I was so Fucking pissed. I had spent over the limit and got a super cute tea mug, with tea samples, mesh strainer and a ceramic lid

Anonimal
Talker
Talker

Post by Anonimal »

This isn't as bad as some of the gifts people have gotten on here, but here goes.

So when I was younger (about 9-10), I went through a phase where I really liked horses. I would go shopping with my family and buy a ton of things with horses on them. Anyway, that phase ended when I was about 11, and I was sick of having tons of horses everywhere. Come Christmas that year, I receive a horse-themed package from my uncles. Come Christmas next year, I got a horse clay statue from my great aunt. Come my 14th birthday, another horse statue from her, this time a bust. It got to the point where my dad was calling my family and telling them I wasn't 10 anymore, and I wasn't obsessed with horses anymore, either.

Granted, the statues are beautiful (I still have them), but I would have preferred something else.

socialight
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by socialight »

A bag of clothes that were hand-me-downs from a cousin I didn't know that well. Her mother never liked my mom and so she gave me her daughters over used clothes which were either torn, ripped or stained. It was a huge insult. We ended up just giving it to goodwill and throwing out what wasn't salvageable.

parisienne
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by parisienne »

Finding out my long distance boyfriend of over 3 years was seeing another girl and had feelings for her... on Valentines Day... through Facebook. Best VD gift to this date.

HoneyBooBooBear
Debater
Debater

Post by HoneyBooBooBear »

Two used hand watches from my aunts. I didn't even receive anything from my parents but they felt so obliged and 'Forced' to give me something, two used chinese hand watches with faded leather from the world's finest horders I know, they could've sent a text congratulating me or probably sent nothing in the first place :FU:

LaLocaDeLosGatos
Learner
Learner

Post by LaLocaDeLosGatos »

Yesterday my crush tried to impress me with Swarovski earrings, it was a nice gift except for the fact that I do not have my ears pierced. I do not blame him because where I live it is extremely rare to see girls without their ears pierced but still I am mad that he did not noticed. Anyways I refused to have them exchanged for something else and gave them to mum who loves them.

aloha12
Debater
Debater

Post by aloha12 »

This thread is hilarious :rofl:

I worked in a pizza shop owned by turkish men when I was 14 and one of the them, who was about 10 years older than me, had a crush on me and he brought me a blender for christmas :-|

Post by Guest »

when i was 14 or 13, i don't remember, i got a box of matches.

Return to “Holidays”