New Years Resolutions

hellukittu
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Years Resolutions

Post by hellukittu »

FaeSolo wrote:For 2013 I just want to go to San Diego Comic Con. So I guess my resolutions are to save money, and do my best to look the best that I can because dammit, I will look good in my costume!

Also, to accomplish a dream I had a few months ago. In it, I was at a party at SDCC and Darren Criss did jello shots off of me in my slave Leia costume. Um... so yeah, I want that to happen ;).
aah i want to go to comic con so bad, but i don't live in the states :x
another one i forgot to mention is that i want to get my second and third tattoo this year. pretty sure i'm gonna get the second one done in january
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

Min
Informer
Informer

Post by Min »

My resolutions:

- Find a way to work out without aggravating my knee (I have a torn meniscus right now)
- Travel to the southwest or northwast, like Arizona or Washington
- Try more types of food and cuisines, go to more unique restaurants
- Take some makeup classes
- Study filmography
- Make a short film, even if I hate it in the end lol
- Get certified as a personal trainer
- Start pampering myself more! Need to force myself to stop dressing like a homeless bum, style my hair more, get a massage, etc.

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

scrap my other resolutions, i figured out what i really need to do

stop giving a shit about what other people think of me or how they see me.
seriously, idk what i was thinking all these years. no one really knows me at this point, not my family or closest friends because i've been so self-conscious and paranoid about everything

and for what? i don't know. i honestly don't even know. so fucking stupid.
imma ball til the day i fall

paperbackwriter
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by paperbackwriter »

I have a lot and most of them are reading-related but that's just me.

1. Like everyone, lose a bit more weight. About 15 more pounds. I lost a lot of weight last year so I know it's doable. I'm going to do it by cutting portion sizes. I know it'll take longer but when I came abroad I got really stressed and got back into stress eating.
2. Either work things out with my boyfriend the way I want it to be or end it.
3. Read 50 books. I was going to say 100 - but I have to write my senior thesis this year. Sigh.
3a. I want at least 20 to be from the Rory Gilmore book list :P that is my goal, to eventually read them all.
4. Read all the Harry Potter books in French.
5. Blog and write more.
6. Post more consistently on my YT channel.
7. Get the other tattoo that I've been thinking about for a long time.
8. Do whatever the fuck I want with my hair.
9. Come up with a good topic for my senior thesis. Sobs. This one is kind of cheating because I actually have to.
10. Find a job that I enjoy doing.
11. Read every single book that I've purchased previously that has just been sitting on my damn shelf forever.
12. Learn to knit, for real this time.
13. Finish watching LOST, The Office, and Gossip Girl because I never finished either series.
14. Finish 'all' unfinished book series that I've started. As I was looking at my list I realized there are a lot that I am never going to read, like the Clique and things I read when I was a little kid. So I've picked out the ones I can feasibly do without making myself crazy (hopefully): The Chronicles of Narnia, Divergent trilogy, Chemical Gardens trilogy, Chaos Walking trilogy, the Thursday Next series, Pretty Little Liars, Twilight, the Millenium Trilogy, the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Percy Jackson, and Gossip Girl. I think a lot of these are doable because I've got one book left in the trilogy but for some of the others I'll have to reread the whole series because it's been forever. I think those are the easier ones though.
15. Go to more football matches live than I went to last year! I went to two last year and I've already been to one this year so I think it'll be good.

worldofchances
Talker
Talker

Post by worldofchances »

So I decided it might be a good idea to cross off the goal when I achieve it. That way I can see my progress etc. So far:
worldofchances wrote:Thought this could be quite a cool topic. Usually I don't bother making any New Years Resolutions but I do have some goals for next year.

- Get my drivers licence.
- Buy a car.
- Get a job so #2 can be possible ha.
- Get a tattoo.
- Get my anxiety under control, or at least make some progress with it.

Nixie
Learner
Learner

Post by Nixie »

hellukittu wrote: [*]lose 1kg (already lost the other 3, and it's basically the last one i need to lose) by the way, everyone who says that they want to lose weight - you should set your goal on how much you actually want to lose. if you're very vague and just want to lose some weight, it'll be harder to reach your goal
Actually, setting up a weight goal isn't exactly the best way to go about losing weight. Normally, you would do so by exercise, and since everyone's body shape is different, and muscle weighs heavier than fat, if I were to say (and this is a IRL experience of when I was 18-20) "OH! I want to drop to 120lbs!", I'd be sorely disappointed. My muscle mass made me look like 125, but I weighed 140 lbs, and believe me, that was the tiniest I could have ever gotten. "Smaller" than that wouldn't have been healthy. I was actually happy about my weight, although it hadn't changed drastically (I started at 145, after a ton of injuries and a full year doing nothing due to injuries), my body had.

I think most youngins think about numbers, but really, the goal should be to be healthy through food and exercise.

Which I am, I just have this human being growing inside, and that tends to leave marks. That's what I am personally worried about... :/
ForeverGracie

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu »

^that's interesting, i read about setting the goal weight from some magazine, and it has worked for me, but then again i don't want to lose a lot of weight either, so setting my goal weight has worked for me so far. i guess everyone finds motivation from different things :)
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

Forever Eccentric
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Forever Eccentric »

* Make dean's list this semester
* get my license before 2014

bluejohnson
Learner
Learner

Post by bluejohnson »

- Get more tattoos
- Get through depression
- Work out more
- Be happy more
- Work harder in college

GoGoYuBari
Informer
Informer

Post by GoGoYuBari »

Same thing, different year. Lose weight...lose weight...lose weight...LOSE WEIGHT!! I would love to finally make that happen this year so I can finally take it off my resolutions list in the future.

Username
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Username »

Most people are simply posting their to-do lists, not their resolutions. :lol:

Izabella

New Year Resolutions!

Post by Izabella »

What are your new years resolutions?

I'm one of those people who always made vague new years resolutions like lose weight or study harder but never really went through with it. I've decided I'm going to be more serious this year around and accomplish everything I want to for 2014, there's so many things I want to change for next year. I find physically writing a list helps. I wrote my list in my planner/agenda book thing.
Also, I want to have the bragging right in years to come that I've accomplished every single NY resolution I've ever set. That way, when I keep making them in years to come, I know it'll be possible for me to accomplish it. I just want to better myself and a new year seems like a good time to start.

I even started some resolutions this month.

Anyway:
- Work out 5x a week (been doing it 3x a week lately but I want to increase it to 5x)
- Cut out sugar/fake sugar: chocolate, sweets, aspartame, soda, etc. (cold turkey other wise I won't go through with it, I use stevia to sweeten my coffee but that'll be it). This one's going to be the hardest for sure but I really want to say on December 31st 2014 that I officially haven't touched sugar in a year. Plus this, with working out, will probably help me shed some fat I've been wanting to lose forever.
- Get above 80s in each course
- Stay off all my social media platforms (possible- already been doing that this past month. Deleted twitter, deleted instagram off my phone)
- Quit YouTube (already did- deleted my account yesterday) and maybe eventually quit this board ( :( :( :( :( :( )
- Read more and watch shows less (already doing it with my new kindle)
- Fix my sleeping schedule for good and stop being such a lazy ass that chooses to sleep for 10+ hours instead of accomplishing things
- Save most of my money by avoiding shopping unless I absolutely need something. I feel like quitting Youtube will help with this too, so I won't be as tempted to go buy the new foundation or get inspired by hauls to go blow all my money at a mall. This year I was absolutely horrible with money, I saved nothing and blew it all on clothes and makeup. I blame Youtube, going to malls "just to browse" and just a general lack of will power. Also, buy less food especially at school, and try to bring food from home.

Souleste
Talker
Talker

Re: New Year Resolutions!

Post by Souleste »

Mine are a bit simple and typical:
1. Lose 15 lbs by next year (I plan to lose it really slow so I can easily maintain the weight after that)
2. Drink tea everyday (which I have actually accomplished for the month of December and I hope to be consistent with it)
3. Apply sunscreen more often

Here are some videos that get me motivated to change. I URGE you to watch them:

This video is all about science but it really stresses the fact that we as individuals are so small and insignificant. This Earth revolves around a single star, a star that is one amongst billions of stars in a single galaxy, and a single galaxy among trillions of galaxies in the universe. And who knows? Maybe there are other universes. When I try to really put things into scale, I feel small.

Then I like to direct myself to this wonderful quote by Carl Sagan:
"And after the earth dies, some 5 billion years from now, after it's burned to a crisp, or even swallowed by the Sun, there will be other worlds and stars and galaxies coming into being -- and they will know nothing of a place once called Earth."

This all just motivates me to say "fuck it". To not stress the little things, to do everything I want to accomplish because this is it. As an atheist it also motivates me to just fucking do it 'cause this is all the living I'll ever get and I'm gunna fucking enjoy myself.

This video is from my favorite youtuber, AnnaAkana. It's a quick video about setting goals and accomplishing them. And for those who aren't very familiar with her, don't worry, it's just a 2 minute video. She's not that type of youtuber who rambles for 4 minutes about their daily life before actually getting on with the video. It's very clean, concise, and straight to the point.

Oh, and the fact that 95% of Resolutions fail, help motivates me more so I can be a part of that exclusive 5% 8-)

Angie V
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Angie V »

Souleste wrote:Mine are a bit simple and typical:
1. Lose 15 lbs by next year (I plan to lose it really slow so I can easily maintain the weight after that)
2. Drink tea everyday (which I have actually accomplished for the month of December and I hope to be consistent with it)
3. Apply sunscreen more often

Here are some videos that get me motivated to change. I URGE you to watch them:

This video is all about science but it really stresses the fact that we as individuals are so small and insignificant. This Earth revolves around a single star, a star that is one amongst billions of stars in a single galaxy, and a single galaxy among trillions of galaxies in the universe. And who knows? Maybe there are other universes. When I try to really put things into scale, I feel small.

Then I like to direct myself to this wonderful quote by Carl Sagan:
"And after the earth dies, some 5 billion years from now, after it's burned to a crisp, or even swallowed by the Sun, there will be other worlds and stars and galaxies coming into being -- and they will know nothing of a place once called Earth."

This all just motivates me to say "fuck it". To not stress the little things, to do everything I want to accomplish because this is it. As an atheist it also motivates me to just fucking do it 'cause this is all the living I'll ever get and I'm gunna fucking enjoy myself.

This video is from my favorite youtuber, AnnaAkana. It's a quick video about setting goals and accomplishing them. And for those who aren't very familiar with her, don't worry, it's just a 2 minute video. She's not that type of youtuber who rambles for 4 minutes about their daily life before actually getting on with the video. It's very clean, concise, and straight to the point.

Oh, and the fact that 95% of Resolutions fail, help motivates me more so I can be a part of that exclusive 5% 8-)
Isn't that the opposite of what this video is about? Neil talks about how a lot of people feel small when they think about the scale of the universe but he thinks that people are big and significant because we are made of the same atoms that the stars and the rest of the universe is made of.
imma ball til the day i fall

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

Souleste wrote:
Haha I want to be part of the 5% too!! I want to change to better myself but also bragging rights would be a nice little perk :oops:
And thanks, I'm watching the Anna Akana video right now.
Also as part of my read more resolution, I plan on reading more "self-help" books about motivation and positivity. And also listen to some inspiring podcasts as well.

Souleste
Talker
Talker

Post by Souleste »

Angie V wrote:
Isn't that the opposite of what this video is about? Neil talks about how a lot of people feel small when they think about the scale of the universe but he thinks that people are big and significant because we are made of the same atoms that the stars and the rest of the universe is made of.

Lmfao yeah, I haven't watched that video in a while, all I remember from it was the Cinematic Orchestra music playing behind cliche artistic shots while he talked about our significance in space.

But no matter how much I put myself into his perspective I cannot feel big.

I guess you can do whichever inspires you more. Both thoughts are fascinating. Either feel obliged to do something because you are small and insignificant, or feel big and powerful because the remains of dying stars cooked in nebula's to form our sun, then later a whole functioning solar system, which later, out of all odds of asteroids crashing together combining the perfect elements and conditions to later create you.

@Vclean: They say if you tell everyone you know what your resolutions are, you are more likely to commit them. (Something about avoiding embarrassment)

lacrymosa
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by lacrymosa »

I'd like to start making more of an effort when it comes to getting into make-up. But i think i tell myself this every year, i'm pretty lazy when it comes to make-up and don't really wear any at all. Probably about once a month..

Aubade
Debater
Debater

Post by Aubade »

- Go to my GP and get new birth control
- Get a less fucked up sleep pattern
- Be nicer to people (hopefully with new birth control I will be able to control my moods)
- Work out 2/3 times a week and watch my sugar intake

zumbalover
Debater
Debater

Post by zumbalover »

-lose some weight
-be happier and more positive about things
-try to get all good grades
-get out more (I'm such a homebody)

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

-Stick to my diet (I've stuck to it 6 months, I wanna go for more!)
-Be happier
-Do things I've never done
-Go places I've never been
-Make new friends

Return to “Holidays”