Favorite Holiday Food/Drinks

thelovelywar
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Favorite Holiday Food/Drinks

Post by thelovelywar »

So it's the time of the year where the candy that seems weird to have the other months of the year are accepted. Any favorite? (not talking about only candy that is pepperminty or something like that, could be any!)

I hate that the white/dark chocolate orange balls only are seasonal! The ones you break and its just white chocolate with orange flavoring. So yummy!
Hope to hear your favs! :love2:
Image Image

Kleineganz

Re: Favorite Holiday Food/Drinks

Post by Kleineganz »

My favorite goodies are all traditional German holiday treats, stollen (a sweet bread filled with dried fruits and covered in powdered sugar), lebkuchen, pfeffernuesse, aniseblaetzchen. My relatives in Germany send me an entire packge full every year. I can't wait! :D

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

White peppermint mocha's from Starbucks, omg so good. Peppermint bark, gingerbread, spiced gumdrops (Only eat them at Christmas time), etc.

Diorette
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Diorette »

Those oreos covered in white fudge, we have them all year round but for some reason I don't feel guilty eating them now.

xxstrawberry
Debater
Debater

Post by xxstrawberry »

Gingerbread latte from starbucks, hot chocolate, Christmas sugar cookies, and the amazing ham that my mom makes for Christmas dinner.

thelovelywar
Informer
Informer

Post by thelovelywar »

All of those so delicious! I don't drink coffee, weird considering I live in the city where starbucks was created. But I loved their Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate! I used to buy one everyday in the morning before high school because it was soo good.

Kleineganz you'll have to send some to me! Because that sounds so appetizing, I would love to try that! :P
Image Image

xxstrawberry
Debater
Debater

Post by xxstrawberry »

I've never tried any kind of hot chocolate from starbucks, but that sounds amazing!

Hannah Rose
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Hannah Rose »

Can someone tell me what peppermint tastes like? I've never had anything peppermint flavored and I'm super intrigued because it's everywhere on the internet around Christmas...

As for me, my favorite holiday food is foie gras and anything with chestnuts (especially marrons glacés)

thelovelywar
Informer
Informer

Post by thelovelywar »

Do you know what menthol is? Like it could be in the cough drop or a vapor rub? It's sort of a cool spicy taste to me (not menthol but peppermint). Where do you live Hannah Rose? Like what country?

Trust me the hot chocolate is to die for! Literally, it's so good but so bad for you. Hahah
Image Image

BornThisWay94

Post by BornThisWay94 »

Hannah Rose wrote:Can someone tell me what peppermint tastes like? I've never had anything peppermint flavored and I'm super intrigued because it's everywhere on the internet around Christmas...

As for me, my favorite holiday food is foie gras and anything with chestnuts (especially marrons glacés)

Peppermint is minty, yet sweet. Idk how to describe it lol. Definitely not hot or spicy. It tastes very cool

Primadxnna
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Primadxnna »

-Pernil
-Tembleque
-Coquito
-Anything Peppermint
:love2:

Blueberry
Informer
Informer

Post by Blueberry »

Peppermint bark
Hot chocolate
Hot Apple Cider
Ginger snaps
Sugar cookies
Snow cruch popcorn
Pretty much any candy cane MINUS the peppermint ones, i don't like those at all, lol.
Caramel popcorn
Chocolate covered cherries
Red hots lol

Hannah Rose
Lurker
Lurker

Post by Hannah Rose »

Haha, not gonna lie, it sounds weird! But I'll try it if I ever have the chance :)

thelovelywar: I live in France (where peppermint isn't very popular)

yum-martini
Informer
Informer

Post by yum-martini »

Gingerbread lattes ♥♥♥

thelovelywar
Informer
Informer

Post by thelovelywar »

I'm not talking about spicy like jalapeno spicy. There is a kick in there with the mint, it's really similar to just a regular green mint. You could prob. find peppermint tea online :)

If I could I would send you my peppermint extract that I have!
Image Image

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

BornThisWay94 wrote:White peppermint mocha's from Starbucks, omg so good. Peppermint bark, gingerbread, spiced gumdrops (Only eat them at Christmas time), etc.
They have peppermint flavoring all year round at Starbucks just in case you didn't know, so you can get it whenever! I only drink peppermint drinks from Starbucks around Christmas though haha. :)

thelovelywar
Informer
Informer

Post by thelovelywar »

It just doesn't seem right to drink a peppermint drink in the summer haha. My sis got me hooked on chai tea lattes, I never buy em I just make them at home with some concentrated Chai Tea from Tazo and add some milk, heat it in the microwave, wala! Cheap but yummy latte
Image Image

kittykat

Post by kittykat »

thelovelywar wrote:It just doesn't seem right to drink a peppermint drink in the summer haha. My sis got me hooked on chai tea lattes, I never buy em I just make them at home with some concentrated Chai Tea from Tazo and add some milk, heat it in the microwave, wala! Cheap but yummy latte
Totally with you on that!

Uhlizubeth
Informer
Informer

Post by Uhlizubeth »

Chocolate oranges that OP mentioned. I have had four of those this month. I LOVE THEM. I also eat a lot of things with pepermint . But I do year round since york patties are ny favorite candy. Pepermint hot coacoa is my favorite :D

whoa

Post by whoa »

If you have used mint flavored toothpaste (the blue kind not green) then you will have an idea of what peppermint tastes like.

Peppermint Mocha (I use the coffee creamer in some decaf occasionally since I can't have regular coffee right now)
Family Chex Mix - we have a chex mix we make every year in December.
Apple Cider : warm in the winter and cold in the fall
Pilbury Sugar Cookies: the ones that have the snowmen, santa, or snowflakes in the middle. I know that they make them for all holidays but they are by far my favorite Christmas cookie for some reason ha.

For those who like the Salted Caramel Hot Chocolates from Starbucks and also like Coffee I suggest the International Delight creamer that is Salted Caramel Mocha. When you put it in your coffee it tasted just like hot chocolate but has the caffine from the coffee. I use it every once in a while when I have some decaf coffee (damn pregnancy again ha) and it is delicious and much cheaper then Starbucks.

Return to “Holidays”