Spotify for example.

tanamojojojo
Talker
Talker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Christine Sydelko

Post by tanamojojojo »

Entire tour got postponed. Not suprised.

siggy
Learner
Learner

Post by siggy »

tanamojojojo wrote:Entire tour got postponed. Not suprised.
"Postponed" lol. Drew is never going to go. They should either just completely cancel or have Christine do it with Chris Klemens or someone.

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

tanamojojojo wrote:Entire tour got postponed. Not suprised.
I'm not surprised. She can't carry an entire tour on her own. She needs people with actual talent to help sell tickets and keep butts in seats. Also, the fact that she retweeted the tweet from the touring company as the only notification from her - i.e., no clarifications, explanations, or anything from her about the cancellation - speaks volumes of her professional abilities.

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

This tour will never happen. I really never thought it would. I sincerely hope Drew gets the help he needs! Christine is just so lazy and what is she going to do on a tour? I don’t get why or how this idea even came to fruition because it’s not like she’s some super famous YouTuber that everyone is dying to see live. I’m glad Drew pulled out because i immediately thought something like this would be really stressful for him. Not like I’m claiming to know his psyche or anything but he’s been open about some of his issues and this tour seems really daunting for someone dealing with that type of thing.

siggy
Learner
Learner

Post by siggy »

Do you guys remember a year ago when she posted a heartfelt announcement that she was going to get gastric bypass and take time off to focus on her health? Then she deleted it and has never mentioned her obesity again except for the monthly "I am being fat shamed" tweets. I wonder if she couldn't commit to the requirements to get the surgery. I would love to see her make a video genuinely opening up about it all.

bakr22
Lurker
Lurker

Post by bakr22 »

i hate that she always feels the need to respond to hate like.... just ignore it lmfao she acts like she’s the only person in the whole world to ever receive hate. and another thing that really bothers me is when she attacks someone and then when they respond she acts so offended as if she wasn’t the one to start the argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

siggy wrote:Do you guys remember a year ago when she posted a heartfelt announcement that she was going to get gastric bypass and take time off to focus on her health? Then she deleted it and has never mentioned her obesity again except for the monthly "I am being fat shamed" tweets. I wonder if she couldn't commit to the requirements to get the surgery. I would love to see her make a video genuinely opening up about it all.
I was wondering about that too!! She just never mentioned it again. I was so proud of her. Now I’m wondering if it was some sick joke. Cause clearly she’s not doing the liquid preparation diet or anything like Boogie2988 did for his.

glittertorres
Informer
Informer

Post by glittertorres »

I think she deleted it, but she had just tweeted an article specifically about how fat shaming in the doctor's office can be physically and mentally hurtful. Bet the same can be said for bald shaming :roll: At least she deleted it I guess.

tchock92
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tchock92 »

It’s sucks that she gets fat shamed and made fun of for being fat but this literally happens to everyone. I don’t think people are totally wrong when they say she relies on being fat for jokes, but low key I feel like she does. Self deprecating jokes only go so far and then you really start to look at someone and agree with them.

siggy
Learner
Learner

Post by siggy »

I actually don’t think she would joke about her weight. She seems very sensitive and perpetually offended about it. When she uses the rest of her appearance as a punchline, though, of course people are going to lump it all together. What I don’t understand was her nonchalance (or pretend nonchalance) towards the Katy Perry video, where her weight was actually truly “shamed” and made fun of as opposed kids just mentioning the word fat, which is the end of the world for her.

LethalPoison
Learner
Learner

Post by LethalPoison »

I used to really like Christine, but she has now shown that she has the "overly offended millennial" mentality. I am a millennial myself btw. It is a very irritating aspect of her personality because generally speaking, comedians or funny people normally aren't like that. Part of the gig is that you make jokes and laugh about things. You are able to comment on the world around you but make it humorous. You are able to comment on your self and make it humorous, thats the personality comedians tend to have in my experience. Whether the humor is vulgar, offensive or whatever else thats what comedy is these days whether she likes it or not. With all that being said I don't think Christine will ever be a real comedian or anything that involves that type of culture because she can't handle it. She gets offended and not just by fat jokes.

Speaking of her being fat, she is. She needs to accept this, own it and move on. Or she needs to lose weight. Those are literally the only options. I don't think it's in good taste of people making whale jokes directly towards her, because obviously she knows she is fat. Saying that someone is a fat piece of shit whale who is worthless , is fat shaming. Acknowledging the fact that someone is severely overweight, and mentioning that they would benefit from losing some weight, is not fat shaming. It is common sense. I am aware that weight is literally like the most sensitive topic for us women so it seems, but at some point in your life you need to grow a thicker skin and either A. own it and stay the same or B. fix it

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

LethalPoison wrote:I used to really like Christine, but she has now shown that she has the "overly offended millennial" mentality. I am a millennial myself btw. It is a very irritating aspect of her personality because generally speaking, comedians or funny people normally aren't like that. Part of the gig is that you make jokes and laugh about things. You are able to comment on the world around you but make it humorous. You are able to comment on your self and make it humorous, thats the personality comedians tend to have in my experience. Whether the humor is vulgar, offensive or whatever else thats what comedy is these days whether she likes it or not. With all that being said I don't think Christine will ever be a real comedian or anything that involves that type of culture because she can't handle it. She gets offended and not just by fat jokes.

Speaking of her being fat, she is. She needs to accept this, own it and move on. Or she needs to lose weight. Those are literally the only options. I don't think it's in good taste of people making whale jokes directly towards her, because obviously she knows she is fat. Saying that someone is a fat piece of shit whale who is worthless , is fat shaming. Acknowledging the fact that someone is severely overweight, and mentioning that they would benefit from losing some weight, is not fat shaming. It is common sense. I am aware that weight is literally like the most sensitive topic for us women so it seems, but at some point in your life you need to grow a thicker skin and either A. own it and stay the same or B. fix it

Christine is the definition of someone who can't take what she gives out. I was actually shocked when I first saw her tweets ages ago getting defensive at negative comments, I thought she'd be able to take mean comments better since she makes a lot of jokes at other peoples' expense. Like a Bianca Del Rio type, they roast the shit out of others and can take getting roasted in return - and know when it's a just a troll or not. But nope she seems to be pretty delicate about it and can only deal with fans thinking everything she does is hilarious and iconic.
To be fair though, whether it's actually fat shaming or not, telling someone they'd benefit from losing weight is really unnecessary (especially when multiple people do it). Anyone who's overweight, especially at her size, knows that. It's so tiring when people use that whole "I'm concerned for their health" excuse, no one gets to that size by accident and she's no doubt been told the health issues for years now.

mizcracker

Post by mizcracker »

didn't somebody say she tweeted about going to the consultation or whatever but then ended up not going through with it? honestly, i'm glad. surgeries where a huge part of your stomach is removed is not normal or healthy. and it for sure won't fix her binge-eating problem.

i don't like to speculate too much but i think what she needs in her life is good therapy and structure. oh, and someone who isn't a yes-man and supports her self-destructive ways.

bayway
Informer
Informer

Post by bayway »

Anyone else hates her podcast? She is so awkward in it (I can't tell if she does it on purpose to seem reletable and Grace Helbig-y or not) and it gives me anxiety. Conversation is not flowing naturally at all and she just doesn't know how to talk to guests properly.
...yikes

zibeoh
Talker
Talker

Post by zibeoh »

My god her new video at the Renaissance Fair was just awful. Drunk and high and not funny. I mean you can be drunk and high in a video (it's not ideal, but you caaann) but you have to be funny or at least entertaining in some way. All they did was stumble around talking about how drunk and high they were. We saw barely anything of the actual fair..like there was a lady serving beer and saying funny old expressions, another wizard dressed like Christine and some vaguely belly dancer/Arab inspired performers? Like, I don't even know. Aren't there more interesting things to film at a Renaissance Fair?

WhatUpImJared
Talker
Talker

Post by WhatUpImJared »

The podcasts have been very hit or miss, I like that she's kind of tried to experiment with different structures to see what works (adding Jordan to the mix definitely did NOT). It might be more fruitful if she was somewhat committed to doing her job properly. The newest one with Carly and Erin was actually really good cause I feel like they have common interests and the conversation flowed really well. I liked at the end when they bitched about entitled fans going to their houses
i don't know how 2 read

elah_w

Post by elah_w »

How does Christine make enough money to live? She hardly posts. Her videos really suck. She’s not funny. The only time I liked her videos was when she was doing the Sims with Drew. She really needs someone else to hold her videos for her because she’s lame on her own.

Ammnesia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Ammnesia »

Idk I quite like Christine. She would defo be someone I'd be friends with but I really get what you guys mean about how she is boring in videos, I think it's more she has way more potential she just needs to find her niche imo

sketchqueen
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by sketchqueen »

Christine and Post Malone would be a good couple. They both look like they stank of weed, greasy hair and dirty underwear.

Return to “Christine Sydelko”