Christine Sydelko

FernPyjamas
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Christine Sydelko

Post by FernPyjamas »

Nah she's definitely using him for views. Why wouldn't she just use one of her actual friends for the series? Oh yeah, 0 subscribers doesn't sell shrimp hats. I thought that video of Christine yelling, "I'm a slug!" high was funny -- but not being able to finish your train of thought half the time is absolutely not

Edit to add that most anyone who pays for YT shows is a fool. Like I'm sorry, but I've yet to see a YTber who can actually command a stage. $20? Okay, fine. $50?? Hell no! $120??? I saw Bob Dylan for less than that. No fucking way. No one should be paying that much money to gawk at a YTber they'd otherwise watch for free. It feels a lot less less,"I would really enjoy this show! It seems entertaining!" and more, "What if Christine notices me and I become a YTber? I want her to see me!!!"

ceragresham
Debater
Debater

Post by ceragresham »

j r wrote:ticket prices for the tour are about $50 for ga and $120 for vip. nowhere near as bad as some youtubers but still.. the show is only about 20 minutes long? 20 minutes of content, then standing in line for hours waiting for one photo and one autograph. i’ve gotten floor seats at a full on concert by actually relevant people for the price of VIP here. i’d pay that for drew because he’s actually good at stand up and music, but for christine? no way, i just don’t see how that could possibly be worth the money.
i really feel like she’s using drew to boost her views and make her coin. everyone clickbaits with drew because they know he has a very strong following that will watch any video with him in it because he doesnt upload on his own channel (for example chris klemens recently had him in a thumbnail and he was only in about 20 seconds of the actual video). back with elijah it seemed like she and drew kept the majority of their friendship off camera, but now that her channel needs the help suddenly everything’s with drew. this isn’t like what an elijah & christine tour wouldve been, because elijah & christine was their own brand. “christine and drew” are good as friends, but their content and styles just dont match up enough to have a tour together. but she knows that people will buy tour tickets to see drew, but not for her. idk just something ive been thinking on for a while
to be fair it does say that every ticket gets a m&g. so even ga gets to meet them

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

ceragresham wrote:[quote="j
to be fair it does say that every ticket gets a m&g. so even ga gets to meet them
If general admission tickets get meet and greet, what is even the point getting VIP? They don't seem to have thought this through very well, it mostly seems like Christine's idea as well. I can't really imagine Drew wanting to go on tour with somebody that he has collaborated only a few times with. This tour is very obviously thrown together last minute and the actual show is going to be a complete mess. It will be like Tana's tour where she and her annoying untalented group of loser friends just sat on stage and did a Q&A.

j r
Learner
Learner

Post by j r »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:
j r wrote:ticket prices for the tour are about $50 for ga and $120 for vip. nowhere near as bad as some youtubers but still.. the show is only about 20 minutes long? 20 minutes of content, then standing in line for hours waiting for one photo and one autograph. i’ve gotten floor seats at a full on concert by actually relevant people for the price of VIP here. i’d pay that for drew because he’s actually good at stand up and music, but for christine? no way, i just don’t see how that could possibly be worth the money.
i really feel like she’s using drew to boost her views and make her coin. everyone clickbaits with drew because they know he has a very strong following that will watch any video with him in it because he doesnt upload on his own channel (for example chris klemens recently had him in a thumbnail and he was only in about 20 seconds of the actual video). back with elijah it seemed like she and drew kept the majority of their friendship off camera, but now that her channel needs the help suddenly everything’s with drew. this isn’t like what an elijah & christine tour wouldve been, because elijah & christine was their own brand. “christine and drew” are good as friends, but their content and styles just dont match up enough to have a tour together. but she knows that people will buy tour tickets to see drew, but not for her. idk just something ive been thinking on for a while

I disagree. She must have a much bigger following - tho for the life of me, I do not know why. Also, it does kind of make sense to me that they would do this together, since they probably smoke up together and think they are funnier that they actually are simply because they are high... a lot.
drew actually has the higher sub count, but just barely. but it’s not about the subs, it’s about the views because that’s the money maker. christine has 1.3M but how many of them actually watch her videos? no one ever hypes up a new christine video like they do for someone like tana or even with elijah’s shitty songs. her content is boring and nobody waits for a post notif so they can watch right away, she’s moreso one of those “theres nothing to do so i’m gonna watch this” yters. drew’s following however is very loyal and will consume any content he puts out or that someone else puts out with him - in the chris klemens vid i mentioned for example, a good majority of the comments are some form of “im here for drew”. she knows that even if her own subs wont watch her videos or pay for her tour, she can count on drew’s subs to keep her pockets full. i’ve seen so many peope get excited about meeting drew on tour, and not one person excited to meet christine. it’s sad to see that she’s flopping so hard after her split with elijah but honestly she’s just not charismatic enough to be on her own. that’s why elijah has hardcore stans and she just has followers, she might have that “millennial humor” going for her but she just has no sort of presence at all without a hypeman. and she’s not even trying too hard to do anything about it either, just putting in minimal effort. so disappointing because i was really rooting for her
Lily Laurette wrote:
If general admission tickets get meet and greet, what is even the point getting VIP? They don't seem to have thought this through very well, it mostly seems like Christine's idea as well. I can't really imagine Drew wanting to go on tour with somebody that he has collaborated only a few times with. This tour is very obviously thrown together last minute and the actual show is going to be a complete mess. It will be like Tana's tour where she and her annoying untalented group of loser friends just sat on stage and did a Q&A.
vip gets an extra preshow m&g where they’re supposedly in a more chill “best friend” type environment. seems like it would be a waste though considering the fact that christine is probably going to be stoned out of her mind and drew’s awkward with fans. definitely the worst possible duo for a m&g/tour

silveranima
Debater
Debater

Post by silveranima »

Lily Laurette wrote:
I dont think she's putting any effort in this "tour " thing. In the podcast she said that she has no idea whats she going to do and when shane gave an idea she had someone write it down for her and the dude said "shane what else you got" so I think someone else is doing all the work putting ideas together and what not lol

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

j r wrote: drew actually has the higher sub count, but just barely. but it’s not about the subs, it’s about the views because that’s the money maker. christine has 1.3M but how many of them actually watch her videos? no one ever hypes up a new christine video like they do for someone like tana or even with elijah’s shitty songs. her content is boring and nobody waits for a post notif so they can watch right away, she’s moreso one of those “theres nothing to do so i’m gonna watch this” yters. drew’s following however is very loyal and will consume any content he puts out or that someone else puts out with him - in the chris klemens vid i mentioned for example, a good majority of the comments are some form of “im here for drew”. she knows that even if her own subs wont watch her videos or pay for her tour, she can count on drew’s subs to keep her pockets full. i’ve seen so many peope get excited about meeting drew on tour, and not one person excited to meet christine. it’s sad to see that she’s flopping so hard after her split with elijah but honestly she’s just not charismatic enough to be on her own. that’s why elijah has hardcore stans and she just has followers, she might have that “millennial humor” going for her but she just has no sort of presence at all without a hypeman. and she’s not even trying too hard to do anything about it either, just putting in minimal effort. so disappointing because i was really rooting for her
I can't express how disappointing it's been to see who Christine really is. She's becoming the Elijah in her collaboration with Drew. Her podcasts are painful to watch, she couldn't give less of a shit and is clearly just riding on whatever loyalty she had from her days with Elijah and the excitement around her going solo. At least Elijah was motivated to make a 'social media career' like Tana - regardless of his content, he had the energy and motivation. She's cringeworthy and just not that funny? Now she's leeching of Drew. Shane Dawson seems to be going in a good direction, I miss seeing Drew in his videos.

julez
Debater
Debater

Post by julez »

I listened to all of the three podcast episodes available and I must say: Christine just isn´t a good podcast host.
She had guest (Manny MUA, Shane & Ryland, Tana) that all seem to be easy to talk with, that are funny and stuff. But the podcasts were kind of boring, there were many akward pauses, there was no "vibe" there, she mostly was just asking questions she had prepared before, the talks did not evolve naturally etc.

She also comes of so bored and uninterested herself, not exited to have a guest. She has no ability to amp it up for the podcast.
If you want to make a podcast I guess you must be willing to talk yourself, to tell some funny stories and stuff – and Christine doesn´t really do that.
(Or at least be a great interviewer, which she also is not.)

At this point I would say: just quit it.
(I also hate her voice.)

cat-astrophe
Learner
Learner

Post by cat-astrophe »

I'm disappointed in Christine. I liked her vines and the early Elijah and Christine vlogs, because those were genuine, randomly funny moments. As soon as Elijah mutated into Lil Phag (and the cocky attitude he had all summer 2017) I unsubscribed but still followed Christine on Twitter.

Then she started to become mean and I always got the vibe that she felt superior to Tana and all the other trashy, random YouTubers. I sure as hell dont like Tana and think she's one of the most annoying people on the internet but at least she doesn't seem as mean-spirited as Christine.

The podcast is boring as hell, I dont like listening to her voice and I wish to never see her on my Twitter timeline again
:FU: :FU:

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

It's clear she's in it for the money, but unlike other youtubers/social media """influencers""" she's riding on the last of her popularity of her days vomiting with Elijah, rather than making an effort with her career. People like Tana and Elijah seem to put in a lot of work and try to be creative, regardless of the content or result, they still appear to have some direction for themselves and are trying to produce stuff. Christine is planning a tour based on all the reasons she dragged those Magcon boys for in her old rant video, tbh.

manged
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by manged »

I sat through her Tana episode hoping for some tea about Elijah... There wasn't much. I am interested in this twitter thread about Aries & Capricorns (I think), which she said pretty much described her and Elijah.

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

Seems like Xtine doesnt want to talk much about it. I hope she invites Elijah in a future podcast and both explain stuff, unless their relationship is so bad that they cant stay in the same room.

Also I love how real Tana and Xtine are with their relationship, its so refreshing around the fake bffs of YouTube.

FernPyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by FernPyjamas »

RenaiHunter wrote:Seems like Xtine doesnt want to talk much about it. I hope she invites Elijah in a future podcast and both explain stuff, unless their relationship is so bad that they cant stay in the same room.

Also I love how real Tana and Xtine are with their relationship, its so refreshing around the fake bffs of YouTube.
This would be a good idea, but I have extreme doubts that either of them are mature enough

cheekybones
Talker
Talker

Post by cheekybones »

i’m kinda busy, so I only watched a couple minutes into her latest video - until the audible ad... Chris Klemems really doesn’t do it for my laughter anymore
It’s about her switching to vlogs. Is there any news if you watch the whole video? And is she ditching the podcasts?
She said she wanted to move on from the style of videos she was doing in collabs. I’m in full support because i couldn’t sit through the vast majority of them, don’t even remember who she collaborated with.
this thread be dead so i’m keen to hear what y’all think of that announcement, and if I missed anything from it. who knows, maybe the new vlogs will be frequent and full of potential GG tea
P.s. wondering if the old C&E thread is still active but i’m a little too lazy to find it on my phone right now.
I also don’t mean to gloss over Christine mentioning her depression causing a creative block. i just was not surprised, glad she’s feeling livelier, and sad she was feeling awful the past few weeks.

FernPyjamas
Informer
Informer

Post by FernPyjamas »

Nah the E&C thread ended a while ago. Elijah's solo thread might be semi-active, but I'm unsure.

Is anyone else like, not surprised that she's going back to vlogs?
That big shift in content didn't last long and I'd reckon it's because it's too hard to try to think of dialogue and concept.

She was funnier back when she did vlogs so maybe it's time to admit that Christine has a natural charm and sense of humor, but she's no comedian/entertainer.

WhatUpImJared
Talker
Talker

Post by WhatUpImJared »

I thought the podcast with Grace signalled the podcasts improving in quality but somehow she managed to make the latest one with Drew, the funniest person I know and one of her apparent best friends, completely devoid of substance, direction and humour.
i don't know how 2 read

silveranima
Debater
Debater

Post by silveranima »

I wonder whats she gonna do now that drew is not going to be part of the tour

Post by Guest »

silveranima wrote:I wonder whats she gonna do now that drew is not going to be part of the tour

I just saw on the Shane thread. WTF??? What is she gonna do now, just cancel it?? She can’t do it by herself

WhatUpImJared
Talker
Talker

Post by WhatUpImJared »

I always kinda doubted the tour would really go ahead and was waiting for them to cancel. Drew has obviously not been in a good place recently and hasn't been posting to his channel so I was surprised when they started advertising it more heavily a week or two ago. I really feel for him and hope he gets better
i don't know how 2 read

MadKat9517
Informer
Informer

Post by MadKat9517 »

WhatUpImJared wrote:I always kinda doubted the tour would really go ahead and was waiting for them to cancel. Drew has obviously not been in a good place recently and hasn't been posting to his channel so I was surprised when they started advertising it more heavily a week or two ago. I really feel for him and hope he gets better
I know this isn't a Drew thread, but his mental health issues really concern me. They seem to be so persistent and hold him back from so much. I hope he gets all the help he needs.

pepesylvia
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by pepesylvia »

WhatUpImJared wrote:I always kinda doubted the tour would really go ahead and was waiting for them to cancel. Drew has obviously not been in a good place recently and hasn't been posting to his channel so I was surprised when they started advertising it more heavily a week or two ago. I really feel for him and hope he gets better
tbh it seems like drew hasn't been in a good place in YEARS. or ever. i really like him so i hope he gets the help he needs, i don't really think christine is a good influence on him, i think shane and garrett are better for him but it seems like they dont really see each other much anymore

Return to “Christine Sydelko”