Elijah and Christine

MadKat9517
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Elijah and Christine

Post by MadKat9517 »

prctentious wrote:is it just a stand-up tour? because i don't really know what they'd be doing otherwise, lol
TBH, they might not be sure themselves. They're asking for suggestions for cities to visit, which tells me that the planning is still in its infancy.

Sarahb88
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Sarahb88 »

MadKat9517 wrote:
prctentious wrote:is it just a stand-up tour? because i don't really know what they'd be doing otherwise, lol
TBH, they might not be sure themselves. They're asking for suggestions for cities to visit, which tells me that the planning is still in its infancy.
The asking for cities to go to is pretty common with the Fullscreen Live tours. When it was originally going to be a tour with Elijah they did the same thing.

Most of the tours are centred around a meet and greet and then a brief show on stage. With Drew going I expect he'll be performing music - probably similar to what is on the podcasts with Shane - and Christine will probably do some sort of comedy/stand-up routine.

dramallamalolol
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by dramallamalolol »

Honestly I'd be okay with Christine playing sims 4 the entire time lmao

miserlou
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by miserlou »

Why have the comments been disabled in the tour video?

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

miserlou wrote:Why have the comments been disabled in the tour video?
maybe people pointed out that she was supposed to tour with elijah and she didn’t want the negativity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

miserlou wrote:Why have the comments been disabled in the tour video?
I think to have people send their tour requests using the link instead of them weeding through all the comments
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

Lily Laurette
Debater
Debater

Post by Lily Laurette »

Most Youtubers who do tours really irritate me because you can tell that they literally have no stage presence or knowledge about what goes in to being an entertaining live performer, (cough Tana Mongeau, cough Dan and Phil). However I am completey fine with Chirstine and Drew doing this because they are both gifted comedians and Drew is a musician, so I can definitely see this go well. I just hope it isn't them just sitting down "sharing stories" like the other Youtuber stage shows, that shit blows. I would go and see the tour but I don't live in America sigh, hopefully it goes international lmao

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

I hope it's not like one of those crummy magcon shows, lmao

Post by Guest »

MadKat9517 wrote:
RedLeafQueen7 wrote:Please no one think I'm comparing her to Chris Farley because of her weight, but I was a special about him a few years ago & people said the same about him as we do about Christine on here. They said he would just come out & be such a naturally funny guy & he could make anyone around him laugh. They both have that effect on people. Chris Farley was genuinely an amazing comedian & she really has similar sense of humor as his. I just think she's meant to be a comedian & I just can't shake how much she reminds me of Chris Farley.

Thankfully though, Christine does not seem to have the same issues that Chris had. She seems to be managing her weight, she seems successful in managing her mental health, and she has stopped using substances other than weed (and iirc, she wasn't using the harder stuff in the first place). If she can continue to stay in this positive path, I doubt she will deal so much with the issues that Chris dealt with.
That's true.. he was very depressed & had issues with drugs, but that aside she is very talented & funny much like Chris Farley. She just has that thing about her that makes her a naturally entertaining person just as Chris did. He could literally go on stage & make shit up as he went along & bounced off of other people's wit & comedy well & Christine has ALL of that as well. Minus Chris' issues.. he was an amazing talent & still makes me laugh to this day. Christine just has all that made Chris so memorable. She did right by going to the beat of her own drum. She isn't a wasted talent nor do I see her giving in to drugs or any mental health issues. She's got a good head on her shoulders & seems like she has good support around her too. Chris had management that only cared about the dollar signs, not just his well being & he didn't have anyone to support him or encourage him to get better like Christine. None the less, you're right. :)

Post by Guest »

I hope she does some tour stops at comedy clubs where you have to be 18+. No offense to the youngins' but I hate over crowded places which are usually the venues of all ages. I like the mature atmosphere. I'd go see her live if it were 18+. I'm the same age as Christine so I'd enjoy it being something that just the older audience could go see without it being over crowded with screaming kids. Again, no offense to younger viewers.. I know some are mature. I was pretty mature even before I hit 18.

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

Drew has also done standup so I'm pretty confident it'll be far from Magcon or an overpriced story-time show. I think Christine would be great at standup too. Not sure how involved any management will be in the content of their show, but I think if they're the ones predominantly deciding what will go into it, it'll be ok!

I wonder how much of Christine's audience is over 18?? I agree it'd be cool if she got into gigs at comedy clubs, even just in general, I think it could expand her comedic talent in ways youtube can't.

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

[tweet][/tweet] how many times is he gonna use this corny comeback on trolls also you PAID to be the "mayor" ;)

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

mermaid vic wrote:[tweet][/tweet] how many times is he gonna use this corny comeback on trolls also you PAID to be the "mayor" ;)
lmao, this is sad to read. both the comment and the reply are pathetic.

also...this is why i hate his name:
[tweet][/tweet]

sisinikkole
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by sisinikkole »

prctentious wrote:
mermaid vic wrote:[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>elijahdaniel</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>964623355188994049</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>] how many times is he gonna use this corny comeback on trolls also you PAID to be the "mayor" ;)

[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>BhadBhabie</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>961681559886508032</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
he's so damn annoying. can't wait for the lil phag Danielle broccoli collab :roll:
"I feel like this year is really about like the year of just realizing stuff" ~Kylie Jenner :love2:

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

You know you're a piece of shit when Danielle Broccoli loves you.

fail_dawson
Debater
Debater

Post by fail_dawson »

prctentious wrote:
mermaid vic wrote:[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>elijahdaniel</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>964623355188994049</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>] how many times is he gonna use this corny comeback on trolls also you PAID to be the "mayor" ;)

[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>BhadBhabie</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>961681559886508032</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
Same. Now a bunch of teen girls think its okay for them to use this slur.

prctentious
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by prctentious »

^EXACTLY. God, I hate him so much, lol. It's impressive how he consistently manages to make himself look like a shithead.

motherfickle
Talker
Talker

Post by motherfickle »

I'm straight and even I think it's stupid. Like. I get trying to reclaim the slur, but that doesn't really work when your music is literally "haha I had sex with your dad AND your boyfriend! Look how many dicks I can suck!" You're not doing anything good for anyone by actively promoting the stereotype about gay men being sluts.

kitzlig
Debater
Debater

Post by kitzlig »

I feel like he's going to make a bunch of straight teen girls (pretty sure that's his biggest audience on YT lmao) think it's ok to say phag/f*g because it's a "reference" to Elijah. Like when people think the n-word with an 'a' at the end is ok, or because it's in a song it must be fine.

mermaid vic
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by mermaid vic »

kitzlig wrote:I feel like he's going to make a bunch of straight teen girls (pretty sure that's his biggest audience on YT lmao) think it's ok to say phag/f*g because it's a "reference" to Elijah. Like when people think the n-word with an 'a' at the end is ok, or because it's in a song it must be fine.
people argued this with him when he first came up with it and his rebuttals were always along the lines of "well straight people call me that anyway so"

Return to “Christine Sydelko”