freelee the banana girl/durianrider

kk88
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

freelee the banana girl/durianrider

Post by kk88 »

I have been snooping for a while but never had anything to say but I have recently found these two. I'm newly vegan and I wanted some more info. Long story short a few videos later, I'm repulsed. They are vile bullies every video is of one or both pushing their own lifestyle on others in a passive aggressive way. Also dr always talks over her with his obnoxious way of talking down on people and why is she always naked??? Not to mention their home is a tip, cracked walls, rotting bananas everywhere floor included. What's your opinions on them? Am I the only one who thinks she looks sick, dull hair and skin like an old shoe brush?? :respekt:

PissedOutDQ
Informer
Informer

Re: freelee the banana girl/durianrider

Post by PissedOutDQ »

She's a concern-troll and a nutcase. She has a warped sense of nutrition and I believe promotes EDs. I'm not against fitness, bit what she promotes is unhealthy physically and mentally. She's a bully.

kk88
Learner
Learner

Post by kk88 »

I totally agree, I also saw her recently post a video about 40belowfruity, wow.. they are both hella mean. I agree their diet is unhealthy. Her reasoning is wacked.

bunnybutt420
Informer
Informer

Post by bunnybutt420 »

I'm sorry but she is a fucking idiot.

1. She claimed that periods are toxicity leaving your body and it's great if you don't get them (in a rant about birth control). Naw. Period blood is the lining from your unfertilised womb being shed as you haven't fertilised the egg cell.
2. In a response to a young girl battling cancer (she later passed away, RIP Talia), Freelee urged Talia's mum to seek alternatives to chemo as "CHEMO KILLZ UR BODY CELLZ". Is she fucking serious? Chemotherapy kills a lot of cells, CANCER CELLS INCLUDED. For better or worse, some good cells need to be destroyed in order to kill a life threatening disease. Ugh. I can't.
3. Freelee also claimed that thigh gaps are achievable realistic goals for everyone. Nope. I have a god damned eating disorder and even I know that's not true. Healthy people usually don't have a gap. Freeelee needs to read a god damn body autonomy book.

I am a vegetarian (attempting vegan, have been vegan in the past for at least 1 year at a time) so I have no problems with her cruelty free ideology.

I just do not believe in the spreading of misinformation and lies. She makes a fuck ton of money from these videos and there are people who actually believe in her nonsense. She makes controversial unwarranted 'reply' videos to popular youtubers (ie. 'JENNA MARBLES WEIGHT GAIN?!) just to generate views and revenue.. don't fool yourselves thinking she actually cares

Kitten18
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kitten18 »

I'm also vegan and I find her repulsive. I think she really needs to mind her own business. She's extremely pushy. There's nothing wrong with being vegan but I wish she would use her platform as a more positive place to talk about her lifestyle and not constantly make videos about other people.

kk88
Learner
Learner

Post by kk88 »

:tu: I agree, I just think she has a great opportunity to show people the benefits of a vegan lifestyle, recipes, excercise and clean living but instead she is foul mouthed, pushy and flaunts herself for views. The whole kayla thing is pretty serious and she wants the world to know she's a victim, yet she slates everyone who doesn't agree with her. She isn't a great role model for young people who watch her. I'd seriously be furious if my teen followed her lifestyle.

Dulcet Elixir
Informer
Informer

Post by Dulcet Elixir »

I loathe Freelee to the point that I actually told her off pretty harshly on a comment she posted on someone else's video, which is something I never bother to do unless I'm really, really fired up. She genuinely makes me sick. She pushes all this unhealthy, crackpot advice on people, some of whom I'm sure actually trust her. She's just overall a really garbage person and I can't stand her. I don't care what diet or exercise you enjoy or what alternative medicines you might prefer, but this trashbag is excessive and crazy and she pushes her bullshit on other people.

segLXI
Talker
Talker

Post by segLXI »

I've only seen a few of her videos.Her boyfriends is such a big massive arsehole. She pales in comparison to him. He makes her seem nice :rofl: . She definitely needs to dump him.

I can't stand the way they say arsehole things about other youtubers. who the hell do they think they are? They said blogilates doesn't have a flat stomach when obviously she does and is very healthy looking :/. They are helping people to have bad body image when they claim they are trying to do the opposite and help people with eating disorders. :rofl:

kk88
Learner
Learner

Post by kk88 »

I just can't seem to get over how dirty they both look, really unkempt. Their house is seriously a dive, I would be ashamed to film my house looking like that. Let's not forget that these idiots promote a healthy, clean lifestyle.

Dulcet Elixir
Informer
Informer

Post by Dulcet Elixir »

segLXI wrote:I've only seen a few of her videos.Her boyfriends is such a big massive arsehole. She pales in comparison to him. He makes her seem nice :rofl: . She definitely needs to dump him.

I can't stand the way they say arsehole things about other youtubers. who the hell do they think they are? They said blogilates doesn't have a flat stomach when obviously she does and is very healthy looking :/. They are helping people to have bad body image when they claim they are trying to do the opposite and help people with eating disorders. :rofl:
Probably just jealous of someone who is beautiful and looks in shape instead of sick and shitty inside and out like they are.

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

I'm had it with this maniac...
1. She has a history with ED, her current diet is just a different facade to implement that illness. (No, "not restricting calories" doesn't mean you can't have an ED)
2. I think she fits the clinical picture of orthorexia just perfectly. She's forcefully trying to convert people into her diet system while feeling superior to anyone else who eats differently to her. Her life circles around food and exercise, hmm, so healthy.
3. She is a fucking bully, uses so obviously photoshopped pictures of other youtubers like Jenna Marbles or celebs like Ariana Grande, "Look at how rotund and disgusting these people were/become when they didn't follow/abandoned the vegan life style. Like seriously? If you want to get your point across this IS NOT the way to do it.
4. Even if her diet wasn't controversial in itself since she doesn't have any researched facts to support it but she also believes in every kind of bull crap like "Menstruating is just your body trying to detox itself, I don't have periods because I've detoxicated my self by eating right". No, you don't have periods because you're anemic and under weight. Also she said something about Talia Castellano that she would've survived if she didn't get the chemo treatment, but instead followed the fruitarian diet. WHAT THE FUCK. Also her husband is the biggest douche imaginable, disgusting person.
5. Her minions are all over the youtube????!! WHY? My guts twist when I think how some people might pick up her twisted diet from other girls promoting it. Under every - I guarantee it - single video about food there is a ramble about how you should not eat nothing but carbohydrates etc etc. nonsense Freelee promotes. And they're young girls who do not have the skills to question her teachings apparently, since all the comments like that are poorly constructed and vaguely refer to some sort of research that cannot be found when asked... It is disoriented eating, no question about it. That much simple carbs and sugar is not good for anyone. Sugar can cause inflammatory tissue conditions, it strains your insuline production and all carb/fructose diet is super low on nutrients like amino acids, fats and B vitamins.

Why are there people like her?

kk88
Learner
Learner

Post by kk88 »

Have you guys seen the court vlog? What a trumpet that woman is. Let's not forget the fools who showed up to support them. Who the hell wears shorts and a bike helmet to court?

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

Did somebody sue them? :D *at last*

kk88
Learner
Learner

Post by kk88 »

Yeah Kayla itsines sued them for bad mouthing her and her business partner. They are up at the supreme court in Australia at the moment. Fingers crossed the judge knocks the smug smile off their faces.

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

Blah, I watched the plead for support video -_- Freelee did not look healthy, more like a meth head, to me at least. And well, Durianrider resembles the Green Goblin from inside out... I indeed hope they learn their lesson (which is highly unlikely, taken how presumptuous they are)

kk88
Learner
Learner

Post by kk88 »

I agree, I don't get why people say she looks amazing. She looks sick and Harley makes me hive he's got that creepy guy next door vibe.

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

I'm not vegan anymore but jfc these two make me so mad. She doesn't even look good, if it weren't for the excessive tan and fake boobs no one would listen to her and her boyfriend who looks like a crack addict. She's a quack, she goes around giving medical advice when she has no fucking clue that she's killing people. Eating that much sugar and calories that she claims to can't be healthy for anyone. She prides herself in her blood tests, but they only prove that she's not deficit in anything, it's hard to be deficit when you eat THAT much, taking into account what does and doesn't get absorbed. She's literally the personification of an eating disorder. She doesn't care about health, she cares about being thin and scamming people so she can make money off of it. Her diet really is a glorified eating disorder.

She disguises it well though, and passes it off as 'health' and she kind of guilt trips her followers into thinking that watching her videos and eating like her gives them some higher purpose. When you go to buy her ebook, she has literally written "This investment in your HEALTH will cost you $..." She pretends to be so minimalistic and shuns makeup gurus and people who actually have hobbies and a life outside of food, when in reality, her and her boyfriend are just as much if not more materialistic than most people. She just thinks it's different because it's for her "health". Her and Harley bought like $7000 bikes or something and they say that they "have to have the best equipment because we're investing in our health, don't buy clothes or a phone or a car, buy a $7k bike for your HEALTH, don't buy frivolous things like a SLAVE to the SYSTEM" when in reality it's more like "no you idiot you spent $7k on a bike, and you're trying to justify it". I was like 12 when I first found freelee, I was in my own kind of body dysmorphic rut and I believed everything she said. She wasn't that big back then, and this was back when she was 100% raw so she was even worse.

Most of her viewers are young teens and they don't really look into things, they just want to get out of their own disordered eating patterns, sadly all freelee does is guide them to another eating disorder. And to make things worse, now that she name drops people constantly, more and more people are watching her and spreading her bullshit around. There's this other girl in the raw food thing called Izzy Davis, she's 17 I think and she came from an eating disorder and thought it was weird that just about everyone else eating like that came from eating disorders, hellooo? It's because you're subconsciously looking for a different, easier to explain and justify eating disorder.

She has no fucking clue about anatomy or really anything to do with actual science and not the psuedo science she comes with eg "losing my period for 9 months must be healthy because it felt good" well duh no one likes periods, I take the pill so that I only have them like 3 times a year, of course not having a period feels good. Because having a period feels like shit. That still doesn't make it healthy to suddenly lose your menstrual cycle for 9 months (girl you sure you weren't pregnant?) And how she says thigh gaps are an evolutionary advantage because your thighs don't chafe when you run? What? I have a thigh gap naturally and I can assure you, having the constant cold feeling in your crotch along with not being able to put things on your lap, isn't an advantage in the slightest. :roll:

That was when I finally started to realise she was full of shit. That and her "peeing clear in a bucket 12 times a day" bullshit. She just sounds like some kind of psycho hippie. I remember she made some video a while ago (I think it's been deleted) saying "be your own doctor just eat fruit vegetables don't take paracetamol unless your arm gets cut off" :? It just sucks that so many other young impressionable girls will follow her. I swear everyone in the raw vegan diet is so deluded. Freelee is one of the fakest people I've ever seen on yt, she even promotes tanning beds, probably because if she didn't tan she'd look about 80 with her dead, malnourished skin. Same with the fake boobs, I have nothing against plastic surgery but she claims to be ~all natural minimalist~ when she literally has lumps of silicon in her chest. If it weren't for the boobs, her body would look even more emaciated, straight up and down, and bony. No one would listen to her 'advice' if she didn't cover up what she actually looks like naturally. :FU:

catmeowkun
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by catmeowkun »

fuck that was long jfc why

Eastsiderider
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by Eastsiderider »

Yes the tan and boobs really trick the eye, but you can she how she really is from her face...

It makes me so freaking sad when young girls get into her nonsense, the worst is that many times the message ends with "I used to have trouble with my eating/had an eating disorder, but not anymore, thanks to Freelee!" Nope, you still suffer from disoriented eating.

Has she posted her sugar levels? I'd be very interested in that. Also if it really is the holy grail and not a fad diet, why not invite some objective scientist to research the diet and their lifestyle? Why doesn't anyone want to do a follow up and record their experiment with the diet?

Her going around being this "holistic healer" is so fucking ridiculous. I'm baffled why people don't have enough wit for not to fall into that :-/ Maybe if you're a young, insecure impressionable girl she may appeal but are all her fans like that? Some people prefer to believe in pseudoscience instead of following a healthy vegetarian or even omnivorian diet if they choose so... If your pee is clear you're drinking too much (I wouldn't like to see what her stool is like x__x)

The main struggle for me is that this has been build to be like somekind of fucking cult, extreme anything is bad for you. Their ideas are dangerous and very extremist, sick.

EDIT: Also, how is it even possible for a person doing office work to eat freaking 50 bananas a day? :D What if all people ate 3kgs potatos a day, 50 mangoes... Not to forget it's ridiculously expensive to eat fruit in such large quantities but how is that a sustainable diet for ALL the people on the earth :D It's very priviledged way of living, but they are just some humble hippies you know...

Kitten18
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Kitten18 »

As I said above I'm vegan but the whole only eating bananas and eating that many a day seems insane to me... I come from an E. Asian background and most of the traditional dishes I grew up eating can be easily made without animal product. It's never been difficult for me since I've always eaten a more healthy diet but couldn't even attempt that? I mean, only eating bananas for years and years? I would get so tired of it.

Return to “freelee the banana girl”