pewdiepie

Locked
User avatar
takingouttrash
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1089
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:57 am
Has thanked: 156 times
Been thanked: 1034 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by takingouttrash » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:19 pm

Can he cut ties with CinnamonToastKen already? He's being used by that fat purple stain on society and his wife Mary is loving it. Pewds, stop being a fucking gullible shit and ditch him. Fucking can't stand the videos he puts out with him in.

User avatar
KittyGussip
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by KittyGussip » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:32 am

I think its because they were friends for few years and when you like someone you tend to see their good sides in these times of need
maybe he just want to help him? ( but I really dont think he deserve it :roll: )
Image
All hail the Vegan queen ! :respekt:

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by romr211 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Well, just when we thought that Felix was gonna distance himself from white supremecists, he says the n word (with a hard r) during a livestream. :?

https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6
Image

User avatar
meowlizzz
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1875
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:08 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by meowlizzz » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 pm

Image

User avatar
illegal_mind
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Posts: 5788
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:17 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 500 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by illegal_mind » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:52 pm

romr211 wrote:Well, just when we thought that Felix was gonna distance himself from white supremecists, he says the n word (with a hard r) during a livestream. :?

https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6
like i said the other week when he rennounced the neo nazis:
illegal_mind wrote:he might no longer be making jokes that land him on the nazis' good side, but he'll most definitely keep making all sorts of offensive edgelord type jokes filled with sexism, homophobia and racism
The Internet knows all your secrets
Image

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by romr211 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:05 pm

There are actually people defending him with the excuse that "Oh, he was playing a video game and he got angry and it was just the first thing that he said!!! That doesn't mean he's racist!!! It was just a one time thing!!! It just slipped out!!!"

1) When I and other people I know get angry at a video game or anything else, the first word that comes out isn't the n-word with a hard r.

2) I understand that sometimes people slip up. A few years ago, before I started learning more about racial issues, I used the n-word in my vocabulary. It was the reclaimed version of the n-word (the one with a soft a), and I thought it was ok for me to use because I was never actually calling black people that word in a degrading way (I pretty much used it when I was singing along to rap music and when I was addressing people in a "my homie" kind of way). I realized that it still wasn't ok for me to use because even though I'm a POC, it's still only a word that only black people have the right to reclaim, and I stopped using it. Did I have slip ups? Of course, but it was only a few because I made the conscious effort to not use it. If someone slips up, I think I would be willing to forgive them if they address the fact that they made a mistake and apologized immediately (although it's not really my place to decide if someone should be forgiven for using anti-black slurs).
I don't think it was just a slip up for Felix though. First of all, he's said the n-word before, and he's never made a sincere apology about using the word, never admitted how wrong it was to use it, and never said that he would make sure to never say it again. His apology for his use of the n-word was pretty much a "I'm sorry you guys were offended, but I wasn't trying to be malicious." The other thing is that the way he said it in the clip was so casual. It was the first thing he said when he got frustrated, which makes me think the n-word is something that he uses in his day-to-day life. It wasn't even in a "reclaimed" fashion. His tone was very similar to a racist using it towards a black person to insult them. The only reason why he probably hasn't used it in a video is because he doesn't want more people giving him backlash. And he also still hasn't addressed the backlash he was been getting, so I doubt he even cares that he said it.

Sorry for the long wall of text lol I can get carried away with my rants sometimes.
Image

User avatar
KittyGussip
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by KittyGussip » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:11 pm

What the actual fuck !
I entered the stream earlier today and saw people saying in the stream ( who pays donations for their comments to show on screen ) that "you can say what you want" or "Im a black man and I dont mind" etc
I only stayed for few moments because I was checking what he was doing but damn, he really makes it hard for his fans to defend him

and it doesnt look like he`ll lose subs anytime soon, just like Jake Paul his fans dont give a shit :?
why is it always ok for white dudes to be offensive in the western media ?! if he was KSI he wouldve been done by now :x
no wonder Trump in a president with all the sexual assault shit

P.S. I saw the clip, he apologized right away BUT the fact that it slipped is still not OK, that means it was in the back of your head and you were thinking about it
the link to the clip : https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6
Image
All hail the Vegan queen ! :respekt:

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by romr211 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:37 pm

KittyGussip wrote:P.S. I saw the clip, he apologized right away BUT the fact that it slipped is still not OK, that means it was in the back of your head and you were thinking about it
the link to the clip : <a class="vglnk" href="https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>oddshot</span><span>.</span><span>tv</span><span>/</span><span>s</span><span>/</span><span>g</span><span>_</span><span>05U6</span></a>
This doesn't show up in the clip that is linked, but apparently he said afterwards "I forgot that I was streaming", which proves my point that he's only willing to say the n-word when there's no cameras rolling. He probably says it while filming videos and just edits it out. The beauty of livestreams is that you can't edit out the stupid shit you say. :rofl:
Image

User avatar
KimiNiMuneKyun
Learner
Learner
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:15 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: pewdiepie

Post by KimiNiMuneKyun » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:40 pm

That clip made my stomach lurch. It slips out so easily for him. It makes you wonder how often he uses that word. In some of his videos, he says "nibba", which tbh, is still disgusting.
I also I find it funny that anti semitism and racism was just a joke, but now that it's affecting him, well now those jokes are not ok! And he didn't think Nazis were still a thing? How about he uses the internet to read the news rather than just collecting donations and looking at memes???
With all the disgusting things Felix says, it makes me wonder about Marzia. Does he say this kinda stuff around her? Does she laugh at it or ignore it? Does she join him?
What a vile person.

User avatar
KimiNiMuneKyun
Learner
Learner
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:15 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: pewdiepie

Post by KimiNiMuneKyun » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:41 pm

lmao why does he want to use the N-word so badly?

Felix reminds me of Onision. One video he's preaching about equality or whatever and has this holier-than-thou attitude. Then in the next video, he's back to making shitty offensive jokes.
Last edited by KimiNiMuneKyun on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KittyGussip
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by KittyGussip » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:49 pm

romr211 wrote:
KittyGussip wrote:P.S. I saw the clip, he apologized right away BUT the fact that it slipped is still not OK, that means it was in the back of your head and you were thinking about it
the link to the clip : <a class="vglnk" href="https://oddshot.tv/s/g_05U6" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>oddshot</span><span>.</span><span>tv</span><span>/</span><span>s</span><span>/</span><span>g</span><span>_</span><span>05U6</span></a>
This doesn't show up in the clip that is linked, but apparently he said afterwards "I forgot that I was streaming", which proves my point that he's only willing to say the n-word when there's no cameras rolling. He probably says it while filming videos and just edits it out. The beauty of livestreams is that you can't edit out the stupid shit you say. :rofl:
in the clip he said "Im sorry I shouldnt have said that"
but like I said -and you agree with it- it doesnt matter because it was in the back of his head and he probably says it alot
I think he says it while recording because Brad -in the same clip- was laughing, either he is used to editing it out or he as well doesnt see a problem with saying the n-word
he did say before he plays alot of games in his free time that he doesnt record, I bet he says it off camera and streaming feels like youre not recording for editing later aka he was chilling and didnt give a shit
and yeah Im still mad and I heard him say Nibba which is still fucked up
Image
All hail the Vegan queen ! :respekt:

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by romr211 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:55 pm

I still don't understand people saying it's ok because he was just angry at a video game. Saying the n-word while getting angry at a video game is something you expect from a 12 year old boy playing Call of Duty, not a 20-something year old Youtuber.
Image

User avatar
KittyGussip
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat May 28, 2016 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 142 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by KittyGussip » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:15 pm

if any of you know the indie game"Firewatch" -its a nice game check it out- the lead developer is taking a stand against Pewdiepie
[tweet][/tweet]
[tweet][/tweet]
( its a long thread, check his twitter to read it )
do you think this will actually lead to game developers to stop him from streaming their games ? maybe he career is FINALLY over ?!
I can hope :roll:
Image
All hail the Vegan queen ! :respekt:

bbbubblyyy
Learner
Learner
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:12 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by bbbubblyyy » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:30 pm

Can someone tell me what's the significance of him saying it with a "hard R"?

But seriously who even has that word in their vocab? Especially some whiter than white dude from Sweden. Everyone knows not to say that shit. How dumb can you be? I would hope that this is the end for him but I'm not holding my breath, plenty of people defending him already.

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:56 am
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by liarliar_ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:44 pm

I love pewdiepie and don't think he's a racist but what he said and the way he said it was awful. I think he just truly doesn't care about how people feel but I don't believe he said it because he's racist. I doubt he did it for attention because who would want negative attention like this. I believe he doesn't see the harm in saying it but is inconsiderate of the impact on other people because he's selfish. He's probably thinking "oh, it's just a word, I'm not actually racist so it's totally fine"

It's still extremely wrong though and I'm really disappointed. He apologized after but it didn't even seem like he saw it as a big deal so I can't count that as an apology. It seemed more like an "oh, sorry I said it on the stream" but not "oh shoot idk how that even came out of my mouth." Like someone said on twitter, it wouldn't have come out if he wasn't used to saying it. It's like when I'm at work and the word shit slips out because I say it when I'm outside of work lol.

I hope he apologizes for saying it and says he'll take a step back to truly evaluate how words like that impact others regardless of whether he doesn't see it as a big deal. It just isn't his place to make that decision and it's dangerous for young people watching him to think that it's ok to say as long as you aren't actually racist. It isn't "just a word" to many people and he has no right to say it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
KimiNiMuneKyun
Learner
Learner
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:15 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: pewdiepie

Post by KimiNiMuneKyun » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:45 pm

KittyGussip wrote:if any of you know the indie game"Firewatch" -its a nice game check it out- the lead developer is taking a stand against Pewdiepie
[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vanaman</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>906983891935797248</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vanaman</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>906984318685155328</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
( its a long thread, check his twitter to read it )
do you think this will actually lead to game developers to stop him from streaming their games ? maybe he career is FINALLY over ?!
I can hope :roll:
I was just gonna post this lol.
[tweet][/tweet]
A response to those tweets.
Can someone tell me what's the significance of him saying it with a "hard R"?
It's racist. Whether said with an A or a R, if you aren't black, then there's no reason you should be using that word (however in more academic setting, I think the word may be acceptable to use but idk). But out of all the words he could have used, he chose that one, which leads me to believe he is comfortable using it and uses it often.

Serendipitous
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1097
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 am
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by Serendipitous » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Lmaoo he's a racist. I knew it from the start of all these controversies.

User avatar
KimiNiMuneKyun
Learner
Learner
Posts: 98
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:15 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: pewdiepie

Post by KimiNiMuneKyun » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:15 pm

I'm sorry, I'm probably spamming at this point but wow...
[tweet][/tweet]
:rofl:
The replies are pretty funny too.

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:56 am
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by liarliar_ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:28 pm

The people defending this are nuts... people are saying that all kinds of stuff come out when you're playing video games uhh yeah stuff that's in your vocabulary! That's the issue, it shouldn't be in his vocabulary!

For example, the word "cxxt" isn't in my vocabulary and so when something happens in a video game I say shit or something else that's in my vocabulary but if I somehow said cxxt it would leave me in shock yet he so casually apologized as if he accidentally said the f word in front of a child or something


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liarliar_
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 665
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:56 am
Has thanked: 582 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by liarliar_ » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:32 pm

As a fan of pewdiepie I can admit that he was 100% in the wrong in what he said and there's no excuse for it. I hope others can do the same cause this is ridiculous. Most of the discussion doesn't seem to be on whether he's a racist or not (which I don't believe he is) but instead on people justifying him using the n word which is INSANE cause that should never be ok! I feel like there isn't room for opinions regarding that point. I don't care how mad, sad, depressed or whatever someone is, you just don't say that word.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by romr211 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:33 pm

Someone on twitter made this tweet, basically pointing out how stupid people sound for defending Felix by saying "it was just video game rage!"

https://twitter.com/deportablediz/statu ... 7084126209
Image

chairman_meow
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 759
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:04 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: pewdiepie

Post by chairman_meow » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:26 pm

KimiNiMuneKyun wrote:
KittyGussip wrote:if any of you know the indie game"Firewatch" -its a nice game check it out- the lead developer is taking a stand against Pewdiepie
[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vanaman</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>906983891935797248</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
[tweet]<a class="vglnk" href="[/tweet" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>twitter</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>vanaman</span><span>/</span><span>status</span><span>/</span><span>906984318685155328</span><span>[/</span><span>tweet</span></a>]
( its a long thread, check his twitter to read it )
do you think this will actually lead to game developers to stop him from streaming their games ? maybe he career is FINALLY over ?!
I can hope :roll:
I was just gonna post this lol.
[tweet][/tweet]
A response to those tweets.
Can someone tell me what's the significance of him saying it with a "hard R"?
It's racist. Whether said with an A or a R, if you aren't black, then there's no reason you should be using that word (however in more academic setting, I think the word may be acceptable to use but idk). But out of all the words he could have used, he chose that one, which leads me to believe he is comfortable using it and uses it often.
This journalist's arguments are fair though. I'm going to play devil's advocate here. You cannot file a copyright claim just because you don't like someone. Yes, he said the n-word, but he did not steal the Firewatch content. It literally says in their faq that people are free to use their content and monetize it here:
[tweet][/tweet]
What they could do is no longer support Felix and NOT give him anymore future Beta/Alpha/pre-release games from their company. It's not exactly giving he creators of Firewatch a bad rep. Actually, it probably gave them more money since Jack and Pewdie streamed it.

User avatar
romr211
Informer
Informer
Posts: 453
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:54 am
Location: United States
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by romr211 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:52 pm

Lol so Felix made a video about the natural disasters going on and it's a shit show. https://youtu.be/RH7wMFrWYoA

He implies in this video that because natural disasters happened in the past, it doesn't prove climate change is real. None of these celebrities he complains about says that Trump is the exact reason that climate change exists. What they are saying is that Trump has taken actions that will keep us from making progress on the climate change issue. Of course, natural disasters are going to happen, but climate change makes natural disasters WORSE. He basically said that celebrities shouldn't be stating opinions on things they "know nothing about", but Felix clearly knows nothing about climate change either. :rofl:
Image

Serendipitous
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1097
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 am
Has thanked: 265 times
Been thanked: 599 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by Serendipitous » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:41 pm

romr211 wrote:Lol so Felix made a video about the natural disasters going on and it's a shit show. https://youtu.be/RH7wMFrWYoA

He implies in this video that because natural disasters happened in the past, it doesn't prove climate change is real. None of these celebrities he complains about says that Trump is the exact reason that climate change exists. What they are saying is that Trump has taken actions that will keep us from making progress on the climate change issue. Of course, natural disasters are going to happen, but climate change makes natural disasters WORSE. He basically said that celebrities shouldn't be stating opinions on things they "know nothing about", but Felix clearly knows nothing about climate change either. :rofl:
Lmao he is SUCH fucking idiot why was he given this platform???

dar90
Learner
Learner
Posts: 80
Joined: Wed May 31, 2017 7:30 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: pewdiepie

Post by dar90 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:27 pm

Why would that word be in the vocabulary of a white Swedish dude? That's insane. Especially in moments of anger - most people go to the curse words they use the most, because it's like an instinct.
I think he goes out of his way to say these things. It just doesn't make sense otherwise.

Locked

Return to “pewdiepie”