pewdiepie

pewdiepie

Post by Guest »

what do you think of him? personally i love him but his fanbase is really annoying at times. :/

Zealous Lace
Debater
Debater
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie

Post by Zealous Lace »

I discovered him through my strange obsession with the game Slenderman- his reaction video to that (and all the scary games he's played) is hilarious!
Haha his fan base the Bro Army- you can tell they really love the guy :twit:

geisha89
Lurker
Lurker

Post by geisha89 »

I literally only heard about him the other day and I didn't even realise he was popular. Hmm.
A celebrity is one who is known to many persons he is glad he doesn't know - Lord Byron

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu »

i like him, but i agree - his fanbase can be weird sometimes (but it's mostly the same with all popular youtubers) his and nova's (uberhaxornova) fanbase wars are ridiculous
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

facepalmeverywhere
Learner
Learner

Post by facepalmeverywhere »

Actually I started watching him after watching an episode of rage quit from Rooster Teeth when they played Slenderman, It was then I came upon watching his videos, he is funny and awesome....and I agree his fanbase it a bit well.... :shock:
I mean I do not care who played what and why, watching the scared reactions are always funny, it is not like they created the game, the game was meant for everyone to play and enjoy! I wish they stop being so annoying fighting over who is better and who copied what and just enjoy the video.

WhiskeyontheRocks
Lurker
Lurker

Post by WhiskeyontheRocks »

My little sister got me into him, I really like him he's hilarious. But I agree some of the members of the bro army are weird they give me the swamp family vibe.

mwahah
Informer
Informer

Post by mwahah »

I love pewdiepie, but his fanbase does make all of the bros look bad. All other fanbases hate how the bros act and it's only a handful that act so stubborn. I love pewdiepie <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
why have friends when you have GG ♥

TrashBoat
Talker
Talker

Post by TrashBoat »

I like Pewdie and I appreciate that he at least tries to keep his fanbase under control. One can't say the same for others like the Swamp Family. However, some of the members of the Bro Army are downright scary. :shock:

esslyt
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by esslyt »

I love Pewdie, he makes me laugh and he's cute. I'm into video gaming myself, and I like him the most of all video gaming based channels out there. :love2:

English is my second language, sorry for any misunderstandings.

Bunny

Post by Bunny »

I saw one video from him and he annoyed me but I watched two of his Sims videos and I was cracking up the whole time. I might give him another chance one day but for now, I'm sticking with ChaoticMonki/Cry. Love him.

Nyymi
Learner
Learner

Post by Nyymi »

Bunny wrote:I saw one video from him and he annoyed me but I watched two of his Sims videos and I was cracking up the whole time. I might give him another chance one day but for now, I'm sticking with ChaoticMonki/Cry. Love him.
Cry is awesome! His voice is so soothing :D

I watch Pewdie's videos a lot, he's one of the first LP-ers I started watching on youtube. I'm trying to stay out of the fanbase wars because some bros are just plain crazy... I don't even look at the comment section in his videos these days because it's often just full of idiots. :P
*English is not my first language so SORRY if my grammar is horrible*

TrashBoat
Talker
Talker

Post by TrashBoat »

I've been taking a bit of a break from Pewds lately since I'm not watching his Heavy Rain LP. Reason being, that games scares the shit out of me.

The more I watch of him though, the more I realize that, that, to a certain extent, he's actually one of the YouTubers I can most relate to in terms of personality, or at least how he comes across on camera. I'm not even sure what to think about that. :shock:

FlipFlops87
Informer
Informer

Post by FlipFlops87 »

LOVE him. There's not much to his channel, but I guess that speaks wonders about his personality. He's likeable and hilarious when he gets scared. I also think he genuinely loves his fans.

He puts out videos EVERY SINGLE DAY and even though all he does is play videogames, I'm sure editing them and having to work in a country where internet is super slow is difficult. He makes many other youtubers look lazy when you think about it. I think that's why he's so popular because he's consistent and he's always interacting with the fans.

On a sidenote, ever since his channel blew up a lot of vloggers started their own gaming channels. He may not be the first LPer or videogamer on youtube, but he's definitely a pioneer and is the one to beat in my opinion.

*brofist* anyone?

hellukittu
Informer
Informer

Post by hellukittu »

FlipFlops87 wrote:LOVE him. There's not much to his channel, but I guess that speaks wonders about his personality. He's likeable and hilarious when he gets scared. I also think he genuinely loves his fans.

He puts out videos EVERY SINGLE DAY and even though all he does is play videogames, I'm sure editing them and having to work in a country where internet is super slow is difficult. He makes many other youtubers look lazy when you think about it. I think that's why he's so popular because he's consistent and he's always interacting with the fans.

On a sidenote, ever since his channel blew up a lot of vloggers started their own gaming channels. He may not be the first LPer or videogamer on youtube, but he's definitely a pioneer and is the one to beat in my opinion.

*brofist* anyone?
*brofist*! i've been watching him a lot lately, i was subscribed to him for a while, but now i've really gotten in to watching him. i love the lucius playthough he has going on right now, it's hilarious

on a sidenote about uploading, ssohpkc uploads about 3-10 videos a day (and his video count is close to 10k (and he's my favorite youtuber)), but when compared to most other youtubers, yeah they definitely make them look lazy
just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right

KittenKaboost
Talker
Talker

Post by KittenKaboost »

I love Pewdiepie! I also like his girlfriend, Marzia I believe, they are so cute together. I liked when he played Limbo and Slender Man. Not really loving lucious though. Btw is that game based off of The Omen?
I first started watching 4playpodcast but then they got really boring. Now I like Pewdiepie, TheRadBrad and Nova.

*brofist*

HattieChaos
Naughty
Naughty

Post by HattieChaos »

I adore PewDiePie. However, sometimes he goes overboard with some of his jokes surrounding rape - It's something I've been through, and it's horrible to have to sit through jokes being made about it, even if they aren't made with intent to hurt anyone.

Pewdie has since posted this on his Tumblr: http://pewdiepie.se/post/34309686617/no-more-rape-jokes Though he does seem kinda pissed about this whole deal, I really appreciate him stepping forward to apologize and try and stop it. I think we need more Youtubers that react to criticism in this way. :)

lemony
Learner
Learner

Post by lemony »

You all should watch Retsupurae's video on him.... well they made two and in the second one, they talked about how Pewdie reacted to the videos they made about him. Pewdie said that he didn't give a fuck because he was getting paid anyway, can you believe it!? I mean this guy is pretty much the same age as me, and it just appalled me how he handled the situation...what the fuck is wrong with him. I mean the videos were not even attacking him, they were outlining how the message he was sending was impacting his audience which mostly consists of children who don't understand what rape even is but think its FUNNY because of Pewdie.... they also talked about how much he 'relies' on it to get his views and how his own fans were handling the drama... don't get me wrong, I liked Pewdie when he started out on YT (before the rape jokes) but now my views have completely changed... Marzia should also be held accountable for accepting his behavior and not saying shit about it. Sorry but Pewdie needs a kick in his ass.

FlipFlops87
Informer
Informer

Post by FlipFlops87 »

lemony wrote:You all should watch Retsupurae's video on him.... well they made two and in the second one, they talked about how Pewdie reacted to the videos they made about him. Pewdie said that he didn't give a fuck because he was getting paid anyway, can you believe it!? I mean this guy is pretty much the same age as me, and it just appalled me how he handled the situation...what the fuck is wrong with him. I mean the videos were not even attacking him, they were outlining how the message he was sending was impacting his audience which mostly consists of children who don't understand what rape even is but think its FUNNY because of Pewdie.... they also talked about how much he 'relies' on it to get his views and how his own fans were handling the drama... don't get me wrong, I liked Pewdie when he started out on YT (before the rape jokes) but now my views have completely changed... Marzia should also be held accountable for accepting his behavior and not saying shit about it. Sorry but Pewdie needs a kick in his ass.
First of all, that comment in question is suspect. I mean, someone just had a "screen shot" of it, which can easily be created on photoshop. I searched and searched for this specific comment and it was nowhere. THe only comment Pewdiepie left said this:

Wasting a minute to comment since it will get flagged as spam anyway

So many of you are judging me in the most negative way possible without even knowing me.

I would've made more money by finishing my master degree at Uni - I never could have expected my channel to explode so much as it have.

I'm just a guy, living my dream by doing what I love to do. I'm okay with not everyone liking it, I'm not expecting everyone to do it either.
Also: writing "lololol" means Im totally serious btw.

PewDiePie 1 week ago in playlist More videos from retsupurae

Sometook a screen of the real comment and fixed the text on photoshop. I think it says a lot about that other guy to create a whole video using Pewdiepie's name to get views. He's basically making money off of Pewdie's success. What a bag of fail.

vietnamese
Learner
Learner

Post by vietnamese »

lemony wrote:You all should watch Retsupurae's video on him.... well they made two and in the second one, they talked about how Pewdie reacted to the videos they made about him. Pewdie said that he didn't give a fuck because he was getting paid anyway, can you believe it!? I mean this guy is pretty much the same age as me, and it just appalled me how he handled the situation...what the fuck is wrong with him. I mean the videos were not even attacking him, they were outlining how the message he was sending was impacting his audience which mostly consists of children who don't understand what rape even is but think its FUNNY because of Pewdie.... they also talked about how much he 'relies' on it to get his views and how his own fans were handling the drama... don't get me wrong, I liked Pewdie when he started out on YT (before the rape jokes) but now my views have completely changed... Marzia should also be held accountable for accepting his behavior and not saying shit about it. Sorry but Pewdie needs a kick in his ass.

Ah man, way to spit out the same argument that was repeated in every comment on that video. To the person above me, the comment was definitely real. I don't know how you'll take to a second e-eye-witness, but it was definitely real. It got a ton of people freaking out over it. Is it a big deal? Fuck no.

"Keep raging and making me money!" - This basic argument has been around since people were able to produce entertainment and charge for it in some way. Does it mean pdp is actually in it for the money? No. It was a juvenile response to being criticized that wasn't very well thought-out, but to say it's why he's making videos is even less thought-out and perhaps even more juvenile. He was probably a bit butthurt over the video and wanted to make those making it mad by pointing out the fact that he makes way more money than they do as a result of their hatred. He could've left a more mature comment, but the comment he did leave did not prove that he was a greedy pig, it just proved that he was bothered by the video.

To the comment about the rape jokes being offensive- the thing with comedy is nothing is okay or it's all okay. I get rather annoyed with people who single out rape as an inappropriate joke. Like, everything else is appropriate but specifically someone raping another is not. Especially considering at least MOST if not ALL of those bitching and moaning about it watch shows/youtubers/comedians/etc. like Family Guy, South Park, Shane Dawson, George Carlin, etc., etc. I don't know about you personally, but I'm certain that most of the people who whined about that do not actually give a fuck about rape jokes unless someone they already have a distate for makes them. Then suddenly they're the Mother Teresa of comedy. It's moronic, and it proves that they truly have no good reason to hate pdp other than they're mad, and they just don't like him for whatever whiny, juvenile reason. I can't say if there was a time when pdp didn't make rape jokes. I vaguely remember them always being around, but it was a while ago and I don't care that much, so I wouldn't be as sensitive to them. I think there are almost certainly more than there were, but I think they were always there. But again, it was never very important to me. PDP always had dark, childish humor.

Candice
Debater
Debater

Post by Candice »

I stopped watching because he kept reinforcing racial stereotypes throughout his commentaries. I remember one incident that really stood out for me. There was this asian man who was a soldier in some game (sorry, not a gamer here) and he had a really deep voice and PDP got so shocked about it. He was actually genuinely surprised that an asian man could have such a good voice. He even said it wasn't right and he refused to believe it. Granted, it only lasted for less than a minute but it's those types of comments that have the biggest ability to subconsiously mould his very impressionable viewers on racially sensitive issues.

And to the poster above me, you listed tv shows like Family Guy and South Park but you need to understand that those shows have a rating and is shown only at specific timeslots. You could argue that kids can easily just use the internet to avoid the filters set in place by the network but the point still stands. This is because the existence of the rating itself solidies the fact that such shows are intended for mature audiences, despite the fact that it can be widely consumed by all demographics it is still implied. However, PDP, Shane Dawson, and other Youtube videos aren't subject to this screening test. Sure, people can flag, but then they'll get pissed and upload it again and blame the 'haters'. So when kids watch Family Guy they know they're watching something 'naughty' but when they watch PDP and Shane Dawson they don't see it as such.

Return to “pewdiepie”