pewdiepie - Part 2

CheesyBirdMess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Re: pewdiepie - Part 2

Post by CheesyBirdMess » Sun May 12, 2019 2:15 pm

I think it's rather telling he decides to insert himself into the drama. The man is a drama whore.

Yes his points are valid, but there was no real reason for him to even make a video on the subject - he literally just did it for views because it's the 'hot tea' on youtube right now.

Samanth521
Learner
Learner

Post by Samanth521 » Sun May 12, 2019 8:36 pm

woonsim wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:43 pm
Branola wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 10:56 am

A LOT of the people in his comments, however, are telling him he should have done more research on the situation and that they believe Felix didn't fully understand what Tati was trying to say.

At the beginning of the video, Felix did say that based off Tati's video alone she didn't really explain where the situation came from and unless you know what happened, you're not going to understand any of it. He did do some research after but probably not enough
Honestly, I think he did do enough research (coupled with his own experience of accepting sponsors). People are seriously trying to move the goalpost by ragging on how Pewds never does enough research for not being a beauty influencer just because they want to cancel James Charles like lmao let the man live, man.
Long time lurker and first time commenter. Felix didn't do his research he just jumped into drama he had absolutely no business being in. Why did he make the video in the first place?

V0guinglala
Talker
Talker

Post by V0guinglala » Sun May 12, 2019 9:38 pm

CheesyBirdMess wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 2:15 pm
I think it's rather telling he decides to insert himself into the drama. The man is a drama whore.

Yes his points are valid, but there was no real reason for him to even make a video on the subject - he literally just did it for views because it's the 'hot tea' on youtube right now.
I agree with this. I was pretty disappointed to see he even gave his two cents on the whole thing, because I couldn't help but think he fabricated his entire "controversial" viewpoint so that everyone would rush to his video and give him a huge surge of views. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I'm really starting to think he actually thrives on being in the midst of drama and controversies, and will continue to do so long after he's married or leaves Youtube. I don't think we'll be hearing the last of Felix for many years to come - at this point it's become pretty obvious that he lives for the internet infamy.

woonsim
Talker
Talker

Post by woonsim » Sun May 12, 2019 10:21 pm

Samanth521 wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Long time lurker and first time commenter. Felix didn't do his research he just jumped into drama he had absolutely no business being in. Why did he make the video in the first place?
He claimed to have watched the entire video and even a few others to understood the context. Is that not enough? Why is it essential that we have to understand how they go all the way back? I think pewds definitely understood their dynamics before. It's tiring to see people hold a different standard for disagreeing with Tati, it's bs tbh. Also, this is generally a trending topic so I'm not surprised. Beautytubing is no longer such a niche community and so it's natural for him to know about it. Besides, pewds also cover about other YouTubers before like Logan Paul so it is pretty characteristic of him to do this

Pemberleydreams
Debater
Debater

Post by Pemberleydreams » Mon May 13, 2019 12:54 am

Why am I not surprised about his dumbass video on the jc drama🤣🤣he doesn't understand the gravity of any situation, I'm starting to think he's quite a fool actually. Also his minion fans attacking people in comments saying 'stop saying he didn't research,he has no interest in researching about this superficial stupid beauty community drama.'Ummm but he had enough interest to make a video about it?🤔

cherryc0ke
Debater
Debater

Post by cherryc0ke » Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 pm

His entire Pew News series is basically just "let me insert myself into the most relevant drama so I can milk some views out of it".

rikku9
Talker
Talker

Post by rikku9 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:05 pm

I'm not surprised he only focused on "Tati should have said something earlier" and basically ignored the real issue (that James Charles is a manipulative narc who uses people). Considering that Pewds is marrying Marzia, he obviously has lots of first hand experience at making excuses for her shitty behavior and ignoring things that he shouldn't.

Felix since you love reading, before you get married make sure that you read "How to Kill A Narcissist". You can thank us later.

Zamn
Talker
Talker

Post by Zamn » Sat May 18, 2019 5:08 pm

Thoughts on this?

Maybe he wasn't that wrong with his initial thoughts after all.

CheesyBirdMess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CheesyBirdMess » Thu May 23, 2019 1:06 am

bluelemonwater
Learner
Learner

Post by bluelemonwater » Thu May 23, 2019 2:57 am

lol is felix going to be next shane dawson becoming friends with guru youtubers

at the same time not surprising though the amount of cancer beauty community in youtube has

timesnewroman
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by timesnewroman » Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm

^Nah lol he's too misogynistic, the way he was talking about tati rubbed me wrong even though I somewhat agree with his opinion.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I_only_envy_cats
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by I_only_envy_cats » Sun May 26, 2019 3:59 pm

That ad was awful, he made it sound like he thought the game was shit lol

CheesyBirdMess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CheesyBirdMess » Mon May 27, 2019 5:43 pm

timesnewroman wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm
^Nah lol he's too misogynistic, the way he was talking about tati rubbed me wrong even though I somewhat agree with his opinion.

Agreed. There was actually a politician in my country that said something along the lines of "The only thing worse than a gay man, is a woman" and I can't help but feel this is pewdiepie and his fans attitude. He only defended James Charles because there was a woman involved who 'started' or 'instigated' the drama. You bet if the drama started vice-versa, he may not have got involved as much. Did he get involved with Jeffree Star's previous dramas? Nope... So why now?

I'd almost like this to come off to see his fans less than enlightened responses:

mr482
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by mr482 » Wed May 29, 2019 1:48 am

CheesyBirdMess wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:43 pm
timesnewroman wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Agreed. There was actually a politician in my country that said something along the lines of "The only thing worse than a gay man, is a woman" and I can't help but feel this is pewdiepie and his fans attitude. He only defended James Charles because there was a woman involved who 'started' or 'instigated' the drama. You bet if the drama started vice-versa, he may not have got involved as much. Did he get involved with Jeffree Star's previous dramas? Nope... So why now?

I'd almost like this to come off to see his fans less than enlightened responses:

Regardless of whatever the truth is in all this mess, I completely agree. Not just Pewdiepie but even gaming channels like FaZe were suddenly compelled to involve themselves with beauty community drama, when does that happen? I feel like they’ve definitely pushed to their fans the narrative of JC as a victim in the name of Tati being just "another crazy evil woman trying to ruin a man’s career with false accusations" in the #MeToo era.

CheesyBirdMess
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by CheesyBirdMess » Wed May 29, 2019 3:26 am

mr482 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 1:48 am

Regardless of whatever the truth is in all this mess, I completely agree. Not just Pewdiepie but even gaming channels like FaZe were suddenly compelled to involve themselves with beauty community drama, when does that happen? I feel like they’ve definitely pushed to their fans the narrative of JC as a victim in the name of Tati being just "another crazy evil woman trying to ruin a man’s career with false accusations" in the #MeToo era.
Exactly. You hit the nail on the head.

If they were about equality they would be calling out Jeffree FreakStar and his antics and would have said more during the 'Andy Signore' stuff, plus many other youtuber scandals.

It always amuses me that youtube drama channels done by men don't get as much criticism even if they are completely misrepresenting things or have an obvious bias. But a woman gets into the drama channel biz and she's just ripped apart, called a typical emotional female sticking her nose in where it doesn't belong and loving the drama. The hypocrisy is astounding.

Has anyone heard about this guy? David Patterson “SuperVGMan64” - "As evidenced by a series of screenshots taken by Patterson’s ex-girlfriend Valerie Esfahani, Patterson engaged in sexually explicit conversations with teenage subscribers to his channel, using his status as a C-Tier celebrity to groom and seduce them."

There's also another Youtuber guy Austin Jones who just got sentenced 10 years for coaxing six underage female fans to send him sexually explicit videos of themselves. Silence on that, too!

Why aren't these youtubers discussing these?

ephemeral_ardor
Learner
Learner

Post by ephemeral_ardor » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:12 pm

has anyone else noticed that felix always talks about women in a negative light?
with love, bitch :love2:

Cheryl Blossom
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheryl Blossom » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:15 pm

Um, welcome to the world lol, hope the rock you were living under was comfy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

god no
Learner
Learner

Post by god no » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:52 am

Can someone sum up what's his content recently is about, because I'm not sub and I don't want to give him views.

TeenageTalk
Talker
Talker

Post by TeenageTalk » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:00 pm

god no wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:52 am
Can someone sum up what's his content recently is about, because I'm not sub and I don't want to give him views.
It’s mostly just reactionary stuff. LWIAY is for his subreddit, Meme Review is about ten minutes of Felix being bored because the iterations aren’t that good, in Pew News he gives his opinions on current “oopsies," You Laugh You Lose is mostly tik toks and instagram memes, Cringe Tuesdays/Thursdays is basically YLYL, but with cringey content and then there is the occasional video game/VR video

illegal_mind
Support Moddie
Support Moddie
Has thanked: 0

Post by illegal_mind » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:09 pm

TeenageTalk wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:00 pm
god no wrote:
It’s mostly just reactionary stuff. LWIAY is for his subreddit, Meme Review is about ten minutes of Felix being bored because the iterations aren’t that good, in Pew News he gives his opinions on current “oopsies," You Laugh You Lose is mostly tik toks and instagram memes, Cringe Tuesdays/Thursdays is basically YLYL, but with cringey content and then there is the occasional video game/VR video
that's what pretty much everyone with a gaming channel turned into, a reaction channel. either that or they made a new channel for reacting and they'll post gaming videos that hardly get any views on their main channel.
even mark and jack went the same route as felix and sorta abandoned gaming
The Internet knows all your secrets

god no
Learner
Learner

Post by god no » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 pm

TeenageTalk wrote:
god no wrote:
So nothing had really changed from the last time I checked his channel. Any new drama that he put himself into, despite Tati/James?

TeenageTalk
Talker
Talker

Post by TeenageTalk » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:56 pm

god no wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 pm
TeenageTalk wrote:
god no wrote:
So nothing had really changed from the last time I checked his channel. Any new drama that he put himself into, despite Tati/James?
about two weeks ago he promoted a seedy app called nimses, which kinda sent the subreddit into panic-- probably the only time I've seen the 9 yr olds be critical/disappointed in him-- but he quickly shut that down with a condescending attitude

ETA: also I'm pretty sure that the next target in his misogynistic crusade will be sssniperwolf. he has mimicked her thumbnails several times now and she's constantly on trending for her low effort videos. he's probably waiting for her to do an “oopsie" or a top-voted meme on the subreddit so it doesn't come off as fixated

aimzalicious_
Learner
Learner

Post by aimzalicious_ » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:37 am

god no wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 pm
TeenageTalk wrote:
god no wrote:
He's also made videos on the KSI vs Deji drama and the ProJared-cheating-on-his-wife fiasco. I noticed both videos followed a few weeks on from his James Charles video, since that one did so well (16m views compared to his average 5m views), I assumed he wants to keep inserting himself in drama for the views

Castille
Learner
Learner

Post by Castille » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:33 am

I found this video to be refreshing as most people on YouTube don’t dare criticise pdp. And the comments at different points in time saying ‘this has become relevant again’.

Check it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cherryc0ke
Debater
Debater

Post by cherryc0ke » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:48 am

TeenageTalk wrote:
god no wrote:
Funny how today's upload was titled "We need to talk about these Oopsies" :roll:

Return to “pewdiepie”