pewdiepie - Part 2

illegal_mind
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper
Has thanked: 0

Re: pewdiepie - Part 2

Post by illegal_mind »

he knows very well what his audience is.
he's not stupid. he can easily see the neonazi types worshipping him.
thing is, he likely doesn't care as long as he's profiting from it.
it's like no publicity is bad publicity.
yeah, he's being associated with white supremacist groups, but he's making bank off them, so he doesn't care
The Internet knows all your secrets

triptocaine
Debater
Debater
Been thanked: 0

Post by triptocaine »

I remember at some point, even though he was the most suscribed person on youtube, people used to make fun of him so much. Back when he played happy wheels, amnesia etc and used to yell so much. Then i feel like there was a switch when he started associating with h3h3 for example and the people that made fun of him started liking him ? But idk thats how i felt when it happened lmao.
Sorry for my bad english

V0guinglala
Informer
Informer

Post by V0guinglala »

debcnair wrote:i'm so proud of him, i'm honestly surprised he'd be into that kind of stuff.
I’m not surprised at all that he fell into alcohol dependency (and possibly other substances ...that aren’t Gfuel). His entire workday is self-directed and isolated, but at the same time can be stressful. Its the perfect set of circumstances to nurture a dependency of some kind, without realizing it’s becoming problematic.

Also, he’s probably had a very cozy relationship with alcohol well before his whiskey reviews era. There’s plenty of stories he tells from his high school and college days that support this.
You can see him drinking in several of his Let’s Plays from back in the day.

Luckily he’s aware his audience is quite young so it’s not a good look for him to elaborate too much on his problems in this area.

I personally do not think he’s fully conquered these issues yet, and that more will come out about this over the next year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pemberleydreams
Informer
Informer

Post by Pemberleydreams »

His Audience is so problematic. His videos with James Charles has two types of comments. One being totally homophobic n bashing PewDiePie for collabing with a gay man,another trying to defend him by saying PewDiePie did it to show how awkward n dopey this gay man is. Like there's no comment genuinely objecting to this rampant homophobia. His comments just can't fathom him Really Being ok with homosexuality n not making fun of it. Wth

debcnair
Informer
Informer

Post by debcnair »

Pemberleydreams wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:11 am
His Audience is so problematic. His videos with James Charles has two types of comments. One being totally homophobic n bashing PewDiePie for collabing with a gay man,another trying to defend him by saying PewDiePie did it to show how awkward n dopey this gay man is. Like there's no comment genuinely objecting to this rampant homophobia. His comments just can't fathom him Really Being ok with homosexuality n not making fun of it. Wth
i feel like at some point he should really address his audience. in his subreddit it's even worse, they even shit on felix himself. although it seems like he himself doesn't really enjoy his fans/audience very much, it's clear in some videos.
i only lurk.

V0guinglala
Informer
Informer

Post by V0guinglala »

Here is just a small sample of ones I saw just scrolling through now. You need to sort by new, and you’ll see that 75% of the comments are negative, either appalled that Felix would stream with someone so “gay” or they think James is still the evil snake from the whole “Tati vs. James” ordeal

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

Hate is alive and well in this world. Gross.

Zamn
Debater
Debater

Post by Zamn »

V0guinglala wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:42 am
Here is just a small sample of ones I saw just scrolling through now. You need to sort by new, and you’ll see that 75% of the comments are negative, either appalled that Felix would stream with someone so “gay” or they think James is still the evil snake from the whole “Tati vs. James” ordeal

Thank you for these! I literally didn't know where to look, that is why I asked for proof.

It is sad to see the reactions though, especially because Felix and James seem to get along quite well, actually. I like their chemistry and I do hope Felix will adress this, but I sadly doubt it.

cherryc0ke
Debater
Debater

Post by cherryc0ke »

Off topic, but wow I just noticed how felix has been getting double the amount of views he used to get before starting the minecraft series. The first mc video has 20M views.... and now he's easily hitting 10M on most of his videos. I suspect it's a combination of things but mostly the fact he's been trending for gaming on every mc upload. I do wonder how long he's gonna keep going with the series.

debcnair
Informer
Informer

Post by debcnair »

cherryc0ke wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:19 am
Off topic, but wow I just noticed how felix has been getting double the amount of views he used to get before starting the minecraft series. The first mc video has 20M views.... and now he's easily hitting 10M on most of his videos. I suspect it's a combination of things but mostly the fact he's been trending for gaming on every mc upload. I do wonder how long he's gonna keep going with the series.
he's probably ending it in a few episodes. it's been a month since the series started, hopefully he doesn't drag it out for too long.
i only lurk.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

I don't think he'll stop until he's bored or the views stop. Whichever comes first.

TeenageTalk
Talker
Talker

Post by TeenageTalk »

there were a couple instances in today's video that show that he switches between survival and creative so I think he is getting a bit bored. I predict that he is going to end it when he defeats the ender dragon-- he can finish his little story line and say that by defeating the ender dragon he has avenged all his dead pets

debcnair
Informer
Informer

Post by debcnair »

TeenageTalk wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:28 pm
there were a couple instances in today's video that show that he switches between survival and creative so I think he is getting a bit bored. I predict that he is going to end it when he defeats the ender dragon-- he can finish his little story line and say that by defeating the ender dragon he has avenged all his dead pets
in all honesty, i hope to god the next episode is about that lmao. i definitely feel the vibe that he's bored and possibly doesn't wanna play anymore. and in my part, i'm also done with minecraft. i hope something else will make him have fun like that again.
i only lurk.

V0guinglala
Informer
Informer

Post by V0guinglala »

Wow, it looks like Brad has resigned. Not sure what to make of this. I wonder if Felix really is planning to retire soon or if it’s something else entirely.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

Woah!

aimzalicious_
Debater
Debater

Post by aimzalicious_ »

V0guinglala wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:39 am
Wow, it looks like Brad has resigned. Not sure what to make of this. I wonder if Felix really is planning to retire soon or if it’s something else entirely.

What the hell, I'm actually kinda sad about this. I like Brad and hope he's okay, I just read all of the comments on the Marzia thread about Brad going through a rough time :(

debcnair
Informer
Informer

Post by debcnair »

i watched felix's latest video, it's kinda anticlimatic (also especially after that whole creative mode scandal and brad quitting)? i'm tired of these series honestly, he should just end them. he's definitely milking it as much as he can to get as much money as possible.

also the editing is significantly worse (he edited it so..), i wonder how he's gonna do recording and editing a video every single day. i honestly don't know what it's gonna be of his channel or himself at this point. he is definitely going downwards, his fanbase doesn't care as they are all "memers" who barely care about him enough.
i only lurk.

Broodwich
Informer
Informer

Post by Broodwich »

He has Sive to edit.

debcnair
Informer
Informer