TheGabbieShow Part 3

shortcake1111
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheGabbieShow Part 3

Post by shortcake1111 »

Gabbie’s YouTube channel name was briefly changed to “Hanna cages” and my tinfoil hat tells me she changed the wrong sockpuppet account name she defends herself with in the comments :rofl:

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

Its kinda cringy how she is trying to own the monster meme but we all know she is really affected negatively of it.

caprese
Debater
Debater

Post by caprese »

devilsarcherist wrote:So looks like Gabbie's latest vlog confirmed what we all knew, that Andrew was her boyfriend. She said in it that she went to see Fantastic Beasts 2 years ago with her boyfriend at the time, which is the time stamp of this vlog at 4:20
Wait...
With this confirmed, it makes her snuggling up to Megan Batoon seem all the more calculated and creepy, Andrew had a big crush on her (see: Shane's date video with the two of them) and there's a jillion other social media choreographers she could have worked with. Not that I know much about Megan or if she'd even go for him but I seeeeriously think she wanted to get tight with her so she'd feel bad about the thought of pursuing anything with him.

Andrew comes across as 10x nicer and cooler than she is, and I don't see him as too much of a clout chaser... it surprises me that they ever dated

hungreeandhornee
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hungreeandhornee »

Didn’t she also mention that she stopped seeing her “tinder date” after he started obsessively texting her wanting to hang out? Andrew clearly wouldn’t do that so I’m pretty sure Gabbie was the one doing all the obsessive texting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pearl+sweetie
Talker
Talker

Post by Pearl+sweetie »

With gabbies "surviors guilt" what i don't understand is gabbie went to college and got her bachelors degree, in sure she took out loans and supported herself through college but isnt this what most people do? Do her siblings not have access to this? Thats seems a bit strange to me. Dosent she help her family if theyre struggling so bad? If they don't have access to safe housing and food and proper clothes which is how she makes it seem. Instead of spending so much time and money making her shitty music why dosent she spend it on forming organizations in the Pittsburgh area for underprivileged kids or maybe give grants to help kids go to college. I mean maybe she does this stuff and dosent post it. Doutzen Kroes is a famous model and I saw a video of het saying she feltbad making so much money when people are less fortunate so donating money makes her feel bettet. Thats all she said that it made her feel bad. Not WAAAAAHHH SURVIVORS GUILT MY FAMILY IS POOR BUT IM A MILLIONAIRE STOP MINIMIZING MY MENTAL ILLNESS I REALLY DO HAVE SURVIORS GUILT trust me we arent minimizing youre mental illness we know youre straight up delusional. Also what about shane Dawson he came from a poor back round and made a ton of money on youtube yet some how managed to not cry about his "survivors guilt" he helps his family. If they dont accept her help than i guess thats a another thing but if she really "survived" such hard "trauma" while they didn't YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD TAKE THE FREAKING HELP. Now i could also may be see if gabbie ment this regarding all her family was abused growing up and she was the only one who came out well functioning while everyone else is low functioning and troubled but SHE CLEARLY still has her own issues!

Pearl+sweetie
Talker
Talker

Post by Pearl+sweetie »

Also I just thought about how offensive this could be to her family. I mean shes saying she was the only who survived and made it out, overcame it. What if some of her siblings are just normal people? Normal people normal jobs and gabbies over here like I DID IT ME I WAS THE ONE OUT OF ALL OF THEM WHO SURVIVED.

hungreeandhornee
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Once again Gabbie proves she can’t take criticism. Everywhere I look online states survivors guilt as “feeling guilty about surviving an event that others did not, such as murder, natural disasters, genocide, abuse, etc.” my friend is studying mental illness in college and even he agreed that what Gabbie is feeling is not survivors guilt, but frugality. I could KIND OF see a bit of survivors guilt if she and her family ended up homeless for a time and she was the only one who made it out okay while the rest are still out on the streets, but that’s not the case. She’s stated that her mom and four younger siblings moved into a new, bigger house (not sure why her dad wasn’t mentioned), both of her older sisters have stable jobs with husbands/partners and children of their own, they CLEARLY have enough money to put a roof over their heads and feed themselves. I’m just trying to find out where that survivors guilt comes from??
Also, I agree: if Gabbie feels like she has such bad survivors guilt over money, why doesn’t she donate it to her family or a charity? Instead of using it on mediocre music?
That whole rant because of a few comments correcting her. Learn to accept you’re wrong, Gabbie. It’ll help you in the long run.

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

Why is it then that she doesn't just GIVE HER FAMILY ALL OF HER MONEY? If she feels guilty about having more than them, make it so that she doesn't. Ugh. Then she whines that the people who called her out for being wrong are the ones that are wrong. She has people that are literally trying to twist the definition in the comments so that it fits to how she described. "Non-mortal! So poverty totally fits!" No. Poverty is not equivalent to abuse or rape level tiers of trauma. Survivor's guilt was up until recently listed in the DSM as its own thing, and recently recategorized into a subcategory of PTSD. So perhaps this should be something she discusses with her therapist who can then tell her she's wrong, and not the internet - but then who would give her all of her asspats?

hungreeandhornee
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

ParisianDoll wrote:Why is it then that she doesn't just GIVE HER FAMILY ALL OF HER MONEY? If she feels guilty about having more than them, make it so that she doesn't. Ugh. Then she whines that the people who called her out for being wrong are the ones that are wrong. She has people that are literally trying to twist the definition in the comments so that it fits to how she described. "Non-mortal! So poverty totally fits!" No. Poverty is not equivalent to abuse or rape level tiers of trauma. Survivor's guilt was up until recently listed in the DSM as its own thing, and recently recategorized into a subcategory of PTSD. So perhaps this should be something she discusses with her therapist who can then tell her she's wrong, and not the internet - but then who would give her all of her asspats?
I read about that, how survivors guilt is now under PTSD. Maybe she thinks that because she has a form of PTSD she has survivors guilt by default?

hungreeandhornee
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Also, what toxicity?? All of the comments I’ve seen have only been politely explaining why she’s wrong. Correct me if I’m wrong, but survivor guilt can’t be diagnosed by a doctor, especially now that it’s classified under PTSD. A therapist, maybe...but not a regular physician.
Also, again, unless her family is still living on the streets and she made it out ok, this is NOT the correct term. Until she reveals the whole truth as to why her having money is “survivor guilt”, then she’s going to be corrected, plain and simple.

caprese
Debater
Debater

Post by caprese »

Ok this actually pisses me off.

She goes from claiming she was "extremely impoverished" to putting "poverty" in quotes because someone called out that lower middle class is not poverty.

One of many conflicting stories she's told: She talked about getting her own GameBoy and GameBoy camera for Christmas growing up, and while poor people of course want to buy gifts for their kids and find ways to, "EXTREMELY" impoverished people would not be able to spend the original $70 (GameBoy) and $50 (camera) and plenty of games for just one child's gift. I'm willing to look bad by making assumptions but I can almost guarantee Gabbie has never witnessed "extreme poverty" in her life. It applies to people who make <$1.90/day. I can buy them having been poor, and I'm not denying the turmoil that can have on a child, but to make the claim that she was "extremely impoverished" because she can't admit to being wrong and needs to look as victim-y as possible, is disgusting.

And no, correcting a person on a term is not "questioning their mental health," Gabbie. Cool your ego before it causes the heat death of the universe
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

caprese
Debater
Debater

Post by caprese »

Sorry for double post but all of the comments saying they can't afford the phone she has /is assuming her fans have should hopefully be a wake-up call
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jizzkhalifa
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by jizzkhalifa »

Jesus Christ. Imagine being so much of a narcissist that you can't even at least ENTERTAIN the idea you could be wrong. Or that at least whoever diagnosed you could be. Doctors, psychologist, etc. aren't immune to being wrong. She think that just because she studied psychology it makes her an expert on mental health.

Also, it seems like she's slowly but surely weasling her way back into the vlog squad. I was shook. I had to make sure I wasn't just imagining Jason in the thumbnail lol.

RenaiHunter
Informer
Informer

Post by RenaiHunter »

New thread name suggestion: Offkey Hanna / ThePathologicalLyingShow

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

I bet Gabbie's definition of "extremely impoverished" is having to buy generic instead of name-brand products and having to work to pay for college which MOST PEOPLE DO GABBIE!
Also,Gabbie is 100% that bitch who would not help her family with money because "they didn't help her"(and she high-key hates her parents and resents her younger siblings for simply existing and making her even more poor)

MyNameIsMay
Lurker
Lurker

Post by MyNameIsMay »

I often wonder what is the deal with her family? She goes on these rants about having the worst family ever without really saying much of anything. I feel she does it to get cloud and seem relatable. If she does have a shitty relationship with her family, I feel that's all on her, it's quite telling she always ends things badly with everyone, from friends, other YouTubers, past relationships, you call it she's fucked it up and badly. It's interesting she's always talking about mental health but she never seems to analyze herself and recognize that the problem is HER.

Anyway, I think her whining about her family is the built up to get a lot of views after she finally makes a video about it, she reminds me of Loey Lane and the drama surrounding her husband in that sense.

ParisianDoll
Informer
Informer

Post by ParisianDoll »

I know it's beyond the reach of imagination, but I really wish that she would just ONCE let go of her ego, and admit she's wrong, or even if she isn't willing to go that far just say "I hear you" to the opposition instead of trying to fight back or add layers of intrigue with her "you don't know the whole story!" bullshit. Okay. Don't bring it up if you're not willing to discuss it fully. It's a double edged sword discussing mental health with an audience as large as hers, I suppose, but she's been around long enough that she should know better.

glittertorres
Informer
Informer

Post by glittertorres »

MyNameIsMay wrote:I often wonder what is the deal with her family? She goes on these rants about having the worst family ever without really saying much of anything. I feel she does it to get cloud and seem relatable. If she does have a shitty relationship with her family, I feel that's all on her, it's quite telling she always ends things badly with everyone, from friends, other YouTubers, past relationships, you call it she's fucked it up and badly. It's interesting she's always talking about mental health but she never seems to analyze herself and recognize that the problem is HER.

Anyway, I think her whining about her family is the built up to get a lot of views after she finally makes a video about it, she reminds me of Loey Lane and the drama surrounding her husband in that sense.
I always wonder if her younger siblings have to deal with the backlash of this at school.

caprese
Debater
Debater

Post by caprese »

MyNameIsMay wrote:I often wonder what is the deal with her family? She goes on these rants about having the worst family ever without really saying much of anything. I feel she does it to get cloud and seem relatable. If she does have a shitty relationship with her family, I feel that's all on her, it's quite telling she always ends things badly with everyone, from friends, other YouTubers, past relationships, you call it she's fucked it up and badly. It's interesting she's always talking about mental health but she never seems to analyze herself and recognize that the problem is HER.

What I really hate is if anyone dares make a point to call her out for being toxic, suddenly her mental health issues are a shield. Like, no, I know these people rushing to her defense are over-sensitive hypocritical pearl-clutchers but they can't say "it's not her fault, think of her depression!" then in the same breath say "slay queen drag your PaThOLogiCaL LiAr ex!!"

Do I believe she's depressed? Sure, but that doesn't make her scamming, lying, embellishing, hate-campaigning any less worthy of criticism. If she's fine collecting $$$$$$$ for low-effort raging into a camera, having an open comment section is part of the deal, sorry. She could always hide comments, but we know she survives on non-stop validation from strangers.

What these stans don't understand is that you can feel bad for the child she was when whatever shit went down but not feel bad for the adult she is, the almost 28 year-old WOMAN who is infantilizing herself and others like her by pushing the narrative that you can't have mental health issues AND tolerate criticism like an adult.

Cheesey
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Cheesey »

jizzkhalifa wrote:Jesus Christ. Imagine being so much of a narcissist that you can't even at least ENTERTAIN the idea you could be wrong. Or that at least whoever diagnosed you could be. Doctors, psychologist, etc. aren't immune to being wrong. She think that just because she studied psychology it makes her an expert on mental health.

Also, it seems like she's slowly but surely weasling her way back into the vlog squad. I was shook. I had to make sure I wasn't just imagining Jason in the thumbnail lol.

she seemed to be sucking up to trisha at that party

Return to “TheGabbieShow”