TheGabbieShow part 2

shortcake1111
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheGabbieShow part 2

Post by shortcake1111 »

In an old video she said she didn't know races were a thing except white and black until she went to college. She obviously uses being middle eastern because it's a trend to be "ethnic" now :roll:
I have a seriously hard time believing this. Either she's lying or very ignorant or both.

Girl thinks she's so above Tana but she's every bit as hyperbolic and superficial.

sotragic
Lurker
Lurker

Post by sotragic »

shortcake1111 wrote:Um. Has anyone been watching her IG stories. She's been rambling on and on and on about people's perceptions of each other as if it's mind-blowing shit when it's really just coming across as a 14 year old getting high for the first time, thinking they're deep as hell while they won't stop talking and killing everyone's vibe.

A bunch of this was in rants alone in her bed, then her car, but then there's one with some guy in the background who looks SO bored/done with her pseudo-intellectual nonsense :rofl:
it's like she's a perpetual middle schooler lol it makes me cringe so bad & it's gotten worse in the form of a poem (i'm sorry i look like such a poem hater lol)

was she always this cringey??

7abiib_azzubb
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by 7abiib_azzubb »

The focus on Gabbie's (and other - especially - female yourtubers' physical features) is part of the larger systemic issue of society's biased focus on women's physical appearance. I know Jeffrree Star's forum critiques how he looks, but there is something so much more... focused when it comes to female youtubers on this site. And someone like Fouseytube who literally tatoos a hairline on his bald head gets nothing mentioned. It's clear gender bias. And it's not just Gabbie's forum, either.

Yeah, a lot of youtubers change their physical features with fillers and botox and plastic surgery, etc. But that's because society has a magnifying lens on them, and expects them to maintain a certain look. The fact that we are critiquing their faces and bodies is but another symptom of this issue, and further pushes these standards on them... and us, by extension.

So, maybe, we can stop with the screenshots and the face/body shaming and just focus on the content and the personality, instead?

:respekt:

Mosie926
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Mosie926 »

7abiib_azzubb wrote:The focus on Gabbie's (and other - especially - female yourtubers' physical features) is part of the larger systemic issue of society's biased focus on women's physical appearance. I know Jeffrree Star's forum critiques how he looks, but there is something so much more... focused when it comes to female youtubers on this site. And someone like Fouseytube who literally tatoos a hairline on his bald head gets nothing mentioned. It's clear gender bias. And it's not just Gabbie's forum, either.

Yeah, a lot of youtubers change their physical features with fillers and botox and plastic surgery, etc. But that's because society has a magnifying lens on them, and expects them to maintain a certain look. The fact that we are critiquing their faces and bodies is but another symptom of this issue, and further pushes these standards on them... and us, by extension.

So, maybe, we can stop with the screenshots and the face/body shaming and just focus on the content and the personality, instead?

:respekt:

You didn't read the comments under Yousef's video they were beyond brutal. I was cringing the entire time I read them. From is 'hair ' to eyebrows to body type let's not talk about the he needs a nose job.
If life is like a box of chocolates, why am I getting all the coconut ones :(.

Purple_Aussie
Debater
Debater

Post by Purple_Aussie »

Please don't come in here saying that youtubers get plastic surgery because of "societal standards" because that's just as oppressing and negative. Because believe it or not these people have brains and can think for themselves and can decide to get the work done BECAUSE THEY WANT TO. In a lot of cases they'll say they get the work done because it's SOMETHING THEY WANTED TO DO BECAUSE THEY LIKED IT. There are always going to be people who judge others for their looks, there's no point in preaching. Instead, go and build others up and try to help them block out the negativity.

Sent from my CPH1719 using Tapatalk

QueenKunta
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenKunta »

sotragic wrote:
shortcake1111 wrote:Um. Has anyone been watching her IG stories. She's been rambling on and on and on about people's perceptions of each other as if it's mind-blowing shit when it's really just coming across as a 14 year old getting high for the first time, thinking they're deep as hell while they won't stop talking and killing everyone's vibe.

A bunch of this was in rants alone in her bed, then her car, but then there's one with some guy in the background who looks SO bored/done with her pseudo-intellectual nonsense :rofl:
it's like she's a perpetual middle schooler lol it makes me cringe so bad & it's gotten worse in the form of a poem (i'm sorry i look like such a poem hater lol)

Her book is pretty cringe. I bought around 12 youtuber books, I was going to do a series reviewing and calling out lies

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

QueenKunta
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenKunta »

Smi0071 wrote:
Nolitaflat wrote:
[H] wrote:
crusty gossip wrote:Can anyone explain or link me to the drama about guy tang? what did she do to him?
Basically the low down is that Guy Tang dyed her hair purple/lilac, Gabbie acted all excited and kept insisting that she loved it. A few days later she suddenly decides she doesn’t like it anymore and basically blames it on an identity crisis. So Guy more or less wasted his time.
Don’t forget to talk about the video where she was straight up trashing him, but no it’s not my fault it’s my CPTSD that doesn’t allow me to get haircuts waaahhh but I really love it and he did a good job but just AnXiEtYyyyy
This makes me so unbelievably angry at her!!

I have CPTSD and anxiety; have for many years and I am just as bad with change and hair cuts etc. But when I get my hair cut I would never ever blame anything on a hair dresser if I didn't like it or was freaking out because of my CPTSD.

The moment I book an appointment or walk in a salon I give up all rights; CPTSD or not to blame a hair dresser.

She made the CHOICE to get her hair cut, she knew full well she had difficulty with doing so. THAT IS NOT THE HAIR DRESSERS FAULT.
Some of these youtubers are really minimalizimg mental illness. As well as straight UP lying about official diagnosis especially panic attacks and panic disorder. I have C-PTSD from a rape at gun point, panic attacks that have lead to me working my oxygen down 87% and a heart rate of 135. Anxiety is extremely extremly common and comes in all shapes in forms as does PTSD. (Panic disorder though...yeah, pretty straight forward. What I am getting at? She’s using her mental health as excuses for her behavior. She’s a public figure and claiming mental health is as result for assholeness hurts us all who are suffering

pandry
Informer
Informer

Post by pandry »

QueenKunta wrote:
sotragic wrote:

Her book is pretty cringe. I bought around 12 youtuber books, I was going to do a series reviewing and calling out lies

Omg 12... you're doing God's work

QueenKunta
Informer
Informer

Post by QueenKunta »

Smi0071 wrote:
Nolitaflat wrote:
[H] wrote:
crusty gossip wrote:Can anyone explain or link me to the drama about guy tang? what did she do to him?
Basically the low down is that Guy Tang dyed her hair purple/lilac, Gabbie acted all excited and kept insisting that she loved it. A few days later she suddenly decides she doesn’t like it anymore and basically blames it on an identity crisis. So Guy more or less wasted his time.
Don’t forget to talk about the video where she was straight up trashing him, but no it’s not my fault it’s my CPTSD that doesn’t allow me to get haircuts waaahhh but I really love it and he did a good job but just AnXiEtYyyyy
This makes me so unbelievably angry at her!!

I have CPTSD and anxiety; have for many years and I am just as bad with change and hair cuts etc. But when I get my hair cut I would never ever blame anything on a hair dresser if I didn't like it or was freaking out because of my CPTSD.

The moment I book an appointment or walk in a salon I give up all rights; CPTSD or not to blame a hair dresser.

She made the CHOICE to get her hair cut, she knew full well she had difficulty with doing so. THAT IS NOT THE HAIR DRESSERS FAULT.
Some of these youtubers are really minimalizimg mental illness. As well as straight UP lying about official diagnosis especially panic attacks and panic disorder. I have C-PTSD from a rape at gun point, panic attacks that have lead to me working my oxygen down 87% and a heart rate of 135. Anxiety is extremely extremly common and comes in all shapes in forms as does PTSD. (Panic disorder though...yeah, pretty straight forward. What I am getting at? She’s using her mental health as excuses for her behavior. She’s a public figure and claiming mental health is as result for assholeness hurts us all who are suffering

shortcake1111
Informer
Informer

Post by shortcake1111 »

^ Yes. I see so many people online both trivializing the seriousness of certain disorders as well as pathologizing normal human reactions to things. Making kids think if they're nervous for things that are normal to feel nervous over (tests, presentations, interviews etc.) they're suddenly "disordered" and "can't" do things. You'll also see people wearing self-diagnosed "disorders" almost as accessories. Trying to evoke pity and gather attention under the guise of "spreading awareness." I work in mental health and it's pretty frustrating to see; the key is always "do no harm," but I think it's fair to say there's some harm being done here.

If Gabbie has the nerve to basically profit off of her supposed disorder by using it to shill BetterHelp, she better take the time to explain why self-diagnosis is wrong. (But also, didn't she recently bash the concept of therapy altogether? Nice.) If she wants to have a positive impact she needs to be more mindful about establishing the limits of her authority on mental health issues with her audience. Having a disorder doesn't make you an expert on it, and while everyone is free to share their stories and struggles, kids need to understand that these personal anecdotes are subjective.... and that these YouTubers don't have all the answers just because they have a large following.

autumnpe49
Learner
Learner

Post by autumnpe49 »

Can she CHILL with the “I am a person, you are a person,” existential BS? These are things that people who don’t have their head up their ass are already aware of, homegirl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

alphaB13 wrote:
TakingaSip wrote:
dollsteak wrote:I've been dying to know how Gabbie reacted to the whole Tanacon thing because she's so self-centered, and in Shane's video today about it there's a part where he's on the phone with Tana and she says "I want to go back and pay talent for their time, like I feel so bad for Gabbie Show she's SO upset I don't even know what to say"

This is pure opinion, but I really can't imagine Gabbie is SO upset for anyone but herself, especially given the context of what Tana said about wanting to pay talent. Fuck the people who really suffered, Gabbie's having a feeling. :roll:

She's probably only upset because she didn't get paid to perform, I honestly doubt she would have gone to Tanacon if she wasn't getting paid she only does things if there's something in it for her. Maybe that's why she tweeted about how awesome vidcon was
I LOLed at her calling her GabbieShow instead of Gabbie as if they aren't friends because they probably aren't.
OK I had to quote my own post here because I was laughing about Tana referring to her as "thegabbieshow" on the phone with Shane and now she's mentioned everyone referring to her as "thegabbieshow" instead of her actual name in her INSTAGRAM story and I feel so validated :rofl:

ilfiore
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ilfiore »

“Here’s the thing about being a liar. When you finally tell the truth, no one knows if they can believe you or not.”

Wtf lmao. That’s not “dropping knowledge”... that’s literally the lesson learned in a story told to little kids

alphaB13
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by alphaB13 »

ilfiore wrote:Image
“Here’s the thing about being a liar. When you finally tell the truth, no one knows if they can believe you or not.”

Wtf lmao. That’s not “dropping knowledge”... that’s literally the lesson learned in a story told to little kids
Dear Gabbie, please google "the boy who cried wolf" and cancel your video.

honeybaby
Talker
Talker

Post by honeybaby »

ilfiore wrote:Image

no offence but she sounds like a post malone parody account

surfergirl+33
Informer
Informer

Post by surfergirl+33 »

She's so passive aggressive and irritated in her IG story about being called The Gabbie Show. Gabbie, there are people dying.

spacey11
Talker
Talker

Post by spacey11 »

surfergirl+33 wrote:She's so passive aggressive and irritated in her IG story about being called The Gabbie Show. Gabbie, there are people dying.
She’s comparing herself to drake and shit. Like girl other celebrities aren’t known solely for their online personality, so they aren’t called their Instagram handle. Gabbie is only known because of YouTube vine and Instagram, and even tho she changed her YouTube name a year ago, the majority of her career she has been known as the Gabbie show. Is she really that dense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[halloweendarlin]
Talker
Talker

Post by [halloweendarlin] »

I don't know if this has been covered in the past or not, but why is she always in skin tight work out gear? We get it. You skinny.

Queen-Lurker
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Queen-Lurker »

[halloweendarlin] wrote:I don't know if this has been covered in the past or not, but why is she always in skin tight work out gear? We get it. You skinny.
Maybe because her ass looks unflattering in jeans Image

Butterflywing
Informer
Informer

Post by Butterflywing »

They do look nice and juicy now.

Return to “TheGabbieShow”