TheGabbieShow

Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TheGabbieShow

Post by Booboo2 »

Her anxiety is probably the main reason why she struggled with her weight so much in the first place, and now she is struggling with her body image. Anxiety can trigger binges and Ed behavior and thoughts. Maybe shane was right on the podcast, like someone here said, they were talking about meds and he said “you should consider it” . Whoever said that, I agree it was funny.

Also David Dobrik used to call her fat to her face. That probably just affirmed her anxiety about her body back then. Honestly it’s probably why she is making such a big stink about “my new body!!!”, probably trying to get the scrawny weasle David's attention. She even said on the podcast that she likes tall skinny boys, aka david.

zvezdochka
Talker
Talker

Post by zvezdochka »

jessaaa wrote:That tweet she posted a few days back (I believe) comparing her old self to her current self was kind of... bad, in my opinion. I could very well be reading too far into this but it felt like she was saying the old her was bad because of her appearance vs the current Gabbie?
Interesting perspective, because first thing I thought seeing those pictures side by side, that the girl glowed up. She's radiating confidence, I love her style and hair in that photo. Nothing to do with weight.

Yet when she talks, yes, it's obvious she has some issues, but is working on it. God speed.

Quiet_Nights
Debater
Debater

Post by Quiet_Nights »

Also David Dobrik used to call her fat to her face. That probably just affirmed her anxiety about her body back then. Honestly it’s probably why she is making such a big stink about “my new body!!!”, probably trying to get the scrawny weasle David's attention. She even said on the podcast that she likes tall skinny boys, aka david.
I remember watching a vlog long back where David mentioned that he doesn't think she's fat, he only said it and keeps saying it because she harps on the fact that she's fat and he's tired of reassuring her that she's not.

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

She definitely has some serious body image issues. I can relate, but watching it is kind of cringey because she kind of half-jokes about it but you can tell she’s actually serious and extremely insecure, which makes her look desperate for validation and approval, and desperation is never attractive.

squirtlessquad
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by squirtlessquad »

I think she looks great.
She was in a new smosh video and I thought she was a nice addition.

Kinda over her "brand" tho. The self deprecating thing where no one loves her etc.

I don't want to invalidate her feelings but still. It's just frustrating because you can't move on if she really does feel like that if she's constantly bringing it back up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrixyTang
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TrixyTang »

ceragresham wrote:
Faffy wrote:
Purple Blood wrote:
devilsarcherist wrote:Her last couple of videos have been so boring. I've stopped each after like a minute and a half
Same.
The intro to her latest video was super cringy she was like "oh this video was filmed months ago,my body looks sooo much better now,I can't believe how bad my body looked then"
Lately she's been constantly saying "oh look how good I look,look at my body,don't I look soooo good?"
It's one thing to be confident and love yourself but it's entirely different to be conceited and love yourself a little bit too much!
I don't mind Gabbie being confident about her body, but I think it's so scary that she said she wasn't going to post the video because she wanted to re-do it with her new body. What a messed up way of thinking....and she's pretty influential to young girls. I feel like a young girl could definitely read into it and look at Gabbie's body in the video and feel ashamed if they have the same body shape or perhaps an "even worse" body shape.

Also, I couldn't even watch the entire video. How can a dance video be boring??? Only Gabbie could make it boring lmao
I think it was boring because it was an obvious attempt at fishing for compliments on how good of a dancer she is.
Except shes not a good dancer :rofl:

Booboo2
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Booboo2 »

Quiet_Nights wrote:
I remember watching a vlog long back where David mentioned that he doesn't think she's fat, he only said it and keeps saying it because she harps on the fact that she's fat and he's tired of reassuring her that she's not.
Eh, it’s still not ok to joke about a girl being fat. I know he was only like 18 or something when he did that, but it was still shitty. David is generally an uncaring person.

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

Yeah imagine hearing that from someone you have a crush on.... (i think Gabbie def had a crush on David). It might be a joke and it might even be justified if she didn’t let it go in the first place, but it would still be damaging to someone who struggles with body image issues.

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

Booboo2 wrote:Her anxiety is probably the main reason why she struggled with her weight so much in the first place, and now she is struggling with her body image. Anxiety can trigger binges and Ed behavior and thoughts.
oh so true. This is exactly what started my ED. The sad thing is that the anxiety feeds the ED, and the ED feeds the anxiety. I don’t think Gabbie has an eating disorder, but i do agree that her anxiety likely makes her body image issues much worse.

Quiet_Nights
Debater
Debater

Post by Quiet_Nights »

Booboo2 wrote:
Quiet_Nights wrote:
Eh, it’s still not ok to joke about a girl being fat. I know he was only like 18 or something when he did that, but it was still shitty. David is generally an uncaring person.
Yes I agree, I wasn't defending him, I remember being annoyed when he called her fat and this was the reason he gave and somehow it stuck with me and also you're right he's an uncaring person and joking or not, those words do hurt :(

luluguava
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by luluguava »

Quiet_Nights wrote:
Booboo2 wrote:
Quiet_Nights wrote:
Yes I agree, I wasn't defending him, I remember being annoyed when he called her fat and this was the reason he gave and somehow it stuck with me and also you're right he's an uncaring person and joking or not, those words do hurt :(
While I agree that David is a shitty person, I can't help but think that if she didn't make her being fat and having a shitty nose the constant subject of a lot of her content then no one but trolls would even think of those things (I can only imagine how annoying it must be off camera when she constantly asks if she looks fat/complains about her body and face).

I don't mean to defend David at all as I don't care for him but in this instance, I can see how the punchline is more about her being obsessed with bringing up these insecurities rather than her literally being fat.

Izabella

Post by Izabella »

The way she was prancing around that bookstore trying to get people to buy her book "because it's #3 of ny best sellers" was the most obnoxious thing I have ever watched.

Lornemalv0
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by Lornemalv0 »

Her in that bookstore is so cringey. No one cared, they just gave her confused looks. She has no self awareness lol

devilsarcherist
Learner
Learner

Post by devilsarcherist »

Those glasses she keeps wearing are not at all cute on her. I listened to a bit of her new song and thought Out Loud was better, and I didn't like Out Loud very much.

Purple Blood
Informer
Informer

Post by Purple Blood »

devilsarcherist wrote: I listened to a bit of her new song and thought Out Loud was better, and I didn't like Out Loud very much.
Same :roll:
At least Out Loud was catchy,I forgot the new one as soon as I listened to it

snowyleopard
Learner
Learner

Post by snowyleopard »

ill Disagree and say I like this new song a lot more. Maybe I just like the lyrics better too.

too_curious
Learner
Learner

Post by too_curious »

Her new song consisted of a lot of cliches that resonate with her audience. Her songs really lack depth.

dannickyyourbobbies
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by dannickyyourbobbies »

Her new song is worse than out loud imo. Bad lyrics, bad melodies, bad production. The hook is actually so poorly written and lazy it kinda makes me mad. I really think that singing just isn't her thing and she should call it quits. At least trisha's songs don't take themselves seriously...

PocusHocus
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by PocusHocus »

I think the song is decent, but just kind of whatever and definitely not a hit or anything. I had the same reaction to out loud as well. But man, the lyrics.... sooooooo corny....... and I’m pretty sure her main job (besides the singing of course) is writing the lyrics. I just don’t think she’s a good writer at all. She’s kind of stuck in 8th grade angst phase with that. If she got some vocal training to sing better live and either worked on her lyrics or just had someone else write them, her music would be better. But at that point, what is the point, really... maybe she needs to broaden her literary horizons and just spend some time reading a lot to get a feel of what good writing actually is.

tctp
Informer
Informer

Post by tctp »

i'm sorry but she's just not.... a good singer. at least not yet. it sounds like it hurts her to sing. if she wants to do this for real, she should be focusing on singing lessons to strengthen her voice. if she would practice (with a professional) enough to get better, she might be able to have someone write songs for her that don't sound like 2008 Camp Rock rejects. i'm glad that she seems to be excited about her music, and i think that she should go for it if it's what she wants to do, but why is she in such a rush? why not just take the time to learn how to actually sing and write some good songs (or better yet, find a writer who wants her to sing their song)? why don't youtubers ever take the time to do things right?

Return to “TheGabbieShow”