whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Locked
veearremm
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:39 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by veearremm » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:36 am

konfetit wrote:Image

This outfit is awful!
It looks like something a child would wear to elementary school.
lol that is what I wore in elementary school...in about 1995/96.

User avatar
glitterkitten
Talker
Talker
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:52 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by glitterkitten » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:57 am

I really enjoyed this week's vlog and tbh I only watch her vlogs now, the rest of her videos are shit. It's good that she's taking care of herself, I think it sends a good message to her demographic. BUT I wish she would use the extra time she has to take a writing class, I'm sure there are some in London and it wouldn't take much out of her week and it would improve her blog immensely. I don't really understand why Gleam don't encourage it?

User avatar
northern native
Informer
Informer
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:54 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by northern native » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:44 am

Tbh even if don't like the outift, it's nice seeing her in something other than black jeans and a sweater. She doesn't even own a proper pair of heels I don't think, those Whistles block heels were so freaking awful I can't even talk about them. I know a lot of girls don't feel comfortable in dress & heels combo, but she thinks she's like special for coming around everywhere in black Topshop jeans, sorry you aren't, you just look lazy.

User avatar
-P-
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Posts: 1229
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:39 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by -P- » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:56 am

veearremm wrote:
konfetit wrote:Image

This outfit is awful!
It looks like something a child would wear to elementary school.
lol that is what I wore in elementary school...in about 1995/96.
I giggle whenever I see those skirts at Topshop/H&M, etc. I remembered wearing them when I was a kid, as well!

CantHandleTheTruth
Learner
Learner
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:15 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by CantHandleTheTruth » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:22 am

smitten258 wrote:so now she said officially that she's cutting back to two videos per week - so i guess she's paid for all of the stuff she needed for new home and doesn't need the extra cash anymore :P
Yes! SO obvious it was going to happen. It has pretty much confirmed in my head that it has to do with money.

I kinda thought she might keep it up in order to pay for their wedding :?

User avatar
okitsune
Informer
Informer
Posts: 422
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:59 am
Location: UK
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by okitsune » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:11 am

CantHandleTheTruth wrote:
smitten258 wrote:so now she said officially that she's cutting back to two videos per week - so i guess she's paid for all of the stuff she needed for new home and doesn't need the extra cash anymore :P
Yes! SO obvious it was going to happen. It has pretty much confirmed in my head that it has to do with money.

I kinda thought she might keep it up in order to pay for their wedding :?
I'm sure she'll bump up the uploads very soon, maybe after christmas as she said she's not doing vlogmas this year. Don't forget that around this time of year bloggers/vloggers get a lot of cash from sponsorships because they use them to promote seasonal stuff etc, so I'm sure she's still racking plenty of money even if she's just uploading 2x week
Image :love2:

User avatar
maryjane
Learner
Learner
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:03 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by maryjane » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:25 pm

ugh I find Lily so dull. She always seems so miserable and she's always complaining about something. Her videos are boring, even when she tries to be ~creative and unique~, like with her autumn video and her friend's wardrobe video. :roll: I think she's a bit spoilt tbh, she can come across as very entitled and self-righteous at times. Maybe it's cos she's from a well off family or maybe the Youtube success has gone to her head. Who knows.

Rich is cute though! Props to him for wanting to spend the rest of his life with her. A 10 minute video is too much for me. :x

lananans
Wallflower
Wallflower
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:30 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by lananans » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:16 pm

She really is always complaining isn't she? Her snapchat is basically just her moaning at the screen. The thing that pissed me off yesterday or today , can't remember, was that she complained that in the magazine that her hair and makeup was credited to the makeup artist on shoot, but she did her own, because she "likes to do her own makeup for shoots," because nobody can replicate the looks she does?? Ugh. I'd be thrilled to have someone do my makeup for a shoot, and wouldn't it be kind of disrespectful to be like, oh sorry, I did my own, I don't trust you?

murasaki
Learner
Learner
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by murasaki » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:28 pm

smitten258 wrote:I find the pose to be waaay worse than what she's wearing ...she looks like some plasticky barbie doll whose arm got turned around.
I think that was the idea.
Image

User avatar
northern native
Informer
Informer
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:54 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by northern native » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:34 am

Lilly's catchphrase is "bit annoying isn't it" lbr

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1563
Joined: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:00 pm
Has thanked: 27 times
Been thanked: 115 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by Rosie Ribbons » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:56 am

lananans wrote:She really is always complaining isn't she? Her snapchat is basically just her moaning at the screen. The thing that pissed me off yesterday or today , can't remember, was that she complained that in the magazine that her hair and makeup was credited to the makeup artist on shoot, but she did her own, because she "likes to do her own makeup for shoots," because nobody can replicate the looks she does?? Ugh. I'd be thrilled to have someone do my makeup for a shoot, and wouldn't it be kind of disrespectful to be like, oh sorry, I did my own, I don't trust you?
^This! She also complained that they used 'What i Heart Today' as her brand title which apparently she hasn't used for years! They had also asked her to bring anything but black to wear for the photoshoot but she said that wasn't going to happen! She wouldnt let them do her makeup - she must be a real treat to have as a client in a photoshoot!

User avatar
poulet
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Posts: 1605
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:11 am
Location: Europe
Has thanked: 54 times
Been thanked: 123 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by poulet » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:03 am

God, imagine her as Beyonce :D

User avatar
noragrets
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:15 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by noragrets » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:57 am

to be fair i kinda understand why she'd be annoyed that they'd use her old username. i don't understand why you wouldn't let a professional makeup artist do their job and insist on doing it yourself. if i was lily i'd relish the chance to have someone else do my makeup - it's always fun to see what other people choose to do with your face, even if you wouldn't think of doing it yourself

doudette86
Informer
Informer
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:01 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by doudette86 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:05 pm

i'm a bit annoyed she'ell be uploading only 2 videos from now on, but to be fair, many Youtubers upload way less than her shitty quality videos, yet they have way more viewers than her, despite all the moanings and the infamous bushy eyebrows lol, she's been uploading regularly and in time, she is looking after herself, so i say good for you

User avatar
northern native
Informer
Informer
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:54 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by northern native » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:48 pm

Rosie Ribbons wrote:
lananans wrote:She really is always complaining isn't she? Her snapchat is basically just her moaning at the screen. The thing that pissed me off yesterday or today , can't remember, was that she complained that in the magazine that her hair and makeup was credited to the makeup artist on shoot, but she did her own, because she "likes to do her own makeup for shoots," because nobody can replicate the looks she does?? Ugh. I'd be thrilled to have someone do my makeup for a shoot, and wouldn't it be kind of disrespectful to be like, oh sorry, I did my own, I don't trust you?
^This! She also complained that they used 'What i Heart Today' as her brand title which apparently she hasn't used for years! They had also asked her to bring anything but black to wear for the photoshoot but she said that wasn't going to happen! She wouldnt let them do her makeup - she must be a real treat to have as a client in a photoshoot!
These people think they're actual celebrities when they had a grand total of like 7 people show up to their Germany meetup

lipstickunicorn
Talker
Talker
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by lipstickunicorn » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:07 am

I watched the Charlotte Tilbury and HM video and thought it was a bit weird she said that there was no way to monetise snapchat yet so she isn't making money from the snapmas she's planning. Thank the lord we have been blessed this christmas!

But I just thought it was a weird thing to say.

marie_antoinette
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 884
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:11 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by marie_antoinette » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:15 am

lipstickunicorn wrote:I watched the Charlotte Tilbury and HM video and thought it was a bit weird she said that there was no way to monetise snapchat yet so she isn't making money from the snapmas she's planning. Thank the lord we have been blessed this christmas!

But I just thought it was a weird thing to say.
Yeah it's weird because yt itself used to be a hobby but now anything not done for the money is apparently a big deal that deserves a specific mention.
Regarding snapchat, there is, actually - a lot of companies have jumped on the bandwagon and will pay you to show or mention their product in your snapchat videos.

YellowRoom
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:00 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by YellowRoom » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:09 am

Kind of bummed Lily wont be doing vlogmas this year. She's the only vlogger I like watching anymore - I think it's to do with the interesting non-yt friends, close family, and normal twenty-something personality. Sad that's so rare.

eileen_2015
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 3049
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:34 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by eileen_2015 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:52 am

Do Lilly and Anna not talk much anymore? They both just uploaded their October favourites video and the thumbnail is the exact same product. They're both showing it to the right of them, holding it up. They've both also got lipstick, Anna has a perfume and Lilly has a cream or foundation, but other than that, it is the exact same photo. Awwwkwaaarddd!!

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:40 am
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 147 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by TheChemist » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:25 am

eileen_2015 wrote:Do Lilly and Anna not talk much anymore? They both just uploaded their October favourites video and the thumbnail is the exact same product. They're both showing it to the right of them, holding it up. They've both also got lipstick, Anna has a perfume and Lilly has a cream or foundation, but other than that, it is the exact same photo. Awwwkwaaarddd!!


Came here to say the exact same! They're almost identical photos. Won't be trusting what they say about that product at all now (not that I do any more anyway)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eoz831
Informer
Informer
Posts: 492
Joined: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:34 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by eoz831 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:43 am

I thought the same as well. Doesn't help that they upload within minutes of each other on Sunday. They have the same viseart palette and Estée Lauder bases.

Tulips
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2405
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:14 pm
Has thanked: 488 times
Been thanked: 228 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by Tulips » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:47 am

Every four weeks all they have to do is talk/rave about what they've been sent that month :roll: If I started out as a beauty blogger/youtuber a couple of years ago, I'd be embarrassed that it would be obvious by now most of the items aren't really my favourites ;)

User avatar
fantasy
Debater
Debater
Posts: 204
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:53 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by fantasy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:34 am

TheChemist wrote:
eileen_2015 wrote:Do Lilly and Anna not talk much anymore? They both just uploaded their October favourites video and the thumbnail is the exact same product. They're both showing it to the right of them, holding it up. They've both also got lipstick, Anna has a perfume and Lilly has a cream or foundation, but other than that, it is the exact same photo. Awwwkwaaarddd!!


Came here to say the exact same! They're almost identical photos. Won't be trusting what they say about that product at all now (not that I do any more anyway)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I came on here to post the exact same thing! Their videos showed up at the same time in my subscription box and it's almost laughable how similar the thumbnails are. Since they upload only a few minutes apart like someone said earlier, they should really talk about these things! They're so alike it's getting a bit ridiculous imo.

Image

User avatar
northern native
Informer
Informer
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:54 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by northern native » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:23 am

You can really see side by side neither of them are at all photogenic. Also I haven't seen either video yet, but Anna's palette doesn't even look touched in that thumbnail.

velvet-guru
Debater
Debater
Posts: 244
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 9:34 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles Part 2

Post by velvet-guru » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:46 am

Lily's October Favourites video was bad...first of all, the end of the month is always the worst because its just bloody boring favourites videos that EVERYONE uploads.

Her stop motion was terrible. It was *too* quick, and the lighting was horrible the colours of the lipsticks especially were so off.

Her brows look the worst I have ever seen them. I would never in a million years take beauty advice from someone who thinks that those things on her forehead look good.

At least Anna has a positive attitude, I don't mind her videos so much because she has a smile on her face and is rather cheerful. Lily on the other hand is scowly, unhappy with everything (maybe thats just her angry brows!) and constantly complaining.

Locked

Return to “Lily Pebbles”