whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles

rosieeex
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles

Post by rosieeex » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:55 am

I despise sales! They're so crowded and Urgh. My motto is that if I didn't want it full price then I didn't want it enough so
Im still not going to but it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:19 am

liseppe wrote:Yes, I don't think her or Anna's style is "boring" either. It's just a more minimal, mature way of dressing rather than to buy clothes that are simply "fast fashion".

I used to be quite into the Gudrun Sjödén style, still admire it but as an adult now the clothes and accesories that Lily and Anna show are more appealing. Especially when so many youtubers dress and pretend to be bloomin' 12.

agreed. I really like the way they both dress. I much prefer it to the hipster look everyone else has. Monochrome all the way for me too!

but Lily does look lovely in colour, expecially because has darker skin, her outfit for nye was horrible but that blue looked lovely against her skin tone. If I wore something like that it would just completely wash me out because I'm so pale!

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:04 am

I don't know where Lily shops but in regular stores whenever it is the sales, you don't have bins of clothes to sort through (unless you're shopping in some weird sort of thrift shop or whatever)... The store is just set up the way it usually is, with colored tags or some type of sale mark that's it. It does not turn into some sort of clothing jungle !
She's being such a drama queen !

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:27 am

ChloeVFA wrote:I don't know where Lily shops but in regular stores whenever it is the sales, you don't have bins of clothes to sort through (unless you're shopping in some weird sort of thrift shop or whatever)... The store is just set up the way it usually is, with colored tags or some type of sale mark that's it. It does not turn into some sort of clothing jungle !
My local Topshop is like a jungle in the sales personally, and it's not even a London sized one...

katelifinell
Informer
Informer

Post by katelifinell » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:43 am

ChloeVFA wrote:I don't know where Lily shops but in regular stores whenever it is the sales, you don't have bins of clothes to sort through (unless you're shopping in some weird sort of thrift shop or whatever)... The store is just set up the way it usually is, with colored tags or some type of sale mark that's it. It does not turn into some sort of clothing jungle !
I know some stores, especially after the holidays, will put bins of clothes out and have you rummage through them (I've seen Express do this frequently). Even stores that half a secluded sale rack or section stress me out since there's so many people in a small area fighting over too many clothes. Lily is a drama queen, but I've got to agree with how headache inducing sales can be.

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:04 am

I just watched the sponsored "morning detox" video and the whole thing was no different than an infomercial. Her voice was so mechanic, I am now watching Anna's and I know they are both ads but hers at least appears a bit more genuine and actually "routine" like than Lily's. Bleh.

ima
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by ima » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:45 am

lillian wrote:I just watched the sponsored "morning detox" video and the whole thing was no different than an infomercial. Her voice was so mechanic, I am now watching Anna's and I know they are both ads but hers at least appears a bit more genuine and actually "routine" like than Lily's. Bleh.
who is she trying to kid? No blogger has used Liz Earle in years!

conflate
Informer
Informer

Post by conflate » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:03 am

What is with one posting a morning detox routine and the other posting an evening detox routine? They should just join their channels because they are so codependent that there is almost no difference between them

tweed
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by tweed » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:41 am

Right? I don't even care if she doesn't really use Liz Earle honestly, clearly they are sponsored and they don't give a damn about Liz Earle. But I appreciated that Anna took time to make the products look like somewhat a part of her actual nightly routine since the rest of the products are the things we already know she likes (ie Oskia cleanser, bath salts etc.) Lily's was as personal as a shopping tv commercial, I've watched more sincere As Seen On Tv ads than her morning "routine". It was almost cringeworthy to watch. I'm 90% sure that she read the entire text while recording as well.

Pennycray
Informer
Informer

Post by Pennycray » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:20 am

Good god talk about wooden?! I'm sure she's done hundreds of sponsored videos in the past and you would never know. The moment she has to declare it - robot mode activated.
She must be cringing at all the negative comments she's getting!!

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:37 am

New video was horrendous! HER VOICE!!

The comments are well worth a read though, my favourite being this one:

"Which part of your arse did you pull the fact about juicing from this? This was fucking awful!!!"

Couldn't have written it better myself :rofl:
Really enjoying hating on this girl atm

producthoarder
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by producthoarder » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:12 am

If I were the PR team for Liz Earle, I'd never pay her another cent. So wooden and disinterested, sounded like she just wanted to get her cash and have it over with. Anna at least talked about the product in a way that was exciting and engaging and mentioned several other products that she genuinely enjoys to round out the advertorial nature of the video.

This is why I think that bloggers are spoiled and entitled. I can understand being paid to deliver killer content, but this was just lazy and half-arsed. She doesn't deserve to be doing this as a career if this is the effort she puts in.

JuliaWinston

Post by JuliaWinston » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:21 am

I used to like but this 'single white female' attachment to Anna is downright disturbing.

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:05 pm

Well hey, at least this time she loosely declared it was an advertisement. I say loosely because surely they should still have to define which brand or products are affected?

Also, what a shame to see another video using the nonsense "detox" crap. Oh yes having a juice is equal to your kidneys and liver functioning well :roll:

wtf
Talker
Talker

Post by wtf » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Oh god I've just watched the video and it's like she had a gun to her head whilst she was making it... At least try to pretend you care!

Some of the comments are giving genuinely constructive criticism or polite negative feedback and some sycophants are all "if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all" which is just ridiculous.

And another point, Lily always says she's a perfectionist (just like she always says how hard she works, I think she's convinced herself these are true when they're clearly not) but I don't believe a perfectionist would publish that video. How can she be happy with that - perfectionist or otherwise?

TheGirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheGirl » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:35 pm

Since Anna has her toothbrush clock on the wall I did notice that she applied that face mask and removed it 2 minutes later which I doubt is the recommended time, I know she's making a video and probably wants to keep the momentum of that going not sit about in a mask for ten minutes but it irrationally irritated me.

TheGirl
Lurker
Lurker

Post by TheGirl » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:39 pm

...however, I'll be needing that journal, acupressure mat and lumie light/clock... :love2: ;)

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:49 pm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

liz earle should stop payment bc of this.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubewatcher1 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Ugh. Anna again. Seriously, I'm starting to winder if Lilly's attracted to Anna, and having a boyfriend is a ruse.
Every video has mention of Anna. If we want to watch Anna, we would be watching her channel. Hello.

Lilywhite
Talker
Talker

Post by Lilywhite » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:25 pm

That was one of the biggest backlash I have ever seen on youtube, some comments about how utter rubbish that was had 200+ likes.
She just doesn't learn doe she? She truly is completely deluded into how hard she works and how difficult the youtube life is. From the lookbook at the very end of the season, to the how to master eyeliner *without* a single application demonstration, she keeps proving one thing alone - she sucks at this. She's got no charisma, zero creativity and a total lack of effort. Oh and lets not forget her blog posts, mind blowing stuff really.
Most brilliant example of being at the right place at the right time, leeching onto the right people all the way to the top.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:23 am

Lilywhite wrote: Most brilliant example of being at the right place at the right time, leeching onto the right people all the way to the top.
Totally agree with that. Like when I subscribed to her I was like oh a new way to find out about products etc. But it bothers me that she just does the same looks OVER and OVER again. And yes we get it you're not a make-up artist, but it's such a shame we don't get to see a product used to it's full potential. Like right now there is nothing special about Lily's channel or blog, it's not bursting with amazing content or showing us anything. Such a bore right now. I suspect she has worked hard, but she really was just lucky she was about when blogging and YouTube took off.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:58 am

Aww what a spoilsport. I was really enjoying reading those comments! A lot of the comments on Anna's video are about Lily though so I wonder if Anna will do the same...

Whoever said Lily was deluded about how hard she works, and how important her "job" is were spot on

Pennycray
Informer
Informer

Post by Pennycray » Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:22 am

See this really irritates me. Doesn't like what's being said so she censors it! So pathetic and 99% of it was constructive criticism!
This is what I find to be such a joke when she and others like her describe what they do as " work ". It's absolutely nothing like it! Because at work, if I'm given constructive criticism, I accept it and try and improve. What robot lily has done here is the equivalent to having a pout.
Absolutely ridiculous.
I hope she comes on here and reads on this. Lily, you are pathetic. When you put lazy, shit videos out don't be surprised when you get shit back.

Oh and Just wait for the ' crying ' vlog that's no doubt on its way....

poulet
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by poulet » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:23 am

She's gotten quite lazy.
Just this video is not even 3 minutes long, and Anna's is over 8 minutes long.
She just seems so deluded into thinking her job's sooo difficult.
You know, Lily, if this job is so difficult, then go back to the jobs you did first before yt and blog, and come back and tell us what do you think which one's more difficult.

youtubewatcher1
Informer
Informer

Post by youtubewatcher1 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:21 am

Lilly isn't made for YouTube. She's totally out of her comfort zone. This must have been Annaa idea, so she's gone along with it, and she's been promoted by Anna and others as well, so now she has subbies, but it doesn't suit her. She should stick to blogposts.

Return to “Lily Pebbles”