Sums that group up quite well.

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles

Post by Alka »

ima wrote:I'm so on the fence with this girl. For the most part, I really like all the london based bloggers as they're only a couple of years older than me and I'd love to be doing what some of them are doing in a few years time, blogging about beauty and working in marketing departments for the likes of glossybox would pretty much be my heaven. Living vicariously almost. The only thing I dislike about them all is their skincare obsession, yeah it's good to keep your skin looking nice, but 10 minute videos on a face mask or blog posts on an eye cream doesn't interest me.

I genuinely like what she buys and I think she does some good videos and posts even if they are slightly clone-ish. I just think her attitude and outlook isn't great. I am not a cheery,happy person myself so I don't care that she's not all smiles. She strikes me as someone who will immediately dismiss something or someone after very little judgement and when she reviews products she just takes the 'i hate this' stance and never really backs it up. She also always tries to be an individual and technically dismisses her friends/fellow bloggers in the process, for example with her MK watch, trying to be oh so different by not getting a rose gold one but still being a copycat at the same time. I remember her saying in a video she chose it after being told by her instagram followers to get the other watch because if anything they put her off it! She just comes across as a little snooty and up herself to me.

i love skincare and couldn't care that much about makeup, any guru that does good skincare videos will be watched by me. it's all relative. have to agree about the watch, she really sounded up her own arse. and poke fun at other 'gurus' at the same time

beautybuddy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by beautybuddy »

On her Youtube videos Lily used to disclose at the bottom that products sent to her for review purposes are marked with an 'asterix', and since I find her wholly annoying and pretentious I decided to call her out on her spelling error by commenting 'Just so you know, it's spelt 'asterisk' ' to which she replied 'In English it's asterix...' and this came up in my Youtube inbox. As I went to reply and tell her that I am, in fact, English, 16 and can spell better than her, I realised that she had actually deleted the comment, obviously having looked it up in a dictionary. She now posts in her description box that 'products sent for review are marked with a *' which I found relatively amusing. I know it's completely nit-picky but the way she acts like she is top bitch meant I couldn't help it :D

amakeupaddict
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by amakeupaddict »

beautybuddy wrote:On her Youtube videos Lily used to disclose at the bottom that products sent to her for review purposes are marked with an 'asterix', and since I find her wholly annoying and pretentious I decided to call her out on her spelling error by commenting 'Just so you know, it's spelt 'asterisk' ' to which she replied 'In English it's asterix...' and this came up in my Youtube inbox. As I went to reply and tell her that I am, in fact, English, 16 and can spell better than her, I realised that she had actually deleted the comment, obviously having looked it up in a dictionary. She now posts in her description box that 'products sent for review are marked with a *' which I found relatively amusing. I know it's completely nit-picky but the way she acts like she is top bitch meant I couldn't help it :D
Haha #fail for her

saywhatyouwanttome
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by saywhatyouwanttome »

Lol she's so dumb at least check before getting snappy. And what's so wrong with being corrected anyway? Couldn't she just be nice about it?

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah »

she thinks wayyy too highly of herself -- since when did receiving free products make you anything special?! dont like her and always thought she looked rather hairy :?

thedramallama
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by thedramallama »

I just don't know about her. I found her blog and thought it could be useful for reviews etc. But then I noticed her fame was due to her friends (fleur, zoe, vivianna, kate, lily melrose) fame, not her own merit. Thats poor. I love bloggers like I Covet Thee, WowetFlutter, Hello October and The Camera's Lying who got followers from their own hard work.

beautybuddy
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by beautybuddy »

thedramallama wrote:I just don't know about her. I found her blog and thought it could be useful for reviews etc. But then I noticed her fame was due to her friends (fleur, zoe, vivianna, kate, lily melrose) fame, not her own merit. Thats poor. I love bloggers like I Covet Thee, WowetFlutter, Hello October and The Camera's Lying who got followers from their own hard work.
I also like I Covet Thee and Hello October, Suzie from HO is actually best friends with Anna (Vivianna)'s sister, but admirably doesn't name drop at all like I can imagine so many others doing.

weheart1d
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by weheart1d »

It irritates me so much that this girl just buys what every other vlogger buys, can't she haul her own things? either vivianna or ghostparites and even llymlrs (well, her beauty blog) she buys whatever they're blogging about and shoves up a half done review like, days later.

amakeupaddict
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by amakeupaddict »

weheart1d wrote:It irritates me so much that this girl just buys what every other vlogger buys, can't she haul her own things? either vivianna or ghostparites and even llymlrs (well, her beauty blog) she buys whatever they're blogging about and shoves up a half done review like, days later.
Beauty and skincare things are great things to get recommendations on but when gurus do this with clothes and accessories it all gets a bit creepy. Why would you need the same jumper that 3 of your friends have?

As gurus though shouldn't they be trying different things instead of just thinking 'oh my blogger friend really likes this so I'll buy it for my blog to review and get loads of views too'

Alka
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by Alka »

amakeupaddict wrote:
weheart1d wrote:It irritates me so much that this girl just buys what every other vlogger buys, can't she haul her own things? either vivianna or ghostparites and even llymlrs (well, her beauty blog) she buys whatever they're blogging about and shoves up a half done review like, days later.
Beauty and skincare things are great things to get recommendations on but when gurus do this with clothes and accessories it all gets a bit creepy. Why would you need the same jumper that 3 of your friends have?

As gurus though shouldn't they be trying different things instead of just thinking 'oh my blogger friend really likes this so I'll buy it for my blog to review and get loads of views too'
yeah no originality, where I'm from you're gonna get your ass kicked for such things. Girls hate when their friends buy the same stuff, so if your friend got it first oops gonna have to buy something else. Can't imagine them meeting up and all be wearing the same thing or the same lipstick...

weheart1d
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by weheart1d »

Totally. This is so why it annoys me soo much!! Geez c'mon, get a bit of originality Lilly. Like, surely it annoys the other bloggers? No one likes a copy bitch.

CreativeUsername
Talker
Talker

Post by CreativeUsername »

In Lilly's defense, fashion bloggers with raw talent and absolute originality are very hard to come by, she isn't the only one who 'recycles' ideas...

What annoys me more about her is that, even after blatantly copying other people's pieces, she does not dress herself stylishly at all, or at least not in a blog award winning way.
I apologise in advance if I have caused any offence in the post above! It is never my intention. <3

UnicornsExist
Learner
Learner

Post by UnicornsExist »

She's the rudest blogger I've ever come across!

weheart1d
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by weheart1d »

Loooooll a fashion video? Yikes.

booradley
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by booradley »

This girl is the reason I found this forum and actually made an account (lol). Her videos are so BORING, where's her personality? She is so self indulgent and literally copies everyone else, I also saw her trying to get Fleur to reply to her the other day - not sure if she did. I have her on Twitter (not on my personal account - a work account) and every time she Tweets my blood literally boils! OK not literally. But yeah. Complete and utter droney, self-important twat.

thrillah
Informer
Informer

Post by thrillah »

she's english? i never would have guess!

madonna42
Learner
Learner

Post by madonna42 »

She is one of my least favourite youtubers- I find her incredibly snobbish and high and mighty. I wouldn't be surprised if she looks down her Nose at other youtubers ether. Her videos & posts are basically her trying to reinforce how much more classy she is than other bloggers. She bleats on about how she prefers Waitrose and high end brands like she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth- so condescending, I can't stand it!

justanotheryoutuber
Lurker
Lurker

Post by justanotheryoutuber »

I can't even watch a whole video of hers- she's so dang boring. She seems just like every other British youtuber

weheart1d
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by weheart1d »

Lmfao her instagram tag idea for YouTube. Woop sure that's never been done. Isn't this what Vivianna did on her blog today?

Return to “Lily Pebbles”