Yes, I liked it too :D

Rosie Ribbons
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: whatihearttoday Lilly Pebbles

Post by Rosie Ribbons »

Loved her scrapbook idea, she looked like she has great pictures and memories in it. I see she has done a video on it so i will definitely be watching that one!

LunaLovegood7
Learner
Learner

Post by LunaLovegood7 »

I'm really looking forward to her Scrapbook video, as well. :)
Her new video (Staying in at New Years Eve or something) was quite nice, I think. I'll definitely try her brookie recipe and although I thought this will be another hot chocolate you don't need instructions for it was a nice idea with the nutella and the mint ice cream. In my opinion Lily does her job pretty well!

rosieeex
Informer
Informer

Post by rosieeex »

I was quite disappointed with her project life video. She was way too zoomed in - you couldn't see anything.

The look through was great. I shall be making some sort of attempt at recording some memories this year.

caffeinenicotine
Learner
Learner

Post by caffeinenicotine »

Her scrapbook was adorable. I bought all of the supplies for a Project Life book a year or so ago and made no effort to do anything with it, but I think I've been re-inspired after watching her video. She looked like she genuinely had a lot of fun with it. I've always liked Lily but I really prefer her vlogs and non-beauty related videos.

lemonrose222
Wallflower
Wallflower

Post by lemonrose222 »

jade123 wrote:
daddyoh wrote:lol yeah, she said she saw herself with babies, and he assumed that the 'babies' would already be older in 10 years.

i don't remember her ever mentioning rich's family - is he from london, too? maybe they just don't live in the area. or he doesn't have any family at all.
I think she mentioned his family in yesterday's vlog, he has a sister and a brother, previously she has said that they are from around Ipswich which is like an hour and half from Finchley.
yep hes from ipswich my friend used to date him years ago

colddust-girl
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by colddust-girl »

I must be the only one who thought a video on a scrapbook was rather pointless?

brashme
Learner
Learner

Post by brashme »

colddust-girl wrote:I must be the only one who thought a video on a scrapbook was rather pointless?
ITA I really didn't get any useful additional information and I think the video was not sufficiently planned ans was sort of all over the place.

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

i don't see how a video on project life was necessary - you slip photos and mementos into sleeves.

did she say in the video that anna's obsessed with it too? why haven't either of them mentioned it before now?

liseppe
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by liseppe »

colddust-girl wrote:I must be the only one who thought a video on a scrapbook was rather pointless?
It does seem a bit of a gimmic, considering how overpriced hobby craft and all their kits are. Writing a diary doesn't have to cost anything and then ofcourse there is also the option of simply printing off photographs and heck putting them in a good old fashioned album without covering the images in washi tape and typography.

Each to their own, but I can only imagine the amount of money and effort the USA scrapbookers that Lily mentioned must put into their project.

rosieeex
Informer
Informer

Post by rosieeex »

^^ I don't know you guys, have you ever read any of the comments on their Instagram or videos? Some people that watch them are thick! If people are asking her thick questions I don't blame her for making money out of it.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

doudette86 wrote:why bother film a 2014 favorites if you already made a video every month about your favorites crap, i don't get it :? :?
Because nearly every youtuber does? they are popular and get a lot of views, plus a lot of people like watching them.

smashthebox
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by smashthebox »

blahblah1212 wrote:Yeah the damn ad was in the middle and it was non skippable despite her saying so she obviously has no clue. These mid video ads have been there for a few weeks or more in other vloggers videos now im thinking she has adblock herself.. which i think is hypocritical if shes hoping to make money off of these ads and knows her friends are too
I betting it's an option that content creators have to put ads during their videos (aside from at the beginning and end). I don't post youtube videos, but with adsense you can have up to 3 ads per page, and you get to choose which one you want ie sizes/locations etc, so I am betting youtube is the same. The ad in the middle is hard to skip and easy to accidentally click on, thus a good choice if you are trying to make some more money.

bitchesbelike
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bitchesbelike »

I agree. Like I'd seen comments here and on Twitter about it, then I saw her December favs when she talked about it (it takes me a long time because I'm still catching up on all thse vlogmas videos). So I was expecting some crafty work and she's just sliding photso into a sleeve? I actually like the scrapbook, it looks great and is easy to use, but I'm not sure what people wanted a video on, it looks self explanatory to me! That said I haven't watched the scrapbooking video because like I said still waaay behind :(

HaveSomeMilk
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by HaveSomeMilk »

smashthebox wrote: The ad in the middle is hard to skip and easy to accidentally click on, thus a good choice if you are trying to make some more money.
This is what puts me off watching her vids now :( I know how petty that is..

brashme
Learner
Learner

Post by brashme »

Went straight to the description box of her 2014 favorites and just like I feared, most of the products are super expenseive high end stuff that were probably sent to her.

And I swear she must have a contract with Charlotte Tilbuty or something cause she pushes her over priced shit CONSTANTLY.

Not even going to bother watching the video.

peril
Informer
Informer

Post by peril »

Her lipstick and eyeliner are applied unevenly in her Best in Beauty 2014 video. I used to like her, but Jesus Christ, she has gotten so insanely pretentious.

ChloeVFA
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by ChloeVFA »

Yeah that fake posh voice of hers drives me nuts.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

She was supposed to be "ill" when she filmed that...yet she looks and sounds just fine?!

Such a boring video though! Very similar to Anna's, SO MUCH shilling, hardly any drugstore, no marking of PR samples....I could go on

emzo89
Learner
Learner

Post by emzo89 »

I usually don't mind lily but the end of her latest Chanel review post really annoyed me ;

"For swatches and a more detailed review, see Temptalia."

Why can't she do her own swatches and a proper review? aRGHhh

Return to “Lily Pebbles”