JLovesMac1 General Thread Part 1

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: JLovesMac1 General Thread Part 1

Post by bspatrol »

She sounds like she has had low grade or chronic depression. People with major depression usually don't kick their medications saying I don't need this or say things like she has such as they can snap out of it or depression is a choice. Her nightmares and angry outbursts are more reflective of post traumatic stress disorder. Nonetheless, depression sucks. However, I feel like she makes these videos for the headline. I still don't get why she has a service dog.

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

Because being a spoiled brat is a crippling disease. Just ask jarmaine 8-)
Gossiping doesn't make you a cunt, being a cunt makes you a cunt.

eiramanaj
Stalker
Stalker

Post by eiramanaj »

This is completely off topic. Just a little curious, what happened to her and Heart? (Thatsheart) and Sophia (Fashionista804) They all used to be such good friends, but now they aren't? It's so weird, when she lived in LA she had so many friends and then she moved to her house and she's a loner -___-

Felice
Learner
Learner

Post by Felice »

Her depression video made me kind of angry with the way she was saying that being depressed is a "choice." No, it's not. It is a mental illness. You can't just wake up one day and say that today, you are no longer going to be depressed. Of course there are ways to cope with it but it is NOT a choice and that is very, very misleading to the impressionable viewers she has. She is downplaying a mental illness and it's not right. Whether or not she suffer(ed) from it, I can't say. But it is incredibly serious and making these young viewers who may have depression think that they can just snap out of it is horribly deceptive and could ultimately have very negative effects on them.

swirlmydanish
Informer
Informer

Post by swirlmydanish »

it's really hard for me to take her depression video seriously when she added that cheesy somber song on loop throughout it.

lotus
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by lotus »

No one should take anything she says seriously

BlablaEvi
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by BlablaEvi »

It's okay for someone that goes (or has gone) through this to make one video in their whole youtube "career" just to let people know what's happening and that they are not the only one suffering from depression!But it seems like every time she gets hate she makes a video on her depression!For the love of God,it's getting annoying!And on top of that,she puts the same depressing song every time she is seeking for attention!
Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality...

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

This girl is really starting to worry me.

She (I think purposely) does not mention when she was depressed, and she is clearly not through it yet. Jarmaine, stop playing your own doctor, please. As a family member of people with mental illness and as someone with ADHD I am begging you, let the medically qualified people handle this. Stop telling yourself you need to cure yourself to feel like you're in control. If you could cure yourself you would not have gotten here in the first place. Most mental disorders are chemical or hormonal.

Until you find help you get no respect from me just for being openly sick. It's not hard to be openly sick. It's hard to hand over the control and admit you cannot take care of yourself. I had to do it, too! Fk it was hard! But you HAVE TO be able to stop playing your own keeper.

Your depression could be getting enhanced by your birth control, for all you know. And I know you're not talking about those kinds of factors because you've never really had someone look into those options with you. Because you're afraid of getting help. Stop doing this to yourself.

And stop exposing yourself to things you know are not healthy for you. YouTube may give someone like you, with a wounded ego, very high highs - it will also make your lows lower. For someone who is medically low that is NOT healthy. Stop it and stop trying to avoid solving the problem by sharing it.

PS And for the record, if she is in fact not actually depressed, she clearly has underlying issues even she has no idea about. I was at my self-diagnosiest (so to speak) when my home life was miserable. I had to find definitions for my unhappiness because I didn't know any better than the unhealthy relationship my parents had. She needs to wake up.
Shredder. Master Splinter. Jackie. Boss. Pancake.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Let me rephrase that PS.

Oftentimes the people who are most into diagnosing and treating themselves are in fact healthy people who have put themselves in an unhealthy situation (i.e. relationship, lifestyle) which they cannot handle, so they try to find medical things wrong with them to make them feel like they're fixing it without facing the actual problem. They honestly think there must be something wrong with THEM, not with the life they live (which is often one that keeps them from growing/maturing).

Those people will often pick labels like depression and anxiety because it's excuse enough without making them feel like they're actually calling themselves crazy (i.e. borderline, schizophrenia).

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

Bottom line, whether she is imagining and exaggerating things,or she is really depresses, self diagnosis is a slippery slope that could be disastrous,special with things as chronical as depression.she knows that yet for so recession continues to milk it

Post by Guest »

How many smokey eye tutorials does she have to make? All of them look identical...not similar with different colors, no, they look exactly the same.

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

Between you and I , we both agree jarmaine is just asking for attention, right ? Because as therapeutic as it may be, it never replaces real counseling. If she wants to record her feelings, she could just film videos,personal ones and not upload it. Airing her dirty laundry online on such a regular basis is a tad bit too bizarre even for jarmaine

tigresslily20
Informer
Informer

Post by tigresslily20 »

I wonder how many videos of hers are titled "My Everyday Smokey Eye". She needs to give up on tutorials, all of them look the same, and they're too short.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

2012myusername wrote: Who confirmed that as a fact though? In terms of reflection it can be therapeutic, as a way of documenting and looking back on what you've been through/going through, and if she chooses to share on a public platform, then so be it. I agree that she isn't really a "guru" and yeah she is lonely. But in terms of her depression and/or other mental health issues, we really don't know how far she's come, the severity of what she has/had or what benefits her. Talking on youtube most certainly won't be some magical cure for her mh issues, but like I said she seems quite socially isolated and at least has an output for her thoughts and beliefs'.
[*]The discussion about whether the internet brings together the lonely, or in fact isolates lonely people even more, is still open. Most tend towards the theory that it isolates and humans need to physically see and interact with other humans or they may in fact start experiencing (aggravated) anxiety.[/*]

[*]Therapy is therapeutic. Everything else is a nice try, with unpredictable results, and therefore a risk as well.[/*]

[*]Exposing yourself on the internet as much as you do on YouTube opens already fragile people up to hate, criticism and disapproval they would have otherwise never directly encountered. For people with fragile self-image or personality problems this can escalate their state quickly.[/*]

We may not know how far she's come, but we do know the difference between someone stating facts and personal treatment experiences from a disease they've beaten, and someone who has issues and has googled to pick and choose the symptoms convenient for them.

DaylightAmy
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by DaylightAmy »

Aaaand for some reason the [*][/*] code doesn't work -__- they're bullet points.

Ladyscoo
Learner
Learner

Post by Ladyscoo »

She has changed a lot and most people are not ok with that. Most of you are just writing crap about her because of... I don't know why. I don't like her, that's why I am here, but I know when therapy works on someone. She is surely doing good to herself regardless of what you think or say. She used to behave like she is high on cocaine, it was really fake. It was obvious. But now, she behaves herself plus she has guts to speak out loud to those who are going through same problems. I give her credits for that. Some of you come here to feel better, she makes videos, buys herself boobs and travels. So? Why is it wrong? She doesn't try to be a therapist to her viewers, neither she offers cheep therapy to those who watcher. I know, I know: she is fake, she is this and that. Cool.

bspatrol
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by bspatrol »

Looks like she fell for the sponsored crap from that Nume site that has made the guru rounds like no tomorrow. Then she wonders why she gets crap comments.

salamiiii
Lurker
Lurker

Post by salamiiii »

omg i was watching some of her old make up tutorials and look at this one from 2012
[youtube][/youtube]
pause on 3:20, was the contouring supposed to look like bruises? :?

Post by Guest »

Seriously, the only two things she does tutorials on are smokey eyes and hair curling. And they all look exactly the same. How many smokey eye tutorials do you need, and how many hair curling tutorials does one really need? I think her subbies are well aware of how to do both, and if they didn't know it before, they sure do now considering she has probably a dozen videos on each.

And what is the point in curling your hair when you are going to brush all the curls out, leaving your hair looking as it did before you started? She always does that; she curls it and it looks great and then she brushes all the curls out

And god, i am so sick of the music she uses in her videos. The one in the intro to the video above my comment is a nice example.

Heyholetsgo
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by Heyholetsgo »

She has a very asian grasp of beauty and makeup. She looks like a grade D Thai actress with all that shit on her face

Return to “JLovesMac1”