The Guffaw Edit:Mark said so and so gigglegiggle PT6

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Guffaw Edit:Mark said so and so gigglegiggle PT6

Post by daddyoh »

living with the parents was the key to them saving money. i think your friends' situation is more comparable to lily and rich.

anna and mark rented on their own either right out of uni or shortly after before this place.

we can safely assume anna is frugal because she's always talking about how low the heat is in the place - it's why we have a whole thread about her awful dressing gown. the only takeaway they do regularly is a dominoes.

hana.bananals
Debater
Debater

Post by hana.bananals »

Berry_Bess wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:19 am
Well I also said they lived rent free with the parents for 2 to 3 years. It is possible honey.
And how do you know Anna is frugal. You dont live with her do you?

No honey, it isn't possible on the kind of salaries you are talking about. Shop assistants would earn 30k max so if he is the same thats a max of 270k for a mortgage, they could live at home for 10 years and they would still struggle to afford brixton as a 2 bed house is around 600k and the rest. So either their salaries are actually much high than the meagre shop worker you originally made out, or they were given a huge amount towards their deposit. Maths doesn't lie.

IAnna has mentioned not wanting to run the heating to save money, she has mentioned their groceries being cheap, their renovations were done on a budget and everything that is more of a luxury in their life from handbags, dominos or holidays are all gifted. The things that she actually has to spend money on, house, bills, renovation etc are all on a much lower tier than the things she gets for free.

hana.bananals
Debater
Debater

Post by hana.bananals »

daddyoh wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:56 am
living with the parents was the key to them saving money. i think your friends' situation is more comparable to lily and rich.

anna and mark rented on their own either right out of uni or shortly after before this place.

we can safely assume anna is frugal because she's always talking about how low the heat is in the place - it's why we have a whole thread about her awful dressing gown. the only takeaway they do regularly is a dominoes.
Plus i'm sure dominos are gifted, I remember one of the only youtubers to mention a dominos sponsorship back in the day were emily canham and her ex. They mentioned they had an ongoing relationship with dominos and got it for free. Anna, zoella etc are always 'ordering' from them and have way more followers so I don't think they are paying either,

EllieK
Debater
Debater

Post by EllieK »

hana.bananals wrote:
Berry_Bess wrote:
Well I also said they lived rent free with the parents for 2 to 3 years. It is possible honey.

No honey, it isn't possible on the kind of salaries you are talking about. Shop assistants would earn 30k max so if he is the same thats a max of 270k for a mortgage, they could live at home for 10 years and they would still struggle to afford brixton as a 2 bed house is around 600k and the rest. So either their salaries are actually much high than the meagre shop worker you originally made out, or they were given a huge amount towards their deposit. Maths doesn't lie.

IAnna has mentioned not wanting to run the heating to save money, she has mentioned their groceries being cheap, their renovations were done on a budget and everything that is more of a luxury in their life from handbags, dominos or holidays are all gifted. The things that she actually has to spend money on, house, bills, renovation etc are all on a much lower tier than the things she gets for free.

Shop assistants can earn 30k?
I’m a nurse in London and that’s how much I earn - maybe I should switch careers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

I haven’t watched the ad as don’t want to hear anything more about fucking Hello Fresh but does anyone else not see it as something that she would use if she wasn’t being paid?

We know she’s capable of reading a recipe book and going food shopping and pretends to be frugal so why would she use this expensive way of food shopping?

Makes sense for lily though I guess....apparently she can do none of these things!

hana.bananals
Debater
Debater

Post by hana.bananals »

EllieK wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:23 pm
hana.bananals wrote:
Berry_Bess wrote:

Shop assistants can earn 30k?
I’m a nurse in London and that’s how much I earn - maybe I should switch careers

I'm aware it is on the higher end but with 12 years experience and small incremental pay rises and potentially over time it wouldn't be impossible. I was generally rounding up the salary though and making the point that on 30k MAX a couple would never be able to afford a 600k home.

Ivehadit_Officially
Talker
Talker

Post by Ivehadit_Officially »

hana.bananals wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:14 am
Berry_Bess wrote:

On a very generous retail salary of 30k as mentioned above (this would probably be a manager at that rate) for two people to qualify for a 600k mortgage, they would need to have a deposit of approx £330,000... they must have been saving for a while!

Anna & Mark probably know what they want and how much it will cost, and are saving for it. Nothing wrong with that. Brighton is still expensive even though it's not London.

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I will buy and GIFT her a giant sweater that will say CHUNKY on it.
Everything is chunky with her.

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

So glad to know she literally has the same style of jean in every color and from multiple brands. She’s so boring and she’s really reaching for Daily Edit content.

_bridgetmary_
Learner
Learner

Post by _bridgetmary_ »

She tried every jean with those horrid snake boots so I couldn't see how long the trousers were. I'm so disappointed. Jk, don't give a shite about a bunch of jeans.

thenameisjeje
Wanderer
Wanderer

Post by thenameisjeje »

i'd kill for her wardrobe (the sweaters!!!), except the straight leg mom jeans. skinnies would be 1000% more chic with everything she owns, even those terrible snakeskin boots and the square-toed strappy heels

holb93
Informer
Informer

Post by holb93 »

Awaiting the comments on her yellow eyeshadow................ :?

coudes
Learner
Learner

Post by coudes »

Poopettemetis wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:32 am
So glad to know she literally has the same style of jean in every color and from multiple brands. She’s so boring and she’s really reaching for Daily Edit content.
which also completely goes against the capsule wardrobe concept

Poopettemetis
Informer
Informer

Post by Poopettemetis »

holb93 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:19 am
Awaiting the comments on her yellow eyeshadow................ :?
Holy moly and I thought the orange eye shadow was bad. Looked like she had jaundice. I don’t know whether to celebrate the effort of getting out of her boring box or completely trash it...sooo bad.

naturalmakeup
Debater
Debater

Post by naturalmakeup »

I also can’t believe she made a whole video of her ... doing laundry? The fuck??

poulet
Mini Modz
Mini Modz

Post by poulet »

I don't know, I kinda liked the yellow shadow.
Probably got used to her weird shadows :D

kiox
Debater
Debater

Post by kiox »

I have to say that she has pretty boring content, her clothes are so uninspiring and samey to many other YouTubers, (oh momjeans and a sweater. Snakeskin! ) but I find her weird eyeshadow colors to set her apart from the others, sometimes it is not the most flattering choice, but I think it’s kinda cool!

daddyoh
Extreme Gossiper
Extreme Gossiper

Post by daddyoh »

i couldn't figure out whether anna was being anna when she called the paint can "a fortune," so i finally googled it... over $100 for one can of paint that needed 3 coats to be opaque. good lord.

dollhouse
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by dollhouse »

naturalmakeup wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:54 pm
I also can’t believe she made a whole video of her ... doing laundry? The fuck??
Omg her videos are soooooo bad! I feel like her entire channel is just her rearranging her 18 prized possessions and acting like she is such an adult.

What kind of life is that?

tehpretty
Learner
Learner

Post by tehpretty »

Only Anna could produce a video every single day of a month, and still be the most boring woman alive.

She seems so sweet so I feel bad, but honestly, Anna!!

Return to “The Anna Edit”