The Granna Edit - CapshulWardrobeButNoHeatingInMyFlat Part5

Re: The Granna Edit - CapshulWardrobeButNoHeatingInMyFlat Pa

Post by Guest »

Screen Shot 2018-09-17 at 16.26.31.png
Jesus fecking Christ, how did anyone look at Anna's "work" and think: "This woman should write a book"?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pebbles116
Lurker
Lurker
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by pebbles116 »

litnerd wrote:
pebbles116 wrote:
litnerd wrote:
pebbles116 wrote:
litnerd wrote:I'm really LOLing here. I followed the "magic" preorder link from her newsletter that takes you to the best place to preorder it in her country, and guess what, it's not even available for preorder in the US yet. What a fail.
I am going to WK for Anna here. I am a published author (with Simon & Schuster in the US). The reason it's not available for pre-order in the US is because either that territory's contract is still being negotiated or because the rights haven't been sold to that area yet. I think people naively assume that when you sell a book it's available worldwide, when in reality it's only available in your home country until foreign rights have been sold to other areas. So it's not really a "fail" on her part when this is something that is completely out of her control.

Since writing books (contemporary romance and women's fiction) is my job, I'm happy to answer any publishing questions you all have.
I know how publishing works. I used to be a bookseller. But it's not like I'm talking about the Philippines or something. You'd think if she were announcing her book, she'd have her ducks lined up. The US is a pretty big market to miss.
But that's my point. This is something that is out of her control. It's up to her agent and/or publishing house when things get released in other areas. If her publisher bought world rights, then they can release it in other areas whenever they want. If she held on to her foreign rights, then it takes time for an agent to sell it to different markets. it's whatever her contract dictates. It has nothing to do with her ducks being in a row. This is something that falls on her publisher. I'm just saying that there is PLENTY to snark on with Anna, but this is eating crackers for me, bc unless she self publishes, nothing apart from writing and editing the book is in her control.
Did you miss the part of her video where she said it was available to preorder world wide?
Yes, I did, but it doesn't change my feelings on it. The pre-order not being available in the US and other territories is on her publisher, not her. She has zero control over that or when Amazon decides to put the book up for sale. All she can control is the book itself and the editing.

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

LOL, apologies! This is what I meant to post! I wasn't drunk btw! ImageImageImage

Enviado do meu SM-J330F através do Tapatalk

thelittleyeti
Lurker
Lurker

Post by thelittleyeti »

Girl brought out a boring book and her thread is still just a dull as she is

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

Post by nervousbeachgoer »

I actually quite like the idea of her book IF it was written by someone else. I just don’t think she has anything to say that we haven’t heard before or isn’t just common sense.

How someone who produces one video a week and seems to have never had a full time job thinks they’re qualified to write a book on productivity/being organised is beyond me.

Also - is anyone still listening to their podcast? I hadn’t bothered with any of series 2 until this week when I tried a couple and her and Lily seem to have got so much more irritating in it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

londongirl2001
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by londongirl2001 »

I hope there is a section in the book on why you should not invest in heating even though it's freezing outside and you're working from home. I'd really be interested in that :D

proverbs_
Informer
Informer

Post by proverbs_ »

I think they wanted to market her book as an "Ultimate Guide" to get in charge of all aspects on your life (kind of "Declutter your life") in a bloggers version, so you get a little more personality to it and hence, more marketing perspectives.

Not a bad thought marketing-wise, such a shame that this comes about one year to late, and they got the wrong person to do it. :D

Chuchi
Informer
Informer

Post by Chuchi »

She literally said in the video that she is taking things from other books that she read. There won't be anything original in it, just a westernised and simplified version of the japanese books that are popular now. I do hope she properly cites her sources and has a recommended extra reading at the end of the book.

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

Chuchi wrote:She literally said in the video that she is taking things from other books that she read. There won't be anything original in it, just a westernised and simplified version of the japanese books that are popular now. I do hope she properly cites her sources and has a recommended extra reading at the end of the book.
Yeah, she said she's been testing her own method of decluttering and I'm like...how can she even be sure if anything she claims works? Whether or not a decluttering method is successful isn't something you really figure out until it's been at least a couple years. So many people jump into one method or another and it holds together for a little while but then it falls apart again. And I don't think she's been testing her method on any other people. So it's all going to be anecdotal to what works for her...

almostoverit
Learner
Learner

Post by almostoverit »

londongirl2001 wrote:I hope there is a section in the book on why you should not invest in heating even though it's freezing outside and you're working from home. I'd really be interested in that :D
Feeling cold keeps you alert so you can put in all the hard work it takes to make a video a week :D

almostoverit
Learner
Learner

Post by almostoverit »

nervousbeachgoer wrote:I actually quite like the idea of her book IF it was written by someone else. I just don’t think she has anything to say that we haven’t heard before or isn’t just common sense.

How someone who produces one video a week and seems to have never had a full time job thinks they’re qualified to write a book on productivity/being organised is beyond me.

Also - is anyone still listening to their podcast? I hadn’t bothered with any of series 2 until this week when I tried a couple and her and Lily seem to have got so much more irritating in it!

I listened to the first episode but they just spend so much time talking for their intro they just annoy me. so that was it for me

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

almostoverit wrote:
nervousbeachgoer wrote:I actually quite like the idea of her book IF it was written by someone else. I just don’t think she has anything to say that we haven’t heard before or isn’t just common sense.

I listened to the first episode but they just spend so much time talking for their intro they just annoy me. so that was it for me
I listened to some of the first season but just got to really resent having to use a specific app to be able to understand what they were talking about. It really makes no sense to have such a visual subject in a completely non-visual medium. I also don't want to have to keep the podcast app open to be able to follow along. I'd rather listen to a podcast and be able to do something else with my phone, since I usually listen while I'm exercising.

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

almostoverit wrote:

Yes! The ones I listened to they were ‘sharing feedback’ which just meant reading out gushing reviews which was completely pointless.

Also find the Acast thing annoying

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

almostoverit wrote:

Yes! The ones I listened to they were ‘sharing feedback’ which just meant reading out gushing reviews which was completely pointless.

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

almostoverit wrote:

nervousbeachgoer
Informer
Informer

almostoverit wrote:

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

Oh dear!!! ImageImage

roonil-wazlib
Talker
Talker

Post by roonil-wazlib »

meg1912 wrote:Oh dear!!! ImageImage

Bloody hell!! I must admit that I really love that Realisation Par skirt, even though every blogger has it now. And I would say the majority of people I have seen wearing the skirt always manage to style it beautifully - so with all the inspiration around, how does Anna still manage to get it so wrong??! That outfit looks hideous, not to mention how wrinkly it is! It's for an event ffs!

meg1912
Guru Gossiper
Guru Gossiper

Post by meg1912 »

I love the skirt too, it's stunning! ImageImage But the way Anna styled it, she looks so matronly... Image A simple black t-shirt or silk cami are the perfect combo. She never gets it right tbh. ImageImageImage

litnerd
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by litnerd »

Based on those photos, it looks too small on her, too.

Return to “The Anna Edit”