nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Anna Edit / ViviannaDoesNothingInHerDressingGown Par

Post by nixworld68 »

Thank you!

Very telling, I thought, that the video she has done with the most beauty content in it recently, was one that was an AD. Hmmm.

DollyMixture
Talker
Talker

Post by DollyMixture »

Her channel has such little focus now and lacks any sort of spark, most of these youtuber people used to have at least one area they were passionate about (hair/make up/clothes) and now they all want to be "personalities" when tbh most of them aren't that interesting as people. At least when she did make up you knew what you were getting each week.

peeperairsacs
Talker
Talker

Post by peeperairsacs »

She really needs to get out of her bubble and experience life a bit... her content is so stale I can taste the mold.

Ombre_so_over
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Ombre_so_over »

Her and Lily are off to New York. Wonder who has sponsored this trip

rai1234
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by rai1234 »

Ombre_so_over wrote:Her and Lily are off to New York. Wonder who has sponsored this trip
West Elm apparently.

bespeckled
Learner
Learner

Post by bespeckled »

Has anyone been keeping up with the podcasts?

I was listening to the Liz Earle episode the other day (not out of choice I might add, cos they're so crap. I didn't have data and it was the only unplayed podcast on my phone).

In the first few minute Anna goes "today I'm in north London..." (Or something along those lines) leaving lily to go "what? I'm here too!" (They usually start them with "today we're in today's pretentious shithole."

Anna is such a bitch, even to her bff and podcast cofounder. I can't believe they left that in :rofl:

Also, Anna's annoying giggling is infinitely more annoying via podcast. And you can pretty much visualise her physically creeping on and girl-flirting with the subjects, while Lily's trying to keep it professional. Barf gross yuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I listened to a few of the episodes, like the one with Lisa Eldridge, it was really disappointing. Hearing about her career was cool but the whole idea of them describing the houses/rooms their in is so stupid. Like, I'm not there so why do I give a fuck? I really don't understand the premise of what they're trying to do exactly.

Lime
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Lime »

I think it's weird to go for an interior series when you have zero visuals about it. Defining a style explains only so much, if people want to see a room and be inspired, they actually want to SEE it?
English is not my native language, excuse the mistakes.

wild4thenight
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper

Post by wild4thenight »

Lime wrote:I think it's weird to go for an interior series when you have zero visuals about it. Defining a style explains only so much, if people want to see a room and be inspired, they actually want to SEE it?
100%. it makes no damn sense. i'd rather just go on pinterest and SEE interior designs, not listen to someone with no style (soz) droning on about it

fantasy
Debater
Debater

Post by fantasy »

wild4thenight wrote:
Lime wrote:I think it's weird to go for an interior series when you have zero visuals about it. Defining a style explains only so much, if people want to see a room and be inspired, they actually want to SEE it?
100%. it makes no damn sense. i'd rather just go on pinterest and SEE interior designs, not listen to someone with no style (soz) droning on about it
They keep promoting some website where you can listen to the podcast and look at pictures of the person's home at the same time. I think that idea is dumb, when I'm listening to a podcast, I want to just listen. If they are expecting me to go on some website to see what the person's home actually looks like, then I would rather read the entire interview. I understand what they are trying to do, but it doesn't work as a podcast at all.

hanaemii
NAUGHTY
NAUGHTY

Post by hanaemii »

fantasy wrote: They keep promoting some website where you can listen to the podcast and look at pictures of the person's home at the same time. I think that idea is dumb, when I'm listening to a podcast, I want to just listen. If they are expecting me to go on some website to see what the person's home actually looks like, then I would rather read the entire interview. I understand what they are trying to do, but it doesn't work as a podcast at all.
or you know, watch a video about it? :roll: I don't think their content is translating well into podcasts..
BANNED

:hugs:

smitten258
Debater
Debater

Post by smitten258 »

why does she always write that somethin is "flippin' awesome" or "bloody awesome" ... does she really talk that way?

smitten258
Debater
Debater

Post by smitten258 »

btw love the reference to that horrendous dressing gown in the title :rofl:

Travelgirl08
Learner
Learner

Post by Travelgirl08 »

Hey guys, as mentioned in Lily's thread, the reason they keep promoting that Acast site to watch the videos is because Gleam signed a partnership with Acast to do podcasts, hence why they are all jumping into do it. Its business. Their podcasts are just privileged white women. No diversity. Just like the blogging world.

bespeckled
Learner
Learner

Post by bespeckled »

Ive not watched it yet but what on earth is that outfit in the thumbnail to her June favourites? Who pairs a long wrap / peplum-y top with baggy jeans? It hurts my eyes!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottishcherry
Learner
Learner

Post by scottishcherry »

does anna smoke? that might explain the extreme vocal fry. it's gotten so bad now that i actually struggle to watch her videos!

Ava2014
Informer
Informer

Post by Ava2014 »

I wonder what she does all day in Brighton during autumn and winter. In the summer she is outside a lot and on a lot of trips. But what is she doing when the weather is cold and there isnt mucht to do in Brighton. Is she in her house a lot by herself?

nixworld68
True Gossiper
True Gossiper

Post by nixworld68 »

Ava2014 wrote:I wonder what she does all day in Brighton during autumn and winter. In the summer she is outside a lot and on a lot of trips. But what is she doing when the weather is cold and there isnt mucht to do in Brighton. Is she in her house a lot by herself?
Well, that's sort of life, isn't it? Don't we all spend time in our own houses? :?
And there is a lot to do in Brighton, it's not exactly a village in the middle of the countryside.

blipbloop
Learner
Learner

Post by blipbloop »

I think the cheapass wedding was probably more mark's doing than anna's. Based on comments she's made, he seems very frugal. And apart from her expensive closet (which she probably pays for from her own money/sponsors), anything in her life that's related to Mark seems to be in the more thrifty/pragmatic category, eg small engagement ring, cheap wedding etc etc.

I think he's just unwilling to buy into the whole YT world of keeping up with the jones's which aint a bad thing by any means

Return to “The Anna Edit”