clothesencounters part 3

Locked
happygolucky
Talker
Talker
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by happygolucky » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:28 pm

Her new video was filmed well but she seemed so fake peppy and over the top that even her interactions with Ben seemed staged. All she does is laugh like a crazy lady at the perfectly normal things he says

User avatar
Kimhyuna
Gossiper
Gossiper
Posts: 570
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:29 pm
Has thanked: 91 times
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Kimhyuna » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:39 pm

ben will divorce jen after 2 years and then live the dream in la.

im calling it now....

what woman supports an unemployed man for a whole year and more....he could just go back to the uk and tour a bit while hes waiting for his status to change

happygolucky
Talker
Talker
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by happygolucky » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 am

apeach wrote:
happygolucky wrote:Her new video was filmed well but she seemed so fake peppy and over the top that even her interactions with Ben seemed staged. All she does is laugh like a crazy lady at the perfectly normal things he says
agreed. i have no idea why she kept laughing at every single thing Ben says. but guys, isn't she adorable and unique that she likes it when the water chases her? :rofl:
Honestly their relationship seems so awkward and stilted, like they have nothing in common. She always seems like she has to prove they're in love on camera lol :rofl:

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:12 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Saturnangela7878 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Just because you get free shit doesn't mean you should wear it. Some shit is free because it's shit. I'm referring to her earrings which look like fashion disasters on their own but she looks even dumber with her hairstyle. And at least wear a halter instead of a tube top or whatever that is so it's flattering to your flat chest

asap_celine
Informer
Informer
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by asap_celine » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Funny how in her favorites video she talked about how she has issues with confidence and self-esteem. Yet months ago, she made a video on how to be confident and was explaining how she stays confident and loves herself. :roll: :roll:

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:12 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Saturnangela7878 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:28 pm

She overdid it with the highlighter on the Cupid's bow. It just looks gross.

I don't understand how she's able to tolerate such pedestrian books. The title of that book is equivalent to a YouTube clickbait title. The quote she read was something I realized maybe when I was 20 when my life was really shitty but I still persevered and so I can't believe she's so amazed by that quote.

She is not confident because she photoshops her instagram pictures at times like that weird picture of her at Coachella with 2. Different sized legs. And she clearly reads this thread which speaks volumes

beesaremyjam
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:05 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by beesaremyjam » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:18 pm

IDK if it's just me but was she strangely avoiding the summary of Get Out??? Idk it seemed really weird like Get Out isn't just a movie about a interracial couple who meets "each other's families"--it's about a black man who meets his white girlfriend's parents and racism is the monster like that SOCIAL COMMENTARY is literally the point of Get Out, IT'S NOT JUST A FUCKING THRILLER/PSYCHOLOGICAL BENDER" and she seemed so hesitant to describe the most basic plot for one of her "top five films for sure" (idk maybe because Ben is white????)

asap_celine
Informer
Informer
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by asap_celine » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:27 pm

^^ that highlighter on the nose just made her nose look wider.

The vocabulary she used and the way she was talking throughout the video made her sound idiotic. She tried hard to use better vocab, but she ended up stuttering or forgetting what she was trying to say so she'd repeat it.

TBH, I skipped through half of the video: when she talked about audible sponsoring her video, talking about that book, talking about Get Out, talking in general... lol.

kurokuro
Learner
Learner
Posts: 95
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:37 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by kurokuro » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:32 pm

beesaremyjam wrote:IDK if it's just me but was she strangely avoiding the summary of Get Out??? Idk it seemed really weird like Get Out isn't just a movie about a interracial couple who meets "each other's families"--it's about a black man who meets his white girlfriend's parents and racism is the monster like that SOCIAL COMMENTARY is literally the point of Get Out, IT'S NOT JUST A FUCKING THRILLER/PSYCHOLOGICAL BENDER" and she seemed so hesitant to describe the most basic plot for one of her "top five films for sure" (idk maybe because Ben is white????)
I think she's trying to jump on the whole "interracial relationship" vibe, to make the movie more relate-able to herself, rather than acknowledge the fact that it's specifically about racism against black people. I don't know if she really understood the movie.

beesaremyjam
Lurker
Lurker
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:05 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by beesaremyjam » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:54 pm

kurokuro wrote:I think she's trying to jump on the whole "interracial relationship" vibe, to make the movie more relate-able to herself, rather than acknowledge the fact that it's specifically about racism against black people. I don't know if she really understood the movie.
Oh okay that makes more sense haha. I was suspecting maybe Ben got butthurt from the movie because one of my white male friends got pretty offended about Get Out and so we never talk about it but yeah I can see her not getting the movie like Get Out was really funny (at times) and scary but to gush so much about it like that and not at least point out the damn point of the movie just made me feel like she didn't get it, rather than wanting to avoid spoilers

happygolucky
Talker
Talker
Posts: 141
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:10 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by happygolucky » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:55 pm

She tries so hard to sound sophisticated but she is not. She said in the beginning "I thought i would gather all my favorite things of july and share them TO you". It should be share WITH you. For a communications major she always messes up basic grammar

baconandeggs
Informer
Informer
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 12:08 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 6 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by baconandeggs » Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:16 pm

Get Out is about racism and she couldn't even mention that, guess she's scared

telephone
Debater
Debater
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by telephone » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:38 am

Eh, I think she got the message but as someone previously mentioned was too afraid to use the R word because she wants to be as non-controversial as possible. Which is odd because of her attending the Women's March and her prior mentioning of wanting to be more Woke or whatever. And also because, yes, Get Out is a blatant indictment on the phoniness and racism of white people. But I get it -- she is a freaking fashion/beauty/lifestyle content creator, not a political activist. Most (not all) of her viewers subscribe for her looks and style, not her views on controversial topics. It is similar to the scorn many actors face when they attempt to be political -- they aren't taken seriously and are instead criticised for stepping out of their role as entertainer. And they face the risk of losing followers and sponsorships which we all know J-Im is steady chasing right now.

telephone
Debater
Debater
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by telephone » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:44 am

asap_celine wrote:Funny how in her favorites video she talked about how she has issues with confidence and self-esteem. Yet months ago, she made a video on how to be confident and was explaining how she stays confident and loves herself. :roll: :roll:
Don't people go through ups and downs with confidence and self-esteem though? Anyway, I thought this was her attempt at being more relatable while also plugging her Audible sponsorship. If she picked a literary book we would call her out for being pretentious and tryhard. At least she is keeping it more real in comparison by choosing a pop-psych/self-help book.

telephone
Debater
Debater
Posts: 221
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 28 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by telephone » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:46 am

I don't understand why she cakes on makeup either! Is this an LA thing???

User avatar
sqm
Talker
Talker
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:17 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by sqm » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:04 am

beesaremyjam wrote:IDK if it's just me but was she strangely avoiding the summary of Get Out??? Idk it seemed really weird like Get Out isn't just a movie about a interracial couple who meets "each other's families"--it's about a black man who meets his white girlfriend's parents and racism is the monster like that SOCIAL COMMENTARY is literally the point of Get Out, IT'S NOT JUST A FUCKING THRILLER/PSYCHOLOGICAL BENDER" and she seemed so hesitant to describe the most basic plot for one of her "top five films for sure" (idk maybe because Ben is white????)
She said she wants to leave it at that to not spoil anything but even her quick summary of the movie was so completely wrong I wonder if instead of trying to avoid speaking about racism she just didn't understand the movie at all. :?

User avatar
Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2508
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:22 am
Location: New York City
Has thanked: 1531 times
Been thanked: 1714 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Callan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:14 am

telephone wrote:
asap_celine wrote:Funny how in her favorites video she talked about how she has issues with confidence and self-esteem. Yet months ago, she made a video on how to be confident and was explaining how she stays confident and loves herself. :roll: :roll:
Don't people go through ups and downs with confidence and self-esteem though? Anyway, I thought this was her attempt at being more relatable while also plugging her Audible sponsorship. If she picked a literary book we would call her out for being pretentious and tryhard. At least she is keeping it more real in comparison by choosing a pop-psych/self-help book.
She said that "Audible is ...like a library... with audiobooks" really cute considering that libraries have, guess what, free audiobooks!

User avatar
Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2508
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:22 am
Location: New York City
Has thanked: 1531 times
Been thanked: 1714 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Callan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:27 am

apeach wrote:i just watched her past fav videos and she just changed so much (for the worst) it's actually sad. she looks like a Chinese New Year lantern in that outfit and her hair colour is just horrible. she should go back to the days when she had darker hair colour, lesser highlighter and no falsies.
Her clothes got so weird, for a model she has no taste and her shoes, omg they went from cheap and crappy to ridiculous. The space buns aren't helping either, she looks like a whacky character out of a movie.

Image

Saturnangela7878
Informer
Informer
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:12 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 30 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Saturnangela7878 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:16 am

Callan wrote:
telephone wrote:
asap_celine wrote:Funny how in her favorites video she talked about how she has issues with confidence and self-esteem. Yet months ago, she made a video on how to be confident and was explaining how she stays confident and loves herself. :roll: :roll:
Don't people go through ups and downs with confidence and self-esteem though? Anyway, I thought this was her attempt at being more relatable while also plugging her Audible sponsorship. If she picked a literary book we would call her out for being pretentious and tryhard. At least she is keeping it more real in comparison by choosing a pop-psych/self-help book.
She said that "Audible is ...like a library... with audiobooks" really cute considering that libraries have, guess what, free audiobooks!
Lol she probably doesn't know! I for one use the library to read books for free and listen to audiobooks for free. I recently applied to the New York public library in NYC to up my audiobook access because unlike her I don't have money to blow

She's not even that much of a reader... she just buys a book or two every once in a while. Actual book lovers use the library unless that person is obsessed with owning every book they read.

I hate how she always pretends to be something that she's not or exaggerate like I love reading or I love art and it's so clear she's not that into either... I read more than her and I work a full time job

She really should think more before she speaks more at least notice how dumb she sounds when she edits. Well that's her stabbing herself in the foot by doing a shoddy job talking and then a shoddy job editing/ checking herself. Or maybe she was more focused on making sure that the space buns and her heavy caked on makeup looking on point in her warped point of view

But seriously those earrings with the space buns was like salt to the wounds. Just when you think it can't get worse

User avatar
Callan
Master Gossiper
Master Gossiper
Posts: 2508
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:22 am
Location: New York City
Has thanked: 1531 times
Been thanked: 1714 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Callan » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:51 am

Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Callan wrote:
telephone wrote:
asap_celine wrote:Funny how in her favorites video she talked about how she has issues with confidence and self-esteem. Yet months ago, she made a video on how to be confident and was explaining how she stays confident and loves herself. :roll: :roll:
Don't people go through ups and downs with confidence and self-esteem though? Anyway, I thought this was her attempt at being more relatable while also plugging her Audible sponsorship. If she picked a literary book we would call her out for being pretentious and tryhard. At least she is keeping it more real in comparison by choosing a pop-psych/self-help book.
She said that "Audible is ...like a library... with audiobooks" really cute considering that libraries have, guess what, free audiobooks!
Lol she probably doesn't know! I for one use the library to read books for free and listen to audiobooks for free. I recently applied to the New York public library in NYC to up my audiobook access because unlike her I don't have money to blow

She's not even that much of a reader... she just buys a book or two every once in a while. Actual book lovers use the library unless that person is obsessed with owning every book they read.

I hate how she always pretends to be something that she's not or exaggerate like I love reading or I love art and it's so clear she's not that into either... I read more than her and I work a full time job

She really should think more before she speaks more at least notice how dumb she sounds when she edits. Well that's her stabbing herself in the foot by doing a shoddy job talking and then a shoddy job editing/ checking herself. Or maybe she was more focused on making sure that the space buns and her heavy caked on makeup looking on point in her warped point of view

But seriously those earrings with the space buns was like salt to the wounds. Just when you think it can't get worse
Haha, Jen logic - "lemons are sour, chairs are for sitting" also Audible already offers at least 2 weeks of free listening, so not sure what her code is supposed to do. I read about 50-70 books a year, it used to be more but work cuts into my reading. My friends use Overdrive to access the free library books, it's a great idea, and kudos for signing up, smart! :) I own a lof of what I read because I'm a huge bookworm, I don't collect as extensively as I used to but it's nice not having to spend money if i already have it and its been on my TBR for a while.

I haven't watched her in so long, her voice just bugs me and she's always surprised/confused, her favorites videos were my fave but then she started getting behind and was adding weird stuff, then she went through that fug hat phase, I was like enough lol.

Hbteacup
Wanderer
Wanderer
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:28 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Hbteacup » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:09 pm

I thought this girl was Jenn when I was checking out the explore section of ig.


asap_celine
Informer
Informer
Posts: 417
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:58 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by asap_celine » Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:48 pm

Callan wrote:
Saturnangela7878 wrote:
Callan wrote:
telephone wrote:
asap_celine wrote:Funny how in her favorites video she talked about how she has issues with confidence and self-esteem. Yet months ago, she made a video on how to be confident and was explaining how she stays confident and loves herself. :roll: :roll:
Don't people go through ups and downs with confidence and self-esteem though? Anyway, I thought this was her attempt at being more relatable while also plugging her Audible sponsorship. If she picked a literary book we would call her out for being pretentious and tryhard. At least she is keeping it more real in comparison by choosing a pop-psych/self-help book.
She said that "Audible is ...like a library... with audiobooks" really cute considering that libraries have, guess what, free audiobooks!
Lol she probably doesn't know! I for one use the library to read books for free and listen to audiobooks for free. I recently applied to the New York public library in NYC to up my audiobook access because unlike her I don't have money to blow

She's not even that much of a reader... she just buys a book or two every once in a while. Actual book lovers use the library unless that person is obsessed with owning every book they read.

I hate how she always pretends to be something that she's not or exaggerate like I love reading or I love art and it's so clear she's not that into either... I read more than her and I work a full time job

She really should think more before she speaks more at least notice how dumb she sounds when she edits. Well that's her stabbing herself in the foot by doing a shoddy job talking and then a shoddy job editing/ checking herself. Or maybe she was more focused on making sure that the space buns and her heavy caked on makeup looking on point in her warped point of view

But seriously those earrings with the space buns was like salt to the wounds. Just when you think it can't get worse
Haha, Jen logic - "lemons are sour, chairs are for sitting" also Audible already offers at least 2 weeks of free listening, so not sure what her code is supposed to do. I read about 50-70 books a year, it used to be more but work cuts into my reading. My friends use Overdrive to access the free library books, it's a great idea, and kudos for signing up, smart! :) I own a lof of what I read because I'm a huge bookworm, I don't collect as extensively as I used to but it's nice not having to spend money if i already have it and its been on my TBR for a while.

I haven't watched her in so long, her voice just bugs me and she's always surprised/confused, her favorites videos were my fave but then she started getting behind and was adding weird stuff, then she went through that fug hat phase, I was like enough lol.
I would love to know some of your favorite books that you've read, holy jeebussss! :o I've never heard of Overdrive, but I'm definitely going to look into it! Although I love reading physical books, I do have a Kindle for when I go on trips and stuff since it's a lot lighter than carrying so many books. I think she reads for show now, which is really sad. Or if she does actually read a lot and frequently, she's not really understanding them as she reads.

I don't understand her style anymore. She still tries to dress "cute," but now more than ever, she's trying to act all sensual and dress like Sophia. Sophia can pull off that certain style very well, but Jenn just looks like a try-hard and it's very obvious. Interesting to see how her style changes everytime she has a new "best friend". i.e. her punk phase when she hung out with Steph a lot and now her "sexy" "sensual" "baddie" phase hanging out with Soph and trying to fit in at the Hamptons.

sharktea
Talker
Talker
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:16 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by sharktea » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:38 pm

Is it time for a new thread? Actually since it'll be part 4 does that mean there'll be a separate forum in the trash section?

Also I remember seeing on her insta story that she was filming this video like 2 weeks ago (since it's sponsored, she probably had to film it early to get the rough cut to audible's PR and get the final okay) - makes the fact that it's meant to be a monthly favourites pretty redundant, since they were only "favourites" for 2 weeks....
Image

Thisisridic
Debater
Debater
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:58 pm
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by Thisisridic » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:42 pm

Who's supposed to start a new thread around here? I love catching up to these threads when I'm at work, it gets so juicy! :love2: I think to echo what everyone else has said, Jenn does dress similarly to her "bff" at the time. I don't actually think she has her own fashion sense at all, and if she does, it's the wacko woman w/ space buns & mom jeans look. :?

User avatar
assthetic
Talker
Talker
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:08 pm
Location: ny
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: clothesencounters part 3

Post by assthetic » Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:17 am

i made this little quirky video [youtube][/youtube]

Locked

Return to “Jenn Im”