Devon "I didn't know Louise before I met Matthew" Barber par

ytfanxo
Informer
Informer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Devon "I didn't know Louise before I met Matthew" Barber

Post by ytfanxo »

biggossipyswampy wrote:Why does even their party have to be as clinically depressing and bizarre as their relationship. And why can't they see this and not hype it up on their clinically depressing and bizarre youtube channel.

Maybe because it's supposedly less traditional in the UK, but why wouldn't you just do a potluck - Google tells me you call it "bring a plate" in the UK. I'm sure anyone who would bother coming to their dumb party wouldn't mind bringing some food they actually WANT TO EAT rather than be subject to a depressing assortment of finger food. Why not delay this thing until it warms up and buy some frozen Costco hamburger patties and grill outside. If you have people to invite to a party then you have people to assist you with this shit.

Or maybe you really don't have anyone you feel comfortable asking to help you and therefore it's like WHY HAVE A PARTY AT ALL unless you feel like you need to do it cuz LOUISE HAS NICE THINGS AND YOU WANT NICE THINGS EVEN IF YOUR NICE THINGS ARE SHIT.
Although we don't traditionally have potlucks, you're right, we do often have social gatherings where people bring their own plates of food. Completely agree here, if you don't want to spend the money on a venue-hosted party, have a get together at home. She says there isn't enough space, but I mean, not everyone needs to be sat down on the sofa.

I'm excited to see the wedding planning tips chit chat vid :rofl:

Silver star
Learner
Learner

Post by Silver star »

Doughnutdemon12 wrote:
ytfanxo wrote:
Silver star wrote:
Doughnutdemon12 wrote:
Silver star wrote:My mum makes cheese, pineapple, cocktail sausage and pickled onion on sticks for family parties. I love them :rofl:
Imagine driving hours and that being offered to you. She said her family lives all over so I can imagine them turning up hungry and being like WTF? We just spent money on petrol to drive all this way and this is what you give us? Bit unfair on the gusts for not a lot of effort being put in.

Matt and Devon are being very cheap. They go on holiday and can afford eating out, have those subscriptions to those boxes but will be tight on an engagement party. SUCH FUN! :rofl:
Fair point! It's a bit of family joke now about my mum's 1980s party food :rofl: She only does it if we have a small party at hers. She wouldn't serve it up at an engagement party. I can't wait for this vlog of the party!!
We do this in my family too, it's like a family get together in the living room while the spread is laid out on the table. We live the super luxurious life though, because we even have sandwiches out.
Haha super luxurious because we had sandwiches out :rofl: That made me spit my drink outs.
Well we have a cheese platter as well as sandwiches so we're practically royalty. :rofl: ;)

Xson1alex
Talker
Talker

Post by Xson1alex »

shes now asking on insta if other people are experiencing lots of people being ‘unfollowed’ from them.

Like others have said, I cannot get over this ‘the party is for Darcy’ insanity. Why not just let yourself say ‘yes it’s our engagement party to celebrate with loved ones!’

Have their minds been Men in Black wiped of what a six year old is/ is like?! So they want to subject her, like say the queen or a youuber to a 7 hour exhausting AWKWARD meet and greet. Even though Darcy seems a confident kid, Children don’t make a whole lot of eye contact in those kinds of instances, hiding behind legs etc, she literally WONT REMEMBER THEIR FACES She’ll want to skip off and play with any children that might be there - she may remember them. The rest of Devon’s relatives - no. Also what is the point when she will never see them again or for years at least?

So robotic stiff Matthew will be taking her round with a beaming gummy Devon doing that squashed smiling nana face, saying in his special stiff as hell monotone teacher voice ‘right Darcy, now this is Devon’s aunty Belinda, she’s 57, she also likes knitting and complaining, just like Devon! Say hello.’

That child is a confident girl, goes to parties, she’s not going to be freaked out at the wedding saying ‘I’m scared, who are all these people I don’t know??’ Like others said she will be with her family, matts parents or hopefully other children. Devon this is for a YOU because you are resentful that you haven’t been able to parade that kid around because matts family takes priority as you said. You’d have to be mental to orchestrate this party to be for a kid, that when they ask her, which they will, like some kind of horrible test, ‘ do you remember uncle Daniel and grandma Gloria?’ The answer will be NO! for the love of god Devon, just have a party to be happy, there’s no need to give everything a downer.

As for the decorations, I can’t help but want to help her. She is flipping clueless. Those purple things! The tablecloths that are impossible to get creases out of.aaaaaaaaaargh. A bedsheet would look better :D

Bantersaurus
Talker
Talker

Post by Bantersaurus »

biggossipyswampy wrote:Why does even their party have to be as clinically depressing and bizarre as their relationship. And why can't they see this and not hype it up on their clinically depressing and bizarre youtube channel.
This sums it up so well! And she's been making these videos for so long now and doesn't seem to have learnt anything, no background music, doesn't prepare any kind of dialogue beforehand. I don't think that YouTube videos should be scripted per se but if you're that awkward and dull as a person a few notes would probably help. She doesn't even make any attempt to make things interesting. I get the feeling that she tries to mimic Louise, who tends to throw in a few quirky bits, but she's so much less engaging and it just comes out flat :|

I wonder much Matt is loving life. Louise is living in a lavish house and his engagement party is in a budget village hall where he can't have a second paper plate. I know money isn't everything but there are literally no perks for him, Devon is a freak!
Last edited by Bantersaurus on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

mushypeas wrote:beaming gummy Devon doing that squashed smiling nana face
Such an accurate description hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I think Matt is seriously depressed and doesn’t want to face the truth that his prefect marriage broke down and is now trying to recreate that with Devon. He hasn’t seemed to have moved on and is trying to outdo or shade Louise in some way. Louise now has a bigger house, book deals, a new man who is involved with darcy and now a new baby. She’s moved onto better things. And Matts standing there with a creepy woman trying to make YouTube happen with a paper cup in hand as he “celebrates” their engagement in a cold empty village hall. I don’t get why he is trying to live like Louise. He obviously doesn’t have that sort of money she has but he’s trying to paint this lifestyle like hers, the trips to London and Disney. Then there’s Devon getting excited that she brought paper plates. Something is seriously wrong in that house. :?

Elizakitty25
Debater
Debater

Post by Elizakitty25 »

Just watched the party planning vlog - seriously depressing. It’s not hard to throw a decent party, I get she’s on a budget but what’s the point of throwing it if you’re on THAT tight of a budget that you can literally only buy enough for one plastic cup per person and serve 6 small trays of cold finger food. She seriously should get on Pinterest - I can imagine the village hall is going to look very stark with just those weird purple things, a bizzare “spangly curtain” and some tacky silver table clothes .... I mean at least get some balloons? Fairy lights? Anything!

Xson1alex
Talker
Talker

Post by Xson1alex »

Doughnutdemon12 wrote:I think Matt is seriously depressed and doesn’t want to face the truth that his prefect marriage broke down and is now trying to recreate that with Devon. He hasn’t seemed to have moved on and is trying to outdo or shade Louise in some way. Louise now has a bigger house, book deals, a new man who is involved with darcy and now a new baby. She’s moved onto better things. And Matts standing there with a creepy woman trying to make YouTube happen with a paper cup in hand as he “celebrates” their engagement in a cold empty village hall. I don’t get why he is trying to live like Louise. He obviously doesn’t have that sort of money she has but he’s trying to paint this lifestyle like hers, the trips to London and Disney. Then there’s Devon getting excited that she brought paper plates. Something is seriously wrong in that house. :?
Yes, totally agree. As wooden and emotionless as he is, you can see multiple times in vlogs, usually their days out, his face is doing that strained smile when he says ‘...and Devon’s not too happy about that/being here/the weather’. Then she does the moody teenager glare. He must feel like he’s at work! He’s trying to hide it, but it’s there on his face that he is thinking what have I done? How long can I take this? When will she stop? But is also humouring it for the camera. They are what, two mere years in! I think he is very controlling and a strict Debbie downer himself so with her mixed in he really will be feeling terrible. Handful as Louise may have been she was also light, funny, full of life.

Post by Guest »

Devon and Louise really are opposites aren’t they. As a pain in the butt Louise can be she is funny, upbeat and full of life. Devon is depressing, shows little emotion and is soooooooooo boring!

They have been together nearly 3 years now I think. He must feel like it’s been a life sentence. Maybe he’s marrying Devon because he wants a woman in the house for Darcy? I don’t think it’s out of love, more situation. On tap babysitter so he can jet off to Francr with work.

The more joint videos and vlogs they put up, the more unhappy you can tell he is. He pulls faces when Devon says something, backs away from her when she kisses him and just looks so depressed. There’s no joy there. They really, really try to fake it to fool themselves but anyone can actually see that Matts not that into her as she is into him. Less is more and they are all about appearances. They can’t even go to the cinema without making a big song and dance about how couples goals they are. :roll:

Let’s hope that Devon doesn’t now think she can be a party planner and that is her next calling... :rofl:

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

I think he’s in too deep now to back out. He’d feel like he’s ‘lost’ if he breaks up with Devon even though it looks like the best for both of them, they lead such a miserable life and social media is supposed to be the ‘highlight reel’ so it must be worse when the camera’s off!

Post by Guest »

I can imagine Devon being one of those people who would stalk the person who dumped them and threaten to kill herself :?

maccalacca
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by maccalacca »

I just watched the party planning video. She bought 30 forks? And that's it. No knives, no spoons. Just 30 forks.

So she has 60 plates, 100 napkins, 30 forks and 110 cups. Is this a joke? Did she even think this through?

Also, one case of Stella for a party? One case of Stella barely does a couple of guys having a night in, let alone a big family party.

Post by Guest »

TheChemist wrote:I think he’s in too deep now to back out. He’d feel like he’s ‘lost’ if he breaks up with Devon even though it looks like the best for both of them, they lead such a miserable life and social media is supposed to be the ‘highlight reel’ so it must be worse when the camera’s off!

Completely agree with this. He’s so far into this mess now that if he breaks it off he could across as the bad guy and Louise would find it funny. It would all come back in his face and he doesn’t want to give Louise that power that he’s failed again. I don’t see what he gets out of it really. He’s messing with his own life. He’s going to be married to someone he can’t stand for the rest of his life. I also still think he’s gay or at least bi and that’s just building up inside him waiting to explode.

Tink1987
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by Tink1987 »

I've got this creepy vision of Devon skipping around the hall, holding Darcy by the hand and introducing her to people. All whilst pretending in her head she's the mom. This girl freaks me the f out

ytfanxo
Informer
Informer

Post by ytfanxo »

I watched one of her videos and she's in the car with Matt, and she's talking about how Matt said she could have a kitten but they aren't getting one now, because he turned around and decided to revoke permission for one. Throwback to Louise and Dan Howell's prank video where she pranks Matt, is Devon now trying to put forward this "Louise didn't do as she was told in this relationship, however I'm a good wifey and will submit to Matthew."

Um, why would you aspire to that? Also why would you want a man that tried to control his wife, instead of embracing her? Why does everything need to be on his terms? Louise is a free bird Devon, and you seriously think it's impressive you're obeying Matt by staying in the cage?

Post by Guest »

She seems to think that being weak and all pathetic is good. It’s really not and especially with a young girl in the house. Darcy needs strong independent women like her mother. Not this moody teenager.

She plays the victim all the time and I don’t understand how some people don’t see it. She’s never the bully and always the bullied when it’s very clear that’s not the case. Just because she talks like a mouse people think she’s so sweet and innocent.

If Matt ever broke it off (doubtful now he’s in too deep and doesn’t want to look weak) I can do see her pretending to be pregnant to make him stay. She comes across as one of those girls that would try and make an ex jealous by getting with someone else. Desperate.

meowelseh
Informer
Informer

Post by meowelseh »

it's interesting that she's never thrown a party before?? not even an 18th or 21st or any sort of party during her time at university? or not even had a part to play in organising a birthday party or event function for a family member or friend? i think this shows not only her lack of friends but how childish she is if she's never had a role in organising things for others before.

Post by Guest »

meowelseh wrote:it's interesting that she's never thrown a party before?? not even an 18th or 21st or any sort of party during her time at university? or not even had a part to play in organising a birthday party or event function for a family member or friend? i think this shows not only her lack of friends but how childish she is if she's never had a role in organising things for others before.
I agree. It really shows what kind of person she actually is. No one has asked her before and she’s never had friends to do a party for herself. Makes you realise in a way why she has so little friends in real life. Because she’s a boring nasty bully who acts like a child. Who would seriously what to spend time with that.

rebkasmth
Lurker
Lurker

Post by rebkasmth »

I think it really shows the lack of friends on both sides. Neither of them have ever mentioned hanging out with friends, having friends over, borrowing things from friends to help with the party, it really is quite sad. She can live her life how she wants obviously but it's so strange that this girl who is in her mid-twenties and the prime of her life is going to be stood in a village hall in her fuddy duddy granny M&S sale dress with those hideous purple 'decorations' next to a cardboard life with poor little Darcy being confused why all these people are trying to talk to her. I just don't get it! Surely one evening isn't enough time to say hello to everyone she hasn't met it's going to be exhausting for her

Post by Guest »

I think it's really unfair on Darcy for them to do this. It puts a lot of pressure on her. And it's family Devon never sees! She has said it so herself. Darcy is not going to freak out at the wedding with a few people she's never met before. She will have her blood family there and would be more comfortable.

Also someone really should tell Devon to not get so OTT with taking on a mother role as Darcy has a mother. She doesn't need Devon. Devon is just a babysitter.

This whole party is a big show for Devon to act like Darcy's mum and like she's some important figure in her life... :rofl:

Return to “Devon Louise”