Devon the coattail rider. Part 2

somerisings
Learner
Learner
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Devon the coattail rider. Part 2

Post by somerisings »

Ugh what's her 'life update'? She's too boring to hate-watch. If someone could do it for me, that'd be grand ;)

daisychainx
Debater
Debater

Post by daisychainx »

She's talked about how her job makes her ill due to the pressure so because she LOVES make up (fully cracked up when she said that remembering that new years tutorial) so she's going to train to be a beauty therapist :rofl:

somerisings
Learner
Learner

Post by somerisings »

daisychainx wrote:She's talked about how her job makes her ill due to the pressure so because she LOVES make up (fully cracked up when she said that remembering that new years tutorial) so she's going to train to be a beauty therapist :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

frogofdhoom
Talker
Talker

Post by frogofdhoom »

oh dear lord...

kaymaroff
Learner
Learner

Post by kaymaroff »

I am not against changing careers and jobs at all (I did so myself 2 years ago)....

But I was not expecting her to say she was training to be a beauty therapist! I thought she was going to say teacher or something!

Well... this will be interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post by Guest »

I can not believe that...wait actually I can because it's something Louise would do (not to mention Robin is a make up artist in her book)

What the actual hell? Make up? Devon learning about make up and putting it on people...what? I'm sorry but she really is not cut out for that, its definitely not her calling. She said she loves make up :rofl: Yeah of course you do :roll:

I started a beauty course when I was in college and it really wasn't what people think it is. It's not all glamorous. I hated it! Also it's really hard to get work after, many of my friends who stayed on the course really struggled to get work. It might be different for her but I can't see her sticking it out. She's also not that confident which you need when applying make up to people or doing beauty treatments.

Who would honestly what thier make up done by her :rofl: this is a joke right? A classic Devon :rofl:

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

I think that's one of the worst videos I've ever seen by her. She comes across as so sanctimonious and fake. I just can't see make-up working out for her, especially if she's dazed by the thought of having to wear it everyday.

Silver star
Learner
Learner

Post by Silver star »

OH MY GOD!! :rofl:

Is she serious?? She's got to be trolling us.

Post by Guest »

fgururu wrote:I think that's one of the worst videos I've ever seen by her. She comes across as so sanctimonious and fake. I just can't see make-up working out for her, especially if she's dazed by the thought of having to wear it everyday.
Exactly! She can't be that crazy about it and she said she's not wore it for 3 weeks! This has got to be some kind of sick joke. Her as a make up artist and doing beauty...the person who has a ton of failed make up tutorials on her YouTube, has such an ugly fringe that doesn't suit her and seriously needs to be introduced to an eyebrow brush! Just no!

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

Guessing Matt will be paying for her training or course or whatever it is...

fighead
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by fighead »

I'm just watching her NYE make-up video now and......my god. I'm not a big make-up lover or expert at all, but even I am shocked at what she's doing. I'm just very very concerned.

- Her foundation which is basically WHITE, yet she's just going with it.
- She said "I have no idea what I'm doing...and to be honest I don't really have any desire to learn." AND NOW SHE WANTS TO BE A MAKE-UP ARTIST. How has all of that changed in six months??
- "Nothing I ever do to my face is intentional, I just kind of think, 'Whoops, okay, I'm gonna go with that'"
- She keeps talking about how she should have done the foundation last because she keeps getting eyeshadow all over her face. I've never heard of foundation being done last, I always thought that it was the first thing because it's the base but like I said, I only wear casual day-to-day make up so it could be a thing?
- Her uneven eyeshadow? Is she seeing what she's filming or......what?? She starts looking at each eyebrow in turn to make sure they're even and talks about how weird it looks if one is done and the other one isn't but has NO comment about one eye looking like she's been punched in it compared to the other
- Then she starts talking about how she has the wrong shade eyebrow pencil, yet isn't registering her literal white face AT ALL

I kind of tuned out the rest, and she didn't go too wrong with the blush/lipstick (imo, though maybe it was totally the wrong shade with those eyes) but I can't believe after that she's turned around and said she wants to do this as a career.

Big_love90
Learner
Learner

Post by Big_love90 »

Omg I just can't :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

archived
Informer
Informer

Post by archived »

Has she always had her likes turned off or is it something new?
yeehaw partner

hamiltrash
Lurker
Lurker

Post by hamiltrash »

Why does she want to be a beauty therapist? Like one of the other posters I rewatched (part of- I got bored) her NYE tutorial. I do a lot of makeup looks and it's a passion of mine so it was kind of horrific to watch and I couldn't really get through it lmao, but obviously that was 6 months ago so maybe she's improved since then.

-did she put foundation on her forehead? It doesn't look like it...
-WHY is her eyeshadow so uneven?! And why hasn't she blended it at all???
-She could have put the foundation on after her eyeshadow if she wanted to minimise fallout (as she said) or she could've used a fluffy brush to sweep away the fallout or baked under her eyes then applied eyeshadow and when she swept away the bake it would also get rid of the fallout
-She wants to go into the beauty industry and she doesn't know the name of the "mascara wand without the mascara"(a spoolie). You'd think if this was her passion she'd research a little, watch some beauty gurus, etc...
-I think to be honest she has more expensive products than she needs. There are plenty of cheap alternatives at Boots and Superdrug that she wouldn't have to waste while she's experimenting and finding her feet instead of spending £20+ on KVD, Too Faced, etc
-She needs to learn to put makeup on herself WELL, without winging it, before she can put it on others. As an mua you need to be able to work with all kind of skin tones, types, etc. If she doesn't know how to do her own face yet wants to makeover other people that's pretty worrying
-I'd be interested in seeing her skincare routine as that's the foundation for your makeup essentially and I'm not sure she has one...

There's definitely room for improvement (and who knows, maybe she has improved since then), but I think if she wants to be a beauty therapist she's going to have to work super hard and practice a lot, especially on herself (since she never seems to be wearing makeup in any of her posts or is wearing minimal makeup). The best way to improve is practice, and I just don't think she's had enough to consider this a viable career path (but again, all of this is my own opinion)

daisychainx
Debater
Debater

Post by daisychainx »

"Of course I'm lucky to have Matthew's income to support us while I'm doing this so I can make a better life for me, Matthew and Darcy" :barf: :barf: :barf:

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

daisychainx wrote:"Of course I'm lucky to have Matthew's income to support us while I'm doing this so I can make a better life for me, Matthew and Darcy" :barf: :barf: :barf:
she actually said that... has she seen the life Darcy has with Louise? I think she's fine without Devon's awful new career choice

mix10
Debater
Debater

Post by mix10 »

I just couldn't help but think that the type of anxiety she spoke about in regards to her wedding shoots could also come into play as a beautician? i mean any type of service job can be very stressful, especially if you are working with a difficult client.

I'm also curious about how she will feel about having to use non cruelty free products as I'm sure during her course she won't have much of a choice?

I mean good on her for trying something new but it seems so random and out of left field. I'm sure she "likes" makeup but it doesn't seem like a true passion? She can't even be bothered to do her own makeup most days. :?

polarbearninja
Informer
Informer

Post by polarbearninja »

If she gets anxious that people won't like wedding photos why wouldn't she get anxious that people won't like the way she did their makeup :/

Fair enough if she wants to leave the photography job but is this really the best alternative.. It's not going to pay very well and may make her just as anxious.

I have anxiety myself and I know it would cause me anxiety.

mix10
Debater
Debater

Post by mix10 »

Also how is she going to handle a beauty course when she can't even handle having a dislike button??

TheChemist
Gossiper
Gossiper

Post by TheChemist »

She's not really good at interacting with people from what we've seen so can't see it going well at all

Return to “Devon Louise”